• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
May I ask why we went from a discussion about Milotic's apperance in the stage to why Porygon has a voice?

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
All I'm saying is Pokemon evolutions don't necessarily have to make sense, lol. Gimme time and I'm sure I can find better examples. But when you got two similar ones without evolutions, it seems like a bit of a waste. I'm not saying that they need to shoe-horn an evolution for every pokemon either. I just think they dropped the ball in a few cases in gen 5; although the general sentiment of that post was a positive one.
Look at fish pokemon there evoloutions are realy wired magickarp to Garados or Febas to Milotic.

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
I know you guys constantly get excited, but this thread has become a cancer. Its constantly "Wario ___" and its gotten really intoleeable. I dont qant to moderate but this thread hasnt become fun anymore. No one cares that you desperately want Wario, stop fishing for likes.
A Cancer? THe guys here are rallying and getting Hyped. Weekly Wario Hype is amazing.
We have a good group of people who love Wario and are hyping the big guy.
Embrace it.

None of us are "fishing for likes"..... we are fishing for farts.

Cut some cheese with us and be cheesy. THis thread is a nutty family, not a cancer :)

Eh Wario should be cut imo. If they're not gonna give him moves from the wario land series I don't really want him at all. Plus he was a starter for Brawl and he hasn't been shown yet? Probably cut imo. No reason to have not shown him otherwise. Plus there was that leak saying he was cut, it's sounding pretty believable about now.
I love your sense of humor.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Oh also, it's nice to finally see another stage based off a DS game. I find it.... kinda amazing how this is just our second DS game stage ever since the Spirit Train stage, we haven't really seen another stage based off any DS games until now.......

*hopes to see some Game Boy Advance stages soon.......*

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
People, Pokémon has a Fish, Remoraid, evolve into a Octopuss (Octillery). The reason? Remoraid is based on a pistol, and Octillery is a bazooka. Needless to say, Pokémon evolves into anything the creators want. But it ALWAYS makes sense in some ways. ^^

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
A Cancer? THe guys here are rallying and getting Hyped. Weekly Wario Hype is amazing.
We have a good group of people who love Wario and are hyping the big guy.
Embrace it.

None of us are "fishing for likes"..... we are fishing for farts.

Cut some cheese with us and be cheesy. THis thread is a nutty family, not a cancer :)
Im hyped for character reveals too. But you dont see every single one of my posts being, like, "Lucas Tuesday. I feel him emanating. The kid's here with us, were ready. Lucas.Lucas. Lucas. This aint Lucas. Tomorrow will be Lucas." *relates pic of the day to Lucas*

Its fine to hype a character but it gets really uncomfortable and incessant when you see that sprawled across the thread 24/7.

Agualitos

Smash Apprentice
Although it's quite odd, I am thrilled Milotic is getting some representation in smash! It's a beautiful and great Pokemon that brings back much nostalgia for me! Seriously finding Feebas in Ruby and Sapphire was a pain, but it was well worth it!

So all I gotta say is "YAY MILOTIC! Representin' Pokemon since the day your beautiful self was created!" :D

Also... THIS STAGE IS GREAT! Can't wait! The music and stage itself will be great!

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Although it's quite odd, I am thrilled Milotic is getting some representation in smash! It's a beautiful and great Pokemon that brings back much nostalgia for me! Seriously finding Feebas in Ruby and Sapphire was a pain, but it was well worth it!

So all I gotta say is "YAY MILOTIC! Representin' Pokemon since the day your beautiful self was created!" :D

Also... THIS STAGE IS GREAT! Can't wait! The music and stage itself will be great!
What do you think Milotic will do? Just an appearance or a stage harzard? I feel like she's gonna be appearing somewhere on the stage while Zekrom/Reshiram will attack.

Still thrilled my favorite Pokemon is represented well in this game!

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
What do you think Milotic will do? Just an appearance or a stage harzard? I feel like she's gonna be appearing somewhere on the stage while Zekrom/Reshiram will attack.

She'll attack by being beautiful (or handsome. :troll:)

Agualitos

Smash Apprentice

Ah! Tbh at first I thought it may have been like another spear pillar stage where Zekrom, Reshiram, and Milotic all act as stage hazards much like Palkia, Dialga, and Creselia did in Brawl! I also think what you said could be correct also! It really is gonna be interesting to see her in this game, but gosh Im I so happy Sakurai implemented her into this Smash game!

Milotic is, and will forever be, one of the best pokemon there is imo! Her special attacks, water typing, rarity, and design just outclass many pokemon! Seeing her and Chandelure in this game is fantastic! :D

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Expecting N's Theme and the Reshiram/Zekrom theme, but hoping for the Team Plasma theme.

I know I'm late to the party, but what the hell @ Milotic. I feel like Sakurai seriously just does this random stuff because he feels like it's funny or something. It's really just kind of stupid.

Although I'm half-expecting Milotic to actually be Zoroark in disguise.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Mewtwo's castle is an anime thing, why would they make a stage based on the anime for Smash? Also, if Mewtwo is back in Smash, it will likely be the one from the Genesect movie, so Mewtwo's castle being a stage would make no sense whatsoever.
But the reason that Jigglypuff,Pikachu and Mewtwo were chosen to represent smash was due to their popularity in the old anime

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
But the reason that Jigglypuff,Pikachu and Mewtwo were chosen to represent smash was due to their popularity in the old anime
Pikachu was in cause he's the mascot of Pokemon. It'd be like having only King Dedede in the original and no kirby.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I think the N theme is a no brainer. But you wanna know what I want to see?

It's tough. Her theme, Diantha's theme, and Steven's theme are my favorite champion music!

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962

It's tough. Her theme, Diantha's theme, and Steven's theme are my favorite champion music!
As much as I love the song, the stage seems to be set during the events of BW. I doubt Iris' theme will appear.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I only now just realize how big a crime it is that they put this in the 3DS version, there's so much good music from B&W that could fit on this stage, Team Plasma's theme, N's Castle, N's theme, VS Champion Alder, VS Elite Four, VS Gym Leader, and even Victory Road could fit too.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
As much as I love the song, the stage seems to be set during the events of BW. I doubt Iris' theme will appear.
Luigi's Mansion had Tetris themes. Delfino Plaza had themes from Super Mario World and 64. Even Skyloft now has music from various other games.

While most stages are set in specific games (except Paper Mario, I guess), I'm pretty sure developers will take songs that are popular and fitting. I know that Iris' them is popular amongst Pokemon fans. As for fitting, we haven't seen how the stage plays out. I just think it can be in if it works.

However, I can be completely wrong. Spear Pillar had all music from DP.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

For some reason I kinda feel that theme would be better suited within a league stage, like the Kalos League stage on the Wii U version.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Luigi's Mansion had Tetris themes. Delfino Plaza had themes from Super Mario World and 64. Even Skyloft now has music from various other games.

While most stages are set in specific games (except Paper Mario, I guess), I'm pretty sure developers will take songs that are popular and fitting. I know that Iris' them is popular amongst Pokemon fans. As for fitting, we haven't seen how the stage plays out. I just think it can be in if it works.

However, I can be completely wrong. Spear Pillar had all music from DP.
The problem is the 3DS version will only have two songs each stage. That will limit what songs they can put on the stage.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
For some reason I kinda feel that theme would be better suited within a league stage, like the Kalos League stage on the Wii U version.
This is technically in the league though since N's Castle rises up around the entire league, you can see Reshiram stands in front of the stairs that lead to the Champion.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I want to be the first person to predict an Ice Climbers reveal for tomorrow. So yeah.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
This is technically in the league though since N's Castle rises up around the entire league, you can see Reshiram stands in front of the stairs that lead to the Champion.
Yeah you're technically right, but for some reason I feel this song is better suited at the Kalos League stage than N's Castle. Probably because it has a more suited atmosphere going, well at least to my taste.... :T

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I want to be the first person to predict an Ice Climbers reveal for tomorrow. So yeah.
It has been a long time since we've just gotten a random vet reveal, hasn't it. Ike was the last one, I think. That was at least 2 months ago. Yeah, we might get a vet or two in August, I could see it. Ice Climbers, and either MK/Lucas/Wario. I could see any one of the other 3 being hidden, but I don't think Ice Climbers will be.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
On a somewhat unrelated note, let's take a moment and appreciate how far the pic of the days have come since a year ago:

Also, what happened to this stage? It's just sort of gone these days, when did we last see it?

Last edited:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
I have mentioned in the News part of the forums and the 3DS stage section of the forums, but I haven't seen it mentioned here and several people are still questioning Milotic's appearance. So here it is; the probable reason for Milotics inclusion on the stage is in reference to the Parfum Palace area in Pokemon X & Y. In particular, the palace contains statues of three Pokemon - Reshiram and Zekrom in the palace grounds, and Milotic inside the palace itself.

Whilst I am not sure why Milotic was chosen to be put alongside the two in Parfum Palace in the first place when it is not even obtainable in the wild in X & Y (best guesses are due to it being either the "most beautiful Pokemon" and so fitting for a statue, potentially being inspired by the Venus de Milo statue, or having a deeper story connection to Reshiram/Zekrom that hasn't been touched upon - one of its Pokedex entries says the sight of Milotic quells combative spirits and so it could quite easily be connected to the battle between Reshiram/Zekrom in BW) I am reasonably sure that Milotic's inclusion in the stage is either for the same reasons as or in reference to Parfum Palace.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
On a somewhat unrelated note, let's take a moment and appreciate how far the pic of the days have come since a year ago:

Also, what happened to this stage? It's just sort of gone these days, when did we last see it?
Someone inflicted daze?

Shaker Edge - Damages single target, Dazes if target is Toppled

Shulk confirmed?

...but seriously, a lot of the Wii U stages have been glossed over. What do we really know about the Wii Fit Training room afterall? I imagine we will get more info post 3DS launch.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I have mentioned in the News part of the forums and the 3DS stage section of the forums, but I haven't seen it mentioned here and several people are still questioning Milotic's appearance. So here it is; the probable reason for Milotics inclusion on the stage is in reference to the Parfum Palace area in Pokemon X & Y. In particular, the palace contains statues of three Pokemon - Reshiram and Zekrom in the palace grounds, and Milotic inside the palace itself.

Whilst I am not sure why Milotic was chosen to be put alongside the two in Parfum Palace in the first place when it is not even obtainable in the wild in X & Y (best guesses are due to it being either the "most beautiful Pokemon" and so fitting for a statue, potentially being inspired by the Venus de Milo statue, or having a deeper story connection to Reshiram/Zekrom that hasn't been touched upon - one of its Pokedex entries says the sight of Milotic quells combative spirits and so it could quite easily be connected to the battle between Reshiram/Zekrom in BW) I am reasonably sure that Milotic's inclusion in the stage is either for the same reasons as or in reference to Parfum Palace.
Ah, okay. I remembered Milotic being a Parfum statue, but forgot about the two legendaries. That makes sense! Good job, person!

Agualitos

Smash Apprentice
I just noticed that this week carried a pattern as far as Picture of the Days go!
Monday - An assist trophy announced (Takamaru #rip)
Tuesday - New 3DS Stage (Paper Mario)
Wednesday - An assist trophy announced/explained (Galaga)
Thursday - New 3DS Stage (Pokemon: N's Castle)

So could friday turn out to be a major announcement such as disconfirming a character OR maybe it could even be turned around to getting a new character!

Monday was disconfirming a character, Wednesday was explaining a previously shown character (AT), and maybe Friday will be revealing a character! Kinda a stretch, but I like to keep my hopes up!

Also, What an AMAZING WEEK it has been for picture of the days!!! 10/10 imo!

Blakexd9

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Blakexd9
3DS FC
3566-1543-3794
I just hope we can see this song in Smash in any shape or form:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I just noticed that this week carried a pattern as far as Picture of the Days go!
Monday - An assist trophy announced (Takamaru #rip)
Tuesday - New 3DS Stage (Paper Mario)
Wednesday - An assist trophy announced/explained (Galaga)
Thursday - New 3DS Stage (Pokemon: N's Castle)

So could friday turn out to be a major announcement such as disconfirming a character OR maybe it could even be turned around to getting a new character!

Monday was disconfirming a character, Wednesday was explaining a previously shown character (AT), and maybe Friday will be revealing a character! Kinda a stretch, but I like to keep my hopes up!

Also, What an AMAZING WEEK it has been for picture of the days!!! 10/10 imo!
I thought Galaga was just an item?

But yeah, it's been incredible.

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
We could see a veteran tomorrow, but as long as the updates keep on delivering new information I'm satisfied either way!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom