• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
eeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEE
MY HYPE RIGHT NOW AAAAAAaaa *ahem*
must contain myself...
anyway, a stage based off N's castle? Or at least, the BW elite four building? Fantastic, simply fantastic!
Although Milotic is a bit random...

That's not the trio I know! Then again, Kyurem is a pokeball summon so...

But still, of ALL the stages to not give more info on! SAKURAAAAAAAI

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Developer: Sakurai, gamefreak are on the phone! They want a Hoenn stage because of ORAS!
Sakurai: Eh.....just stick a Milotic somewhere.
Oh my gosh that makes me imagine the weirdest updates.
"Pic of the day. The Mii Gunner in his suit. Looking sharp! The arm cannon's design will change depending on the outfit, but the attacks and projectiles will be the same. Oh. Also, here's Milotic, I suppose..."

Anyway! This is definitely when N's castle invades the Pokemon League. I don't know why Milotic's there, but I guess we'll find out eventually. These are the 2 tracks I hope the use~
N's Bridge: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpRslKPEDIY
Final N Battle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8s6IkFafrK4

So, what do you people think? Veteran tomorrow? It's been a pretty good week so far.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
This might be Sakurai's laziest caption yet.

''New stage. Release close. Don't have to tell you anything. Bye now."

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
eeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEE
MY HYPE RIGHT NOW AAAAAAaaa *ahem*
must contain myself...
anyway, a stage based off N's castle? Or at least, the BW elite four building? Fantastic, simply fantastic!
Although Milotic is a bit random...

That's not the trio I know! Then again, Kyurem is a pokeball summon so...

But still, of ALL the stages to not give more info on! SAKURAAAAAAAI
Why is Kyurem crying when he has opportunities to appear in every stage on both versions as long as Poké Balls are on?

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Translation of Japanese:

"Went on stage somewhere in the 3DS for [a piece of today], Reshiram! Zekrom and Dell, and also Mirokarosu out. It 's sale to close, and it has inspired the hit of the castle? Someone but it is good not discussed in particular."

I'm thinking it's probably just mistranslation as a result of using google translate, but... if not...
Who or what is Dell..

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
No one cares about those losers. Especially not Steven. He's without a doubt the easiest Champion ever.

Anyway, I'm guessing Reshiram throws fire everywhere while Milotic maybe blasts out Scald and being hit everyone with Dragon Tail everyone once in awhile.
I like them both, so I suppose I'm a contradiction.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Why is Kyurem crying when he has opportunities to appear in every stage on both versions as long as Poké Balls are on?
It's more to do with the fact that it's been replaced in the trio, despite arguably being the most important and potentially strongest of the three.

Translation of Japanese:

"Went on stage somewhere in the 3DS for [a piece of today], Reshiram! Zekrom and Dell, and also Mirokarosu out. It 's sale to close, and it has inspired the hit of the castle? Someone but it is good not discussed in particular."

I'm thinking it's probably just mistranslation as a result of using google translate, but... if not...
Who or what is Dell..
Dell is nothing, though Mirokarosu is Milotic

Last edited:

Donalp15

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Donalp15
It's weird we haven't seen Zoroarks role yet and I assumed he was a pokeball, but maybe he will be present on this stage, it would be weird for him to be the pokemon, as he doesn't mimic attacks though. :awesome:

But since we saw Reshiram today.
Reshiram is a fire type.
Fire is hot. Cold is the opposite of hot.
Ice Climbers live in cold areas.
#Frozen Friday?
:160:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
The only champion we should care about is her:
And arguably her, our chibi badass dragon fairy princess:

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
I still don't get why there is a disagreement about the location. Anyone who can look at Parfum Palace and the Unova League and not see the differences needs to brush up on their architecture. I mean, Parfum palace doesn't even have stairs on the exterior.

LightningVance

Smash Apprentice
I really hope that it's just a statue... I mean there's an incredible Reshiram model in X and Y... why does that make model look atrocious?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
5th Generation representation, thank you Sakurai. It's by far and wide the most underappreciated generation imo and completely blows Generation 6 out of the water.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Meanwhile, I know nothing about Pokemon, so this doesn't affect me in any way.

I wonder when we'll get our Kirby/DK stages...

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
I really hope that it's just a statue... I mean there's an incredible Reshiram model in X and Y... why does that make model look atrocious?
That looks nothing like a statue. That's a live Reshiram. The reshiram model in X and Y is far too restricted and the art style is different.

Last edited:

Donalp15

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Donalp15
Never understood the hate that gen 5 gets from the community. Played up to Gen 4, but skipped Platinum and decided to quit Pokemon. Few years later I got Black 2 on a whim and rekindled my interest in the series. Later played Pokemon Black and Y.
:158:

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
Never understood the hate that gen 5 gets from the community. Played up to Gen 4, but skipped Platinum and decided to quit Pokemon. Few years later I got Black 2 on a whim and rekindled my interest in the series. Later played Pokemon Black and Y.
:158:
For me, Gen V was just flawed in its design. The power creep was ridiculous, the art direction was trying so hard to look good without sacrificing the 2D sprites, and while the stories of BW were the best in the series, BW2's retread was a water downed and inferior copy. A lot of potential and good ideas came from it, but it couldn't quite outshine 4th gen and 6th gen has left it in the dust.

Well, for me at least.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'm very happy to see that Gen 5 didn't get the shaft after all just because it's not "recent enough". Nice to know Reshiram and Zekrom have a bigger role to play though Milotic is indeed a bit odd, unless they where referencing the Perfume Palace from X and Y or it's (one of) Zoroark's disguise.

Eitherway, nice to see N's castle in this. :)

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Does gen 5 get a lot of hate? I always thought each gen had it's own set of lovers and haters to more or less evenish degrees, with the obvious exception of Gen 1 having way more fans than any other gen.

...but I have like zero involvement in the greater Pokémon community so it's not like I would know.

Donalp15

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Donalp15
For me, Gen V was just flawed in its design. The power creep was ridiculous, the art direction was trying so hard to look good without sacrificing the 2D sprites, and while the stories of BW were the best in the series, BW2's retread was a water downed and inferior copy. A lot of potential and good ideas came from it, but it couldn't quite outshine 4th gen and 6th gen has left it in the dust.

Well, for me at least.
Fair enough, but for me Gen 6 is definitely better, but Gen 4 was a disappointment really, I liked a number of the designs, but overall the game just lacked... something. Maybe it was the story.
To each his own I suppose.

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
To me personally, Gen 5 was indeed the weakest generation. The story of the games was OK, sure, but (some of) the Pokémon designs were pretty bad, and with the huge amount of them, it seemed like it was more about quantity than quality. And to me, it's the latter of those that counts. That's why I really enjoy the current, 6th gen, with way less Pokémon but better designs (imo).

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Dunno I think that's kinda subjective, I think most of the designs where just fine in that game. Besides most of the hate in that department usually just goes towards the Trubbish and Vannilite lines from what I've seen...

My personal favourite was probably Gen 2 though.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
I like Reshiram. It's my favorite legendary I never caught (I skipped Gen 5.)

Really wish I didn't, lol.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I liked gen 5's story the best...or at least the characters and their developments. I generally wasn't too stoked by the villains in Hoenn, Sinnoh, or Kalos. However, with designs, I'd say every generation has its good and bad designs. I prefer gen one because that's where I was introduced. However, I don't generally hate the designs of Pokemon. At worst, they are "meh" because they eventually grow on me. Maybe I'm just not a very picky person.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
... But, Milotic? Seriously? I guess all of the other Unova legendaries are in Poke-Balls... Kyurem, Victini, Keldeo, Meloetta... I guess Genesect could have worked but. Meh. Milotic seems so random. Even more out of place than Cresselia on Spear Pillar. Not saying it's a bad thing but. Why?
Genesect is a Pokeball, too.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
The third game is usually the best, I did like Platinum more than the other two to be fair.
Some of the story elements in Platinum might have had some influence by the English translator. I watched an interview with him during a SpeedGamers marathon, and he talked about how he asked them why anyone would follow Cyrus. Then in Platinum, they added that rally with Cyrus tricking everyone into thinking the new world was for everyone who joined the team.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I feel like Gen IV is the most hated for some reason. Probably because of... Oh, let's say Ambipom.
Eh, I dislike it because oh how incredibly slow the gameplay was, I think it introduced the weakest set of Pokémon imo, and its story is a clumsy mess with no build-up and the whole universe being at risk. Seriously, if you want a huge story in your Pokémon game make it the focus of the entire game like Black & White did, otherwise move aside and just let me become the Pokémon Champion, I don't need to save the entire universe in the process. Platinum didn't fix any of this either, all it did was add even more dialog to stop you in your tracks.

I feel like there are good reasons in general as to why it's disliked.

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I feel like Gen IV is the most hated for some reason. Probably because of... Oh, let's say Ambipom.
The gameplay in D/P is really slow, the type diversity is terrible (for example only two Fire-types being available and one of them is the starter) and not every new Pokémon is catchable before you beat the Elite Four.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom