• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Explanation on the S Flag finally. Sounds like it will be more useful in stock matches than timed ones.

In stock matches you'll get another stock, your opponent(s) has to go through all of the work of taking out yet another stock. With characters like Jigglypuff and G&W it won't be too terribly bad but with characters like Snake and Dedede it could essentially guarantee victory, especially if the opponent is someone without many powerful moves like Peach, Sonic or Meta Knight.

In timed matches you get a point but no one loses a point. You all start off with 0 points, you get the flag and now you have 1 point and everyone else still has 0. All they have to do is ko you and you're back to 0 while they now have 1 and now they are in the lead. On the other hand, a ko in a timed match gives the ko'er a point and the ko'd a negative point so even if the ko'd kos the ko'er (I could be wording this so much better @ ~ @) they are back to even and if time runs out it's not a victory for anyone yet, it's sudden death. The S Flag is still a useful item by all means in time matches but koing your opponent has a better outcome.

Edit: Also for anyone wondering, multiple S Flags can appear in the same match

Last edited:

Groose

Smash Champion
Time for me to predict two in a row, boys. Sakurai will show off one of the options pages on the 3DS version.

...looks like I'm the next Gematsu, eh?
No, I predicted that someone would make the overdone "I am the next Gematsu" joke.
That makes me the new Gematsu instead.
Watch it, Golden. You don't want to turn me into the Foul Mouth Leaker, do you? :p

Looks like I won't be posting PotD anymore. The comment system has been changed that prevented me from just posting the pic especially the one coming from Miiverse. It now asks me to upload the pic instead and it won't work because it doesn't contain any extensions, like Miiverse pics usually doesn't have.

:(
Really? I post images on here every day, and I haven't noticed any change to the system. Sad to see you go, Swift. It was always great waking up to find that you'd posted the image.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I predict an Assist.
Not any Assist in particular. Just an Assist.

Last edited by a moderator:

Soul.

As I said before, I really don't predict PotDs, but sometimes I'll make an exception.
The PotD will be a 3DS one.

D

Deleted member

Meta Knight.
You can punch me if I'm wrong, I don't feel anything anymore

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Tonight we get Meta Knight, tomorrow THE WORLD...and then Ganondorf for Thursday and a release date for the Wii U version on Friday, possibly a Direct in there somewhere. My expectations aren't ridiculous, not in the slightest.
I was wrong about Meta Knight but I'll stick with this for my predictions for the week so tonight we get THE WORLD!...Don't ask me what that means cuz I don't know. Maybe we'll get a better look at that Starfox stage on Wii U or a Starfox stage for 3DS or perhaps a new Metroid or Kirby stage. I'd say an Earthbound/Mother stage but aside from Little Mac's disguised Boxing Ring have we gotten a stage for a series before getting a character for said series?

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
I'm typically not one to complain about lack of character reveals, but it really feels like an eternity since the Robin/Lucina trailer. I'm hoping we get either Metaknight or Ganondorf this week - something to hold me over until the next newcomer trailer.

As for tomorrow...I'm predicting a DK stage. Still in the dark about that one.

IonProductionz

Smash Cadet
I sensing some filler for tomorrow....or probably something like today where they elaborated on something already vaguely known.

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
I'm predicting a 3DS screenshot of an Assist or a new stage.

Probably not a retro stage, but one we haven't seen yet.

Bendezium Dweevil

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2122-7123-8170
aside from Little Mac's disguised Boxing Ring have we gotten a stage for a series before getting a character for said series?
If you count the Paper Mario series, then yes. Although I don't believe Sakurai would reveal a stage too revealing of a new series, like a Xenoblade stage. That would be TOO much trolling...

...right??

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I'm typically not one to complain about lack of character reveals, but it really feels like an eternity since the Robin/Lucina trailer. I'm hoping we get either Metaknight or Ganondorf this week - something to hold me over until the next newcomer trailer.

As for tomorrow...I'm predicting a DK stage. Still in the dark about that one.
I think the wait between Diddy and the Smash direct was longer. Or from Sonic to Marth, or Marth to Rosalina.

spader13

Smash Journeyman
I'd like some stage info on one of the revealed stages we don't know much about tonight, but I'm going to guess a trophy tonight.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Given recent trends, it seems we are overdue for a stage this week.

I'll go a little bit more vague in my prediction: a multipic update.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
If you count the Paper Mario series, then yes. Although I don't believe Sakurai would reveal a stage too revealing of a new series, like a Xenoblade stage. That would be TOO much trolling...

...right??
I suppose that's true if Paper Mario turns out to be playable, although some people could argue that the Paper Mario stage is nothing more than just another Mario stage. Kinda like how the Mario Galaxy stage could be looked at as a hint towards Rosalina or just another Mario stage.

As for Xenoblade, if Shulk is making it in as a playable character I doubt we'll get a stage from his game/series before we get him. That didn't happen with Megaman, Sonic (to my knowledge) or Pac-Man and it hasn't happened for Snake yet either.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Haven't had a Fox or Lucario pic in a while, so I'm banking on either one of them being shown in the next pic. Perhaps with more info on the Starfox Assault stage.

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
Getting the Wario GIF out once again.
For like the 90th time.

#WarioWednesday.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

...right??
...he would have teased Paper Mario being a separated series. I got that yesterday, it's actually the whole starting point of it.

Speaking of it, I'm still playing TTYD to hype myself (I mean I'm still excited to get that stage in the first place, but I'm becoming anxious about that tease honestly).

Today is...

Ah...right. Never mind then :)

I'm just going to tell what I hope:

NOT Paper Mario content (silly tease logic...),

Direct or any trailer announcement (I'm starting to loose patience on so much tease now especially for Ridley. I mean c'mon it's been almost a year everyone knows about it),

But let's hope for any stages (tough, just restrain yourself from teasing ok? There's at least 5 already now, that's enough).

And if this post is there BEFORE it released, as I just beat chapter 4 of TTYD, here's the Doopliss fight music (love the bells):

This week is so random honestly...

Last edited:

Beczam1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Beczam1290
3DS FC
1075-1410-3647
Please character reveal its been forever since we got one Ganondorf please

Last edited:

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
I think the wait between Diddy and the Smash direct was longer. Or from Sonic to Marth, or Marth to Rosalina.
It feels longer to me though. Probably because I'm spending more time here than I did back then (all I did was occasionally lurk) and because the release date is fast approaching.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
CHARACTER

PLEASE

I need something good to get me excited about. I've had a pretty bad week so far so it'd be especially nice to see something new.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Hm, I wonder if he'll keep it up by delivering the PotD a couple hours early again.

The Magic Conch said that we'll get an AT.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
I'm feeling like a new stage tonight. Probably a 3DS one (and since I'm going out on a limb, A Link Between Worlds please Sakurai ;-; )

Bendezium Dweevil

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2122-7123-8170
I predict a picture of four Miis wearing a Ridley mask, Wario hat, Chorus Men face, and K. Rool's crown. Sakurai would welcome these four to the fray and promptly hold out his popcorn to be salted on.

insomniac19

Smash Journeyman
Welp, it's already been four weeks since the last character reveal and it's been about eleven weeks since our last PotD character reveal. If we don't get a character sometime this week I doubt we'll be getting one for a while. (Unless we get a direct this month)

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I predict an announcement for a trailer that will reveal either Mewtwo, Ridley, or King K Cruel.
Just watch, it's going to happen.
*cough*

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom