• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
@ aldelaro5 aldelaro5

Still waiting on what rating you give this POTD...

"Good!", "Great!", "Excellent!"? :denzel:
I was not going to rate (I hate arbitrary numbers and how I see rating not representative of what people actually think).

But I may rate here even tough i still can't rate chances now. How can I do this in one day?

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
you cannot understand.

Maybe you would if you know what I did on TTYD to simply got addicted and becoming my second favourite game of all time (first is impossible to change since it's my foundation: SSBM).

I spent 6 months of glotch hunting and some moment was really tedious and my love for this game pushed me a lot further that what you can imagine.

So, was upset with brawl, getting my hope now because it seemed to improve and finally getting basically 10 times what I wanted as minimum.

My reaction is perfectly founded.
Haha, just reading this I can feel your hands jittering as you typed it.

elephant13

Smash Apprentice
I want Paper Mario in... but I think this actually lessens his chances of actually becoming playable.

Why would they reveal his stage before the character himself? It doesn't make much sense as it would kinda make the reveal less exciting.

Shroob

Sup?
I want Paper Mario in... but I think this actually lessens his chances of actually becoming playable.

Why would they reveal his stage before the character himself? It doesn't make much sense as it would kinda make the reveal less exciting.
To be fair, they did they same thing with Rosalina and, to a lesser extent, Mac.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
How could a stage fill me with such joy?
I thought I recognized that ship. I even knew it by name.
But I thought I was just crazy! This was a Sticker Star stage, after all!
Saved by the caption.
You...you...Sakurai...you devil. My favorite single player campaign of all time has a stage?

I'm crying tears of joy

Last edited:

domokl

Smash Lord

little mac and rosalina say hi

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII

Galaxy stage before Rosalina
Palutena's Temple before Palutena
Boxing Ring before Little Mac

Plain Yogurt

Smash Ace
you cannot understand.

Maybe you would if you know what I did on TTYD to simply got addicted and becoming my second favourite game of all time (first is impossible to change since it's my foundation: SSBM).

I spent 6 months of glotch hunting and some moment was really tedious and my love for this game pushed me a lot further that what you can imagine.

So, was upset with brawl, getting my hope now because it seemed to improve and finally getting basically 10 times what I wanted as minimum.

My reaction is perfectly founded.
Naw man I meant the series you're supporting so hard just got a gold mine of an update, so it's like a big huge birthday gift! I mean, I figured it probably isn't your birthday today, but it might as well be with how big this is for you. Of course your reaction is founded!

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Sweet. I wonder if the characters turn flat like Game & Watch, but like Paper.

Kind of mad that this stage isn't for Wii U because I can't imagine the beauty of it.

Morbi

Scavenger
Oh? Why is that ("fortunately"), if you don't mind me asking?
I am not a big fan of Paper Mario; in fact, I would hate to say it, but I actually quite dislike the series in the Smash context. It is one of my inherent biases. I do not want Paper Mario as a playable character and a Wii U stage would actually help his chances (two Paper Mario stages in general), so it is fortunate that this stage will be somewhat of an amalgamation stage as that negates the necessity for another stage.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180

Mario Galaxy stage was revealed before Rosalina was iirc, same goes for the Boxing Ring and Little Mac although what you say could still be true.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Stages revealed before the characters...

Mario Galaxy - Rosalina
Colisseum - Robin/Lucina
Pyrosphere - Ridley?
Boxing Ring - Little Mac
Find Mii - Mii
Tomodachi - Mii
Palutena's Temple - Palutena
PAPER MARIO STAGE - ?????????????????????????????????????

Last edited:

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces

They did that for Little Mac and Rosalina...

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord

They did reveal Boxing Ring and Palutena's Temple before their characters.

Edit: Double Greninja'd.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I love this idea, and this stage. Sakurai is pretty clever, to make this a transitional stage. When I saw the first pic I was happy but... it's not really a well known location. But there'll be a few places we stop off at!

I don't think it does much for Paper Mario's chances but... it does something, right? Three Mario stages? If Paper Mario is it's own series...

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
Ah, so its transitional, and covers multiple Paper Mario games. What a way to make a series debut in Smash! Incredible!

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I am not a big fan of Paper Mario; in fact, I would hate to say it, but I actually quite dislike the series in the Smash context. It is one of my inherent biases. I do not want Paper Mario as a playable character and a Wii U stage would actually help his chances (two Paper Mario stages in general), so it is fortunate that this stage will be somewhat of an amalgamation stage as that negates the necessity for another stage.
Fair enough.

I'm probably going to be hyped about this and any other possible representation of Paper Mario for the next couple months though, I hope you don't mind. I understand if you cease liking all my posts constantly. :troll:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Aww~ It makes me happy to see y'all so happy. Congrats on Paper Mario representation! And congrats to everybody, cause that stage looks fun!
Alright, well, at this rate I kind of expect an alternate costume being shown off on the new Star Fox stage to simultaneously give us a better idea of where we fight on it. And maybe this Friday is our veteran? August 1st? Do any anniversaries or games revolve around that day...?

If he were in, I'd expect him to be secret and unlockable, therefore this could just be the stage we fight him on. I don't know if I expect him, but... I guess I do more than I did before. I'll might check out the Paper Mario thread just to get a better idea of what might maybe happen...

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger

Mario Galaxy - Rosalina
Colisseum - Robin/Lucina
Pyrosphere - Ridley?
Boxing Ring - Little Mac
Find Mii - Mii
Tomodachi - Mii
Arena Ferox would probably be the more ideal Fire Emblem example.

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
I CANT EVEN BREATHE I...I...I THINK I WANT TO PAY SAKURAI FOR THE GAME IN PERSON JUST FOR THIS STAGE! Traveling stages (my favorite kind) + Paper Mario stuff (my favorite series alongside smash) = Me Happy Now

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Ok if you really want to know why I'm reacting so much for one stage, I did last week my memories on TTYD. You can read them here but warning, it's very long.

http://smashboards.com/threads/infi...nfirmed-as-stage.324473/page-18#post-17133237

You might even think I'm crazy, but it;s not me but my love for TTYD.

Really, it's like getting what I wanted since a year and a half, this series and TTYD getting recognised and love being shared.

Tbh, just Sakurai mentioning the name of the game in the caption, JUST that would be hype.

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
How can I do this in one day?

Mario Galaxy - Rosalina
Colisseum - Robin/Lucina
Pyrosphere - Ridley?
Boxing Ring - Little Mac
Find Mii - Mii
Tomodachi - Mii
On top of that Ashley and Waluigi with the Wario emblem were revealed before Wario.

Any sense you can make of Sakurai is only coincidental. he has no pattern.

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Sakurai didn't say this was a 3DS exclusive right? Just imagine this on Wii U....aaaaugh.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
*crosses fingers*
Please let either Paper Mario or Dimentio be playable. Or even as as assist trophies.

I will cry tears of joy, more joyful than any ToasterBrains has ever cried before.

Last edited:

domokl

Smash Lord
he makes it sound like paper mario is a different series in smash which makes sense

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
Ok if you really want to know why I'm reacting so much for one stage, I did last week my memories on TTYD. You can read them here but warning, it's very long.

http://smashboards.com/threads/infi...nfirmed-as-stage.324473/page-18#post-17133237

You might even think I'm crazy, but it;s not me but my love for TTYD.

Really, it's like getting what I wanted since a year and a half, this series and TTYD getting recognised and love being shared.

Tbh, just Sakurai mentioning the name of the game in the caption, JUST that would be hype.
OK dude, let it just sink in and relax. Everyone still drinking your tears of joy. Those 40 odd notifications tell you that. No need to over saturate.
You can enjoy the reveal, but I wouldnt suggest advertize yourself aha. some people may take it the wrong way :)

For example if Warios revealed, Im not gonna post a link to my Wario fan art I made when I was in high school.

Last edited:

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
This is Mushroom Kingdom U for the 3DS. Mushroom Kingdom U was already an amazing stage; 3DS just got another very strong legal candidate that has a good potential to be an extremely fun and strategically interesting stage too. This was an incredible update.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
he makes it sound like paper mario is a different series in smash which makes sense
They are honestly super different so I could see why.

I think this has raised Paper Mario's chances quite a bit. Since Robin was revealed after the Wii U Fire Emblem stage was shown, same with Little Mac and Rosalina too.

This is Mushroom Kingdom U for the 3DS. Mushroom Kingdom U was already an amazing stage; 3DS just got another very strong legal candidate that has a good potential to be an extremely fun and strategically interesting stage too. This was an incredible update.
I'm so mad that MKU is probably getting banned because of Nabbit and the Urchins. Probably the 3DS version will have hazards to like the blooper tentacles.

Last edited:

elephant13

Smash Apprentice
Since like 9 people quoted me i'll just answer here
I see your point and it is valid, but with those almost all of them (besides Mac, but his stage was shown as a different stage) had existing reps in that franchise prior to that stage reveal, most of whom didn't have a stage rep yet. (Pit, Marth, Mario had some but he always gets a ton). While Paper Mario is close to the regular Mario world I feel its more of a Wario/Yoshi type situation.

I think of it this way, if the Wii Fit stage was revealed before the Trainer.. would you be that shocked to see her? Knowing she already had some representation in the game?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom