• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Did anyone notice that Sakurai didn't say "Pic of the day"? Might be a filler pic.

Target Blast looks cool though.
Welp, looks like this ride ain't over yet.

Time to sit down and wait until 5 in the morning. (at least for me)

domokl

Smash Lord
oh great are we getting on the lets wait all night to see if sakurai annoces there will be a new character annouced train again? we all know how that ended last time

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
I get off the tears of those who complain about "character droughts".

You are not alone.
As far as character droughts go, this is nothing compared to March, when everyone was freaking out when Yoshi wasn't revealed.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
As far as character droughts go, this is nothing compared to March, when everyone was freaking out when Yoshi wasn't revealed.
Ah, yes. That was one of my favorite moments during Sm4sh hype, no kidding.

I was literally playing this when I read the comments after the pic's reveal (the Tomodachi stage).

Last edited:

Soul.

Target Blast? That's cool, I guess. It's a mix of Target Test and Home-Run Contest, just that it's with a bomb this time.
I would like to point out that if we don't get veteran characters on the following weeks until the Japanese release, someone will eventually leak the full roster. Just saying.

tsvlink25

Smash Apprentice
NNID
tsvlink25
3DS FC
1719-3628-9238
Target Blast...It seems pretty cool. I wonder how complicated/complex the layout of walls and targets will become.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Although I haven't personally played Angry Birds...

It would seem that the size of the bomb and the angle it travels in are all character related (how much damage you can do it in a specific time/angle of trajectory your moves send things) as well as skill related. I would say just based off that, there will be a lot of variation/strategies/depth to it.

It hasn't specified if it's a single player mode or multiplayer either. Good chance it can be played in pairs based off what we got in Brawl, and maybe, just maybe, even four player availability for them (if sakurai's going to keep pushing boundaries in the mini-game department, which he's all but directly doing).

Also a chance just like other target modes, they'll have multiple different variations (stages).

Last edited:

UnownLegend

Smash Apprentice
NNID
UnownLegend
Btw based onsakurais description, this mode is angry birds smash bros edition

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
HUGE DISCONFIRM!

Break the Targets and Home-Run contest disconfirmed.
Now they are combined.

:troll:
I win.

well wednesday and thursday were wrong....so no (the stage was cool but it wasnt hype and there was no character disconfirmed)
You must be fun at parties. :p
Both days were correct as far as my prediction is concerned, thank you very much.

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
Target Blast huh. Neato. That explains Bowser drop-kicking that bomb from the 3DS teaser trailer some time ago. When will he tell us what that linear selection screen is, I'm super curious about that. Anywho, this is the best week we've had in some time, and the info just keeps on rolling out. The hype continues to build, this game just can't come out soon enough.

juddy96

Smash Lord
HUGE DISCONFIRM!

Break the Targets and Home-Run contest disconfirmed.
Now they are combined.

:troll:
I win.

You must be fun at parties. :p
Both days were correct as far as my prediction is concerned, thank you very much.
Wrong. Home Run Contest is still in from the E3 3DS modes video.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Target Blast...huh. Wasn't expecting a veteran and this isn't filler but this is gonna go with HRC as something I almost never touch and maybe BtT too. I'll play them to unlock stuff since that'll probably be a thing but after that I won't touch any of them (unless BtT is character specific so I have more than 5 damn choices!)

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Remember, people, it is still possible Sakurai will make a second post about a 'Newcomer video I wanna reveal for some reason!'. On Monday, like last time. In a certian Zelda Direct.

:p

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
I wonder why Sakurai didn't say Pic of the Day. Typo? Didn't feel like it? The only other time this happened without good reason was the picture the day after Diddy got revealed. Nothing special happened then, so don't expect anything special to happen now.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I doubt that but we'll see. ;)
I doubt it as well. But! Since there MAY not be a 'normal' Direct this month, thanks to Hyrule Warriors, I COULD see Sakurai wanting to show a character there. I mean, for whatever reason, he seems eager to show characters suddenly.

But we'll see. ^^ Either way, I'm good. Just thought it would be a shame to NOT reveal Ridley in the perfect Month for it.
... Ridley in a Zelda Direct makes sense.

KERO

Smash Journeyman
I wonder why Sakurai didn't say Pic of the Day. Typo? Didn't feel like it? The only other time this happened without good reason was the picture the day after Diddy got revealed. Nothing special happened then, so don't expect anything special to happen now.
The twin rocketbarrels post? It's only absent in the English post for some reason. The Japanese post still begins with it. In this case, it's absent from both. If it's just Sakurai being absentminded, then whatever. I already have the HW Direct to look forward to, so if anything special happened today, it'd be just a nice bonus.

Last edited:

QJD1381

Smash Apprentice
Angry Smash confirmed!

* DK punches a Koopa Troopa through the floor *

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Home-Run Contest and Target Smash mixed up into one new game mode that is reminiscent of Angry Birds... Interesting.

Overall, it was a great week. The only complaint one could have about this week is the Takamaru Assist Trophy... At least, he is in the game, I suppose.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I don't know if this has been said already, but it bears some similarities to Angry Birds. lol

I spend a lot of time in the 1P modes so this is good stuff.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Well that's a way to end with a disappointingly small bang. For me, anyway.

Sounds like this mode could be fun, but right now, it's just whatever.

Wake me up when it's Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom