• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Well it's 2 AM with no clarifying PotD.

And unlike Ridley, Meta Knight's been name dropped and sort of shown on screen.

I'm filing this under "Worrying."
It's no more worrying than Ness' name being dropped on Lucas' profile pre-Brawl.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
What if all of the characters that sakurai has teased (Ridley, Game and Watch, and now Meta Knight) are actually just gonna be this game's unlockable characters?
It may, but not for Ridley this one was way too strong for that.

Also, I what would be my wait music

Perfect combination of confusion + long time.

Because it's like hours of wait for we don't know (maybe even nothing).

nuclearneo577

Smash Journeyman
What if all of the characters that sakurai has teased (Ridley, Game and Watch, and now Meta Knight) are actually just gonna be this game's unlockable characters?
Ridley and G&W being unlockable both make sense, G&W was a secret character that I'm sure nobody saw coming in Melee, and was revealed to be in Brawl via the DOJO shortly after it came out, and Ridley is a villain who's not Bowser. I dunno about Meta Knight though, he kind of was in the first Brawl trailer, making him unloackable would just be too far off.

Last edited:

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
It may, but not for Ridley this one was way too strong for that.

Also, I what would be my wait music

Perfect combination of confusion + long time.

Because it's like hours of wait for we don't know (maybe even nothing).
You are to Paper Mario like I am to Wario.

I love your hype style

toonist22

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4227-2470-0098
later on this friday,
Sakurai:"to coincide with the release of Hyrule Warriors, we have a Ganon Mii costume!"

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
On somewhat of a different note, isn't it a bit of a missed opportunity that the Samus Mii isn't a Mii Gunner? The sword looks pretty radical though, at least from what we can see.

Last edited:

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
Ridley and G&W being unlockable both make sense, G&W was a secret character that I'm sure nobody saw coming in Melee, and was raveled to be in Brawl via the DOJO shortly after it came out, and Ridley is a villain who's not Bowser. I dunno about Meta Knight though, he kind of was in the first Brawl trailer, making him unloackable would just be too far off.
Well, you never know.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Ridley and G&W being unlockable both make sense, G&W was a secret character that I'm sure nobody saw coming in Melee, and was revealed to be in Brawl via the DOJO shortly after it came out, and Ridley is a villain who's not Bowser. I dunno about Meta Knight though, he kind of was in the first Brawl trailer, making him unloackable would just be too far off.
Actually, Meta Knight usually only appears late into Kirby games, and he is a character who is shrouded in mystery, I think him being an unlockable makes sense, I'd say the primary reason he was revealed pre-release for Brawl is because of Halberd's huge role in SSE. Of course that doesn't mean we won't see him pre-release for this game, unless we have four Fire Emblem characters on the starting roster.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Well, you never know.
Yeah honestly, you should consider the teases itself because in terms of who the character is...

Toon Link was revealed before release and if Paper Mario was a tease, he would be too because it would be with a WiiU stage and that needs to be done before release.

Never trust this role logic.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Look guys, put money where your mouth is.
$500,000,000 that Meta Knight is a playable character in this game, anyone willing to take up the bet?
No?
Because yyyyyou knowwwwwwwwwww

META KNIGHT IS DA BESS.
He is everything you've ever wanted
(warning: course language)

[P.S. Zimbabwe dollars]

Last edited:

nuclearneo577

Smash Journeyman
Actually, Meta Knight usually only appears late into Kirby games, and he is a character who is shrouded in mystery, I think him being an unlockable makes sense, I'd say the primary reason he was revealed pre-release for Brawl is because of Halberd's huge role in SSE. Of course that doesn't mean we won't see him pre-release for this game, unless we have four Fire Emblem characters on the starting roster.
That's a good point, plus Sakuari doesn't have to put Meta Knight up front of everything to make up for the previous game only having one character from a game that he made other than Smash. And there's all of the Kid Icarus Uprising stuff this time around, so it would make sense that he doesn't feel like showing us all that there's three Kirby characters this time around.

Shariq

Smash Journeyman
Don't worry. That's what Sakurai wants you to do.
Look guys, put money where your mouth is.
$500,000,000 that Meta Knight is a playable character in this game, anyone willing to take up the bet?
No?
Because yyyyyou knowwwwwwwwwww

META KNIGHT IS DA BESS.
He is everything you've ever wanted
(warning: course language)

[P.S. Zimbabwe dollars]
How have I never heard that song before....
Plus it is pretty obvious Meta Knight is a playable character.

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
The Meta Knight subforum is probably going to the hardest thing to deal with, my god. All the hatred and jokes will all come back again :p.

It would honestly be a lot easier if he didn't make it back, as long as Kirby Pit gets the flack for it and not Dedede.

Last edited:

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
It's no more worrying than Ness' name being dropped on Lucas' profile pre-Brawl.
Up until now.

UP UNTIL NOW!

WUT DOEZ IT MEEN?!

Ah, good times. I remember smash dash even said that deconfirmed ness.

I'm guessing this is a similar situation. MK is in. No worries.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
Yeah honestly, you should consider the teases itself because in terms of who the character is...

Toon Link was revealed before release and if Paper Mario was a tease, he would be too because it would be with a WiiU stage and that needs to be done before release.

Never trust this role logic.
...Like I said, you never know. A Few characters May be Seceret, a Few May Not. We have to wait until the game comes out to start this.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
What a hilarious tease, and what a great costume to account for the possibility that MK is really strong again. If he is, tournaments will make really arbitrary rules like "no double Meta Knight team in doubles" and then enterprising players will say "okay, we got this" and use team Meta Knight + Miita Knight. It's good to know that Sakurai plans very far ahead and for ever possibility.

To be fair, both Meta Knight AND Samus are Mii hats you can get normally. Every hat we've seen so far has been obtainable in StreetPass Mii Plaza. So it really doesn't mean much.

What Sakurai should have done was have the Wario Hat, Popo/Ice Climber hood & Meta Knight mask for lulz.

On the plus side, this means you can potentially play Barbara the Bat, Tingle, Bandana Dee and more, assuming ALL the hats are in. Guess we'll see.

Why you gotta crush dreams like that?

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Well, I'm sure none of us expected that. This pretty much confirms Meta Knight will be back, probably as an unlockable character. It also confirms character-based Mii outfits, which is nice.

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
You know what this PotD made me realize? How amazing a Masked Man outfit from Mother 3 would be for the Miis... c'mon, Sakurai, it would almost justify them! Too bad you can't give them the sword in one hand and the gun on the other, though D:

Marakatu

Smash Ace
Well, Massacre Monday strikes again. Meta Knight disconfirmed.
(Not really.)

But this is a great PotD. Toon Samus confirmed.
(Not really.)

But really, now we know that the Mii hats are available in the Wii U version too. This is very interesting, since there are hats of Barbara the Bat, Rhythm Monkey and Dr Kawashima.

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
I just want us all to appreciate how he gave us a tease while still giving us fun information about dressing up Miis.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
I will gladly replace Betaknight with Dixie Kong, still.

If such characters were to be disconfirmed.

inb4 y not both.

spader13

Smash Journeyman
We're really getting a lot of the customization options from Mii Plaza. Maybe it will let you use your data on the 3DS for what you've unlocked rather than needing to unlock them within Smash?

I don't think most people were expecting MK to be cut, so I can't say this raises his chances of being in the game, but it might hint at him being the next veteran revealed.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Sweet fancy..... Thats his biggest troll yet

But this offically locks meta knight (the real one.)

Samus is a costume for me both the mii version and the real one are playable so plan and simple.

From the halberd stage, characters getting repaired, and a metamknight costume for the mii, im pretty sure at this point meta knight is as likely as palutena was hes being saved due to having a new moveset clearly.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Oh, no new character, must be fil-

Oh wait, that looks pretty cool! Is that Meta Knight?! There's no way Sakurai could troll this hard, let's look for the second comment!

Oh well, we all knew he was going to be in the game anyways. Either way, this update is hype, and actually makes me want me to use Miis now. Seriously, the only thing I didn't like we're their faces, and now that you can cover them up, I'm so happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom