• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
So thats what that bomb was bowser kicked at E3.

A new mode that combines home run contest and break the targets called target blast.

I like it alot hope to see this mode plus home run contest and break the targets in the wii u version soon.

And the last note how is this not the potd, i doubt we are getting anymore announcements this is the potd can someone explain?

And guess what character is likely for august..........li hope to see ridley confirmed at a game centered smash direct if theres more than 1 direct this month. (Or another one of those july 14th things since now hes announcing newcomers anytime now.)

Last edited:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Cool new mode!

I have a feeling we may see a Smash Direct this month. Or beginning of September before release. Maybe thats why Sakurai might not want to show off characters.

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
This is not Wario, but it's okay, I guess...

It looks a lot like Angry Birds to me. I don't mind, it's about time Nintendo used one of their ideas (not to mention very creatively as well) after Rovio made all those Mario Kart clones.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Target Blast looks to be an interesting mode to try out. Here's hoping that still have the classic Break the Targets. I wonder if all the characters will have their own Target stages like in Melee? Who knows, but I hope it does happen.

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
This is not Wario, but it's okay, I guess...

It looks a lot like Angry Birds to me. I don't mind, it's about time Nintendo used one of their ideas (not to mention very creatively as well) after Rovio made all those Mario Kart clones.
I guess when Rovio said they wanted to be the next Nintendo they meant they wanted to blatantly rip off all of their ideas and turn them into cheap mobile games. :troll:

Soul.

So thats what that bomb was bowser kicked at E3.

A new mode that combines home run contest and break the targets called target blast.

I like it alot hope to see this mode plus home run contest and break the targets in the wii u version soon.

And the last note how is this not the potd, i doubt we are getting anymore announcements this is the potd can someone explain?

And guess what character is likely for august..........li hope to see ridley confirmed at a game centered smash direct if theres more than 1 direct this month. (Or another one of those july 14th things since now hes announcing newcomers anytime now.)
If we don't get a character until the Japanese release, someone is going to leak the full roster.
What is the caption for todays pic?
Here.
"What's up with this bomb? This looks like the stadium for the Home-run Contest, but there's no bat. Once you touch the bomb, it begins to count down. Give it enough damage and launch it at the right time…then once the bomb's countdown hits zero…!!"

"...It goes BOOOOOM! Not only will the blast destroy targets, but it'll also cause a chain reaction by using shattered walls and bomb blocks--all of which contributes to you getting a high score!! This is a new activity that combines the concepts of Target Smash and the Home-run Contest--it's called Target Blast! Your final score is the total you rack up over two rounds. Of course, your Target Blast scores contribute to your Global Smash Power, too."

spader13

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure how much I'll actually end up playing this mode, since I tend to stop playing modes like Home Run Contest after I get all the unlockables from them. Still, it's great to see information on a new game mode, and it'll be fun to watch records for it on Youtube.

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
GameFAQs is about to lose its collective s***. Waluigi is one of the characters around whom many of its posters make "gimmick" accounts for spamming topics about the character on a daily basis.

Get your popcorn, everyone.
I was just going throughout he old pages.

The reaction to Waluigi's deconfirmation is the greatest moment in POTD history.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

We could still get an announcement of an upcoming trailer, y'all know, right??
That's what I've been saying too. Even if there isn't any Smash direct there's still a possibility of a livestreamed trailer ala Robin/Lucina.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shroob

Sup?
I wonder if not this week, but next week we'll get a Nintendo Direct? I know there's a Hyrule Warriors one coming this week, so I doubt they'd have a normal direct in the same week as it...

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I have a feeling next week we shall get

City Trial from Kirby's Air Ride as a Wii U stage.

Oh and Jigglypuff

Last edited:

JabbatheHutt

Once Wario is revealed next week in a surprise Trailer (god willing) I dunno what I'm gonna do.......

Sonsa

Smash Champion
I have a feeling next week we shall get

City Trial from Kirby's Air Ride as a Wii U stage.

Oh and Jigglypuff
Woah, that'd be awesome! ...buuut I can't help but feel we'll get a Kirby's Epic Yarn stage on Wii U. Maybe we could get both...? Maybe one will randomly be on 3DS for whatever reason?

Anyway yeah, there's only so many weeks left, it'd be weird seeing a veteran every week for a while, so a Smash Direct should be soonish.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Woah, that'd be awesome! ...buuut I can't help but feel we'll get a Kirby's Epic Yarn stage on Wii U. Maybe we could get both...? Maybe one will randomly be on 3DS for whatever reason?

Anyway yeah, there's only so many weeks left, it'd be weird seeing a veteran every week for a while, so a Smash Direct should be soonish.
I feel like its possible due to the fact that we haven't seen a new Kirby stage yet on either platform really. Not to mention, Sakurai is well aware of City Trial's popularity if he was willing to make an entire mode based off of it.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I would actually be VERY careful from now on any stage reveal.

I think there's a reason we seem to get a lot lately and so much are unknown: teasing.

I expect in the following week (maybe weeks if direct isn't on second week of August, but I think it will be) to get at least one tease by stage reveal.

So, just be careful for any stage reveal.

Last edited:

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
I will say something completely original, this minigame looks like Angry Birds.
I will say something, too. That I hate Angry Birds because of its lack of originality of a flash game found through the Windows 95 era. Undeserved success, really.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I will say something, too. That I hate Angry Birds because of its lack of originality of a flash game found through the Windows 95 era. Undeserved success, really.
Hydlyde came before Zelda, that doesn't mean Hydlyde's better than Zelda or Zelda's unoriginal :I

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Once Wario is revealed next week in a surprise Trailer (god willing) I dunno what I'm gonna do.......
It's fine, it's fine. Don't worry. You can simply hope Wario is part of the POTD everyday instead of hoping he's revealed.

Last edited:

Jords2Good

Smash Journeyman
So we got an angry bird type solo mode huh? I wonder if they'll bring it to WiiU version. Not like he said this is an exclusive.

Anyways, this mode will get old fast if there isn't anymore levels, so I'm hoping we get some.

But I can't see myself on it too much as much as multiman and boss battle

JabbatheHutt

Hydlyde came before Zelda, that doesn't mean Hydlyde's better than Zelda or Zelda's unoriginal :I
Hylyde came out in 1987, a year after Zelda.

Both suck anyway, imo. hate zelda aha. overrated LOTR rip off

Last edited:

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Zelda came 20 years after Hydlide? Please tell me the rich music, characters, gameplay and storyline Angry Birds has to offer :lick:

The developers rolled with it and took advantage of the mobile market at the right time. I mean if you get lucky then you do. I'm just personally sick of seeing that brand marked everywhere I go, selling more than Zelda.

I am off topic. Mods permaba--

On topic: I do not want to see an Angry Birds trophy.

Jords2Good

Smash Journeyman
Zelda came 20 years after Hydlide? Please tell me the rich music, characters, gameplay and storyline Angry Birds has to offer :lick:

The developers rolled with it and took advantage of the mobile market at the right time. I mean if you get lucky then you do. I'm just personally sick of seeing that brand marked everywhere I go, selling more than Zelda.

I am off topic. Mods permaba--

On topic: I do not want to see an Angry Birds trophy.
Well we got Rayman, so I can't say its not possible...but I agree, that will be weird

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Curious to see how this week kicks off. Hopefully it maintains the high quality that the last two weeks offered.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
It should be. If we have any pattern to follow, it's that once Sakurai reveals another playable character, the fillers begin again.

We haven't had a character reveal recently, soooooo, I wouldn't worry.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I'm hoping for a great picture
Just like the one we got Tuesday
Where Sakurai explains
And no one complains
Instead, people shout hurray!

Status