• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Guys, it is not actually N's castle, it is the entrance to the Pokémon League in Pokémon Black and White.

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I think this stage is Parfume Palace and not N's castle. Parfume Palace had a statue of Reshiram and Zekrom in the garden and a statue of Milotic inside.

that would explain Milotic appearing.
Hmmm...

Seems pretty legit.

YoshiSonic

Smash Ace
I worked on a Spongebob meme on how late the POTD is but I guess I'm too late.

Well it's going to happen again tomorrow on Wario's reveal anyway, so no worries.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
The hell is up with Milotic, though...? I don't remember Milotic having any significance in Black/White or even Black2/White2...? Did he mean to say Kyurem...? Weird weird weird.
That's a pretty significant typo. And odd considering Kyurem never showed up in N's Castle.

The only reason I can think of Milotic having any significance is because 2 Champions have one (Wallace and Cynthia), the latter of which shows up in the main game. Yeah you could catch them in the wild, but otherwise Milotic is just a weird cult-favorite.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
It's not Parfume Palace, none of the features in the architecture or surrounding geological features match that area. It's more reminiscent of the Pokémon league/N's Castle from BW.

Last edited:

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
Oh Helix is that angle bad. It took me a bit to even recognize it.

It's easily the best looking area in Unova though, so I think it's a great choice. But does this mean no new Pokemon Stadium? Or does the Kalos League count as that?

Reila

Not sure if Sakurai mistook Milotic
for kyurem or not...
Kyurem is a Poké Ball Pokémon in Smash 4. It ain't appearing in any stage, that is for sure.

Edit: :4greninja:'d. I really should refresh the page before replying to a post.

Last edited:

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
It's not Parfume Palace, none of the features in the architecture match that area. It's more reminiscent of the Pokémon league/N's Castle from BW.
Yeah, the building is the champion's room where Alder/Iris resides.

I do hope to see N's Castle erupt from the ground in the distance though, and possibly see some parts of the architecture and style of said castle in the stage platforms and such.

Ugh. I'm so disappointed that the stages can only have two tracks in the 3DS version. Every time I see a stage with music potential like this, I get sad again.

Embracing the Mission, N, Colress, and Ghetsis's battle themes, Unova Elite Four, Unova Route 11-15, the Black and White credits music, etc.

---

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Please no. I'm tired enough of her in the main games. Give Lance or Steven some love.
No one cares about those losers. Especially not Steven. He's without a doubt the easiest Champion ever.

Anyway, I'm guessing Reshiram throws fire everywhere while Milotic maybe blasts out Scald and being hit everyone with Dragon Tail everyone once in awhile.

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
It's not Parfum Palace lol, that's definitely N's Castle.

Anywho, I'm so stoked for this game.

We haven't even seen any Kirby, F-Zero, Wario, or Yoshi stages yet, or any 3DS Metroid or Starfox stages.

So glad we're not getting shown everything like in the Brawl days. I'm stoked for this game.

Last edited:

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Now we just need something from Kirby: Triple Deluxe and we might have just have the starting stage roster for 3DS (as long as there's a good ten unlockable ones past that).

Sonsa

Smash Champion
That's a pretty significant typo. And odd considering Kyurem never showed up in N's Castle.

The only reason I can think of Milotic having any significance is because 2 Champions have one (Wallace and Cynthia), the latter of which shows up in the main game. Yeah you could catch them in the wild, but otherwise Milotic is just a weird cult-favorite.
Yeah, but at least he shows up in Black & White! I mean so does Milotic, but you can't argue that Milotic has more significance. I'm just confused is all. Wish he'd explain it more, but, guess we're close to release like he said. And oh yeah, I forgot Kyurem was a Pokeball Pokemon. Huh... Maybe Cynthia does show up for some reason. Maybe she's Poke-battling N or Ghetsis in the background. Though, I'm not sure if the 3DS could handle all that.

xelasseh

Smash Apprentice
ohhhhh I hope we get an arranged version of the Unova elite four theme, perfect stage for it. pleeeeeaaaaassssseeee

Arthreeteseven

Smash Ace
Now we just need something from Kirby: Triple Deluxe and we might have just have the starting stage roster for 3DS (as long as there's a good ten unlockable ones past that).
I really really want Triple Deluxe representation! Queen Sectonia's Throne room would be my pick!

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Seems very eager to show off a lot of material nowadays. It's great! Gives me hope that by near the Wii U release we'll get lots of content shown off prior to release.

N's Castle (the stages section in Miiverse calls it that) looks alright. I hated some aspects of Spear Pillar however.

Last edited:

Reila

ohhhhh I hope we get an arranged version of the Unova elite four theme, perfect stage for it. pleeeeeaaaaassssseeee
Oh yes please. Best E4 theme ever.

Also, how awesome would it be if Reshiram/Zekrom are N's? I mean, he does catch one of them in BW. I am not one of those weirdos who worship N, but it would be nice to see him in the background of the stage.

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
I was honestly just trying to find a reason for Milotic being included with Zekrom and Reshiram. lol
That is a pretty spot on N's castle looking at the pictures.

Parfum Palace has the right looks and even the Milotic statue inside but that is clearly N's castle. :/
Pic for reference:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
The picture might be of the Unova league but the way the caption mentions someones Castle I could see this stage being like Castle Siege.

We'll probably start outside the Unova league and then Ns castle rises out of the ground and we move there.

Blakexd9

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Blakexd9
3DS FC
3566-1543-3794
Hey... the Milotic could be a Zoroark. N does have a Zoroark, although he doesn't have a Milotic.

I just want to see a Milotic use Flamethrower in Smash.

Reila

I was honestly just trying to find a reason for Milotic being included with Zekrom and Reshiram. lol
That is a pretty spot on N's castle looking at the pictures.

Parfum Palace has the right looks and even the Milotic statue inside but that is clearly N's castle. :/
Pic for reference:
Maybe the reason Milotic appears is a nod to Parfum Pallace? Or else, they could have put Cobalion, Virizion or Terrakion instead of Milotic in the stage.

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
Another 3DS stage! And a very shmexy one I might add. Makes sense to show them off as the 3DS releases soon - we'll definitely get a good share of Wii U stages at a later point I bet.

Milotic confuses me but I won't put too much thought into it.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I can't say I'm terribly optimistic about the prospects of a Spear Pillar 2 core concept, but we know nothing about it so I guess we'll see soon enough as Sakurai suggested.

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
Hot diggety. The 3DS version is looking better and better! I've thought that N's Castle would make a great stage since my first run of White Version but. I wasn't expecting this. Sakurai, you beautiful man, you've done it again!

... But, Milotic? Seriously? I guess all of the other Unova legendaries are in Poke-Balls... Kyurem, Victini, Keldeo, Meloetta... I guess Genesect could have worked but. Meh. Milotic seems so random. Even more out of place than Cresselia on Spear Pillar. Not saying it's a bad thing but. Why?

I love how the picture shows us just enough for us to debate where it's at. I mean that too. I don't know enough about those particular gens to chime in, so it keeps this stage reveal interesting. Thread does need more pics to compare them though.

Also, when it comes to Melotic. It's far to random to not have some significance. Cresselia at least made some sense because it was legendary from that generation. Melotic is completely out of left field. If I had to guess Melotic has a mega evolution that gives it some significance in ORAS. For all we know this castle could be completely new location found in ORAS that has Reshiram, Zekrom, as well as the mega stone for Melotic. It's not likely, but not completely out of the question. They've really been on the ball when it comes to Pokemon content in Smash in this game

Last edited:

Reila

Meloetta, Kyurem, Victini, Genesect, Keldeo = Poké Balls

Reshiram, Zekrom = Stage hazards

Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion + Mustache trio = Crying in a corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom