• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
That looks like something that could cut you in half not push you around lol

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Is he even supposed to be holding it in that picture or just standing next to it? I kinda suspect the latter.

Also, bumpers are hilarious, best item by far. Hopefully AI still just walk right into them over and over again; that's the best part about them. Flippers were lame and mostly non-disruptive. This is nothing but good news.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Flippers? Remind me, are those the spinning-thingie from Melee?

Anyways, I must say, that Bumper is gorgeous. ^^ They really makes the Smash-exclusive items noticable. I love that. I wonder what the rest of the Smash Items will look like.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
The designers went overboard, that comment is hilarious! Good to see the return of an old favorite. I can already see the hilarity ensue when you trap someone between two bumpers again!

And we're not getting the Flippers back, eh doesn't bother me. Those things were worthless anyway. More of an annoyance than anything else.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
So every "Smash" item will be redesigned and have the Smash logo...?

Kinda curious about how the Proximity Mine, the Cracker Launcher, the Beam Sword, and the Fan will look like...

Oh, and inb4 the food is now 3D.
The blade will be shaped like the Smash logo.

Also the food will have the logo stamped on the bottom.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Hello, my dear Bumper. Come to plague me again for a third time?
Hello Bumper, my old friend,
I've come to talk with you again,
Because a knockback harshly creeping,
Left its mark while I was leaping,
And the suffering that was planted in my backside
Still subsides
Within the sound of pwnage.

Last edited:

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
I love how all the Smash original items are getting re-designs to make them stand out more. Can't wait to see the Beam Sword. Also, that bumper now looks a lot more like one you would see in an actual pinball game. Something about the color of it.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Hopefully they don't have stupid knockback this time whenever you throw it at someone.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
I wonder if the Beam Swords will look even more (or less?) like Lightsabers this time.
I wouldn't mind if they actually resembled swords. You know, a defined edge, and pointed tip. Melee had it, but it looked odd there. Maybe because it looked like some sort of retractable laser katana attached to a flashlight.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
What the heck? He's not even holding it, it's just hovering in front of his clenched fist

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADRUqFxrPKOPw
Pic of the day. The Bumper is back with a detailed new design. This also means there will be no Flippers.
Here's the back side of the Bumper. There's way too much detail put into the side you can't really see. The designers really went overboard.
You can't see his hand holding it but like okay. Let's just assume things we can't see...

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The challenger approaching bar has disappeared. Doesn't mean much but it's something.

QJD1381

Smash Apprentice
No Flippers?

If you rearrange those letters, remove some, then add a few more, you get "No Ridley"!

It's a conspiracy!

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
That be a lot of details they're putting on our veteran items.
But the only question is that will Bumper be OP'd again when thrown?

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
YES! I loved the bumper! So much better than the flipper. That thing was boring and was nothing more than a slight annoyance. The bumper actually sends people flying and causes hilarity! :D

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I would've made the Flipper work more like the Bumper to be honest. At least they represent a Nintendo franchise, Balloon Fight. There are too many original items which never appeared in any Nintendo game, imho.
The redesign is okay.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Nice to see the bumper back, excellent new design as well too. One thing id like to see though is that hopefully it is lit up, say for instance on a night stage or something that it would glow or flash like real pinball bumpers do.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I like the new Bumper. I can't wait to love it and hate it all at the same time again. =D

And I definitely don't miss the Flipper. That thing was useless. ¦D

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Ooooh pretty! Such an annoying item but so fun to troll your friends with (if you play with items on, of course).

The bumper always reminds me of the original game.

<3 Memories <3

QJD1381

Smash Apprentice
We've gotten an assist trophy, a pokeball, a stage hazard, and now a item all in a row. I predict we either get a stage next, or a joke pic as the combo breaker.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
We've gotten an assist trophy, a pokeball, a stage hazard, and now a item all in a row. I predict we either get a stage next, or a joke pic as the combo breaker.
Or worse, a "not even a joke" picture.
Something like : " Oh man... I'm feeding them to much, what can I do ? Oh yeah, I know"

"Pic of the day .Take a look in the deep work we did designing Marth's tiara [diadem or whatever] .Such a fabulous prince."
(And below in commentary: "That disconfirms Lucina too, but who cares ?"

ULTIMATE C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom