• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Has anybody noticed that Sakurai reveals veterans mostly on tuesday and thursday?
I don't think it's decided from day of the week, but more so the date, to time it with releases or anniversaries.

Well ****ing said.

Hate how many characters "suck" in Brawl stated by people on this forum.
Maybe you just suck playing as them?
The tier list affects too many people's opinions. Unless you play Meta Knight, then as a casual player you won't notice too big of a difference in balance. My brother kicks my ass with Donkey Kong, I can play whatever character I want to, but I can never beat his Donkey Kong, only sometimes with Meta Knight. He can also deal out some good games with Ganondorf and Bowser, and likewise I can do the same with Captain Falcon and Samus.

However, over time we got better and better, and soon enough poor Ganondorf had a hard time against Wario. I feel fairly confident in saying that with how much me and my brother have been playing, that's since 2001 when we first got Melee a month after its European release date (I've been checking the "Notices" section not too long ago,) we're above average players. I wouldn't be able to put up a fight in one of the big tourneys like Apex, but I'm still fairly good and know my way in and out around all the games. With that, I have begun to feel the imbalance. Characters like Mario, Captain Falcon, Jigglypuff and Samus have gotten drastically worse since Melee, I used to be able to kick regular butt with them, but now I really struggle trying to win with them, especially with Jigglypuff who I dropped altogether because she's unplayable. There's some clear number differences about these particular character from Melee to Brawl, and some of them like C. Falcon and Jigglypuff just don't fare as well in an environment as Brawl's.

Brawl is imbalanced, that's undeniable. Melee however was that too, though I do want to say that it went more in the favor for my favorite characters and didn't have as large a cast. That's why I'm so thrilled to hear that balance is getting a lot of focus in this game. Yes, you can beat the tier list, it's not the be all end all, and was never supposed to be, but it's rather a rought outline of the balance. You can beat Falco as Samus if you're really good, or take down Snake as Bowser, heck, I've even seen some very impressive stuff from Ganondorfs, but there's still a big imbalance to be felt. That's why some character are destined to suck, and some have even been acknowledged to suck, like Samus who is receiving some amazing buffs.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Tier lists matter more as you get better.
Tier lists shouldn't matter at all if you're a casual player.
Characters aren't bad because nobody plays them well, characters are bad because their specs/moveset are bad or aren't as good as other people in the same niche.
If you don't realize some characters are better than others then you're a bad player.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
I'm sorry, who on earth is the glorified stag?
If not already answered: The Pokémon X legendary.

Edit: I hope they have more diverse sounds. I get that the baseball bat sound is satisfying, but Luigi's fist, Jigg's body and Zelda's heel shouldn't all make that same sound.
I also hope they bring back Melee style explosions (where appropriate). In moderation, they feel so much better than Brawl's.

Lugubrious

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lugubrious
Has the Meteor Smash pic of the day changed back into the Pokemon picture (Though still with a 3DS border) for anyone else?

Tybis

Smash Apprentice
I love how Sakurai was "We're totally not gonna talk about Pokemon!"
And he doesn't.

Reverse reverse psychology.

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
Even on the 3DS this game looks super purdy. Was hoping for a more interesting screenshot, but oh well.

Here's hoping Mario's meteor smash gets buffed a little.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I love how Sakurai was "We're totally not gonna talk about Pokemon!"
And he doesn't.

Reverse reverse psychology.
LOL, to be fair the joke was though:
"We're not announcing anything related to Pokémon!!!" *Xerneas picture behind him*

People saw that like it was going to announce something after it only because they wanted. He did show something Pokémon-related.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Would this be mediocre?

It has Pit and Bowser (why is he always getting hurt each time he's shown these days?), so no complaints from me.

-TAG-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuprSmashKing16
At first it looked like a new item, then reading the description to find it wasn't made me feel a little disappointed. Sakurai's comment implies those rings will hurt you. Stage hazard maybe?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Would this be mediocre?
It has Pit and Bowser (why is he always getting hurt each time he's shown these days?), so no complaints from me.
He's the only villain currently on the roster, so of course the others gang up on him. Poor guy, he might want some company from Dedede, Ganondorf, Wolf, K. Rool and Ridley soon. I guess Mewtwo could hold him company too.

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
I am liking the pilot wing stage from what we've seen in pics and for a second in the sonic trailer.

It's almost the end of October. Where's our pokemon newcomer or new pokemon reveal Saw-Queue-Roy?

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
Looks like it might be a stage hazard, so it's a little interesting.

There's still not a whole lot to talk about, though. Kind of boring in the long run.

Dr. Corndog

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DrCecilCorndog
Nothing new today, but it's hard to complain when he provides such amusing comments to go along with the pictures.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Xerneas is new so pokeball item or pokemon stage hinted

And friday between the 29th its possible of the second part of the rumor of wii fit trainer megaman and villager little mac pac man and mii being announced since wii u party comes out on friday near the anniversary of punch out nes and pac man ghostly adevntures on the 29th

But don't get your hopes up though

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Maybe if you go on one side the plane leans because of your weight and steers that direction. That would be awesome for casual play with by friends (sister :c)

Lugubrious

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lugubrious
I was thinking exactly the same stage, Toxicroaker. I do hope the rings don't actually damage you, though. Otherwise the stage might be competitive (lilting one way or another and a low transition to another, bigger plane aren't enough to make it a roidfest IMO).

D

Deleted member

I'm disturbed by the lack of information for the past couple of weeks... (besides Sonic and Xerneas)

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I'm hoping we see something exciting Thursday or Friday. I'm convinced it won't be anything too revealing tomorrow.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Every morning, I have this strange thrill that Mewtwo may have been revealed in honor of Pokemon X and Y... maybe it will be latter than I thought, but I'm really looking forward to it!

In the meantime, the mediocre pics will hold me off.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I take back what I said. This is actually a pretty interesting picture. While it's a Pilotwings picture (again), it gives us light on new features in that stage.

For one, the rings. I believe you can get damaged from them. That will most likely be another gimmick for this stage other than alternating planes. Next, the 4 wings. The two on the bottom I suspect you can go under on. That seems to be pretty cool, kinda like Venom in Melee.

What intrigues me may just be me looking too into the picture. The plane is veering to the right. Does it look like the left wing (from our perspective) flaps are down, and the ones on the right are still up? Maybe that will make parts of the plane inaccessible at some points of the flight.

Thoughts?

Mr.Universe

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1864-9620-1149
I personally don't think that the rings are hazards, just another visual aspect of the stage. Anyways, I'll admit that even though I was really hyped when the Pilotwings stage was first revealed, it's starting to get old to me. Regardless, it's still a great pic and is probably going to be a stage of choice of mine.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I think a Wall-E character reveal is coming soon. The fact that all of these pilotwing stages are coming out only points to one thing:

Hence since Pixar makes Planes and they made Wall-E they'll have Wall-E in the game. But you may say "But Wall-E and Planes are different moves" well yes they are, but they're in the same universe:

http://mashable.com/2013/07/12/the-pixar-theory/

Wall-E would obviously be a clone replacement for ROB since ROB was only a controller that people broke a week after they got it. Wall-E is a fresh idea that would fit perfectly in the Smash bros universe. This also ties in with the fact that Sakurai has confirmed Harry Potter in smash4 so we know movie characters are fair game.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
I think a Wall-E character reveal is coming soon. The fact that all of these pilotwing stages are coming out only points to one thing:

Hence since Pixar makes Planes and they made Wall-E they'll have Wall-E in the game. But you may say "But Wall-E and Planes are different moves" well yes they are, but they're in the same universe:

http://mashable.com/2013/07/12/the-pixar-theory/

Wall-E would obviously be a clone replacement for ROB since ROB was only a controller that people broke a week after they got it. Wall-E is a fresh idea that would fit perfectly in the Smash bros universe. This also ties in with the fact that Sakurai has confirmed Harry Potter in smash4 so we know movie characters are fair game.
But....but.... Planes isn't a Pixar movie...

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
This picture has to be the worst one yet. Not only does it show us absolutely nothing new, I can't say I get the joke.

Oh well, here's hoping to tomorrow, right?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
This picture has to be the worst one yet. Not only does it show us absolutely nothing new, I can't say I get the joke.

Oh well, here's hoping to tomorrow, right?
It's funny cause robots can't get cancer...

LAUGH DAMN YOU!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
An attempt at a joke for this pic-

Pikachus have learned to implant newborn Pikachus in robots and they have been confirmed to be born in a similar manner to Xenomorphs.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I did laugh at this caption. It's just such a meaningless picture, and Sakurai just fully acknowledges it and has a fun time with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom