• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I say-I say, why can't they have both Bumpers and Flippers? They work differently from each other.

Bumpers are powerful and knock opponents away while Flippers are weaker and hold opponents in place and knock them back only slightly.

Keep both the apples and the oranges.

----

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
What does the Flipper (Melee item, right?) have to do with Bumpers? Is this why we didn't see Flippers in Brawl? They both have kinda different effects, and I think with a little upgrade, they could make the Flipper a more fun and less redundant item. And at least we're getting an item from Balloon Fight with the Flipper.

Anyway, I'm loving the Bumper's new look and I'm glad it's returning. I think it's a pretty fun item with its crazy knockback.

Dairz

Smash Ace
I wont be disappointed if the next pic is lame since these last two were pretty good. Just give us some stage info, and top it off with Yoshi next week, and I'll be happy.

I doubt that the Gooey Bomb will be returning, because Mega Man's crash bomb works the same way. Then again, it could be like Diddy's banana and the item banana...

Last edited:
Overpowered?
In Brawl it would send you flying miles away, while in the 64 games it would only send you a short distance. It was more fun on the 64 because you were more likely to be hit by it multiple times instead of it possibly killing you. The best was when it would hit an opponent and come back and hit you the go back to him; leaving you guys trapped in a loop for a few smacks, just like a real pinball bumper.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I hope it's a bit weaker this time around. It's a lot more fun to be continuously bumped into it than to have it just send you to death practically immediately.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I wont be disappointed if the next pic is lame since these last two were pretty good. Just give us some stage info, and top it off with Yoshi next week, and I'll be happy.

I doubt that the Gooey Bomb will be returning, because Mega Man's crash bomb works the same way. Then again, it could be like Diddy's banana and the item banana...
Careful... you don't want to give the Lip supporters false hope... :troll:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Since the Japanese anniversary for Wario Ware is March 21st, I expect a certain fatass to be revealed to promote it.

Last edited:

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
I preffer the brawl's bumper colors... definitely would love when balloon fighter gets revealed as the retro champion :cool:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I preffer the brawl's bumper colors... definitely would love when balloon fighter gets revealed as the retro champion :cool:
Didn't the Villager steal his only option for an Up Special ? Unless there are other ways he could recover, he's not gonna make it.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
Didn't the Villager steal his only option for an Up Special ? Unless there are other ways he could recover, he's not gonna make it.
It wa a joke (kinda), i dont think he is going to get it in neither, but villager had nothing to do with this.
I mean, if you thinks lucario's aura ball means mewtwo is not going to make it back then yeah, no balloon fighter at all...

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
It wa a joke (kinda), i dont think he is going to get it in neither, but villager had nothing to do with this.
I mean, if you thinks lucario's aura ball means mewtwo is not going to make it back then yeah, no balloon fighter at all...
Not the same thing, though. ^^ Both Lucario and Mewtwo have a similar Special projectile, yes. But flying around with the Balloons (in the exact same way as Balloon Fighter, too), is what Balloon Fighter IS. Sakurai wouldn't give Villager the one thing that really makes Balloon Fighter special, would he be playable.
Villager also uses Boxing Gloves, but that's not enough to screw Mac over, since Boxing gloves aren't special that way. ^^

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
Not the same thing, though. ^^ Both Lucario and Mewtwo have a similar Special projectile, yes. But flying around with the Balloons (in the exact same way as Balloon Fighter, too), is what Balloon Fighter IS. Sakurai wouldn't give Villager the one thing that really makes Balloon Fighter special, would he be playable.
Villager also uses Boxing Gloves, but that's not enough to screw Mac over, since Boxing gloves aren't special that way. ^^
Villager's balloons were red on the first screens though, but his last appareances show them being blue, and we know who use the red ballons as the main feature... ;D

I already know all that, but it doesnt matter, if villager means "no balloon fighter" then all his possible techniques and gameplay style (the flipper for example) means nothing and he will never be playable by any means in any game, simply because villager is already a balloon character. Is basically the same reasoning behind "too many swordsmans" come on... i dont see any problems, in fact i will love if both him and tingle gets in with the "balloon gimmick".

Again, i dont think he is going to get in.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Villager's balloons were red on the first screens though, but his last appareances show them being blue, and we know who use the red ballons as the main feature... ;D

I already know all that, but it doesnt matter, if villager means "no balloon fighter" then all his possible techniques and gameplay style (the flipper for example) means nothing and he will never be playable by any means in any game, simply because villager is already a balloon character. Is basically the same reasoning behind "too many swordsmans" come on... i dont see any problems, in fact i will love if both him and tingle gets in with the "balloon gimmick".

"And thus, another great cry went up..."

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
@ Sobreviviente Sobreviviente
Now, I am not saying he can't be in because Villager does the one thing he is known for. ^^ But it does make it veeery less likely. I do not Think he will be in, but we'll see, yeah.

But anyways, this be Miiverse thread. ^^ So I predict... um... Little Mac's nose.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik

Only if Peach held up Blue Toad instead of Toad... :cry:

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
"And thus, another great cry went up..."
???????????

@ Sobreviviente Sobreviviente
Now, I am not saying he can't be in because Villager does the one thing he is known for. ^^ But it does make it veeery less likely. I do not Think he will be in, but we'll see, yeah.
There is a minority that sees villager as an aportunity or that he even bust balloon fighter chances but yes, we'll see.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
For some reason I really loved this update. Probably because Bumper is my favorite item in the game, the sheer chaos and hilarity it can cause shows why items are fun in general.

Last edited:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
A deconfirmation week would be awesome (which this week is shaping up nicely to be).

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
A deconfirmation week would be awesome (which this week is shaping up nicely to be).
I mean, it's March- the game'll be out at the very least by the end of December, so ~10 months. The faster we start deconfirming stuff, the more we can speculate what's actually in. I wish Sakurai would show more assist trophies and whatnot to deconfirm stuff.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I love the bumper and I especially like how broken it was in Brawl. In casual fights there was always something great about setting it up on the edge right as someone was trying to recover and then watching as they bounced and FFFFFFFFFUUUUUU'd to their death as soon as they tried to get up. :laugh:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I love the bumper and I especially like how broken it was in Brawl. In casual fights there was always something great about setting it up on the edge right as someone was trying to recover and then watching as they bounced and FFFFFFFFFUUUUUU'd to their death as soon as they tried to get up. :laugh:
Better yet.
If you snipe them with it.

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
Tommorow we shall witness the great crocodile deconfirmation
Totodile shall be confirmed as an assist trophy:troll:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I think with the many expactions of Ridley being deconfirmed, I think this is leading to a Ridley character reveal soon.
May god hear you, because I'll fly to Japan with pitchforks and torches if Sakurai dares to not make Ridley a playable char.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I know Sakurai basically deconfirmed the Flipper, but why? Not saying I'm dying to see it return but I never thought they were too similar.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
tingle is really the only character( don't count mii a character he is an avatar :p ) we do need more villains but a childmolester come on

D

Deleted member

tingle is really the only character( don't count mii a character he is an avatar :p ) we do need more villains but a childmolester come on
Hahaha, Tingle is a child molester, it's so fu-NO
STOP IT

It's fine if you dislike Tingle but don't go around saying stuff like that. It's not valid reasoning for why he shouldn't be in and it's not exactly tasteful either.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Hahaha, Tingle is a child molester, it's so fu-NO
STOP IT

It's fine if you dislike Tingle but don't go around saying stuff like that. It's not valid reasoning for why he shouldn't be in and it not exactly tasteful either.
I hate Tingle's guts. But I agree. I see him as a viable character.

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
THE BUMPER IS BAAAAAAACK

It's seriously the best troll item ever, especially for recovering players.:troll:

Also, I love dat new design. :love:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom