• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
I'm sure we're still getting them. Real question is will we keep getting them when 3DS drops?
I think there is only one way we will get PotD after 3DS release: if there is some sort of special mode on the Wii-U (100% there is) thats equivalent to 3DS Smash Run. Then all we get is info on that mode, and lets not forget the cross connection between the 3DS and Wii-U. It takes two to tango.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I think there is only one way we will get PotD after 3DS release: if there is some sort of special mode on the Wii-U (100% there is) thats equivalent to 3DS Smash Run. Then all we get is info on that mode, and lets not forget the cross connection between the 3DS and Wii-U. It takes two to tango.
I could see us getting Wii U stage updates as well.

But yeah, other than that I guess it'd all be filler.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I feel a bit sad too. I think after the direct, the whole hype has changed. I'm so pumped for the game, but I can't see the PotDs being the same. Maybe it'll just take a few weeks.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
The question is, how many of the pics are going to be the items from the press kits?
That's not necessarily a bad thing, like I really want to know how the tanooki suit works and a captain could clear that up

Shroob

Sup?
Considering that we're stilling on 29 characters, I feel like a reveal before E3 is likely, though I dunno when. Perhaps for the NES Remix 2 for Ice Climbers? Now that the Polar Bear is shown as an enemy in Smash Dash, it's no longer a question of if they're in, but when they're going to be shown. Though the same could be said of Wario, Meta-Knight and Captain Falcon too.

Last edited:

ZealRed

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZealRed
3DS FC
5026-4454-7119
With the two Namco representatives(Galaga and Rally X), I really don't want Pac Man, I would prefer Lloyd if there will be a Namco newcomer. My opinion, but Pac Man, is just so odd, a moveset would be somewhat easy to make, but.. Lloyd looks easier to put into the game(because he has been in SoulCalibur already, so it just makes more sense). I just like only Mega Man and Sonic as third parties, but having Namco as part of the production team, it is just ''meant'' to happen for a Namco character to make an appearance.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I think we are extremely likely to see Wario, Meta Knight, Captain Falcon, Ness, and Ice Climbers sometime before release. Falco is a pretty strong possibility too but could maybe be secret, and while Ganondorf and Mr. Game & Watch are shoe-ins to return, I feel both are likely secret. Pokemon are very hard to predict and we probably will have at least one if not both of Mewtwo and Jigglypuff in the game, but any more Pokemon have a strong possibility of being secret (Jigglypuff being the first and easiest character to unlock like in 64 and Melee would be a very "Sakurai" thing to do). Ike, Lucas, and Wolf are all among the most likely cuts at this point though any that do return are likely to be shown soon, and R.O.B. is both among plausible cuts and very likely to remain secret if he does return so it's quite likely we won't be seeing him anytime soon. I consider Snake already confirmed to be cut based on Kojima's comments, but some disagree on that. I think that covers everyone of note, and that will keep up a steady stream of veterans until release with probably any remaining starting newcomers shown at or around E3.

Shroob

Sup?
Why are people saying this?
Misc Bamco items =/= Whatever Bamco character you want is now a lock

Guys, there are Pokeballs, and a Pokemon stage on each version. Mewtwo is a lock!
Why would Namco rep its lesser known series from its retro days, but not its retro mascot?

spader13

Smash Journeyman
Why are people saying this?
Misc Bamco items =/= Whatever Bamco character you want is now a lock

Guys, there are Pokeballs, and a Pokemon stage on each version. Mewtwo is a lock!
I think people are saying it's a lock because you have arcade-based Namco ATs, and Pacman is an arcade character. And I'd agree that if Namco has anyone in the game, Pacman is almost guaranteed to be it at this point.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
Why would Namco rep its lesser known series from its retro days, but not its retro mascot?
I wouldn't be surprised if he's an AT. Might be fun.

I still can't find the interview, but I remember Sakurai literally laughing at the mention of playable-Pac and saying something to the effect of "What would he do?"
I think people are saying it's a lock because you have arcade-based Namco ATs, and Pacman is an arcade character.
8-Bit Pac confirmed
And I'd agree that if Namco has anyone in the game, Pacman is almost guaranteed to be it at this point.
That's incredibly poor reasoning UMvC3 doesn't have him, and I doubt any previous installments did.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I wouldn't be surprised if he's an AT. Might be fun.

I still can't find the interview, but I remember Sakurai literally laughing at the mention of playable-Pac and saying something to the effect of "What would he do?"
Pretty sure the Galaga aliens are an AT, but we'll see.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Since we're on the topic of Namco, I'm hoping Sakurai shows the S Flags via PotD soon. It's weird that it wasn't addressed in the Direct but released in that Press Kit.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Since we're on the topic of Namco, I'm hoping Sakurai shows the S Flags via PotD soon. It's weird that it wasn't addressed in the Direct but released in that Press Kit.
Oh yea I remmebr now the s flag is called the special flag its in several namco games that's why pac man is a lock

Read the wiki about it

http://namco.wikia.com/wiki/Special_Flag

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Greninja right? thats a safe bet for the pic today. (I'll be back when I'm wrong)

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Eh, not enough real evidence to be a lock. Sure, Namco is getting represented by items, by that dont mean squat yet.
For all we know, it could be Sakurai just telling them to leave in little Namco tidbits because they're working on the game.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I know it's not a lock but that's what people in the pac man thread are saying because of the flag and galaga invaders
No hint of hopeful bias at all.

Anyhow, in regards to the next PoTD, I don't expect anything interesting.
I do hope he expands on how the blue shell works though... or what the hell the treasure chest in one of the press pics does.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Eh, not enough real evidence to be a lock. Sure, Namco is getting represented by items, by that dont mean squat yet.
This is real evidence.

If we had items from Sega games without Sonic as a playable character, would you not find it incredibly odd?

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
The future of the Pic of the Day looks scary, who knows what could happen...

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I feel that tonight well either A) answer a question posed in the Direct.
B) post about something he already explained in the Direct/ we figured out.
or C) post information about one of the press release photos - hopefully not using it as the actual PotD.
I'd love an explanation about some of the press release photos, however I hope that's not all he's going to focus on over the next month or so.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Lol it's far more dead here than usual. I suppose because most people expect rehashed direct pics/info for the next while. I'm kind of on the same boat myself.

Shroob

Sup?
Is it greedy to say I'm ready for May?

Also, a heads up, and I really think this should be put in the OP, but the last week of April is Golden Week in Japan, so don't expect any pics that week.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Is it greedy to say I'm ready for May?

Also, a heads up, and I really think this should be put in the OP, but the last week of April is Golden Week in Japan, so don't expect any pics that week.
Screw May, I'm ready for June! E3 baby!

However, don't count April out yet. It could still surprise us.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
No hint of hopeful bias at all.
It's not a matter of bias. It's a matter of looking at the facts and history. Namco and Nintendo have worked together in the past. Pac-Man has been in Mario games. Mario has been in a Pac-Man game. Link has been in Soul Calibur. They've crossed characters before. This is the one of the biggest collection of gaming mascots known (PSASBR aside). Namco is working on the game. Their main mascot is Pac-Man. You really think they'd put this much effort into the game and even have their own franchises represented without having a character present?

Bias aside, I think at this point if you're denying Pac-Man's chances in the game, you're fooling yourself. :p

Last edited:

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
It's not a matter of bias. It's a matter of looking at the facts and history. Namco and Nintendo have worked together in the past. Pac-Man has been in Mario games. Mario has been in a Pac-Man game. Link has been in Soul Calibur. They've crossed characters before. This is the one of the biggest collection of gaming mascots known (PSASBR aside). Namco is working on the game. Their main mascot is Pac-Man. You really think they'd put this much effort into the game and even have their own franchises represented without having a character present?

Bias aside, I think at this point if you're denying Pac-Man's chances in the game, you're fooling yourself. :p
I'm really, really not all for Pac-Man's inclusion, but at the same time, I can't deny the evidence...

Shroob

Sup?
Screw May, I'm ready for June! E3 baby!

However, don't count April out yet. It could still surprise us.
I'm not expecting anything huge come April... Maybe Ice Climbers...

Which I must ask, why do people say Ice Climbers for the Nes remix? NES Remix 2 doesn't have Ice Climbers on it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom