• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoshiSonic

Smash Ace
He steals the D.

As fo what is under, hold on tomorrow I have access to free look on dolphin (seriously you find weird stuf with this like my avatar is best example, and peach not being naked while she take her shower).
Guess we're both wrong :( Wiki says he steals the P..

Still the whole identity case Doopliss pulled was fantastic looking back. This gets me so hyped for some more Paper Mario content.

Now I believe even more that Paper Mario could be a thing in Smash bros. You got my support.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Yeah, Dream Land has wind in Melee. The Blooper could be a problem, but I don't think anyone will go after it. The ship is probably something to waste time until it returns to the first part of the stage.
Not like it matters, the stage has huge potential to be a legal one, especially on the 3DS since it has less neutral stages right now.
By my count we're about at parity between the two game in terms of really solid looking stages with Wii U having a one stage lead:

Wii U: Battlefield, Final Destination, Skyloft, Pilotwings, Mushroom Kingdom U, Halberd, Town and City
3DS: Battlefield, Final Destination, Prism Tower, Rainbow Road, Tortimer's Island, Arena Ferox

Then when we get into stages we know less about but seem to be overall in the "very good candidate" territory, 3DS goes up a stage with the addition of Paper Mario.

Wii U: Great Fox, Pokemon League
3DS: Tomodachi Life, Paper Mario, Jungle Japes, Pac-Maze

I don't even want to write off the oher stages, but these stages are all the ones that have really caught my interest as good legal candidate stages that will be broadly agreeable to most people. You'll notice both of my lists are exactly half of the stages per version we know about so far (9/18 for Wii U; 10/20 for 3DS); I think we're in pretty good shape to be able to make good stage lists with nice, double digit legal stages on both versions, and I want every legal stage legal for game one when I say that to be clear. I'm actually just waiting for our next big info dump on the game to make a thread going really into this sort of thing; I've been thinking a lot about what we have seen from stages and what I think is going to work in terms of stage legality. Of course, awesome updates like today's only help that!

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Hmm, on one hand, I will be purchasing both versions of the game and am glad this stage looks so interesting.

On the other hand, I am a bit upset that this stage will likely only be on the 3DS version of Smash Bros, because that means the Paper Mario may be limited to just two songs.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I was gone to eat my lunch... Now I came back and died of happiness.

YES YES YES YES YES YES.

At last, I see something from the Thousand Year Door! This day will be one worth remembering.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Hmm, on one hand, I will be purchasing both versions of the game and am glad this stage looks so interesting.

On the other hand, I am a bit upset that this stage will likely only be on the 3DS version of Smash Bros, because that means the Paper Mario may be limited to just two songs.
I am just glad the stage is present in the only version I care about. :dr^_^:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Do you think this stage raises Paper Mario's chances?
Can't explain because of hype but I can tell you one thing: YES and it's finally legit for me to have an evidence.

Since I kept joking about straws :)

Best PotD in a while.
@ aldelaro5 aldelaro5 are you going to make it? :laugh:
Don't worry guys, it's ok but that reaction when it got released though... I couldn't believe my alert counter.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Im happy for the fans of paper mario, but ive never really gotten into the series or been a huge fan of it myself (i enjoy the mario and luigi RPG's more myself). It looks pretty cool though, kinda sucks that the limit of the 3DS stages only having 2 songs might keep a lot of good music out though, unless they go for a medley of sorts.

Weve got a slew of mario stages at this point though

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That's a very generic statement and could be said with every charac- wait, maybe?...uh..

Ok, I really don't get what your trying to say.....moving on....
I'm saying paper mario is a mario game

and a stage from it doesn't point to a newcomer

because mario is in the game

D

Deleted member

It's a bit of a shame that, as it is a 3DS stage, it will only have 2 tracks from the Papper Mario series. *sigh*

Reila

It's a bit of a shame that, as it is a 3DS stage, it will only have 2 tracks from the Papper Mario series. *sigh*
Yes, lets always focus on the negative aspect of something. Lets ignore the fact that the stage is gorgeous and will look EVEN better in 3D.

(Stages in Melee don't have lots of musics and I don't see no one complaining)

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
About the music, it'll only have two tracks on the 3DS version, but there's nothing stopping a ton more from appearing on the Wii U even if there isn't a Paper Mario stage on it.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
A Paper Mario stage? At last! Shame it isn't the Battle Theater though. :( Of all the places...

Wait, does that mean the 3DS version has 4 Mario stages while the Wii U only has 2 now?

Looks like Sakurai likes to balance his stages like he balances his competitive play. Amirite? :dazwa:

Reila

A Paper Mario stage? At last! Shame it isn't the Battle Theater though. :( Of all the places...

Wait, does that mean the 3DS version has 4 Mario stages while the Wii U only has 2 now?

Looks like Sakurai likes to balance his stages like he balances his competitive play. Amirite? :dazwa:
Or maybe it means two of the Mario Wii U stages weren't announced yet? Goddammit.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I don't worry about music because at least one is Paper Mario related.

With that, I'm going to sleep. Here's the latest screen cap I got:

I will keep this pic forever. Today was really unexpected that it would turn put to be my best as an ssb4 speculator. I just want to remind you that this will mean that you should expect other mind blown like this for other series. I'm now CONVINCED that the reppong is a lot, A LOT more broader and that just make this game even more awesome.

I'll get another pic before I check them so it will be over 200.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
I don't worry about music because at least one is Paper Mario related.

With that, I'm going to sleep. Here's the latest screen cap I got:

I will keep this pic forever. Today was really unexpected that it would turn put to be my best as an ssb4 speculator. I just want to remind you that this will mean that you should expect other mind blown like this for other series. I'm now CONVINCED that the reppong is a lot, A LOT more broader and that just make this game even more awesome.

I'll get another pic before I check them so it will be over 200.
Wow, 199 people waiting to lick tears (of joy) off of you. If you open that popup your tears will be dried up FAST. You will not have any more tears to shed on Paper Mario's confirmarion/disconfirmation. :troll:

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
A Paper Mario stage? That was unexpected.

It's rather interesting that it is a stage based on several games at once. Those are uncommon in Smash.

Well this may give us a chance to hear some Yuka Tsujiyoko! I love me some Yuka Tsujiyoko.

Even though she didn't compose the last two Paper Mario games...
You have already heard her music in Smash since she also composes for the Fire Emblem series, also by Intelligent Systems.

Last edited:

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
Hoping for Paper Mario and Super Paper Mario locales to appear as well! I would love to battle in Flower Fields.

Aduross

Smash Apprentice
Paper Mario and Thousand Year Door are two of my favorite games of all time so, as you can imagine, I'm pleased! :estatic: A little sad it's not on the Wii U, but I'm glad to see the series repped and hopefully we'll get some music. I'd love to see content from the other Mario RPGs as well. :b:

I'm guessing one version of the stage for each game? The wind mill for Sticker Star, and the SS Flavion for TTYD. I thought Flavio was hilarious and Bobbery is one of my favorite partners, so that choice works for me. For Paper Mario I'd like to see Boo Mansion, or Bower's Castle, or maybe Star Haven? Shy Guy's Toybox would be neat, too. Just too many memorable locations. I never finished Super Paper Mario, but I recall some interesting areas in that game. The "retro" area with the odd otaku chameleon would be neat. The way the stage transitions with wind blowing the paper away is very clever and true to the series. Here's hoping for some awesome tracks as well!

I'm very doubtful this means anything for Paper Mario as a character. Though now that I'm thinking about it, he'd actually probably have a pretty nifty moveset with all his partners and paper gimmicks. :laugh:

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I wanna see Shooting Star Summit and Castle Bleck appear in the Paper Mario stage. :x

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Wowzer, seven straight days of new info. We're in fora treat the next few weeks, everyone!

So, 3DS has 4 Mario stages. Can we get anything else for the Wii U? Im gonna guess another Mario Kart stage, Bowsers Castle, or a return of Isle Delfino/Luigi's Mansion.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Wowzer, seven straight days of new info. We're in fora treat the next few weeks, everyone!

So, 3DS has 4 Mario stages. Can we get anything else for the Wii U? Im gonna guess another Mario Kart stage, Bowsers Castle, or a return of Isle Delfino/Luigi's Mansion.
I would love a Bowsers Castle stage.

Alternatively, I'd also like this for a Bowser stage on the Wii U:

...But that's because I like Paper Mario 64 a lot. It's a bit on the flat side (which isn't bad to me, but is for other people).

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman
People are jumping to the conclusion that Paper Mario will be included as a newcomer . . .

But you know who was also in Paper Mario . . .

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
People are jumping to the conclusion that Paper Mario will be included as a newcomer . . .

But you know who was also in Paper Mario . . .

You know who else?

and
Mr. L [alt skin] and Dimentio.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom