• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

We could see a veteran tomorrow, but as long as the updates keep on delivering new information I'm satisfied either way!
Maybe Wario? Ice Climbers? (though I think they would be the last characters shown in the games, because you know, 3DS limitations) Game and Watch? Hmm..

Yeah I agree, every update is great.

Soul.

These PotDs have been good in general. If a veteran character like the Ice Climbers, Wario, or even Meta Knight is confirmed, everyone will be happy because of this, especially with Smash 3DS releasing soon. This is the same reason why we're getting more information.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
....I just want to see Mother content. Ness or Lucas would be perfect for me. However, I have a feeling if one of them is revealed, then the other will be constantly deemed as "cut", either Ness or Lucas (yes, people are somewhat dimwitted).

Still, I could still go for updates like the past two weeks. It's been incredible.

Soul.

....I just want to see Mother content. Ness or Lucas would be perfect for me. However, I have a feeling if one of them is revealed, then the other will be constantly deemed as "cut", either Ness or Lucas (yes, people are somewhat dimwitted).

Still, I could still go for updates like the past two weeks. It's been incredible.
Lol, don't worry. We've got Mother Items already. Ness and Lucas aren't going anywhere. Neither is Jigglypuff.
Besides, it doesn't make sense to cut a character that has been in the previous game.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Lol, don't worry. We've got Mother Items already. Ness and Lucas aren't going anywhere. Neither is Jigglypuff.
Besides, it doesn't make sense to cut a character that has been in the previous game.
I'm not doubting their appearance as well. I'm just dreading to see, for example, if Ness gets confirmed. Sure, I'll be ecstatic. But then I will constantly hear "Oh, Lucas is cut! Lucas is cut!"

Soul.

I'm not doubting their appearance as well. I'm just dreading to see, for example, if Ness gets confirmed. Sure, I'll be ecstatic. But then I will constantly hear "Oh, Lucas is cut! Lucas is cut!"
Well, Gematsu is no more. Leaks do nothing anyway, I think they're wish lists and nothing more.
It makes no sense to cut Lucas. Players have used him and I'm sure they want the character to come back, along with Ness who is 100% confirmed at this point. Don't listen to those people who think the character isn't coming back.
If Ness gets confirmed, Lucas will too.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Well, last time when Lucas was confirmed people were screaming "Ness is cut! Ness is cut!", let Ness have the fun this time until people are proven wrong again :p

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Aww I love Trubbish! It's so cute and it rounds out the pollution trio and...like...garbadge! :3 I get if you don't like it though. :3

Pokémon's a series where I can't really say any of the games are better or worse. There's so many factors to Pokémon and so many different reason why people like pokemon and the each of the games have different strengths and focuses. Of course I have my preferences. Gen 5 was my favorite by a huge margin because it has basically everything I want out of a pokemon game, gen 4 my least favorite by a long shot for several reason. But even strictly in terms of my own opinion, I have a really hard time rating the games on quality like I can do with other game serials, I can only rate them in terms of preference.
Well I'm glad Trubbish makes you happy!
Yeah, there's no definite answer to which Pokemon game is better, they all appeal to different people for different reasons. I'm glad it was your favorite! I'm glad you had a great experience! I used to hate Gen 4 a lot too, but now my tastes changed a bit and I kinda like it (wish the gameplay was a bit faster and the soundtrack a bit stronger) But Gen 4's remake of Gen 2 might be my favorite game in the series so far. I heard Gen 5 was made without a big portion of the team that worked on HG/SS because their work overlapped or something...? So maybe Gen 5 just missed a lot of little things I found important. I loved what they did about low health though, that remix is way better than just the beeping haha
Anyway, I wonder if Zoroark will appear on this stage? Is he a Pokeball Pokemon, a cameo with N, or maybe even a character...? (Probably not, but a gen 5 stage doesnt hurt his chances)

Soul.

Well I'm glad Trubbish makes you happy!
Yeah, there's no definite answer to which Pokemon game is better, they all appeal to different people for different reasons. I'm glad it was your favorite! I'm glad you had a great experience! I used to hate Gen 4 a lot too, but now my tastes changed a bit and I kinda like it (wish the gameplay was a bit faster and the soundtrack a bit stronger) But Gen 4's remake of Gen 2 might be my favorite game in the series so far. I heard Gen 5 was made without a big portion of the team that worked on HG/SS because their work overlapped or something...? So maybe Gen 5 just missed a lot of little things I found important. I loved what they did about low health though, that remix is way better than just the beeping haha
Anyway, I wonder if Zoroark will appear on this stage? Is he a Pokeball Pokemon, a cameo with N, or maybe even a character...? (Probably not, but a gen 5 stage doesnt hurt his chances)
Gen 4? This music is Gen 4 as a whole.
Pokémon games are good, even if some are hated, they're still fine. DPPt had slow gameplay, but now the newer ones have faster gameplay. I think HeartGold and SoulSilver had slow gameplay as well, but that's because of Gen 4 in general.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Gen 4? This music is Gen 4 as a whole.
Pokémon games are good, even if some are hated, they're still fine. DPPt had slow gameplay, but now the newer ones have faster gameplay. I think HeartGold and SoulSilver had slow gameplay as well, but that's because of Gen 4 in general.
Was Gen 4 that slow? I thought Gen 5 felt slower because everything was slowly animated in-battle.

Might have to play Platinum again to get a feel.

Soul.

Was Gen 4 that slow? I thought Gen 5 felt slower because everything was slowly animated in-battle.

Might have to play Platinum again to get a feel.
It kinda feels slow. I think it's because of the DS' hardware...maybe Gen 4 felt slow because of its story? Time and Space?
Gen 5's battles felt a little bit slow because of the animation thing and the camera moving every single time if the Pokémon didn't attack.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Despite one of my most wanted characters getting shot down this week, it's been an amazing week. I'm going to go out on a limb and predict not only a veteran for tonight but one that has had significant changes.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Despite one of my most wanted characters getting shot down this week, it's been an amazing week. I'm going to go out on a limb and predict not only a veteran for tonight but one that has had significant changes.
Implying Ganondorf?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I hope we're going to see a veteran, but for some reason my gut feeling says to not expect it. If any I'm going to bet on ICs though.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I'm guessing filler, because only Sakurai would troll us enough to give us an awesome week only for us to expect a veteran on Friday, and then just show us a picture of Luigi's nose. :troll:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
It has precedent; and I'd argue Mewtwo's cut in brawl was significantly more surprising than having Lucas cut here would be.

Soul.

It has precedent; and I'd argue Mewtwo's cut in brawl was significantly more surprising than having Lucas cut here would be.
Yeah. I know people still want Mewtwo in. I guess we'll see when the game releases in Japan.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Yeah. I know people still want Mewtwo in. I guess we'll see when the game releases in Japan.
Well, whilst I'd enjoy seeing Mewtwo that was less the point of the post - I was more pointing out that Lucas being cut is a very real possibility, using Mewtwo as an example.

Soul.

Well, whilst I'd enjoy seeing Mewtwo that was less the point of the post - I was more pointing out that Lucas being cut is a very real possibility, using Mewtwo as an example.
I know. I was just saying that because a lot of people want the character to return.
I don't think they're cutting Lucas, but if that's what you think, it's okay.

insomniac19

Smash Journeyman
I have a feeling that we'll either be getting Ness or Falco soon as a random veteran reveal. Mother just had a big anniversary and Falco is one of the characters that wouldn't fit into a big, newcomer reveal video a lot of people are expecting/hoping for (for example a villain themed video). Plus I would absolutely die of excitement if either of them get revealed tonight!

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I have a feeling that we'll either be getting Ness or Falco soon as a random veteran reveal. Mother just had a big anniversary and Falco is one of the characters that wouldn't fit into a big, newcomer reveal video a lot of people are expecting/hoping for (for example a villain themed video). Plus I would absolutely die of excitement if either of them get revealed tonight!
In the face of Sakurai, that sentence is nonsense. Remember the Robin/Lucina/Captain Falcon trailer?

If Falco were to appear in a trailer, I'm sure they'd find a way.

Last edited:

insomniac19

Smash Journeyman
In the face of Sakurai, that sentence is nonsense. Remember the Robin/Lucina/Captain Falcon trailer?

If Falco were to appear in a trailer, I'm sure they'd find a way.
Haha yeah I guess so! The man has the ridiculous ability to make anything work!

I just realized Pokemon has two stages on the 3DS already. I mean Mario has a bunch, but I think pokemon is the first that has more then one besides Mario.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'm predicting this whole week:
Monday | Tuesday | Wednesday | Thursday | Friday Takamaru Disconfirmation | PM Representative Stage | Disconfirmation | Hype News | Mega Disconfirmation
Prepare yourselves for this huge news to end the week.
Disconfirmation time :troll:

Donalp15

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Donalp15
Since it is my Birthday tomorrow Mr Sakurai, can the picture be of the returning Ice Climbers?
K thanks bye.
#FrozenFriday

Last edited:

Jrodt333

Smash Rookie
It might be worth noting that tomorrow is the anniversary of Kirby's Dream Land, the first Kirby game. I'm hoping for a Meta Knight reveal tomorrow but it probably won't happen as Meta Knight wasn't even in Kirby's Dream Land.

Soul.

We're expecting Wario, Meta Knight, and the Ice Climbers. If there's some miracle on the next PotD, Ness or Lucas could be revealed. That's just a guess.

D

Deleted member

It might be worth noting that tomorrow is the anniversary of Kirby's Dream Land, the first Kirby game. I'm hoping for a Meta Knight reveal tomorrow but it probably won't happen as Meta Knight wasn't even in Kirby's Dream Land.
Meta Knight? Nice find man. Maybe it'd happen. Maybe it won't. Who knows?

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Also the first game Sakurai ever worked on (not counting a special thanks credit in Arcana) and the first game he directed.

But if he does do something to celebrate it (which I kind of doubt) I'd expect him to celebrate with a filler pick more than anything. But who knows with Sakurai.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom