• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silent Hell

Smash Cadet
in all those examples mario is not a different form. paper mario is literally paper. please explain how he goes to paper to real to paper. its a different universe man.
Because again, continuity isn't as big of an issue in a Mario game. It's game primarily marketed to everyone and isn't meant to be given this much thought. Here's an idea? Why do the characters in PM say Peach is constantly kidnapped all the time if PM64 was her first kidnapping in that universe? And in TTYD there is that easter egg that transforms you into 8 bit Mario. SO why not have his world change and the properties surrounding it as well? How come in PM's own universe when Super Paper Mario came out, suddenly the entire world is 2D? Oh yeah, because again, continuity. isn't. considered. in. a. children's. game...

Last edited:

TheGoldMan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheGoldMan
3DS FC
1950-8066-7015
galaga ship cunfirmed 4 smash yay i alwayz wantd samurai 2 add galaga ship!!!1

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
How are they supposed to be insane cultists? They aren't even wearing blue!

Also, this picture is wrong on so many levels. I have thought of no fewer than a dozen jokes to make about it at poor DK's expense, but I'm pretty sure all of them are not permitted under the forum rules.

Soul.

Okay, we got a Galaga Assist Trophy. That's fine.
Next PotD will obviously be a 3DS one.

D

Deleted member

Because again, continuity isn't as big of an issue in a Mario game. It's game primarily marketed to everyone and isn't meant to be given this much thought. Here's an idea? Why do the characters in PM say Peach is constantly kidnapped all the time if PM64 was her first kidnapping in that universe? And in TTYD there is that easter egg that transforms you into 8 bit Mario. SO why not have his world change and the properties surrounding it as well? How come in PM's own universe when Super Paper Mario came out, suddenly the entire world is 2D? Oh yeah, because again, continuity. isn't. considered. in. a. children's. game...
I think the bigger question is, how come there are points in the official Zelda timelines where people have tiny legs and big heads (or are top-heavy) while other points in the timelines have normal-proportioned people? :troll:

Silent Hell

Smash Cadet
gonna stop argueing this since continuty does matter but oh well.
Goombario's tattle on Goombas already discredited the alternate universe theory already so you're right this is pointless. :p

"This is a Goomba.
Goombas are what you'd call "small fries." Actually, they're pretty much the
smallest fries. ...Hey, wait! I'm one of 'em!
Max HP: 2, Attack Power: 1, Defense Power: 0
You can jump on them or whack 'em with the Hammer.
These guys are old school. They've been around since you were in Super Mario
Bros.!"
Case in point. I mean why would he say "you" Why not, in an alternate universe you stomped these guys?

Last edited:

GrapeEscape

Smash Apprentice
A lot of people seem underwhelmed, but I'm just happy that we're finally getting confirmation on what exactly the Galaga bugs and Pac-Man ghosts do and how they enter the battlefield. Y'know, unless Sakurai decides to go into zero detail about them in his comment...

Also, poor DK. Those satanist villagers have no right to use a smash fighter as their living sacrifice.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Why are you guys arguing about the continuity of the Mario series?
Arguing about the continuity of a majority of Nintendo's franchises is going to get you nowhere. Fairly sure Nintendo doesn't even bother to keep track with some of the franchises.

Rhus

We're going top speed!
Why are people discussing the S Flag?

It has nothing to do with this, it's a Star Fox item.

GrapeEscape

Smash Apprentice

I think you might have forgotten to include a troll face in your post. Unless you're being serious, that is. If that is the case, the S Flag was only an item in Star Fox Assault because Namco developed the game.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The picture looks like a sacrificial ritual practised by psycho-villagers.
I҉̟̯̦̖̺͙̮ ̱͝ͅH͇͝͝O̘P҉̡͎͕̦͔̱̠̦̘E҉̲̬̙̗̝̬͖̜̩ ̶̨͚̣̰̩ͅB҉̪̪L̥̭̘͜͟Ǫ̞̳̟̺͝͝O͡҉̵̟̟̫D̡̢̳̞̲̼̀ ̙̖̘̞̣ͅG̯̬͇̘͕͙͟Ó̯̯̱͙̻Ḑ̖͈-̻̩̝̺Ś̙̜̘͡E̹͎̼̰̩͞ͅM̶̵͙̣̖̩̥̀P͠͏̠͖͉͔̮̥͈̱͝A̧͉̘̗͈͉͓͡Í̸̟̳͟ ͏̶̨͔̝̭̲͇̳͚͓N̢̤̦̺̼̗̮͓͓O̷̥̭͞T̵̼̮̖͇̺̺̩̞I̹̗̮̺̠͙̭̱͈C҉̝̺̣̜̪̭̬̀E͍̯̹͙̺̕S̴̵̨̭̫̗̝̥͇̝ ̡̞͍͍͘͠M̯͎̥̦͈͇͙͇͟͟E̡̞̪̹̭̱̺̱̪͝͡

epicgordan

Smash Ace

Mainly because the nature of the S Flag is still very much a mystery (all we know is that it is an item). Not that we were heavily discussing it beforehand either (the REAL question is, why does everyone care so much about the continuity of Paper Mario?).

Also, those Galaga aliens are Namco, not Star Fox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom