• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
I'm sure Sakurai wouldn't be celebrating the North American release of the first game in his first Nintendo franchise. I may be wrong, as Sakurai is a bit odd at times. His birthday, on the other hand... Isn't that on a Sunday?

Also, if we see Isaac, I'm going to cry. He can't return as an Assist Trophy. :190:
I kind of see it less as due to celebration and or more due to having an excuse.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
September 13th is when Smash Bros 3DS comes out in Japan... but have you guys ever wondered when Nintendo would start distributing this game to gaming media outlets for reviews? Typically, it seems like gaming outlets get game 1 or 2 weeks before launch. So, let's say that they get it two weeks before launch.... that would leave one month and only one month of POTD's before all the information gets leaked.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'm predicting this whole week:
Monday | Tuesday | Wednesday | Thursday | Friday Takamaru Disconfirmation | PM Representative Stage | Disconfirmation | Hype News | Mega Disconfirmation
Your last reminders about Toaster's Big Prediction Bonanza ending in a big bang this week.

I'm going to bed. I'll know I'm right when I wake up and I have 800 notifications praising the Toastmatsu leak :troll:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Your last reminders about Toaster's Big Prediction Bonanza ending in a big bang this week.

I'm going to bed. I'll know I'm right when I wake up and I have 800 notifications praising the Toastmatsu leak :troll:
well wednesday and thursday were wrong....so no (the stage was cool but it wasnt hype and there was no character disconfirmed)

xelasseh

Smash Apprentice
Let's see a new item, maybe a third party item? That'd be cool. I don't think there's ever been an item from a third party franchise.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701

I've been on Smashboards for an entire year.

How fitting would it be to have Falco revealed tonight?

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Gen 4? This music is Gen 4 as a whole.
Pokémon games are good, even if some are hated, they're still fine. DPPt had slow gameplay, but now the newer ones have faster gameplay. I think HeartGold and SoulSilver had slow gameplay as well, but that's because of Gen 4 in general.
Ahh, Jubilife~ That remix was such a pleasant surprise when playing through X & Y. Again, the soundtrack for me is hit and miss. Some great ones like Jubilife City and Route 209 and some... still alight themes. Yeah, whichever the "worst" in the series is, it's still great. Pokemon games have great, consistent quality. I guess I didn't notice if HG/SS was slow because I was taking the time to listen to the nostalgic tunes and always talking to my Pokemon following me. Gold was my first game all on my own, y'know! Yellow was my first game but I only got to play on my sister's file when she was doing something else and I wasn't allowed to save.

Anyway~ I can see Ness or Lucas announced today in celebration of the anniversary last Sunday (Paper Mario's anniversary was celebrated a week later in the form of that new stage) or we get nothing. But they have to start announcing remaining vets on the starting roster, we have plenty to show off (:warioc::lucas::popo::metaknight:and maybe :ness2:) That's about 5 vets to show off in our final month and barely two weeks! So if we get nothing today I'm really going to be convinced that we get a Smash Direct this month that shows off the remaining starters and maybe even a final newcomer trailer.

A lot of people respond to my reasoning with "There's no reason to show them off now, they don't have a game coming soon" and usually I'd agree with that! But we actually only have 7 Fridays until the 3DS version is out in Japan! And one of those Fridays is right before release so I expect that update to be a generic "filler" pic celebrating launch. So really, just 6 Fridays away! And not saying they all must be released on Friday, just saying thats most likely. 6/7ish Weeks for potential vet announcements.

I'm just saying times running out. We might get nothing today, and then a vet at the end of every week leading up to release. Ive thought about this from a lot of angles XD

Edit: Oh! I could also see Ice Climbers announced today and then a Smash Direct around August 19th featuring a Shulk trailer including all the other vets, since... I dunno, for some reason I don't think Ice Climbers would be too hype to be featured in a trailer. But then, its kinda too obvious to expect such a thing August 19 with Shulk and all that I dunno. I could also see a Ridley trailer where he's paired up with Wario and Meta Knight and Ice Climbers, Lucas, and Ness are trying to stop them...? Dunno, dunno, ahh Ive rambled too much! I always overthink everything! Sorry!

Last edited:

Soul.

Ahh, Jubilife~ That remix was such a pleasant surprise when playing through X & Y. Again, the soundtrack for me is hit and miss. Some great ones like Jubilife City and Route 209 and some... still alight themes. Yeah, whichever the "worst" in the series is, it's still great. Pokemon games have great, consistent quality. I guess I didn't notice if HG/SS was slow because I was taking the time to listen to the nostalgic tunes and always talking to my Pokemon following me. Gold was my first game all on my own, y'know! Yellow was my first game but I only got to play on my sister's file when she was doing something else and I wasn't allowed to save.

Anyway~ I can see Ness or Lucas announced today in celebration of the anniversary last Sunday (Paper Mario's anniversary was celebrated a week later in the form of that new stage) or we get nothing. But they have to start announcing remaining vets on the starting roster, we have plenty to show off (:warioc::lucas::popo::metaknight:and maybe :ness2:) That's about 5 vets to show off in our final month and barely two weeks! So if we get nothing today I'm really going to be convinced that we get a Smash Direct this month that shows off the remaining starters and maybe even a final newcomer trailer.

A lot of people respond to my reasoning with "There's no reason to show them off now, they don't have a game coming soon" and usually I'd agree with that! But we actually only have 7 Fridays until the 3DS version is out in Japan! And one of those Fridays is right before release so I expect that update to be a generic "filler" pic celebrating launch. So really, just 6 Fridays away! And not saying they all must be released on Friday, just saying thats most likely. 6/7ish Weeks for potential vet announcements.

I'm just saying times running out. We might get nothing today, and then a vet at the end of every week leading up to release. Ive thought about this from a lot of angles XD
Gen 4 has good music, but Pokémon has always had good music.
Jubilife City sounds like a "relaxation" theme of sorts. Like, you listen to it, everything is quiet on SmashBoards and you post, maybe this goes to every Gen 4 music in general.

Well, these PotDs have been great so far, if these ones end with a veteran reveal, it would be great.

Lol, we're in August already. Funny how the end of speculation is almost upon us. Time sure flies.
September 12 is probably going to be a day to remember. I'll most likely post the Sonic Adventure 2 Ending theme that day, just because it fits with the speculation ending and stuff.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
You know what?

Because that TTYD anniversary was relevant after all, and I personally think the stage reveal is a tease, this would mean that the date I should look forward for a direct / trailer is August 11 (PM64 14th years in JP).

But since it's Monday, it may have some differences, but it would just make sense If I was accurate.

Last edited:

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
We shall see Lucas tonight, followed by a constant debate about whether Ness is cut. :lucas:
"Pic of the Day. It's the veteran fighter, Lucas, from Mother 3! Up until now..."

Continuation pic:

"...Nah, I'm only kidding. Here's another veteran fighter, Ness! He's one of the small number of character who have been playable in every installment."

Kumatora

Smash Cadet
You know what?

Because that TTYD anniversary was relevant after all, and I personally think the stage reveal is a tease, this would mean that the date I should look forward for a direct / trailer is August 11 (PM64 14th years in JP).

But since it's Monday, it may have some differences, but it would just make sense If I was accurate.
I'm not sure how much weight you want to put into this, but Directs usually are on Mondays. We are getting a direct this upcoming Monday, but it's all about Hyrule Warriors. Unfortunately, I doubt there'd be two directs in one month.

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
I'm not sure how much weight you want to put into this, but Directs usually are on Mondays. We are getting a direct this upcoming Monday, but it's all about Hyrule Warriors. Unfortunately, I doubt there'd be two directs in one month.
There were three in April.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
In my knowledge, no general one happened on Monday (I;m actually sure it was unlikely a Monday).

That's why I'm mostly sure nothing interesting will happened on the same date unless teased previously, but the same week is good place for a general direct.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
You know what?

Hey, maybe! But I dunno, maybe it's just me, but don't you feel like Paper Mario would be a secret/unlockable character? Seeing as he's somewhat of an alternate version of an existing character like Young Link, Toon Link, or even Dr. Mario? Though I doubt very much he'd be a clone like them. Maybe my mind is too wrapped around patterns, but I dunno...

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Hey, maybe! But I dunno, maybe it's just me, but don't you feel like Paper Mario would be a secret/unlockable character? Seeing as he's somewhat of an alternate version of an existing character like Young Link, Toon Link, or even Dr. Mario? Though I doubt very much he'd be a clone like them. Maybe my mind is too wrapped around patterns, but I dunno...
Again, it could happen, but the tease makes this unlikely (this implies that I think the same for Ridley btw).

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
It might be the Kirby Wii U stage since it is the anniversary of Kirby Dreamland's release in America.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I can feel it. It's an Ice Climbers kinda night.

That being said, remember, everyone: anything posted not directly related to the PotD is infractable spam.

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
With the Hyrule Warriors Direct this Monday, it feels like a "Ganondorf for totally no reason guys" night for Sakurai.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Takamaru (as an AT), a Paper Mario stage, and a Pokemon 5th gen stage.
If we get another new stage or a veteran reveal, this might be one of the best update weeks ever.

Getting info on the Galaga item was kinda cool too, but I'm a little sad that it doesn't create a helper of your character if you attack the ship.

Now watch as we get nothing of importance.

----

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom