• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Basically making big deal about her appearance one way or the other is ridiculous, agreed.

That said, her jet boots, and the fact that she won't be forced on me just for using Samus in a casual match makes me like her better already.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Basically making big deal about her appearance one way or the other is ridiculous, agreed.

That said, her jet boots, and the fact that she won't be forced on me just for using Samus in a casual match makes me like her better already.
I really do like though how they glammed her up. I mean, she has a little eye make up, a beauty mark, she looks WAY more feminine. That's fine with me.

Anyway, I don't think we're going to get pictures worth staying up for anymore. I mean, the direct revealed 4 months worth of information at LEAST.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433

That's what it was for me too. I liked using her in Brawl (although her moveset did need some serious buffs), but playing casually sucked because I would avoid getting Smash Balls because I can't play Samus for the life of me. I can't wait to play as ZSS now. And I can't wait to see her FS!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
As awesome as the Direct was, it absolutely kills me how agonizingly close a number of veterans are now to being confirmed thanks to it and all the press material released to accommodate it. Aside from Ike, every character who has ever been in the starting roster of a Smash game has been all but confirmed thanks to the Direct (although I have my own theory about why Ike is coming back). Metaknight has Halberd, Wario had his symbol shown, Captain Falcon has Goroh, Ness and Lucas have the returning Mother items (no franchise has ever had an item and not had at least one rep in the starting roster), and the Ice Climbers have the Polar Bear in Smash Run. Now it's just a matter of sitting around and waiting until Sakurai decides to show them off in a PoD or in a Direct and the fact that the 3DS version probably isn't due out for another 3-4 months means that Sakurai could potentially drag out the confirmations until the very end. Aside from Mario and Dedede, all my favorite veterans are technically still on the fence and that drives me up a wall.

EmbersToAshes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmbersToAshes
As awesome as the Direct was, it absolutely kills me how agonizingly close a number of veterans are now to being confirmed thanks to it and all the press material released to accommodate it. Aside from Ike, every character who has ever been in the starting roster of a Smash game has been all but confirmed thanks to the Direct (although I have my own theory about why Ike is coming back). Metaknight has Halberd, Wario had his symbol shown, Captain Falcon has Goroh, Ness and Lucas have the returning Mother items (no franchise has ever had an item and not had at least one rep in the starting roster), and the Ice Climbers have the Polar Bear in Smash Run. Now it's just a matter of sitting around and waiting until Sakurai decides to show them off in a PoD or in a Direct and the fact that the 3DS version probably isn't due out for another 3-4 months means that Sakurai could potentially drag out the confirmations until the very end. Aside from Mario and Dedede, all my favorite veterans are technically still on the fence and that drives me up a wall.
I don't mean to rain on your parade, because I largely agree with you - but Lip's Stick appears in the game, with no Panel De Pon representative present.

;)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I can't stand everyone complaining about the new ZSS design. Like, she's a woman. Woman have boobs. Nintendo doesn't shove it in people's faces. Go back and look at her reveal- the "Zeroes In" covers her boobs. Honestly people.
and besides, a little fan service never heard anyone...
accept the people that can't control themselves :troll:
The funny thing about this is that I never really had much of an opinion on Zero Suit Samus's new design.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
I need muh Jigglypuff.

bloodbuzzed

Smash Apprentice
I was hoping you noticed a give-away for Jigglypuff that I didn't. She is the only vet left I really care about but I am still very confident she'll make it.

I don't mean to rain on your parade, because I largely agree with you - but Lip's Stick appears in the game, with no Panel De Pon representative present.

;)
Interestingly enough Lip's Stick has yet to be seen in Smash 4. Could mean it's just removed, or maybe something more.

Last edited:

EmbersToAshes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmbersToAshes
I was hoping you noticed a give-away for Jigglypuff that I didn't. She is the only vet left I really care about but I am still very confident she'll make it.

Interestingly enough Lip's Stick has yet to be seen in Smash 4. Could mean it's just removed, or maybe something more.
Yeah, I was referring to the fact that an item doesn't always mean a character. But who knows, eh?

:)

bloodbuzzed

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I was referring to the fact that an item doesn't always mean a character. But who knows, eh?

:)
I might have spoken too soon, over on the Graveyard thread people are demanding Lip's head because her signature weapon appeared as an item. Whoops.

But indeed I get what you were saying.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

;)
Put Panel De Pon's never had anything outside of an item. Basically what I'm saying is that Mother is going to have a fighter in the starting roster. I personally think it's going to be Lucas and Ness will be unlockable. I think this because Goroh's an assist trophy again and they intentionally didn't show his symbol in the Direct, highly suggesting that Captain Falcon is unlockable again. This also lines up with how Goroh was available from the get-go in Brawl but Captain Falcon was unlockable. I personally believe that if Captain Falcon isn't in the starting roster, Ness won't be either for tradition's sake meaning that, in accordance to my item theory, Lucas would have to be in the starting roster.

G-K

Smash Cadet
Put Panel De Pon's never had anything outside of an item. Basically what I'm saying is that Mother is going to have a fighter in the starting roster. I personally think it's going to be Lucas and Ness will be unlockable. I think this because Goroh's an assist trophy again and they intentionally didn't show his symbol in the Direct, highly suggesting that Captain Falcon is unlockable again. This also lines up with how Goroh was available from the get-go in Brawl but Captain Falcon was unlockable. I personally believe that if Captain Falcon isn't in the starting roster, Ness won't be either for tradition's sake meaning that, in accordance to my item theory, Lucas would have to be in the starting roster.
Wasn´t Goroh part of the technical tidbits segment, and not the Assist Trophy Gallery?

Shroob

Sup?
So, is it greedy to still expect the Ice Climbers on the 24th? NES Remix 1+2 launch in Japan on that day and that'll be the last pic we get for a whole week most likely due to Golden Week.

Not only that, but the whole Press Kit fiasco showed us the Polar Bear as an enemy in Smash Dash, so we know they're in.

I mean, it's not like we haven't gotten veteran reveals after Direct reveals before. Zelda and Diddy were both shown a little under a week after a Direct.

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
So, is it greedy to still expect the Ice Climbers on the 24th? NES Remix 1+2 launch in Japan on that day and that'll be the last pic we get for a whole week most likely due to Golden Week.

Not only that, but the whole Press Kit showed us the Polar Bear as an enemy in Smash Dash, so we know they're in.
I can't see a better time to show them. So yeah, Ice Climbers in a little under 2 weeks time.

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
You're as greedy as Wario. Relaaax, we just got 5 awesome characters. Let's take 'em in for a while.

Shroob

Sup?
You're as greedy as Wario. Relaaax, we just got 5 awesome characters. Let's take 'em in for a while.
I realize that, but the pattern still exists for Japanese release = reveal.

We got Zelda and Diddy after Rosalina and Mac respectively, so it could happen is what I'm saying.

FreeFallUp

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LuigiTroid20
3DS FC
3222-5636-5087
Only time will tell... Would anyone be surprised if Sakurai announced another vet reveal for the next pic?

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Only time will tell... Would anyone be surprised if Sakurai announced another vet reveal for the next pic?
I'd be surprised, there are still casual followers of the game who probably missed the direct and stuff...they'll leave the 5 newest character up on the sites front page for minimum at least a week or so before we get someone else.

Last edited:

FreeFallUp

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LuigiTroid20
3DS FC
3222-5636-5087
I don't think we'll get another character reveal this month.
I'm thinking the same, it's just...
Well, I do enjoy speculating. In any event the pic of the day cannot come soon enough (for me). I'm restless. :roll:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Wasn´t Goroh part of the technical tidbits segment, and not the Assist Trophy Gallery?
Goroh was used in that section as an example that Assist Trophies run at 30fps as opposed to characters at 60. So he's definitely an assist trophy.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
We've seen 17 character reveals since the website launched after E3 2013. That's pretty good. I'm guessing by E3 2014 in two months time, we'll have seen at least 32 characters in the game, with some yet to be revealed until the 3DS launch, and then some yet to see after being unlocked in game. It could get a little crazy this time around.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well, looks like activity has died down here a lot... Not even 50 people are here now.

Duster72

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheFateSystem
3DS FC
4124-4990-2937
So here's an idea: there's more than likely not going to be yet another veteran unveiled tonight. At least, I'd certainly doubt it. But what if… today is finally the day Sakurai shows off Ridley? As the boss character of Pyrosphere, I mean. But just to bring absolute clarity to the situation. It's pretty unlikely, but call it a hunch. If not that, I'm pretty sure it'll be a filler pic. Honestly, with all the information from the Direct and new screenshots, I'm really only looking forward to item/stage/character reveals for now. Everything else pretty much seems like filler at this point.

We've seen 17 character reveals since the website launched after E3 2013. That's pretty good. I'm guessing by E3 2014 in two months time, we'll have seen at least 32 characters in the game, with some yet to be revealed until the 3DS launch, and then some yet to see after being unlocked in game. It could get a little crazy this time around.
Call me crazy, but I think the final roster of the game will be revealed either shortly before or after the 3DS version's launch. Possibly the final batch being revealed at E3. I also REALLY want to emphasize that I don't think this game will have unlockable fighters. Sakurai said he really despised all the leaks that happened after Brawl was released, and these new games won't even have adventure mode cutscenes as a result. I don't know why everyone is still clinging so hard to the notion that it'll be the same as always when Toon Link, Lucario, Marth, and Luigi have already been revealed. It feels more than likely that everyone is available from the get-go this time.

juddy96

Smash Lord
Even with all of this new info just released... Sakurai is not one to skimp out on Friday pics. Meaning that he rarely shows filler on Fridays. Usually it's something decent, whether it be moveset change, gameplay mechanic, stage, AT, character, what have you. I'm slightly interested.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So here's an idea: there's more than likely not going to be yet another veteran unveiled tonight. At least, I'd certainly doubt it. But what if… today is finally the day Sakurai shows off Ridley? As the boss character of Pyrosphere, I mean. But just to bring absolute clarity to the situation. It's pretty unlikely, but call it a hunch. If not that, I'm pretty sure it'll be a filler pic. Honestly, with all the information from the Direct and new screenshots, I'm really only looking forward to item/stage/character reveals for now. Everything else pretty much seems like filler at this point.
Since Ridley's fate is an important question, chances of him doing it in a random POTD is low.

Duster72

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheFateSystem
3DS FC
4124-4990-2937
Since Ridley's fate is an important question, chances of him doing it in a random POTD is low.
Really? Why not? It's a Friday. I honestly don't see a better time to do it, provided we're assuming that Ridley is not, in fact, a playable character. If he is, then there's absolutely no chance of him being shown outside of a big reveal trailer, I concur with that.

But again, if we're assuming he is… what qualifies as a "random PotD"? Do you really think they'd reveal Ridley as a boss/stage hazard in a Nintendo Direct segment? I don't understand.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
Let's see what filler pic awaits us today.

I'd personally like to see some Greninja. He's pretty dope, not gonna lie.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Call me crazy, but I think the final roster of the game will be revealed either shortly before or after the 3DS version's launch. Possibly the final batch being revealed at E3. I also REALLY want to emphasize that I don't think this game will have unlockable fighters. Sakurai said he really despised all the leaks that happened after Brawl was released, and these new games won't even have adventure mode cutscenes as a result. I don't know why everyone is still clinging so hard to the notion that it'll be the same as always when Toon Link, Lucario, Marth, and Luigi have already been revealed. It feels more than likely that everyone is available from the get-go this time.
He said he was upset about subspace being leaked because the movies were supposed to be a prize for playing through subspace and having them up on youtube ruined that(because people who didn't play subspace or even have the game could get the same viewing experience as those who did just by looking it up online). Characters are a very different situation. Even if you know the whole roster list, you still can't PLAY as those characters until you unlock them. So the player is still getting a reward for playing the game.

Hot Uncle Sparky

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4356-0645-2703
He wouldn't take such a risk; unlocking the content was half the fun for many.

Anyway, I'm expecting some expansion on Greninja for today.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Really? Why not? It's a Friday. I honestly don't see a better time to do it, provided we're assuming that Ridley is not, in fact, a playable character. If he is, then there's absolutely no chance of him being shown outside of a big reveal trailer, I concur with that.

But again, if we're assuming he is… what qualifies as a "random PotD"? Do you really think they'd reveal Ridley as a boss/stage hazard in a Nintendo Direct segment? I don't understand.
Well, if he indeed is revealed as a newcomer, he will obviously be accompanied by a trailer, so...

Staarih

Smash Master
Revealing Ridley today (or in any PotD) would be... odd and quite a poor move considering how Sakurai is obviously teasing us and being really careful with Ridley, whether or not he is playable or a stage boss.

Also, I'm one of those who think the characters revealed thus far (and before release) are starters bar the obvious ones such as 3rd parties and some of the newcomers. But we'll see.

As for today's PotD, I predict Charizard.

Last edited:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
I agree somewhat...I think ALL newcomers will have an announcement video and thus be revealed before the game is out.

As for veterans we might not know all of them upon release (unless you follow leaks im talking officially) and even some of the "announced" newcomers might be unlockable...the roster might still have to be unlocked, thats just part of playing the game to earn stuff, but everyone will know who they are trying to unlock prior to the games release (save for possibly some veterans).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom