• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
If we don't get a character, I wouldn't be too upset, simply because I know we'll be getting a good week. We have been getting a really awesome couple of weeks. I'm proud of Sakurai.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Zelda came 20 years after Hydlide? Please tell me the rich music, characters, gameplay and storyline Angry Birds has to offer :lick:

The developers rolled with it and took advantage of the mobile market at the right time. I mean if you get lucky then you do. I'm just personally sick of seeing that brand marked everywhere I go, selling more than Zelda.

I am off topic. Mods permaba--

On topic: I do not want to see an Angry Birds trophy.
I know it's shameful how those people sell more than real games.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
I'm hopping Sakurai says something about the Hyrule Warriors Direct! We need a Zelda newcomer!

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Yeah if Sakurai mentions to tune into the Direct, I think it's a confirmation of a Zelda character or two being revealed. Other games don't seem to get mentioned unless there is something related to Smash.

I hope so for tonight. We might even get a veteran tonight and a new character tomorrow if we're lucky.

Last edited:

Soul.

We're obviously getting a Wii U PotD, but the question is: What is it? Will it be a filler?

Last edited:

spader13

Smash Journeyman
I'm not expecting to get anything for Smash in this Direct, but I wouldn't mind Sakurai giving us something Zelda related for the PotD either today or tomorrow to go along with it. Finally getting Ganondorf would be really nice, although I expect we won't see him until after release.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I'm not expecting to get anything for Smash in this Direct, but I wouldn't mind Sakurai giving us something Zelda related for the PotD either today or tomorrow to go along with it. Finally getting Ganondorf would be really nice, although I expect we won't see him until after release.
I really doubt we'll get any Smash news in the direct, it'd interfere with the hype for Hyrule Warriors.

Waluridleykryrool

Smash Journeyman
Hyrule warriors direct may very well show off all the playable villains perhaps smash will follow suit at the end?

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Hyrule warriors direct may very well show off all the playable villains perhaps smash will follow suit at the end?
That would be a dream come true. Like how they did with Palutena during E3's press conference.

Have we had directs that were specific in a game (not Smash) that revealed a character at the end?

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
We're getting birthday party hat Pikachu, to celebrate Sakurai's birthday tonight.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
People seem to think that if it's not a character or stage, it's a filler.

An example of a filler is Luigi pulling his nose or Rosalina posing in her sleep. I can't say we've been getting too many of those.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I hoped Ganonorf comes with his brand new move set that will shock us all, and then I will main him along with Link and Rosalina.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
I hoped Ganonorf comes with his brand new move set that will shock us all, and then I will main him along with Link and Rosalina.
You mean like how Ganondorf will be updated for Smash 4 and Toon Ganondorf with duel swords will take up another slot allowing both play styles as well as art styles?? I love that idea! I think it's fantastic. :love:

{edit} For real, though... if it was just Wind Waker Ganondorf, I'm more than happy for that. I've wanted him in Brawl. I envision him to still be a heavy character with the balance of swift swordplay and kicks to make up for it. Pretty balanced to me. Dual wielding Ike on crack.

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
You mean like how Ganondorf will be updated for Smash 4 and Toon Ganondorf with duel swords will take up another slot allowing both play styles as well as art styles?? I love that idea! I think it's fantastic. :love:
I am fine with either. I just don't want a single Ganondorf that copies a bounty hunter from the future that races on vehicles that float.
Soooo... Wario wonday?
no..... This is Ganondorf's time to shine!

Last edited:

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
There was a Pokemon that caused tripping in the Comic Con footage

I want a few pictures of characters tripping. Because I'm just the devil's little advocate

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
There was a Pokemon that caused tripping in the Comic Con footage

I want a few pictures of characters tripping. Because I'm just the devil's little advocate
I believe Inkay, right? That's the best Poke Ball, nothing can beat it. :laugh:

Predicting alternate palette or costume. Usually wrong.

D

Deleted member

Soooo... Wario wonday?
Dammit, you beat me to it.

I LOL at the thought we're getting a reveal for the Hyrule Warriors Direct.
Don't you people learn? When have we ever got a reveal in a Direct for a specific game/franchise (other than the Smash Direct, wise guys)?

Last edited by a moderator:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'm down hardcore for Ganonday, but I'm also hoping he's been at least slightly revamped and will appear in a trailer, so maybe it's better we don't see him right now.

...So about that WarioWonday.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
I feel like its possible due to the fact that we haven't seen a new Kirby stage yet on either platform really. Not to mention, Sakurai is well aware of City Trial's popularity if he was willing to make an entire mode based off of it.
Well I'm just worried that a possible City Trial stage might be competing with not only Epic Yarn but also Return to Dreamland and Mass Attack. Triple Deluxe might be too recent, though, Lost World has a stage and those games were made and released roughly the same time if I remember correctly? I'd love a City Trial stage, but I'm worried it's missed its chance...maybe as a DLC stage? Ya know what though! This just gave me the idea for City Trial's music to appear in Smash Run, oh I hope so!

Anyway, today's pic. Umm...maybe a final smash we haven't seen yet? Maybe a Wii U pic showing off an alternate costume in HD?

So close to the 3DS release date, I can only see Wii U pics showing off things in both versions. Especially alt. costumes, cause you'd want to show them off in high quality. Also items. The only updates I don't think we'll see till release is new Wii U stages. Or we might see a few in an upcoming direct or just cause.

Last edited:

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
I could see one of these Pics being about a special pre-release DRM meant to prevent spoilers before release date. It checks to see if it's the intended release date yet. If it is not yet release date, you are not able to unlock any content beyond what is there from the start. After it checks that, indeed, it is past release date it allows you to unlock content. After that point the DRM shuts off and becomes dead code that affects the game in no way.

It's illustrated by the warning message telling you this is what's happening.

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
I can see people are already preparing for the worst...
Although deconfirmations are a tad annoying, I'm glad we don't get the game with high hopes of a certain character that actually isn't there.

Also, it's shuts up some annoying people...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom