• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Despite having a crapload of stuff seen from the direct, he continues to post PotDs. What a guy.
Sometimes he can be a real troll, but at the end of the day, he does it because he cares about the game and the gamers. Gotta love a game producer like that.

I think the Pic of the Day will be boring for a week or two, but then it will start cranking up again pretty quickly. The game is going to be out in 5 months at the most They're going to start building the hype for release.

Last edited:

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Also, they still have plenty of returning characters to reveal. They may hold a couple newcomers back as secrets, but c'mon. Captain Falcon? Ice Climbers? Ness? These guys are fairly guaranteed, so I'm sure we'll see them before or around E3.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Am I the only one who feels like the new ZSS is like a weird fan-design?
I like it, but I totally see where you're coming from on that.
I feel it is somewhat too drastic, though in all honesty, the fact she isn't Other M Samus shows that Metroid characters don't have to be from Other M in design.

Obviously, after yesterday's info regarding a certain character, this is somewhat important.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Also, they still have plenty of returning characters to reveal. They may hold a couple newcomers back as secrets, but c'mon. Captain Falcon? Ice Climbers? Ness? These guys are fairly guaranteed, so I'm sure we'll see them before or around E3.
Also, after seeing the Direct - anyone they've made some changes to are likely to be revealed at E3 or in another Direct.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
A decent potd. I like how because ZSS and Samus (along with Zelda and Sheik) are their own individual characters they can have whatever palette they want without having to worry about the others palette. Also in regards to ZSS and Samus. One of Samus' biggest flaws in brawl (at least in my opinion) is how terribly weak she was, especially her charge shot. Now I get that ZSS has those jet boot things now but honestly Samus better be stronger than ZSS, at least in most regards.

Clipse

Smash Cadet
Hi people!
I think Sakurai knew that I was in holidays this week and he thought.... how can I laught at the guy from smashbros-miiverse... yeah, lest put more information than EVER just in the middle of his holidays, that will be fun!.... its not fun... :(

So, Im trying to catch up, and thanks for a lots of emails about new pics and moves. Lets see if i can do it today, but there is SO MUCH information, and I havent been reading the forum, so Im sure I will miss a lot :(

Anyway, this jump from Zero Suit Samus is this second jump isnt it?... Im so lost :_(

WEBDEVELOPER-MEGAEVOLUTION ON! :D:D:D:D

ps.Are there any thread where there a summary of all the new info? I dont wanna miss anathing for the site ;)

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Reveals Newcomer Greninja. Charizard now his own, with very changed moveset. Yoshi also very changed moveset.

Pic of the Day! Shows Zero Suit Samus in her new boobs- I mean, boots. :p

@ Clipse Clipse
You were on holidays? No wonder, I was so looking forward to have Everything in one Place, but I was confused at how Little you had made. XD No wonder.

From what I've seen, pretty much every character has new moves. I can help if you want, but I'm sure you have countless of others that helps anyways.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
ZSS using her jet boots, huh? Neat.

I wonder if we'll get any more new info this week or next week.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I actually kind of want filler pics now. With all the information we have, I feel this is a good time for Sakarui to just have fun and post whatever funny and/or happy moment he can come across.

We have enough information to last us until E3.

Still, I'm pretty sure before then we will get some new info. Small things we didn't see about the previously revealed stuff. New items. Returning characters.

As for this pic of the day. More Zero Suit design show off is ok with me. <3

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Don't know about anyone else but Zero Suit Samus's boots in this game remind me of the first Iron Man movie where he's making the suit and he starts off with the rocket boot and slams himself into the roof. And that scene in the third move where he's only able to get one boot and one gauntlet so has to fight with a machine gun.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
It's not a matter of bias. It's a matter of looking at the facts and history. Namco and Nintendo have worked together in the past. Pac-Man has been in Mario games. Mario has been in a Pac-Man game. Link has been in Soul Calibur. They've crossed characters before. This is the one of the biggest collection of gaming mascots known (PSASBR aside). Namco is working on the game. Their main mascot is Pac-Man. You really think they'd put this much effort into the game and even have their own franchises represented without having a character present?

Bias aside, I think at this point if you're denying Pac-Man's chances in the game, you're fooling yourself. :p
We shall see.
I'm not denying his existence, I'm denying he's 100% in the game.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Definite want filler pics right now. I'm still reeling a bit from all the reveals. I'd much rather they take it slow for now. Honestly I don't want a whole ton more revealed before launch in general.

The filler needs to be sillier though! Today's pic did not satisfy my hunger for silly! Don't fail me Sakurai!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Hi people!
I think Sakurai knew that I was in holidays this week and he thought.... how can I laught at the guy from smashbros-miiverse... yeah, lest put more information than EVER just in the middle of his holidays, that will be fun!.... its not fun... :(

So, Im trying to catch up, and thanks for a lots of emails about new pics and moves. Lets see if i can do it today, but there is SO MUCH information, and I havent been reading the forum, so Im sure I will miss a lot :(

Anyway, this jump from Zero Suit Samus is this second jump isnt it?... Im so lost :_(

WEBDEVELOPER-MEGAEVOLUTION ON! :D:D:D:D

ps.Are there any thread where there a summary of all the new info? I dont wanna miss anathing for the site ;)
Thanks for upkeeping the site. You definitely have a lot on your plate. The link below is to the thread where people are talking about the press release pics and identifying what all the new items are. I hope this helps.

http://smashboards.com/threads/pres...-not-in-direct-featured.352066/#post-16592452

Onto the PoD, since we got buried in pretty much 4-5 months worth of information in a single day, we'll probably be getting throwaway pics for at least the next week, especially when you consider how even before the Direct we got 13 new pics in a row. I'm personally expecting one throwaway for every character introduced in the Direct.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
To be honest they could show completely irrelevent pictures for a month and probably not bother me. I still trying to absorb the massive amount of information released over the course of the last few days and still having some issue taking it all in.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Zero Suit Samus looks more fanservice-y, that's for sure. Well, you could say that about all female characters. It IS Bandai Namco that's developing the games after all.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
They're probably getting revealed at E3.
We'll probably get the rest of the veterans after a few reveals before E3 and then get a crap ton of newcomers. I'm expecting a late summer release for smash anyway so E3 can bring more hype for the 3DS and Wii U Version

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Zero Suit Samus looks more fanservice-y, that's for sure. Well, you could say that about all female characters. It IS Bandai Namco that's developing the games after all.
Yeah, but at least Zero Suit Samus has a new pair if boobs- I mean, boots.. :p

Anyways, I won't mind some less interesting Pics for some time. But I do hope he'll explain more about the Tanuuki Tail soon<3

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Yeah, but at least Zero Suit Samus has a new pair if boobs- I mean, boots.. :p
Boobs, boots... and what about her booty? :troll:

Anyways, I won't mind some less interesting Pics for some time. But I do hope he'll explain more about the Tanuuki Tail soon<3
Well, there are a lot of stuff that was left unexplained. Especially the new items seen in those hundreds of pictures released after the Direct.

I think the Tanooki tail will change the neutral A attack to a tail spin and, in midair, it replaces the neutral aerial to that move from SMB3 that slows down the fall momentarily. Probably will last for some time before wearing off, but it could be useful for recovery if it ends up working like SMB3.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Boobs, boots... and what about her booty? :troll:

Well, there are a lot of stuff that was left unexplained. Especially the new items seen in those hundreds of pictures released after the Direct.

I think the Tanooki tail will change the neutral A attack to a tail spin and, in midair, it replaces the neutral aerial to that move from SMB3 that slows down the fall momentarily. Probably will last for some time before wearing off, but it could be useful for recovery if it ends up working like SMB3.
I like how the Mods in this Forum are. Mods on many other sites are so stiff and boring. You seem almost... human. :p

And yeah, that's kinda how I see it. But I Think it will change your Down Tilt to a Tail Sweep, change your neautral Air into a Tail Spin (like Charizard's neutral air), and either give you Kirby-like jumps, or just slowing your falling speed when you hold the Jump in. Or, something similar.

... oh god, Zeru Suit Samus with Bunny Ears and a Tail, this is gonna get so wrong.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I like how the Mods in this Forum are. Mods on many other sites are so stiff and boring. You seem almost... human. :p
I'm a human being, all right. :p

Many people do create that boring image of forum mods, which I think it's almost like a stereotype. We are only here to ensure the rules are followed and there's no **** going on here. Having fun isn't against the rules, after all! :laugh:

If being a mod required not having a sense of humor, I wouldn't have accepted the position. XD

And yeah, that's kinda how I see it. But I Think it will change your Down Tilt to a Tail Sweep, change your neautral Air into a Tail Spin (like Charizard's neutral air), and either give you Kirby-like jumps, or just slowing your falling speed when you hold the Jump in. Or, something similar.
Yeah, those are interesting possibilities. Guess that's one of the things to look forward in a daily picture.

What I've really gotten curious about is that S-Flag item which has appeared in several Bandai Namco games... What exactly is that thing going to do?

... oh god, Zeru Suit Samus with Bunny Ears and a Tail, this is gonna get so wrong.
I'm pretty sure you're gonna love it. :troll:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master

Many people do create that boring image of forum mods, which I think it's almost like a stereotype. We are only here to ensure the rules are followed and there's no **** going on here. Having fun isn't against the rules, after all! :laugh:

If being a mod required not having a sense of humor, I wouldn't have accepted the position. XD

Yeah, those are interesting possibilities. Guess that's one of the things to look forward in a daily picture.

What I've really gotten curious about is that S-Flag item which has appeared in several Bandai Namco games... What exactly is that thing going to do?

That is true. I am happy you guys don't seem evil and powerhungry, and such. Except for that one Mod, of course. You know which one I mean. ;)
Hehe.

I am interested in those Flags. Especially since I had never seen or Heard of them Before this. But Charizard holds it as if it's a Assist Trophy, so maybe you will summon something when collected? Not sure.

'I'm pretty sure you're gonna love it. :troll:'

But, I am a Yaoi fan. D: So I will only love it a little~

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
We shall see.
I'm not denying his existence, I'm denying he's 100% in the game.
I can see that. I'm still not 100% convinced he's in either. There's always room for doubt, and even with all the signs pointing to him, unless it's confirmed, nothing is certain.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Zero Suit Samus looks more fanservice-y, that's for sure.
It's mostly because they're using the design from Other: M.
Mind you that game was developed by Team Ninja.

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to see whats next...

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
It's already on ZSS's page. :awesome:
Yeah, I saw that, but I added the tail. :p The tail makes all the difference, you know!

But seriously, her boobs DID get bigger. Dammit, Namco-Bandai!

If Luigi's nose doesn't have boob-jiggle physics, this game will suck.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I can't stand everyone complaining about the new ZSS design. Like, she's a woman. Woman have boobs. Nintendo doesn't shove it in people's faces. Go back and look at her reveal- the "Zeroes In" covers her boobs. Honestly people.
and besides, a little fan service never heard anyone...
accept the people that can't control themselves :troll:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I can't stand everyone complaining about the new ZSS design. Like, she's a woman. Woman have boobs. Nintendo doesn't shove it in people's faces. Go back and look at her reveal- the "Zeroes In" covers her boobs. Honestly people.
Well, there was that one time where she was in a bikini in the first Metroid game...

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I can't wait to get FD in one of these Daily Pics, preferably with some fighting going on. Maybe tomorrow?

Lozjam

Smash Champion

I have always really liked you, now I like you even more :)
My prediction, I think we will see Yoshi or Greninja.
It's already on ZSS's page. :awesome:
"Pic of the Day
Samus: "Do I have to do this to get Captain Falcon to like me? I hate these ears, I look like a total and complete moron!"
Dedede: "Yup, yup, these bunny ears will definitely get him to like you"
Luigi: "Big bre- um, a big breakfast will also help"
*Luigi and Dedede turn away in embarrassment and laughter"

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Yeah, we could get filler and maybe some more final smashes or an alt. costume for someone until about April 24 when NES Remix 2 comes out in Japan, as that would be a pretty good time to show off Ice Climbers. Then Meta Knight on May 16 for Kirby Triple Deluxe's North American release. Then Wario on May 29th or 30th or even 31st for all the releases of Mario Kart 8. Then we'll have just about all "starter" veterans revealed and we'll be ready for E3 where I predict Miis and Pac-Man will show up! And some more details on customizable movesets, 3DS - Wii U connections, aaand other little surprises.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
I could personally care less about her appearance, but I feel there is a bias when it comes to comments made on her appearance. I feel some members need to really tone it down. I come here to talk about smash, not see people constantly crack crude jokes about sexual aspects of the game. It's childish and sometimes offensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom