• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.
With that second picture it looks like we could get what the "ninja poof" teleport is. Good. I did not want to wait on that. I think it's just Meta Knight's, but Forward B instead of down.

D

Deleted member

On a side note, we've been so spoiled by the direct we're getting more antsy over filler than usual. GET IT TOGETHER PEOPLE, WE'VE BEEN THROUGH THIS BEFORE

PKNinja95

Smash Ace
NNID
AKninja95
3DS FC
3351-4567-0361
Nope, completely untrue. He mentioned in an interview that they were harder than other characters, but seeing as Rosalina and Luma are in, he figured out that problem. The 3DS is incredibly powerful. Like, ridiculous for a handheld console.

Also, there's two pics tonight.
Oh okay. Swore I heard it in a article a long while back. I'm tripping then lol

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
"The side special attack Shadow Sneak is a move that makes Greninja suddenly disappear and ambush opponents. If you press and hold the button, Greninja will move a greater distance. Another unique feature is you can move Greninja around freely while charging up."

Neat!

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
"Pic of the day. Here's a very, very new fighter in the upcoming Smash games, Greninja. Greninja's sophisticated moves are extremely fun to use once you get used to how it controls! The side special attack Shadow Sneak is a move that makes Greninja suddenly disappear and ambush opponents. If you press and hold the button, Greninja will move a greater distance. Another unique feature is you can move Greninja around freely while charging up."

Sounds like Meta Knights Dimensional Cape.

Edit: Greninja'd/shadow sneaked/etc. etc.

Last edited:

BugDoctor

Smash Apprentice
Pic of the day. Here's a very, very new fighter in the upcoming Smash games, Greninja. Greninja's sophisticated moves are extremely fun to use once you get used to how it controls!

The side special attack Shadow Sneak is a move that makes Greninja suddenly disappear and ambush opponents. If you press and hold the button, Greninja will move a greater distance. Another unique feature is you can move Greninja around freely while charging up.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Second quote: The side special attack Shadow Sneak is a move that makes Greninja suddenly disappear and ambush opponents. If you press and hold the button, Greninja will move a greater distance. Another unique feature is you can move Greninja around freely while charging up.

Edit: Shadow Sneak'd

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Not surprised tbh.

This was to be expected anyway, just that this was a little late.

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
"The side special attack Shadow Sneak is a move that makes Greninja suddenly disappear and ambush opponents. If you press and hold the button, Greninja will move a greater distance. Another unique feature is you can move Greninja around freely while charging up."

Neat!
And you called it lame :p

It is interesting to say the least.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
So... he has a teleportation move used for dodging, and a counter attack? Plus he's fast and jumps ridiculously high. And he has projectiles.

Man, playing against Greninja is going to be a *****.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
relaxedexcorcist post: 16616989 said:
"Pic of the day. Here's a very, very new fighter in the upcoming Smash games, Greninja. Greninja's sophisticated moves are extremely fun to use once you get used to how it controls! The side special attack Shadow Sneak is a move that makes Greninja suddenly disappear and ambush opponents. If you press and hold the button, Greninja will move a greater distance. Another unique feature is you can move Greninja around freely while charging up."

Sounds like Meta Knights Dimensional Cape.

Edit: Greninja'd/shadow sneaked/etc. etc.
Interesting...wonder if that means you can move anyway as long as you hold B.

ppbto

Smash Journeyman
LOL, Charizard on Pyrosphere.

So shadow sneak as a side B, that would be a fun move.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
Today we got exactly what I wanted, Greninja info. That side-b looks sweet.

Alright, goodnight you all.

D

Deleted member

So it's kinda like Dimensional Cape, but chargeable, and you can move around while it's charging? Neat-o.

Just realized I got Greninja'd (HAHAHA) into next week.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shroob

Sup?
So, we pretty much know all of Greninja's B moves now.

B: Water Shuriken
Side B: Shadow Sneak
Down B: Substitute
Up B: Aqua Jet/Quick Attack/Hydro Pump

.....and looking at moves he can use, I'm going to go ahead and say they'll call his Final Smash Night Slash.

Last edited:

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Well I stand corrected. The first picture was a bit boring, but the second pic and additional info is exactly what some were asking for. More Greninja info!

MasterofMonster

Smash Master

Up B: Aqua Jet/Quick Attack

.....and looking at moves he can use, I'm going to go ahead and say they'll call his Final Smash Night Slash.
I kinda Think his Up Special is Hydro Pump. ^^ He's not cloaked in Water like Aqua Jet usually is, and Quick-Attack doesn't really have you shoot streams of water from your palms. XD Plus, that's two Streams of Water. Like Hydro Pump usually is.

I vote for Hydro Pump for now~

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Up B: Aqua Jet/Quick Attack

Greninja can't learn Aqua Jet.

I think his recovery might actually be Water Sport.

Still, I enjoy it when Pokemon's special moves are actual moves they learn! :3

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Greninja is turning out be an interesting fighter. Not sure about maining him though.

This moves seems be based one of Meta Knight's specials (forgot the name.)

D

Deleted member

Before we start hopping on the "GRENINJA OP ZOMG!!!11!1" train, remember we don't really know how it functions completely. It might only allow you to teleport side-to-side, rather than in all directions like Dimensional Cape. Not saying that Shadow Sneak won't be a ***** to deal with, I'm just throwing it out there.

I might not know what the hell I'm talking about please don't hurt me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I like how you were all so quick to go "WAAAH DIS IS BORING!" to "WOOOO DIS IS AWESUM!". Typical. I guess it just goes to show that things are back to normal in here.

Anyway, great pics as always. Nice to have some info on Greninja's moves, too.

Last edited:

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I don't know what seems top tier about this. It sounds like Dimentional Cape that always ends in an attack but that you can move around before unleashing like Jet Hammer. That actually sounds like a terrible move to me, but maybe it will have good frame data and hitboxes to make it work. The general description of Greninja though makes it sound like he has many intricate moves with complicated inputs which probably necessarily means that his special moves are really committed since intricate moves necessarily take more time than the fastest simple moves. While it's way too early to call him bad since we still know extremely little about him and the devil is always in the details on matters of balance, my initial read on what we do know is more about bad signs than good signs.

FreeFallUp

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LuigiTroid20
3DS FC
3222-5636-5087
Not all that was presented was new, but...

...considering the confirmation on which special the teleport would be, this information was welcome nonetheless.

Not sure how useful in battle it will be though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom