• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
what I really like about how smash run is inspired from kirby air ride is that the whole concept of randomness in city trial wasn't just fun because of the item; it was also because of how open the map is and how ANYTHING can happen (events, someone getting item, stealing upgrades etc…) For me, I interpret city trial of like how kids like to play together on a playground; it's open and they can do different things and it feels different every time they play. This is why city trial is the most random/fun game I've played (even mario kart doesn't top that imo). But the best is that I actually fought that city trial was so good that he should reuse those mechanics in ssb4 I wished he would (not unrealistic considering how he used the check board in brawl which is also good) so now, I'm really glad he did that because if you check the map carefully, you'll noticed that it's the same concept as the city; open, large, some area have multiple access in the centre and some area are specific on the limits of the map. And the events are there too so I think that it's a perfect inspiration and he ben did more (combining this with nintendo minion, platforming and sse is genius). Like, I think smash run is going to be the only mode I will play with cpu just to have fun (it was with kirby air ride with cpu at 9).

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
These last few pics of the day are kind of boring. We have already seen these things in the direct so it's nothing new.
If we were to make all the new information we got from the Direct into individual Pics of the Day, we would probably have more new information than what we got from every new Pic of the Day since last June combined... 5 characters, 9 final smashes, 38 items not yet shown, changes made to 14 characters, 12 assist trophies not yet seen, 6 stages, 24 Pokemon not yet shown, Smash Run, online play, custom movesets, and a ballpark release date for both games. Add all this stuff up and you have enough content for at least 112 updates. To give you an idea of how much info we got in the span of 40 minutes, this means that in order to match this number, there would have had to have been new information in every update from the start of July to the second update of December... 22 WEEKS OF INFORMATION IN LESS THAN AN HOUR. I think Sakurai has our permission to ease on the brakes for a little while.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
We all love checkboards.

As for Smash Run: its French name is "Aventure Smash" (not gonna translate that to you since its meaning is obvious). I think that wasn't a smart move, since the word 'aventure' is supposedly already taken by the legit Adventure Mode...

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Between now and E3 I expect nothing but clarifications, and probably a few new vets. Either way, I'm in a way less excited for the PotD, yet soooo much more hyped for the game in general.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Between now and E3 I expect nothing but clarifications, and probably a few new vets. Either way, I'm in a way less excited for the PotD, yet soooo much more hyped for the game in general.
This. I'd actually prefer if they dropped the PoD altogether and just had another blowout at E3 and then another one before the 3DS release.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I mean, how many days left till E3? Like 50 something?

I could probably survive that...

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
This. I'd actually prefer if they dropped the PoD altogether and just had another blowout at E3 and then another one before the 3DS release.
I would be a bit sad at that. I like the giant info dumps, sure, but the PotD gives me something new to look forward to every day. Whether it's new info or just clarifications on old info, it's still fun to see and talk about.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Part of me suspects we'll get another veteran before the month is out.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Eh... I don't know about that. A gap of a month before and after the Direct seems likely to me, but guess we'll see.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Eh... I don't know about that. A gap of a month before and after the Direct seems likely to me, but guess we'll see.
Well if the game releases August unless they do that thing where most of the vets are unlockable there's still 14 veterans max to come. (Falcon, Ness, Jiggs, Ice Climbers, GaW, Actually a Pheasant, Fat Falcon, Wario, MK, Not so Ness, Blue Sword Man, NES Peripheral, Wolf and Konami-man) [I have to type them out to make sure.]

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
I doubt we'll get a character reveal this month, but I'm guessing probably next month. Something to get us excited for E3. But who knows! I've been wrong so so many times before. xD

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
:popo::ike::lucas::metaknight::wario: These are the only starters from past games that haven't been confirmed yet. The Ice Climbers, Wario, and Metaknight are all but confirmed thanks to the Direct and subsequent press releases and I could easily see them being revealed by E3. The other two, I don't know. I get a very strong feeling that Lucas is coming back and that Ness is going to be unlockable but I'm not totally sure on Ike. I'd argue that Ike's fate lies in whether Chrom is unlockable or not. I also get a strong feeling that Marth's a starter this time around so I have a hard time imagining all three being available from the get-go.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
We all love checkboards.

As for Smash Run: its French name is "Aventure Smash" (not gonna translate that to you since its meaning is obvious). I think that wasn't a smart move, since the word 'aventure' is supposedly already taken by the legit Adventure Mode...
yeah but in paper mario TTYD, Rogueport is "Port Lacanaie" (the i has 2 dots above it) so tbh, I saw worse.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
It is possible they are now unlockables...
I seriously doubt it. When has a character who premiered as a starting character ever been made into an unlockable? Not to say it isn't possible but this has never happened yet in the series. Lucas and Ike I could maybe understand if they had major changes done to them and if Ness and Chrom were in the starting roster instead but there's no reason for the other three.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I seriously doubt it. When has a character who premiered as a starting character ever been made into an unlockable? Not to say it isn't possible but this has never happened yet in the series. Lucas and Ike I could maybe understand if they had major changes done to them and if Ness and Chrom were in the starting roster instead but there's no reason for the other three.
We will find out soon enough at E3 2014... I suspect this is where we will find out the final starting roster (third-party characters not counted).

SpindaMaster

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3136-6569-2540
Do you guys think that maybe Sakurai will begin to show enemies in Smash Run? I realize that it's not really significant, but it'd be sorta interesting.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Do you guys think that maybe Sakurai will begin to show enemies in Smash Run? I realize that it's not really significant, but it'd be sorta interesting.
That could definitely be a thing now that I think about it.

I guess I'd be cool with that, so long as it's a bit more than just showing them.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Well, that wouldn't exactly accomplish anything considering Sakurai takes these on his lunch break. I rather have them continue it to clarify on more stuff and to see his experiences.

Sakurai is a fun guy. I want to see him have fun.
I would certainly love it.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
There has been some discussion about Golden Week. I don't think he's going to take it off (from PotD at least), as he didn't announce he would today, which is what he did last time.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'd wager until the (3DS) game releases itself if it was really that close. Doesn't seem like they'll be much left as surprise.
Considering how much longer we'll have to wait for the Wii U version, something big may be planned for it, which may not be present for the 3DS version.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
That's understandable, but given they outright confirmed the characters will be the same/appearing for both versions, there doesn't seem to be anyway to (fairly) keep anything like that secret.

Can see Wii U having something unique, like how Smash 3DS has Smash Run, at the very least.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
That's understandable, but given they outright confirmed the characters will be the same/appearing for both versions, there doesn't seem to be anyway to (fairly) keep anything like that secret.

Can see Wii U having something unique, like how Smash 3DS has Smash Run, at the very least.
Unless some characters are unlocked via the date (like Alex Kidd in All-Stars Racing Transformed)

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
We will find out soon enough at E3 2014... I suspect this is where we will find out the final starting roster (third-party characters not counted).

Adding with 3rd parties

And special cases don't forget ridley and mewtwo and shulk and king k rool and palutena if confirmed playable before the 3ds release because any of those would bring hype before the release

(Luigi and toon link are the clues)

Last edited:

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
The 3DS version comes out much earlier (Summer) than the Wii U version (Winter) supposedly. Short of absolute refusal to play a specific version, there shouldn't be much reason to not at least try or consider both.

Knowing Nintendo, there'll probably be a combined Smash Bundle somewhere down the line.
I want a special smash 3ds xl like yoshi, zelda, and mario and lugi got.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Nintendo has harldy any big releases besides Mario Kart and Golf coming up until E3 so predicting veterans is going to be tricky. I wonder what's keeping Wario and Meta Knight.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Nintendo has harldy any big releases besides Mario Kart and Golf coming up until E3 so predicting veterans is going to be tricky. I wonder what's keeping Wario and Meta Knight.
Either nothing, or they have a change that like Yoshi is delaying their reveal.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Either nothing, or they have a change that like Yoshi is delaying their reveal.
I still don't get that. The big change was that Yoshi is a little more upright than last time? Still it's Sakurai so I have nothing to gain questioning it.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
That could possibly be the case for Wario. Please change his gait, Sakurai

Don't see that for Meta Knight though.
I can't see a huge change for these two. Unless in order to balance MK, he changes his moveset completely.

I totally agree with Wario though, he moves so weird in SSBB. I guess it is a bit reminiscent of WarioWare but still. Also more muscle plz. He's fat but muscly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom