• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I want Paper Mario in... but I think this actually lessens his chances of actually becoming playable.

Why would they reveal his stage before the character himself? It doesn't make much sense as it would kinda make the reveal less exciting.
Although I don't want Paper Mario as a character (mixed reactions to it to be honest), like MorbidAltruism, it's nice to see a stage related to the series get confirmed for Smash. Yeah, this actually lessens his chances at becoming playable. It's like Rayman, really. I agree with you though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
This is Mushroom Kingdom U for the 3DS. Mushroom Kingdom U was already an amazing stage; 3DS just got another very strong legal candidate that has a good potential to be an extremely fun and strategically interesting stage too. This was an incredible update.
Isn't that Golden Plains with the coins the "Mushroom Kingdom U" for 3DS. Based on that they're both from the NSMB series. Or did you mean the transformation thing in general?

Soul.

This is Mushroom Kingdom U for the 3DS. Mushroom Kingdom U was already an amazing stage; 3DS just got another very strong legal candidate that has a good potential to be an extremely fun and strategically interesting stage too. This was an incredible update.
I agree with you, it has the potential to be legal. One question, though, if the wind causes some problems with the stage, would it still be legal?

domokl

Smash Lord
Since like 9 people quoted me i'll just answer here
I see your point and it is valid, but with those almost all of them (besides Mac, but his stage was shown as a different stage) had existing reps in that franchise prior to that stage reveal, most of whom didn't have a stage rep yet. (Pit, Marth, Mario had some but he always gets a ton). While Paper Mario is close to the regular Mario world I feel its more of a Wario/Yoshi type situation.

I think of it this way, if the Wii Fit stage was reveal before the Trainer.. would you be that shocked to see her? Knowing she already had some representation in the game?
macs was still obviously his stage so really its makes sense. plus waluigi and ashley before wario

Morbi

Scavenger
Since like 9 people quoted me i'll just answer here
I see your point and it is valid, but with those almost all of them (besides Mac, but his stage was shown as a different stage) had existing reps in that franchise prior to that stage reveal, most of whom didn't have a stage rep yet. (Pit, Marth, Mario had some but he always gets a ton). While Paper Mario is close to the regular Mario world I feel its more of a Wario/Yoshi type situation.

I think of it this way, if the Wii Fit stage was reveal before the Trainer.. would you be that shocked to see her? Knowing she already had some representation in the game?
And the plot thickens! I agree though, prior representation of most of those games ensured that most people did not "read" into the reveals too much. Aside from Little Mac, Sakurai was aware of this notion, so he decided to make it both a Smash original and a Punch Out!! stage to deceive us.

Regardless, it is great that so many people are happy. I already had my moment with Robin and Lucina... so I know how it feels, the only difference? Those characters are playable.
#shotsfired

tippy

Smash Apprentice
Oh ****, there's a Thousand Year Door component to it too? That's awesome.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
There's actually a glitch in TTYD when flavio follows you everywhere (even the credits).

I just found something that is worthy to point that out because I know a certain speedruner stream will have his chat spammed of flavio joke.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
This is ****ing beautiful. 3DS version keeps delivering in the gorgeous stages department.

I think this also confirms Pirate Ship isn't coming back for the 3DS version (it wouldn't even make sense, since WW is for consoles).

Also, hopefully this song plays in the stage:

elephant13

Smash Apprentice
macs was still obviously his stage so really its makes sense. plus waluigi and ashley before wario
Well I see where you're getting at but its clearer to see that now after we already know how it was planned and Wario is a vet so its a bit different. Moreso a vet who nobody was expecting him to be cut, everybody figures he'll be back before we saw those.

YoshiSonic

Smash Ace
This brings back the TTYD nostalgia.

Remember when you first played through that game? Who else got the spooks in Chapter 4: Twilight Town? Geez.

I remember the nightmares..

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Wii U Paper Mario Stage deconfirmed? :(
Not yet. My best bet is the Theater Stage from Thousand Year Door. Even have the audience participate based on performance.
Or something from Super Paper Mario. I dunno... Haven't played that one yet...

RedCap-BlueSpikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedCapBlueSpikes
Wow, this stage looks stunning. Absolutely cannot wait to play on this stage! I wonder how many more transformations it'll have...?

Reila

As a fan of Super Mario Sunshine, I am really glad to see Gooper Blooper appearing in a Smash stage

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
Wonder if the Wii U version will have four new Mario stages as well. Maybe a Mario Kart Stadium or Rainbow Road?

Lol what if there's a Mario & Sonic and the Olympic Games stage...hahahahaha.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
This brings back the TTYD nostalgia.

Remember when you first played through that game? Who else got the spooks in Chapter 4: Twilight Town? Geez.

I remember the nightmares..
I found this ch genius. Trying to fool you by sounding way too short and simple to then fake save and to freeze the camera... I tough my game was froxen. After, using backtracking as immersive manners was very interesting. Yiu keep panicked for long time and you're even stuck there.

The whole game amazed me.

Morbi

Scavenger
Wow, this stage looks stunning. Absolutely cannot wait to play on this stage! I wonder how many more transformations it'll have...?
I suppose it depends on whether or not the stage is like Delfino Plaza/Skyloft or Castle Siege. I assume it is more like Castle Siege with the transitions and whatnot, so at the very least: 3.

I would expect more if it was a traveling stage. I am not sure if there was another transition stage to draw precedent from, perhaps Flatzone (2) which had 4?

Last edited:

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
Sakurai is actually making me.......WANT TO ACTUALLY FINISH STICKER STAR?! This man has taken over my emotions. I don't know if I like it :S

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
The Great Fox, remember? Sure... we did not get a picture of the stage, but close enough.
But does it really count as a new stage. Sakurai's comment about it makes it seem like its just a reskin of Melee's Corneria stage, which is a revamp of the SB64 Star Fox Stage.

Reila

If there is a TTYD stage for the Wii U version, Doopliss and Vivian better appear on the background. Doopliss could even be a hazard, who "transforms" in one random player character or something. Macho Grubba could be an interesting hazard as well. Hmm...

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
Yeah if there's a Paper Mario stage for the Wii U version I pretty much want to see all the partners and some main baddies.

Oh yeah, and the audience needs to throw things too.

And there needs to be stage hazards. Like basins and water and fire and fog and falling backgrounds and such.

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
After seeing TTYD accompanying Sticker Star, I'd assume the other two Paper Mario games get a transformation too, making it a total of four. Maybe a fifth generic battle/theater stage one to top it all off.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I'm so mad that MKU is probably getting banned because of Nabbit and the Urchins. Probably the 3DS version will have hazards to like the blooper tentacles.
We don't have to accept a ban for bad reasons like that, and we shouldn't. The stage gives big tells for everything, and while we don't know Nabbit's exact mechanics, we do know he's attackable and hence probably not very dangerous. The hazards are trivial, and the overall good qualities of the stage are gargantuan. I don't want to be defined as a stage warrior all over again like I was with Brawl, but seriously, Mushroom Kingdom U is probably the best stage in series history which I say with the confidence of experience playing on it. I plan to fight for it if necessary, and if this new stage turned out to be as awesome as it is (which we won't know until the game comes out and we see it in action), it too will be the kind of stage I'm not going to let go down without a big fight.

Isn't that Golden Plains with the coins the "Mushroom Kingdom U" for 3DS. Based on that they're both from the NSMB series. Or did you mean the transformation thing in general?
I just mean based on the (awesome) transformation mechanics. Then both being Mario stages is pretty cool though!

I agree with you, it has the potential to be legal. One question, though, if the wind causes some problems with the stage, would it still be legal?
I mean, any number of problems could exist which we'll have to wait and see about, but I'm not worried about wind. Consider that Dreamland has wind in Melee, and no one really complains about it at all.

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
Well this may give us a chance to hear some Yuka Tsujiyoko! I love me some Yuka Tsujiyoko.

Even though she didn't compose the last two Paper Mario games...

Last edited:

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
Wait. There's a Paper Mario Stage?! Wow... This is unexpected, to say the least. The Thousand Year Door is one of my all time favorite games so. I'm excited, to say the least. I'm honestly kind of at a loss for words...

Reila

Well this may give us a chance to hear some Yuka Tsujiyoko! I love me some Yuka Tsujiyoko.
Funny of you to say that, because the main reason I want a Dream Team stage is because I love the series I want some Yoko Shimomura music in Smash.

I mean, who DOESN'T?

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
Funny of you to say that, because the main reason I want a Dream Team stage is because I love the series I want some Yoko Shimomura music in Smash.

I mean, who DOESN'T?

Oh yeah, she rocks too! Not as familiar with her music but I love her work in Partners in Time.

Also she arranged the Dedede Theme in Brawl. No wonder it's so good.

Last edited:

Soul.

I mean, any number of problems could exist which we'll have to wait and see about, but I'm not worried about wind. Consider that Dreamland has wind in Melee, and no one really complains about it at all.
Yeah, Dream Land has wind in Melee. The Blooper could be a problem, but I don't think anyone will go after it. The ship is probably something to waste time until it returns to the first part of the stage.
Not like it matters, the stage has huge potential to be a legal one, especially on the 3DS since it has less neutral stages right now.

YoshiSonic

Smash Ace
I found this ch genius. Trying to fool you by sounding way too short and simple to then fake save and to freeze the camera... I tough my game was froxen. After, using backtracking as immersive manners was very interesting. Yiu keep panicked for long time and you're even stuck there.

The whole game amazed me.
Oh lord, I tried to complete that stage so fast it wasn't even funny. And back tracking through the forest, in that creepy music..those terrible horrifying memories..

Doopliss was the only thing that would comfort me, that boss was great and way less creepy than the chapter implied. Loved his design as well. (And how he actually took the "S" so you can't cheat the password was original and impressive, such a great game)

Still wondering what's under those bed sheets, lawl. Or it's a ghost pretending that it's a ghost, ghost ception.

Or it could be Spongebob and Patrick again, :denzel:

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Oh lord, I tried to complete that stage so fast it wasn't even funny. And back tracking through the forest, in that creepy music..those terrible horrifying memories..

Doopliss was the only thing that would comfort me, that boss was great and way less creepy than the chapter implied. Loved his design as well. (And how he actually took the "S" so you can't cheat the password was original and impressive, such a great game)

Still wondering what's under those bed sheets, lawl. Or it's a ghost pretending that it's a ghost, ghost ception.

Or it could be Spongebob and Patrick again, :denzel:

He steals the D.

As fo what is under, hold on tomorrow I have access to free look on dolphin (seriously you find weird stuf with this like my avatar is best example, and peach not being naked while she take her shower).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom