• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
The creamy shading/light mixed with the smoother models and brighter/more primary-based color scheme is probably why.
Characters like Toon Link and Villager make this incredibly evident. Villager just flat-out looks like a cake in some screenshots, and his official portrait.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Can't wait to see what ice climbers, ness, and Lucas look like.
I hope Zelda, when revealed hopefully next month, will still have that poised, elegant demeanor. Like what she had in TP, but more refined and matured. And colorful!

But also thinking ROB will look like shiny metal.... it's good.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Can't wait to see what ice climbers, ness, and Lucas look like.
I almost feel the art style helped toon link slightly in coming back. The earthbound kids/ice climbers/pokemon/kirby characters are all going to look so cute and bright. I almost want to see Snake return solely to see how he looks in this art direction.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Well people, place your bets on what we'll see this next week!

My guess is more Characters, but perhaps with a bit of items thrown in.

EDIT: I mean revealed characters, not new ones...

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
Ditto. And I actually don't see that cake-like look in Xerneas.

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
Yeah, I'd say Xerneas is more like candy, those silly lights on its antlers remind me of rock candy.

D

Deleted member

Just Mario spiking Kirby on the Kid Icarus stage.
Nothing that special.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Whoa, a 3DS picture. And it's even quite good.
Still I'm pretty disappointed with the choice for a Kid Icarus: Uprising stage. I hope it's not the only one.
I want Pandora's Labyrinth Of Deceit (possibly on WiiU).

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
It always feels so good to pull that off with mario. I don't play him nearly enough, he's a great fighter.

In Brawl he sucks and that move 50% of the time doesn't work the right way...

Not when I play with him. 100% dunks all day.

Characters only suck when you play based off of preconceived notions and mental blocks. Open mindedness separates the good players from the bad.

Also, this picture is literally everything I stand for playing smash.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
It's just very hard to land that spike properly in Brawl, which is a shame since it's so satisfying. Same with C. Falcon and Ivysaur's spikes.

It's just very hard to land that spike properly in Brawl, which is a shame since it's so satisfying. Same with C. Falcon and Ivysaur's spikes.

True, but in all honesty Mario's would be the easiest to land out of the 3 in my opinion. It helps if you make solid reads and bait air dodges to land the Fair. It also helps if you can properly read the opponents DI. For example, I was playing against a Snake the other day and noticed he had the tendency to DI up a lot, so when I was at the edge and I forward threw him I immediately jumped and Faired him, under pressure he tried to recover immediately so i fast falled down and spiked him again. Needless to say it felt great.

However, that is a lot to go through for a spike. It's hard to spike in Brawl in general.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I actually wouldn't mind seeing some more 3DS pic's. We don't really see that much screenshots (let alone gameplay) from that version. Like only once a week. I know it's because Sakurai uploads these pics on Miiverse and most of the people who have Miiverse are mainly interested in the Wii U version but it would still be kinda nice to see a few more 3DS pictures in at least one of the weeks.... :/

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
In Brawl he sucks and that move 50% of the time doesn't work the right way...
To add to this, in Melee, Mario's f-air is not that effective in making Meteor Smash KOs, since it's not too strong, and easy to Meteor Cancel. You're way more likely to pull off Meteor Smashes with Captain Falcon's d-air than with Mario's f-air.

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
To add to this, in Melee, Mario's f-air is not that effective in making Meteor Smash KOs, since it's not too strong, and easy to Meteor Cancel. You're way more likely to pull off Meteor Smashes with Captain Falcon's d-air than with Mario's f-air.
Well you never know... Maybe they buffed it in the next game...

I'm always scared to reply to moderator comments... I fear they might ban me if I prove them wrong at something...

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
It does have a trollish feeling to it. Kinda like Sakurai is saying "Haha I get to play the game every day during my lunchbreak while the rest of the world is waiting until next year umad bro's and sis's!" :troll:

But I guess that's just me..... :x I'm pretty sure he didn't intend for that though...

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
Not when I play with him. 100% dunks all day.

Characters only suck when you play based off of preconceived notions and mental blocks. Open mindedness separates the good players from the bad.

Also, this picture is literally everything I stand for playing smash.

Well ****ing said.

Hate how many characters "suck" in Brawl stated by people on this forum.
Maybe you just suck playing as them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom