• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duster72

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheFateSystem
3DS FC
4124-4990-2937
There are a few that do appear, such as the Stalfos.
There we go! I KNEW there had to be one shown off in the Direct. I was racking my brain for one, and couldn't think of which enemy it was. Stalfos makes a lot of sense. I'm fine with most Zelda enemies, as long as they aren't ReDeads, or espeically Like Likes. Melee flashbacks. :c

It already exists in the 3DS forum.

http://smashboards.com/threads/351986/
Ah, thank you for that, actually. I think that's a new thread I'll frequent.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
There we go! I KNEW there had to be one shown off in the Direct. I was racking my brain for one, and couldn't think of which enemy it was. Stalfos makes a lot of sense. I'm fine with most Zelda enemies, as long as they aren't ReDeads, or espeically Like Likes. Melee flashbacks. :c
That's funny, I brought it up for the sole purpose of requesting ReDeads. XD

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
That's funny, I brought it up for the sole purpose of requesting ReDeads. XD
I was thinking the same think. Tell me, which do you prefer, the Dia de los Muertos ReDeads from WW, or the masked zombies from Oot?

I'd love to see a ReDead as an assist trophy now that I think about it..... That's gonna be Monday's Pic. :laugh:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I was thinking the same think. Tell me, which do you prefer, the Dia de los Muertos ReDeads from WW, or the masked zombies from Oot?

I'd love to see a ReDead as an assist trophy now that I think about it..... That's gonna be Monday's Pic. :laugh:
The Ocarina of Time models, just so they fit in better.

I hope they appear in droves like in Melee.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Nintendo has harldy any big releases besides Mario Kart and Golf coming up until E3 so predicting veterans is going to be tricky. I wonder what's keeping Wario and Meta Knight.
I kind of get the feeling that the closer we are to the release of the game, the more changes the veterans that are revealed will have. Look at who all was revealed in the Direct. Charizard's now alone, ZSS is separate from Samus and has a reworked moveset, Sheik is separate from Zelda and has several new moves, and Yoshi had his appearance redesigned. Before that we had Diddy who is now super stretchy, Lucario's whose aura mechanic has been completely reworked, and King Dedede who's now a lot more expressive. I think Wario's also going to be another character whose going to be very expressive this time around and Metaknight probably has had his moveset reworked to be more fair. For the Ice Climbers, I'm sure there are going to be big changes because of the limitations of the 3DS (note the changes made to Olimar and the transformation characters) but it's hard to determine what they are. I also suspect that this may be the reason Ike hasn't been revealed yet and I can easily see him getting his appearance from Radiant Dawn.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
For the Ice Climbers, I'm sure there are going to be big changes because of the limitations of the 3DS (note the changes made to Olimar and the transformation characters) but it's hard to determine what they are.
About that, for some reason I'm having this feeling that they are probably going solo now (With Nana becoming an alt for Popo like the Wii Fit Trainers) I guess we will have to wait and see...

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
About that, for some reason I'm having this feeling that they are probably going solo now (With Nana becoming an alt for Popo like the Wii Fit Trainers) I guess we will have to wait and see...
Alternatively, Nana could operate at 30fps. That would be less of a strain on the hardware, I imagine.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
They'd have to receive a major makeover with their moveset then, since Belay would be useless if they're not together.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
They'd have to receive a major makeover with their moveset then, since Belay would be useless if they're not together.
Well seeing as they can apparently summon a mountain of ice as their final smash among other ice related attacks. perhaps some sort of skyward mini avalanche?

Last edited:

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I like that we are getting Facebook posts now, like extra pics of the day.

I also think we'll be getting more changes in veterans as well. So far I have liked every character change (except Pit not being able to glide but he still has other buffs) and hope for some more in characters like Falco and Wolf, if they were to return.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Facebook posts? I don't use that site, but that does seem quite interesting.
Yes, they merged some Smash pages I think and created one official Facebook page on April 4th, so they are posting some pics and stuff on the page. No new info but still nice to look at.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Ugh, that would be terrible.. :(

Alternatively, Nana could operate at 30fps. That would be less of a strain on the hardware, I imagine.
That can work.... They'd just need a new recovery.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Perhaps, but considering how hated their grab game is, that could be for the better, though it would destroy their uniqueness as a result.
That's the point though. The Ice Climbers were introduced on grounds of a unique character. I've seen some people do a great job with the ICs, but with balancing, the grab game shouldn't be as OP.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think the Ice climbers woudl be made so they can't be separated or something like that. That way there isn't too many AIs running at once

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Well yeah, Zelda's ability to transform into Sheik was very unique too and look what happened now.

I'm not saying that solo climbers is definitely going to happen or that I support it. But at this point, I wouldn't be all too surprised if Sakurai did do such a thing.

Last edited:

Vez

Smash Apprentice
If Rosalina and Luma works then I don't see why the Ice Climbers won't be okay. I don't expect them to get a drastic change or anything.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
If Rosalina and Luma works then I don't see why the Ice Climbers won't be okay. I don't expect them to get a drastic change or anything.
I can see that. Maybe the Luma runs at a slower FPS than Rosalina?

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
ICies being seperated? Nah, I just don't see that happening especially when they're concept has always revolved around them fighting together. Without Nana, Popo has a very hard time with not only recovering but killing as well. It isn't the same as Rosaluma, you can't just summon Nana every time she's killed, they have to stay together in order to even be effective.
Well yeah, Zelda's ability to transform into Sheik was very unique too and look what happened now.
The difference with the transformation is that it was never useful aside from those rare instences where you have to recover with Zelda to make it back to the stage safely. On top of that, it hurt Zelda more than it did Sheik because Sheik was always the better one of the two, same with Samus and ZSS in Brawl. Sometimes being unique doesn't really make it good, the transformation, Samus/ZSS and PT's Pokemon Change are proof of that.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
The difference with the transformation is that it was never useful aside from those rare instences where you have to recover with Zelda to make it back to the stage safely. On top of that, it hurt Zelda more than it did Sheik because Sheik was always the better one of the two, same with Samus and ZSS in Brawl. Sometimes being unique doesn't really make it good, the transformation, Samus/ZSS and PT's Pokemon Change are proof of that.
I guess we will see, they where just an example really. There have been quite a lot of veterans who have been revamped, most even seem to have lost their random factor such as the Pikmin pluck being now in a set order and Dedede only throwing Gordo's now. From the looks of thing, they seem to want to make sure that online runs as smoothly as possible. It makes me wonder what other characters that haven't been revealed have going on now. Ice Climbers being one of them, perhaps Wario too.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I guess we will see, they where just an example really. There have been quite a lot of veterans who have been revamped, most even seem to have lost their random factor such as the Pikmin pluck being now in a set order and Dedede only throwing Gordo's now. It makes me wonder what other characters that haven't been revealed have going on now. Ice Climbers being one of them, perhaps Wario too.
With ICies first and foremost, they need to find a solution to their chaingrabbing problem (grab breaks plz), giving Popo more tools do deal with other characters when he's solo, and they a better recovery than the Belay rope. With Wario, having replacing some of his current moves like D-Smash (Ground Punch) and Dash Attack (an actual Dash Attack) would be a good start.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
I still don't get that. The big change was that Yoshi is a little more upright than last time? Still it's Sakurai so I have nothing to gain questioning it.
It's probably a matter of having to redo almost all of his animations. It seems like most of the other characters they've pulled their models and animations from Brawl and tweaked them here and there, but with Yoshi standing completely differently, they probably had to basically redo everything for him, so it's taken significantly longer to do.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
It's probably a matter of having to redo almost all of his animations. It seems like most of the other characters they've pulled their models and animations from Brawl and tweaked them here and there, but with Yoshi standing completely differently, they probably had to basically redo everything for him, so it's taken significantly longer to do.
Maybe that's why Bowser's mouth wasn't animated in the inital E3 footage as well.

Shroob

Sup?
Yes, they merged some Smash pages I think and created one official Facebook page on April 4th, so they are posting some pics and stuff on the page. No new info but still nice to look at.

They're using the press kit photos for Facebook? That's a relief. I was afraid that we'd be bogged down with pics that we'd already seen for PotD's.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Maybe the IC's will be tethered to each other's waist - a popular technique in rock climbing. I love the IC's, I use them to death and would hate to see them separated. Their moveset would have to be reworked to go solo.

link2702

Smash Champion
There is a simple solution to the issues around their grab game.....just make nana no longer be able to grab, and make it so when both are together they have completely unique, far stronger team based throws, when they're separated by large distances, it goes back to the normal throws that they used to have.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'm not saying that solo climbers is definitely going to happen or that I support it. But at this point, I wouldn't be all too surprised if Sakurai did do such a thing.
If Rosalina and Luma can run on the 3DS.
I doubt think Ice Climbers will have an issue.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Pikmin & Olimar and Rosalina & Luma seem to run ok.
I don't see why people think Ice Climbers can't run ok. They did have a problem on the 3DS, but it seems to have been fixed.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I rather ice climbers be cut then to separate them, it seem to ruin the entire point of having the character.

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
ICs should be left alone, they're one of the most unique characters in the franchise. Having Nana run at 30 FPS is a brilliant idea as well, I bet Olimar's Pikmin are gonna run at 30 FPS too.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'd really hate for them to go solo, like I would be legitimately upset if they went solo. I'm about to get really sappy but bare with me. In my head canon, Nana and Popo are a couple because I feel there is a lot of powerful symbolism in their relationship. You have two people who are quite literally taking on the world together. Mountain climbing is hard enough as it is but add ice and snow and it becomes significantly more dangerous. A lot can go wrong and many people die doing it. When you're ice climbing, you need to have complete and absolute trust in the people you're traveling with especially when you'll almost always be tethered to them when you're moving. If something goes wrong, it's going to affect the person you're tethered to and if they take a fall, you probably will too, just like in a relationship. They have a bond with each other that probably none of the other characters have with each other and I've come to deeply appreciate it over the years. They may be cutesy with their big eyes and mouths and strange lack of real noses but I feel they are what every couple should strive to be: a team, partners, two people who share their greatest triumphs and most crushing defeats together. When they finish climbing one mountain, they move onto the next and the drive they share keeps going as long as they're both alive. When Popo or Nana is solo, they're greatly crippled and they can't do much but when they're together, they can take on the world.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Um, if Ice Climbers were separated they wouldn't really be all that unique and wouldn't add much at all to the game. They figured out how to get Rosalina and Luma to work and didn't mention any problems with her during the "technical tidbit" so I doubt anything is wrong with Ice Climbers at this point. Whatever problems they were having I guess they cleverly figured out. But I guess we'll see on the 24th. I think we need to hear about at least 30 starter characters before E3.
Here's my feeling with future reveals. Smash64 had 12 characters when you finished the game, so in Melee you start with 14. Melee finishes with 25 (26 including Sheik) characters and in turn Brawl starts with 21 (25 including Sheik, Zamus, and Squirtle and Ivysaur) (Im counting Charizard as the main character of that bunch cause he appears in Smash4)
So! Therefore! Because Brawl finished off with 35 (39 including the rest) Smash4 might start with 34 or 33 including a random slot, because of the nice melee like roster shape it makes with a 3x9 box with an additional 7 slots below. We have 29 characters announced now but Sonic and Megaman could be unlockable, as well as other possible unlockables like Toon Link or Lucario which I believe are just starters now (many people tend to disagree for some reason)
So! Either we hear about Cpt. Falcon, Ness, Wario, Meta Knight, and Ice Climbers before the vague "summer date" or we hear about Wario, Meta Knight, Ice Climbers...before the date. This is all assuming Lucas is cut and we'll see Mii and Pac-Man at E3. No point in having 3rd party characters be secret anyway, theres such a huge deal of em being in its no secret.
Sorry if that went a little off the rails there but uhh
Ice Climbers on the 24th I predict. With only little move changes.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Solo Ice Climbers wouldn't even be representing their franchise in any significant way. It'd be like just having Olimar.

They're either in as always or out, but I see no reason to think they are out. On a sort of side note, I don't think Nana running at 30fps is really a viable solution. AT's and Pokeball Pokemon work because there is no player input to notice or annoy. Nana running at 30fps WOULD create noticeable problems.

SpindaMaster

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3136-6569-2540
I'd really hate for them to go solo, like I would be legitimately upset if they went solo. I'm about to get really sappy but bare with me. In my head canon, Nana and Popo are a couple because I feel there is a lot of powerful symbolism in their relationship. You have two people who are quite literally taking on the world together. Mountain climbing is hard enough as it is but add ice and snow and it becomes significantly more dangerous. A lot can go wrong and many people die doing it. When you're ice climbing, you need to have complete and absolute trust in the people you're traveling with especially when you'll almost always be tethered to them when you're moving. If something goes wrong, it's going to affect the person you're tethered to and if they take a fall, you probably will too, just like in a relationship. They have a bond with each other that probably none of the other characters have with each other and I've come to deeply appreciate it over the years. They may be cutesy with their big eyes and mouths and strange lack of real noses but I feel they are what every couple should strive to be: a team, partners, two people who share their greatest triumphs and most crushing defeats together. When they finish climbing one mountain, they move onto the next and the drive they share keeps going as long as they're both alive. When Popo or Nana is solo, they're greatly crippled and they can't do much but when they're together, they can take on the world.
That was beautiful :sadeyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom