• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I hate Tingle's guts. But I agree. I see him as a viable character.
Tingle would be as bad as Mii...too bad Mii is 99% likely in this game as a playable character though so I'll slowly prepared myself for it. I'd rather have Ghirahim. Or definitely Agahnim (not gonna happen but I'd love a major magic user sans Zelda in Smash)

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Tingle would be as bad as Mii...too bad Mii is 99% likely in this game as a playable character though so I'll slowly prepared myself for it. I'd rather have Ghirahim. Or definitely Jerry (not gonna happen but I'd love a major magic user sans Zelda in Smash)
Fixed.

And only those who watch SGBLikesToPlay, SomecallmeJohnny or BrainScratchComms will get this. ¦D

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
But yeah, now that I thought of Agahnim, I'd personally love him in Smash. Great looking design, could use lots of unique magic, kinda more relevant with the new Zelda remake...as long as it's not Tingle. Waluigi would have been better than Tingle.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Never understood all the Tingle hate, really. Not every Zelda character has to be serious - he adds something to the series that it never really had. He'd be an interesting addition, and is one of the most recognisable characters in the series.

Anyway, as for tonights PotD, I'm hoping our revelations continue. We've had a really good run, and it'd be great to see it continue. Next week is my birthday week and I know Sakurai will give me an amazing present.

Seriously, if Ice Climbers are revealed next thursday (my actual birthday), I'll freak out.

juddy96

Smash Lord
Is it just me or does anybody else think Ice Climbers aren't returning? Especially because Rosalina and Luma seem to be a better version of them and the Ice Climbers haven't had a game in years.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Is it just me or does anybody else think Ice Climbers aren't returning? Especially because Rosalina and Luma seem to be a better version of them and the Ice Climbers haven't had a game in years.
Naw naw son. Ice Climbers and Rosalina play nothing alike. And if lack recentness were grounds for cuts, our roster would be much slimmer.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
I think they'll be a mix between Ice Climbers and Olimar...
Pretty much, yeah. Rosalina & Luma = Pikmin Climbers.

And we've pretty much determined before that being in a recent game does not matter. Ice Climbers made it into Melee, Pit made it to Brawl, and why the heck does Mr. Game & Watch exist?

It has nothing to do with how recently they appeared, but if they became a part of Nintendo's legacy. Hilariously enough, being in Smash Bros pretty much solidifies a character in said legacy. Once you're in Smash, you'll likely never be forgotten.

I mean look at Roy! He's considered pretty bad in his own game, yet people love him. His appearance in Melee made a world of difference in how people saw him.

"He made it into Smash Bros, he HAS to be cool!"

That is something that we never consider when we discuss our characters; who does Nintendo want to affirm as a permanent part of their history?

Last edited:

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
That is something that we never consider when we discuss our characters; who does Nintendo want to affirm as a permanent part of their history?
Would certainly explain picks like Rosalina and Lucario haha. Not saying I don't like them myself, but they are character Nintendo "shoves" in our faces more so than character that fans demand to see a lot of.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Because Sakurai love trolling us.
He's loved it ever since Ness in Smash 64.

But I see your point. It's the reason why I dislike the "relevance" argument...
Mr. Game in Watch is also a reference to the legendary Gunpei Yokio and their first video game.

But yeah, now that I thought of Agahnim, I'd personally love him in Smash. Great looking design, could use lots of unique magic, kinda more relevant with the new Zelda remake...as long as it's not Tingle. Waluigi would have been better than Tingle.
But tingle is one of the few reoccurring characters in the Zelda verse since his appearance, he has only had like one or two games without a tingle reference in it in the main series, he has a huge fanbase in Japan, is iconic, has his own spin off series with 3 games in it so far, he is the only zelda character (not counting link) to have a spin off series, and he has appeared in both Melee and Brawl and most likely will appear again in some form in smash 4. Waluigi's only major role was in the mario dance dance spinoff. He was created to be Wario's tennis partner and has been a mainstay to the spinoff games, but doesn't make much of a mark on any of the main games or side franchises like warioland/warioware/yoshi/etc. Mario is such a large universe that of course not everyone can make it in.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
So for the past few days we've had:
-A change on jabs including ones that have been around since Smash 64
-A returning Assist Trophy
-A new Pokeball Pokemon
-A stage hazard/Assist Trophy (personally leaning more towards the former)
-A redesigned original smash item

That's a full weeks worth of generally useful info (more useful than Luigi's nose). I suppose you could go even further back and count the pic about the boxing ring changing and Diddys two buffs (one to his up special and the other to his ftilt) though I feel that the boxing ring one is redundant since we were already aware of the changes when Little Mac got introduced.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
I predict the fan.

Given the current trend, it will probably be ornate, supernatural and reverse-anachronistic.

Knowing Sakurai, it will also be even more broken, probably by making it bigger

It will probably be colorful, maybe purple.

Let's see...
What would be ornate, supernatural, excessively big and purple and also fan-like?

Well, it's official, Ridley is deconfirmed. We need his wing as the new fan. Our only hope is that Alfonzo may somehow take over...

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I predict something filler involving Little Mac or Diddy Kong akin to:

"Don't you find Diddy's bananas APPEALING?" or something equally groan worthy but mildly funny.
The effort to make the text yellow got me. Of course like anything else thats funny on the internet I did what everyone else does. So I only looked at it and thought "hey, thats pretty funny".

I think its time for more assist trophies bring it on Sakurai! Bold predictions... New...Donkey Kong... item....

Last edited:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
I predict the fan.

Given the current trend, it will probably be ornate, supernatural and reverse-anachronistic.

Knowing Sakurai, it will also be even more broken, probably by making it bigger

It will probably be colorful, maybe purple.

Let's see...
What would be ornate, supernatural, excessively big and purple and also fan-like?

Well, it's official, Ridley is deconfirmed. We need his wing as the new fan. Our only hope is that Alfonzo may somehow take over...
That, or turn it into a war fan.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
So are the pictures coming later now? I didn't wait up last night. But I'm curious.

I'm predicting a move update or gameplay mechanic.

andimidna

Smash Master
I'm predicting Pit, Luigi, and somebody else on Pyrosphere
And he might talk about how high each of them jumps?
Or maybe talking about a feature that is now closer to Melee than Brawl?

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
Incoming filler. I highly doubt we'll be blessed with three days of wonderful info.

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
Well we have basically all of the bases covered in the last week or so(minus a new stage or playable character) so a joke pic would be appropriate timing to break things up a little. Not that I want that. In fact there hasn't been a joke pic in a while. Maybe we are finally close to being over the proverbial "hump" where all information afterward is brand new. It has to be coming up soon if it isn't already.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I have a feeling that it will be Toad related...
:( There's no reason to show Toad again. Sakurai made it clear that Toad isn't getting in. I'd like them to show something else... maybe a new stage... or a new item...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom