• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
What comment system?

Also, I think Sakurai may be in a different country. he's been posting it closer to midnight here of the US East Coast.
I may grasp at straws, but this may implies something.

Does the JST time zone had a shift of 1 hour? If not, what country he would be considering the difference?

Remember that there's Gamescom...

Or direct (please...)

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
This Flag may seem OP (and in a way, it is), but we have seen in videos that it does take a pretty long time to use it, at least. ^^

Such early Pics. Doesn't matter to me, as I tend to Wake up right Before the pic anyways. But still nice.

Acadian Flycatcher

Smash Journeyman
Alright... So we have the hammer, Smash Ball, Pokeballs, assist trophies, dragoon, hearts, the daybreak and now the special flag... To top off this friendship breaking cake we have the biggest criminal of them all, the blue shell.

Smash 4 is confirmed to be ruining quite a few friendships this holiday season.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
So this leaves just one item from the huge E3 image dump we still have no clue on. This mysterious doodad here:

Any ideas? I'm thinking it might be for collectibles, like trophies, music, and customizable moveset bits.
Ohhhh yeahhh, that! Good memory. Yeah, I think you're exactly right. Probably won't have stickers either since I really think these games aren't going to have stickers. We would have seen em by now and they were used for Subspace anyway. I dunno, they always bothered me cause I wanted to fight but I just couldnt resist picking em up cause what if its one I dont have yet? So, kinda glad stickers are gone, they can use the time they wouldve used on stickers and make more trophies with cool descriptions!

I wonder when we'll see this... Probably the smash direct, I imagine we get another montage of items like April's that ends with the daybreak then fades to black and fades to the chest and Sakurai will say something like "There's one item we haven't touched upon yet" and then he'll have Toon Link open it and explain further, maybe I overthink these things XD

Acadian Flycatcher

Smash Journeyman
So this leaves just one item from the huge E3 image dump we still have no clue on. This mysterious doodad here:

Any ideas? I'm thinking it might be for collectibles, like trophies, music, and customizable moveset bits.
In the E3 tree house smash run videos rare items were in the chests. Special moves and player upgrades.

I'm assuming it would act like that outside of Smash Run, being a very rare item. Sort of like the CD.

Or it could be a capsule like container containing a more rare item.

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
I dont forsee a new pic. i think monday was just a start of it being posted at 12am EST. Good change. Sakurai realizes other timezones exist besides Japan's aha

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
It bothers me that Namco so far has 2 items, but as far as we know, there are no Sonic or Megaman items. Still, looks like a decent item. Sure to cause chaos in team battles.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Hm, this item doesn't seem really practical , as I really doubt you'll be able to hold it for long enough in either 1v1 or FFA.

Whatever. It's still an interesting item though.

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
Favourite new items so far:

1. Rocket Belt (It's a jetpack. 'Nuff said.)
2. Boomerang (Toss it repeatedly for ever-increasing damage? Now that's a gimmick I can get behind!)
3. Bombchu (It's like a Bob-omb that climbs up walls to sneak up on my foes, and its compact size and dark colour will make it hard to see when it's crawling around on dark-coloured floors or on ceilings. It'll take my friends weeks to learn to reliably notice and avoid it.)
4. Bullet Bill (Massive damage to everyone in front and also good for recovery!)
5. Killer Eye (A turret to increase my epic stage-controlling powers? Yes please!)
6. Pow Block (This thing is gonna be fun to camp the far side of Palutena's Temple with while hitting everyone else who are off fighting in the opposite corner of the stage.
7. Gust Bellows (Like FLUDD, but I don't have to charge and I can fire continuously while moving. And I can throw it and have it bounce in place while blasting wind everywhere to push foes back into my attacks.)
8. Master Ball (Causes mass scrambling and hype, plus there are a huge number of awesome new Pokemon in this game!)
9. Blue Shell (I can toss this and hit the opponent with the highest stocks/score from anywhere on the stage! That's mad awesome.)
10. Beetle (The ultimate humiliation in KOs.)

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
what items would they have.

A battery is void with the presence of that gary bottle
What about a Robotnik (Eggman) capsule that when the button on top is pressed, tiny animals come out and swarm your enemies? They were in the original Sonic games at least.

You know I had a weird idea for a Sonic item. It doesn't work like it does in the games but what if you could collect rings during battle, then whenever you get ko'd the rings shower outwards from where you were ko'd, hitting your enemies. So the more rings you collect the harder to dodge it becomes.

Last edited:

Smashiny

Smash Journeyman
What about a Robotnik (Eggman) capsule that when the button on top is pressed, tiny animals come out and swarm your enemies? They were in the original Sonic games at least.

You know I had a weird idea for a Sonic item. It doesn't work like it does in the games but what if you could collect rings during battle, then whenever you get ko'd the rings shower outwards from where you were ko'd, hitting your enemies. So the more rings you collect the harder to dodge it becomes.
That robotnik idea is golden :o

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Hm, this item doesn't seem really practical , as I really doubt you'll be able to hold it for long enough in either 1v1 or FFA.

Whatever. It's still an interesting item though.
That might be the item's purpose. To disrupt the match flow as everyone darts towards the item, at least the people who notice it first. Like throwing a bone in a dogfight.

Even then, people may still earn KO's while they're fighting for the S-Flag. I think it'd be funny, provided it doesn't appear too often.

spader13

Smash Journeyman
It seems like each iteration adds more items that are really important to beat your opponent to, and this item joins those ranks. It'll be interesting to see how frequent it is and how long it takes to get its benefit as it might end up being not a big deal if it's really easy to prevent a successful use.

D

Deleted member

I'm going to have a match with all items off except Bottled Fairy, Special Flag, Dragoon, Daybreak, Golden Hammer, and Smash Ball.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Thats what the s flag does

Its a extra life thing if you hold it long enough in the sky

And a point for time matches

That is the best item yet.

So i think S flag might be the rarest item spawn if a atribute like that

And i'm also pretty sure after just 1 1up/point it disapears.

Last edited:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
what items would they have.

A battery is void with the presence of that gary bottle
Well, the E-Tank should replace the Heart Container because HC isn't even a healing item to begin with, and E-Tank's much more iconic. Also, the now-completely-irrelevant Bunny Hood should be replaced by Sonic's Speed Shoes monitor, we should also get the elemental shields from Sonic & Knuckles, and maybe one or two Wisp Color Powers.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I hope this item is reasonably balanced. I loathed the heart container in the original Smash Bros because of how long it dragged out matches for (when it healed all your HP instead of 100%) and this could wind up being 10 times worse.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I hope this item is reasonably balanced. I loathed the heart container in the original Smash Bros because of how long it dragged out matches for (when it healed all your HP instead of 100%) and this could wind up being 10 times worse.
That kind of depends on how long you have to hold the thing up for, in the Pac Man trailer it seems like they were stuck in that position for quite awhile because I'm assuming if you are hit during the animation that your going to drop it.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
I wonder if the special flag will show up in classic mode and if you could, with enough determination, fight Master hand with 99 lives. There probably wouldn't be an award or anything but if those cute little accomplishments return from melee it'd be nice to have some recognition like 5000 pts titled "Time to kill" or something. Ah, I may be overthinking.

Anyway, I know I'm super duper early, but maybe tonight we could see an alternate costume. Hopefully on the Kalos League stage, I really think it may be my favorite, it's absolutely gorgeous!

I also want an explanation for the whole "just roughly" business with assist trophies on the 3DS version and Wii U version. Remember that? But I expect to have it explained in the Smash Direct.

DarkNintendo2000

Smash Rookie
NNID
Nagol200
3DS FC
1203-9221-6411
Pretty cool for the POTD on my birthday to finally have that item explained! It's gonna be super fun to scramble for it when it appears, but this probably gives the hardcore competitive fans more reason to play with items off, so whatever. Also, did CoroCoro get scanned and released yet?

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Pretty cool for the POTD on my birthday to finally have that item explained! It's gonna be super fun to scramble for it when it appears, but this probably gives the hardcore competitive fans more reason to play with items off, so whatever. Also, did CoroCoro get scanned and released yet?
It did, and it shows a grand total of nothing.
Well, there's Mii stuff but that's it

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
This item is mostly bad for bigger stages, especially palutena temple.

This will probably confuse the casuals. Well most items will lol
In what way?

Man, imagine a stock match with items on high & only the S-Flag is on.
That's actually exactly what I plan to do. On Palutena's temple. With Bowser, Villager, Megaman, and Pikachu. With no time limit. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

This item would have been hectic for that crazy match I had in Melee with friends.

Basically we played a four player 99-stock match to its completion (it was sudden death mode mind you) on Temple and it took forever. Adding this item to the fray on very high would mean we'd probably still be playing today.
In brawl, I always liked to turn the Damage Ration on to 2.0, Smart bombs only, Mushroomy kingdom, special fast light 300% flower brawl, and 99 stock. The matches literally break the game, and they don't last that long.

Last edited by a moderator:

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I definitely have to wonder what, if anything, this item will do if grabbed when the player already has 99 stock. This item will also have to be off for a lot of event matches and such as it would really break a lot of them; how would a multi-man opponent grabbing this affect things? I don't forsee interesting gameplay from the S-flag, but I do forsee interesting mechanical experiements.

Jords2Good

Smash Journeyman
The good thing about the blue shell is that you can actually dodge it so its not too bad, if anything you can use it to your advantage by dodging the blue shell above a fighter.

Good stuff. I don't really like the dragoon but the day breaker seems good.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I always kinda imagined that if we where to get a 1-up type item, that whenever you choose the stock count and you get it then it won't go higher than that.

So like if you've set the stock to 5 then it can only go up to 5 but it wouldn't go higher than that..... But I guess that's just me.... ^^;

All in all, it's a pretty neat item overall.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I dont forsee a new pic. i think monday was just a start of it being posted at 12am EST. Good change. Sakurai realizes other timezones exist besides Japan's aha
12 AM? Wow, that's incredible, even if today's picture was mediocre. Then again, it did show new info. When was the last time we actually had filler?

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
12 AM? Wow, that's incredible, even if today's picture was mediocre. Then again, it did show new info. When was the last time we actually had filler?
being as we are so close to release, i don't foresee that much filler anymore.
could be wrong.
watch it be filler tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom