• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Makes sense that the 1-Up Mushroom wasn't put in instead of the S-Flag. 1-Up Mushrooms are instant pick-up items - touch it, 1-up granted, no questions asked. At least with the S-Flag there's some risk-reward put into it, just like the odds of grabbing a Headless Hammer or a Squeaky Golden Hammer.

Last edited:

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
'Star's Random Question of the Day!'

Would you guys like to have more Brawl or Melee stages return?

Tbh, I wouldn't mind if Sakurai revealed Temple to return for both versions of smash soon.
I'd probably vote Brawl. It ultimately had more stages that I enjoyed. I would love to see Brinstar Depths return from Melee though.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
*waits for another Potd telling us aboutt Newcomer Video/Direct* *wears 'Prepared to be Disappointed' shirt*

Last edited:

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
Makes sense that the 1-Up Mushroom wasn't put in instead of the S-Flag. 1-Up Mushrooms are instant pick-up items - touch it, 1-up granted, no questions asked. At least with the S-Flag there's some risk-reward put into it, just like the odds of grabbing a Headless Hammer or a Squeaky Golden Hammer.
I hate the Squeaky Goldned Hammers soo much.
I'd probably vote Brawl. It ultimately had more stages that I enjoyed. I would love to see Brinstar Depths return from Melee though.
I want Brinstar Depths, Fountain of Dreams, Delfino Plaza, Pirate Ship, and PictoChat to return. They need to return.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813

Too many Mario items guiz.

Oh, guess we wont see MK till after release methinks.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Two days in a row with the PotD being uploaded at midnight. I can for sure get used to that.

As for the item, looks to be a very interesting item indeed.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
So Namco gets the Galaga aliens, a ghost assist trophy, and the S-Flag? Dang, they're certainly getting represented for their hard work on the game. No complaints from me! :D

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
And here I thought I was the only one who was wondering why the 1-Up Mushroom was never an item. :laugh:

Still this does seem to be a very interesting item. I can't wait to try out a stock match with them only and on "High."

Morbi

Scavenger

Seriously though does no one else think this item sounds super OP?
It does not sound "OP," per se, it sounds more like an equalizer if you ask me. It just adds an interesting twist into the item meta-game. We have gotten a lot of other seemingly powerful items, this is no different. I suppose it depends on how long that animation takes to complete.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Looks like I won't be posting PotD anymore. The comment system has been changed that prevented me from just posting the pic especially the one coming from Miiverse. It now asks me to upload the pic instead and it won't work because it doesn't contain any extensions, like Miiverse pics usually doesn't have.

:(
It's okay, Swift. Sonic shall carry on your legacy into the next generation of speed posters. You've left this world in good hands.

We'll never forget you and all of those nights you were there for us, ready to post those pictures as swift as a fox so we could immediately react to them in our various ways. The pics could have been a lot later coming without your being here for us.

Fret not, for we still give thanks and love to you for all of your valiant efforts and hope you remain with us now and forever on the road to Smash 4's release.

I've REALLY gotta stop drinking Dr. Pepper so late at night. -~-

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
Speaking of items....(Bonus Star''s Random QOTD incoming).

What are your top three favorite items in Smash Bros 4?
For me:
#1: Smash Ball
#2: S-Flag
#3': Bullet Bill/Assist Trophy/Master-Ball.

wildvine47

Smash Ace
So this leaves just one item from the huge E3 image dump we still have no clue on. This mysterious doodad here:

Any ideas? I'm thinking it might be for collectibles, like trophies, music, and customizable moveset bits.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Ah, another early PotD! I keep checking around the usual late times. Loving these midnight PotD's!

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
...Is this what it's gonna be like until the game comes out next month?

Goddammit Mashpotato Sack O'Rice you can't keep anything consistent, can you? -~-
Mashpotato Sack O'Rice? How rude! His name is CLEARLY Massivehero Sammerguy!

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
So this leaves just one item from the huge E3 image dump we still have no clue on. This mysterious doodad here:

Any ideas? I'm thinking it might be for collectibles, like trophies, music, and customizable moveset bits.
Most likely,. It has the Smash Symbol on it. That's saying something.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Interesting. I assumed at first the S Flag worked like an Assist Trophy.
I imagined they would've obviously used a 1-Up Mushroom for an extra life item.
It's nice they gave it a use for timed matches by giving an extra "KO".

----

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
One Stock Matches will be brutal with this thing around.

'Star's Random Question of the Day!'

Would you guys like to have more Brawl or Melee stages return?

Tbh, I wouldn't mind if Sakurai revealed Temple to return for both versions of smash soon.
Personally, Brawl's stages weren't that interesting to me. Melee had Kongo Jungle, Poke Floats, Brinstar Depths, Fountain of Dreams, and tons more. The only stages that honestly interested me were Isle Delfino and Wario Ware Inc., the rest were okay at best.

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman
Definitely a lot of priority items in this smash. We already had smashballs, AT's and the dragoon, now we have masterballs, S-flags and the daybreaker to worry about as well. This smash might turn out to be the most chaotic smash game so far.

Morbi

Scavenger

Hopefully it is a redesigned Mimicutie. This is one my last chances to accurately predict a picture. Please, Sakurai!

http://www.kidicaruswiki.org/Mimicutie

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
What if there is an event in Smash Bros 4 that requires you to use as many final smashes as possible in one minute, with a bunch of Smash Balls on the Battlefield at once? Talk about chaotic.

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
Since we're listing our favorite new items, I'll say my top 5:
1) Blue Shell
2) Cuccos
3) Bullet Bill
4) Galaga Ship
5) Bombchu

The S-Flag seems ok, idk if I like it xD seems like a lot of screaming will go over this thing

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
This item would have been hectic for that crazy match I had in Melee with friends.

Basically we played a four player 99-stock match to its completion (it was sudden death mode mind you) on Temple and it took forever. Adding this item to the fray on very high would mean we'd probably still be playing today.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Most likely,. It has the Smash Symbol on it. That's saying something.
I personally think either 1) It requires damage taken to it in order to open, and/or 2) a special key could do.

Whoever acquires the key will open it with ease, but damaging it could take a while. What's inside? Treasure. Non-match specific items. Trophies, coins, stickers, cd's etc. All for the taking. Might be a rare chest to appear.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
There are so many good items in this iteration of Smash. There are also good Assist Trophies, Pokemon, Characters, Stages, Graphics (i'm talking boteh version here), smoothness, I asuume Online Play, Modes., Customization, .....everything is amazing.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
Pic of the days been coming out early nowadays. Development easing up, eh Sakurai?

I'm glad. I can actually get some decent sleep before work tomorrow now.

Oh, and it's about time a 1-Up item got added into Smash Bros. That's probably the most important item in the game at this point. How ironic it's not the fabled 1-Up mushroom from the Mario series, but rather the S flag from Namco games.

Vorsun

Smash Rookie
NNID
Vorsun
3DS FC
2320-6359-9150
Hrmm. Out of the new ones, probably:

1.) Beetle
2.) Daybreaker
3.) Fire Bar

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
I personally think either 1) It requires damage taken to it in order to open, and/or 2) a special key could do.

Whoever acquires the key will open it with ease, but damaging it could take a while. What's inside? Treasure. Non-match specific items. Trophies, coins, stickers, cd's etc. All for the taking. Might be a rare chest to appear.
It is likely that it'll be very rare to appear.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962

Okay, maybe for those who isn't following the Miiverse updates :p
Even without Miiverse updates, it's pretty simple to see what a lot of the items do if you've played or watched the games the items come from. If you haven't seen or played the games, maybe some of the Smash 4 footage from E3 or just playing with items on can help you figure them out.

Jords2Good

Smash Journeyman
Even without Miiverse updates, it's pretty simple to see what a lot of the items do if you've played or watched the games the items come from. If you haven't seen or played the games, maybe some of the Smash 4 footage from E3 or just playing with items on can help you figure them out.
Oh no I know pretty much know what Evey item does that we know so far. I kinda worded that wrong. My bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom