• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No hype for a while. Sakurai has a ton of Direct stuff to talk about. I think we'll get a veteran this month, but not anytime soon.

Last edited:

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
This place is quiet as hell. Bring the hype back people!
Everyone is so certain we won't be getting any more good info since the Direct, but while I don't think we'll get another character reveal this month, I still think the PotDs can provide some good and maybe even new stuff.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
This place is quiet as hell. Bring the hype back people!
The Direct sucked the Hype. It spoiled us.

Speaking of it. Do you guys think we'll get any veterans before E3? I can literally see a dry month of April/May with maybe one veteran confirmed until E3.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314

Speaking of it. Do you guys think we'll get any veterans before E3? I can literally see a dry month of April/May with maybe one veteran confirmed until E3.
I think we'll get one more veteran before E3, and I'm guessing maybe Ness, Wario, or Captain Falcon next month.

D

Deleted member

I can see Wario happening.
...Yeah that's about it.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I'm certainly not counting out the PotD's for new and exciting info. He said what he needed to say in the Direct, I don't think he'll repeat himself, but he will clarify things.

I can see two vets before E3. Wario, Metaknight and IC's are due, especially if there's a playable demo.

Staarih

Smash Master
Once we do get a "worthwhile" pic again, all the people will come running back to this thread again.

Last edited:

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces

Yeah, I think we will. I'm pretty sure we will get Meta Knight in time with Kirby's new game... I know that's technically two characters from the same game but the releases have been far enough apart that it seems justified. Also, I doubt that Ice Climbers will be kept secret for long now that we know the Polar Bear is in Smash Run. Falcon and Ness I can see still being unlockable and not revealed until late, though.

Last edited:

I really think they're holding back Wario because they're reworking him (like Yoshi), so I don't think we'll see him until E3. What other obvious, non-secret veterans do we have left?

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
I'm basically only here for the slim chance Sakurai will post something to give Ridley's chances a boost. Waiting till E3 (and perhaps even until release) is torture.

D

Deleted member

I would like to learn more about Greninja personally. He's the only newcomer who we know barely anything about.
I'm basically only here for the slim chance Sakurai will post something to give Ridley's chances a boost. Waiting till E3 (and perhaps even until release) is torture.
Yer in for a looooong ride, friend.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Once we do get a "worthwhile" pic again, all the people will come running back to this thread again.
My update brings all the boys to the yard
And they're like,
"It's better than yore"
Damn right, it's better than yore
I can comment,
But the Hype's too large

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Isn't E3 in June? We'll get more than one, but it probably won't be this week. E3 isn't even the event to watch so much as release is; we still have at least 5 more veterans to show pre-release I feel like (ICs, Wario, Captain Falcon, Ness, and Meta Knight... maybe Falco too), and it seems likely that this smash direct was intended so Nintendo's other games could do more big news reveals at E3 while smash is more going into "ready to launch" mode at least for the 3DS. I just don't see how Ninendo will get any "hype" dividend by showing someone like Wario at E3, maybe a newcomer but I'd expect all the veterans elsewhere.

PKNinja95

Smash Ace
NNID
AKninja95
3DS FC
3351-4567-0361
I would like to learn more about Greninja personally. He's the only newcomer who we know barely anything about.

Yer' in for a looooong ride, friend.
Good point. Maybe he can confirm the names of his moves while he is at it and whether Charizard's Mega Evolution is his Final Smash(I think it is).

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Me too, we saw a lot of moves but I'd love to see how they function. I also want Sakurai to confirm he has the highest first jump in the game... TAKE THAT FALCO! Personally, Greninja prefers the air.

Also, what's Charizard's Down B, and has Flame Charge replaced Rock Smash?

Last edited:

ppbto

Smash Journeyman
Before the E3, I'm expecting to see Wario, Ice Climbers and Meta-Knight reveled.

Staarih

Smash Master
My update brings all the boys to the yard
And they're like,
"It's better than yore"
Damn right, it's better than yore
I can comment,
But the Hype's too large
Either I'm extremely tired or something, but I literally laughed out loud hahaha. U so funny!

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Good point. Maybe he can confirm the names of his moves while he is at it and whether Charizard's Mega Evolution is his Final Smash(I think it is).
Considering that Sakurai confirmed transformation characters cut, I'd say it'd be his FS, similar to Warioman in Brawl.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Don't worry, Ridley still has a big chance. If you've not seen it, I can give you my/others analysis for Ridley. ^^

Anyways, I hope this Pic will be about Greninja or Charizard.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Meta knight for Triple Deluxe, Ice Climbers randomly, and maybe a newcomer before E3. Predicting the unpredictable here, but that sounds pretty good to me.
Wario could be revealed for MK8 too. Aside from those, I can't see anything on the horizon. I don't think there'll be a major Direct before E3, probably just small ones.

D

Deleted member

Expected more Greninja info, got Greninja but without any info.
3/10, see me after class.

EDIT: NVM, second pic, waiting for the caption to give final grade.

EDIT NUMBER 2: We got info, 7/10.

Last edited by a moderator:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I swear I heard somewhere Samurai isn't going to include Ice Climbers because of the 3DS limitations or w.e ._.
Nope, completely untrue. He mentioned in an interview that they were harder than other characters, but seeing as Rosalina and Luma are in, he figured out that problem. The 3DS is incredibly powerful. Like, ridiculous for a handheld console.

Also, there's two pics tonight.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
I swear I heard somewhere Samurai isn't going to include Ice Climbers because of the 3DS limitations or w.e ._.
That was a long time ago. He said something to the effect that they were having some programming troubles with IC on the 3DS version.

It's fairly evident that they're in the game, though. Not only is Rosalina more complex a dual-character than IC (meaning that if she can get in, they certainly can), but IC enemies appear in Smash Run (the Polar Bear, at least).

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Oh look!

A dragon on Pyrosphere!

*sobs*

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
Yer in for a looooong ride, friend.
Even something grasping at straws like that "size doesn't matter in the Smash universe" comment is plenty for me. Just something to raise hopes.

Anyway, I think we'll get info on another stage boss before E3. That might also lend some insight.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
First caption:

Pic of the day. Here's a very, very new fighter in the upcoming Smash games, Greninja. Greninja's sophisticated moves are extremely fun to use once you get used to how it controls!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom