• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
I can't help but imagine the week ending with Greninja standing in the new Elite 4 stage and we get some comment like "Were you surprised to see Greninja emerge from the shadows?"

Duster72

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheFateSystem
3DS FC
4124-4990-2937
He said he was upset about subspace being leaked because the movies were supposed to be a prize for playing through subspace and having them up on youtube ruined that(because people who didn't play subspace or even have the game could get the same viewing experience as those who did just by looking it up online). Characters are a very different situation. Even if you know the whole roster list, you still can't PLAY as those characters until you unlock them. So the player is still getting a reward for playing the game.
I completely understand what Sakurai said, but I disagree with the notion that characters are any different. The character unlocks are seen as a sort of reward system, yes, but maybe trophies will take that place in the new game? Or something we don't know about yet? I don't know. I just find it strange that he's revealed so many previously-unlockable characters, yet says nothing to suggest they're unlockable at all. It seems like a bad move from a Smash fan's standpoint, yet it fundamentally changes very little, and the improved online gives fans a lot of incentive to play in the first place.

Well, if he indeed is revealed as a newcomer, he will obviously be accompanied by a trailer, so...
Apologies; I worded that poorly. If Ridley is a newcomer, there's no way he'll be revealed during a simple pic of the day. He'd have his own trailer, likely presented via Nintendo Direct or something of the sort. If Ridley is just a boss character on the Pyrosphere stage and nothing more, then when will he be revealed as such? That's my question.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I want a Greninja move explanation or Charizard being solo info/ moveset update.

But I'll be happy to see anything, new stage info or some item explanation.

That being said, if Sakurai cbfed doing anything major, that's fine. Poor guy, that Direct plus work would've taken it out of him for sure.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
My prediction of the pic of the day:

- Charizard, Greninja, Lucario and Pikachu are fighting in Prism Tower -

Caption of Sakurai:

"It seems the Pokemon are having a big party but someone is missing"

.n_n.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
"Pic of the day. Your character starts a Smash Run as a relatively ordinary fighter. But before the game, you can outfit yourself with certain items that can help power you up early, which will give you a big advantage later on!! These items are much like the Powers you'd find in Kid Icarus: Uprising."

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADRUqF3dhbq4Q

Smash Run info.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I really hope with regards to Smash Run that Sakurai doesn't put in a checkboard like he did in Air Ride. Some of those conditions were just unreasonable. And good lord we got THREE in Uprising.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
I'm predicting.... an item discussed tonight in the PotD.

Edit: Nevermind! Appears I'm late and we're getting Smash Run info? Cool legumes!

Last edited:

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
I completely understand what Sakurai said, but I disagree with the notion that characters are any different. The character unlocks are seen as a sort of reward system, yes, but maybe trophies will take that place in the new game? Or something we don't know about yet? I don't know. I just find it strange that he's revealed so many previously-unlockable characters, yet says nothing to suggest they're unlockable at all. It seems like a bad move from a Smash fan's standpoint, yet it fundamentally changes very little, and the improved online gives fans a lot of incentive to play in the first place.
I definitely don't expect any of the characters we've already seen to be unlockable(except maybe the third parties if he pulls a brawl again, though I never understood why they were locked there), but I wouldn't put any stock in the fact that some of them were previously unlockable. Characters shuffle randomly between being unlockable and not unlockable randomly between games. Ness for instance went from being unlockable to being a starting character and then back to being unlockable. Also we don't have all that many characters revealed yet who have never been starting characters before, just Toon Link, Lucario, Marth, and Luigi(and Sonic if he isn't unlockable this time). Also he mentioned when Luigi was revealed that Luigi is usually unlockable, but he was making an exception this time because of the year of Luigi.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I keep being told Miiverse is not available :nervous:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
"Pic of the day. Your character starts a Smash Run as a relatively ordinary fighter. But before the game, you can outfit yourself with certain items that can help power you up early, which will give you a big advantage later on!! These items are much like the Powers you'd find in Kid Icarus: Uprising."

Flame Chomps from Mario are also confirmed, not too shabby I guess.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Sakurai said this in the comments:
For those who are wondering what Smash Run is, check out the Super Smash Bros. Direct. You can find the link on the post two days before this one.

Duster72

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheFateSystem
3DS FC
4124-4990-2937
"Pic of the day. Your character starts a Smash Run as a relatively ordinary fighter. But before the game, you can outfit yourself with certain items that can help power you up early, which will give you a big advantage later on!! These items are much like the Powers you'd find in Kid Icarus: Uprising. For those who are wondering what Smash Run is, check out the Super Smash Bros. Direct. You can find the link on the post two days before this one."

Generic info. Bleh. Time to sleep.

EDIT: Ninja'd x2 combo but I'm too sad to care. Adiós.

Last edited:

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
I really hope with regards to Smash Run that Sakurai doesn't put in a checkboard like he did in Air Ride. Some of those conditions were just unreasonable. And good lord we got THREE in Uprising.
We had one in brawl too, though it was presented a little differently visually.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
That boy Sakurai basically repeated himself from the Direct. Super filler pics for the next few weeks confirmed.

Ok, NOW good night, lol.

Looks like these pictures are going to be even worse for people who've played Kirby Air Ride. :p The mode sounds identical to City Trial. Which is actually a great thing.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I love the caption, got Smash Run info, a mention of those abilities similiar to Kid Icarus Uprising's Powers, and Pit's in the pic. I approve. <3

Honestly, I think those will be one of the things that will involve the touch screen. Again, I approve.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Looks like these pictures are going to be even worse for people who've played Kirby Air Ride. :p The mode sounds identical to City Trial. Which is actually a great thing.
Sakurai said he based it off city trial.

Grinch21X

Smash Apprentice
GOD Smash Run is so cool. Its like Metroidvania and Kirby Air Ride mashed into Smash Bros. sdikijjovimkednv BELIEVE THE HYPE

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
I'm having a hard time caring about anything 3DS related, although I wish I felt otherwise. It simply isn't feasible for me to buy both a 3DS and Wii U by the time these games come out, so if I have to choose... It sucks because there always exists the potential that I'll get a PoD that's completely irrelevant to me. I'm sure that a lot of us are in the same boat. I blame the government.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I'm having a hard time caring about anything 3DS related, although I wish I felt otherwise. It simply isn't feasible for me to buy both a 3DS and Wii U by the time these games come out, so if I have to choose... It sucks because there always exists the potential that I'll get a PoD that's completely irrelevant to me. I'm sure that a lot of us are in the same boat. I blame the government.
The 3DS version comes out much earlier (Summer) than the Wii U version (Winter) supposedly. Short of absolute refusal to play a specific version, there shouldn't be much reason to not at least try or consider both.

Knowing Nintendo, there'll probably be a combined Smash Bundle somewhere down the line.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Brawl had a checkboard too, and it was huge.

So we'll probably have like 5 in these games because apparently Sakurai likes them a lot.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Brawl had a checkboard too, and it was huge.

So we'll probably have like 5 in these games because apparently Sakurai likes them a lot.
God I hope so. getting the boss battles on intense check made 15 year old me very happy.

but yeah seeing Smash Run etc. just makes me glad he pulls from his past games. City Trial was one of the most fun things ever, checkerboards are awesome and Sakurai is basically the best.

spader13

Smash Journeyman
Well, this pic confirms Sakurai is going to slowly roll out the Direct info on the website. Hopefully when he gets to things like character customization, he'll be a little less cryptic this time (though I could see him waiting until E3 to finally unveil how this works). Seeing Greninja's moveset and Charizard's revised moves will make for good upcoming pics though.

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
This is good info. I really LOVE the idea of Smash Run. City Trial's power-up system applied to Smash, and it gives the normally neglected characters like Goomba's and Kritters some screen time. The more representative the game is of the Nintendo universe, the better. Also, I love the check boards, trying to complete that crazy one in Brawl was awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom