• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyruleslink

Smash Journeyman
Smash community at a glance.
Subject: Waluigi.

Waluigi confirmed: Too many Mario characters. Ugh. Just a Luigi clone. Not even canon. He is just in the sports titles. This game is gonna suck. I'm gonna go play Melee.

Waluigi deconfirmed: OMG. Just an Assist Trophy? And Sakurai the way you word this hurts my feelings. Waluigi deserves a roster spot. This game is gonna suck. I'm gonna go play Melee.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Sakurai is with his Wife and in his bed.
"Just because you try hard doesn't mean you'll make it into battle"
*walks away to go make smash bros.*

Kroboats

Smash Cadet
Yeah, absolutely no one cares about Mario Kart, Mario Party, Mario Tennis and Mario ****ING STRIKERS. And don't you dare mess with Miss Fit.
Didn't say absolutely, I said "cares that much". You don't see people making spreadsheets for Mario Tennis. They are meant as fun little side games. Either way, that was an exaggeration made purely for the correlation it had between the Wii Fit Games. And say what you will, but I'd greatly prefer having Waluigi in over Wii Fit Trainer.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Just a week ago, everyone wanted Waluigi far away from the roster. Why is everyone mourning his loss as a character then?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
So Waluigi AT is back. Cool, I guess. =P

Does anybody else out there feel like Smash 4's visuals are lacking? Compared to what I see in Mario 3D World and Mario Kart 8, it seems like some of the models are just lazy....

Seriously, this is the Wii U, not the Gamecube. Isn't it about time that we use actual geometry to show distinct fingers, and not texture? I know Assist Trophies always have slightly crappier models than playable characters, but seriously... At the very least, use a bump map to fake the form.

I know this game is still in development, and I know the characters are pretty small on screen, but I'm still feeling a bit disappointed at this point. But whatever, graphics aren't everything. And the game will always look much better in motion than it does in stills.
Waluigi is a mere Assist Trophy. There's really no point of giving a model finger bones if it's not playable.

Anyway, sad day for the Waluigi fans, but I kind of expected this to happen. It could've always been worse though.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Sees the Waluigi picture and thinking he is playable... I am like...

-Image Removed-

Scrolls down and sees that Waluigi is not confirmed as a playable and is an Assist Trophy again... I am like...

-Image Removed-

Reads "just because you try hard doesn't mean you'll make it to the battle"... I am like...

-Image Removed-

Moderator Edit: Do not post off-topic images here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
*sees update*

*lays on ground and listens to Simple Plan's "How Could This Happen to Me" for 400 years*

*makes makeshift circus cannon out of Poprocks and Pringle tubes*

*launches self into space*

*after drifting through space for several millenniums is reunited with the Great Wa in the Sky*

*becomes one with the cosmos*

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Sakurai's comment was pure ether. But if any character deserved a comment like that, it was Waluigi. Feel bad for his fans with the exception of Gamefaqs.

In my mind, the only Mario character with a remaining shot at this point is Paper Mario. If Sakurai chooses to dip back into the Mario pool again he seems like the type of character he'd choose. Every one else? Just shut it down.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
From the way I saw it, any other Mario character's chances pretty much died a fiery death when Rosalina was revealed. I agree with Paper Mario being the only viable Mario character left but at the same time I still see him as a huge stretch.

ripa9

Smash Apprentice
Melee was not as big as expected, Brawl wasn't as big as expected, the next Smash is going to be another disappointment. I bet we'll never see DLC characters and we are not getting much more exciting characters than Villager and Mac. I'll just stick to my hacked brawl, daily updates by fans, there's no way offical Smash is ever going to be that epic.

By the way, I'm not disappointed about Waluigi not being playable, but if Sakurai is going to be that blunt about disconfirming fan favorite characters, no one should ever get their hopes up, it might be even possible, that Krystal, K. Rool, Ridley, NONE is gonna be included. It is REALLY possible, looking back at previous games.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
From the way I saw it, any other Mario character's chances pretty much died a fiery death when Rosalina was revealed. I agree with Paper Mario being the only viable Mario character left but at the same time I still see him as a huge stretch.
I kind of think that this actually helps Bowser Jr. out, though people have heavily disputed this.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Melee was not as big as expected, Brawl wasn't as big as expected, the next Smash is going to be another disappointment. I bet we'll never see DLC characters and we are not getting much more exciting characters than Villager and Mac. I'll just stick to my hacked brawl, daily updates by fans, there's no way offical Smash is ever going to be that epic.

By the way, I'm not disappointed about Waluigi not being playable, but if Sakurai is going to be that blunt about disconfirming fan favorite characters, no one should ever get their hopes up, it might be even possible, that Krystal, K. Rool, Ridley, NONE is gonna be included. It is REALLY possible, looking back at previous games.
You were expecting more than 25 characters in Melee? More than double the characters in the previous installment? In a fighting game?

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
I'm not surprised, but that's too bad.

I gotta keep development resources in mind, no waluigi means they focused on greater things

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
To be honest, as much as I'll be happy with whoever gets in pretty much, I am a really big Paper Mario supporter.
Though if he gets deconfirmed, I hope Sakurai does it in the same way he did Waluigi. It was a good laugh.

Seriously though, I can't imagine Paper Mario being similar to regular Mario at all considering the lack of punches and the addition of a hammer and partners and items and overall being more interesting.
BUT WHAT DO I KNOW

Back on topic though, I'm sure Waaaaaaaaaa will get a graphical update by the time the game comes out so his hand doesn't look perpetually fused to his little sports peripheral there.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Feel bad for his fans with the exception of Gamefaqs.
Well that's basically applicable to everything bad that happens ever.

Anyway I'm not surprised and I honestly didn't want Waluigi anywhere near Smash Bros., though it must suck to have a personal favorite deconfirmed a second time in a row. I'll keep my shenanigans to a minimum and sit content with my personal satisfaction at this outcome. :p

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691

Dude. You're judging a game that's not even out yet.

Waluigi didn't have enough in Sakurai's eyes, so that's that. I fully expect a good game. Besides, no need to bring up "Sm4sh is gonna suck" here.

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team

Drama Queen? Drama Queen indeed. Hahahaha oh my god, you know that is a video game right? Go read a book to create some maturity or something.

And DLC is killing this industry so no DLC

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I kind of think that this actually helps Bowser Jr. out, though people have heavily disputed this.
I strongly doubt him if only because his significance and originality as a character has shrank a lot since his first appearance especially with the Koopalings making a comeback a couple of years back. I think Brawl was his make or break moment and I honestly don't see him becoming playable unless his moveset incorporates his "siblings" somehow.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I strongly doubt him if only because his significance and originality as a character has shrank a lot since his first appearance especially with the Koopalings making a comeback a couple of years back. I think Brawl was his make or break moment and I honestly don't see him becoming playable unless his moveset incorporates his "siblings" somehow.
There is the magic brush though, but this topic should probably be for the Bowser Jr. thread.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I am laughing at GameFAQs... they are so butthurt over Waluigi's deconfirmation... and some of them are blaming Rosalina for keeping Waluigi out... and some of them are saying that Sakurai deserves to suffer pain in his body because he said a "bad" thing about Waluigi and/or his fans.

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
For God´s sake, what he said is not about the fans. He was speaking about waluigi.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Waluigi didn't deserve a Smash Bros slot. Let's be real, most fans of him wanted to complete the bros, thought it would be a funny character, or had some subjective experience with him as their main in a Mario franchise and backed it up saying it would support the Mario Sports saga better than anyone, which is not true might I add.

I have a friend who always used these arguments and I always said to him it will never be, and if it ever were I'd start questioning Sakurais "brilliance".

Rosalina, I admit I never saw coming. But I can live with her.

Bowser Junior doesn't really deserve a spot either, to put it bluntly.

Toad is already hitchhiking

And the only plausible (key word here is PLAUSIBLE) character to add is Paper Mario. And although I have bias on him, I'm sure you'll agree he fits more of the requirements then other candidates.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
YES thank god Waluigi is not playable

Looking at the sakurai comment

Pic of the day. Once again, Waluigi's Assist Trophy joins the collection!! …Which also means he's not a playable character. Just because you try hard doesn't mean you'll make it into the battle.

Ok that is just....so....cold this doesn't hurt ridley does it

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117

Really? Because I think Bowser Jr. sounds like exactly the type of character that would be an unlockable... especially if he was a Wolf or Lucas style semi-clone (which I also think it more probable then people think) of Bowser. It even makes sense that the new less monsterish and more athletic Bowser could have a speedy clone.

Everyone that supported him would hate him for not having a completely unique moveset, and the people that were against him would say "see, I told you he would be a clone" even though he only shares 7 moves with Bowser, and would say he was wasted spot because of it. Finally, people would be all up in arms over him maybe getting cut in Smash 5.

OT: Anyone think it's weird that we have been getting more attack trophies then pokeballs?

Last edited:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I'm fairly indifferent to Waluigi in general, I never quite understood his appeal or interest as a playable character. Maybe it's because I haven't played many of the spin-off titles he's featured in but he's always come off to me as one of the less interesting characters related to the Mario franchise. As such I cannot really say I'm disappointed that he's not going to be playable.

I do understand the frustration of those that do not agree and why the comment would annoy some people but it is a reality, no matter how much we want a character or assume that a character is guranateed, there really is no guranatee. As we get closer to the game's release we are going to see more disappointments and possible so major ones. So it's probably best for those that have made alot of stake in a particular character take it easy.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
He never was important to mario or any series at all, he didnt even made it in mario kart 7... some may argue he doesnt even deserve an AT appareance, but for me, OMG good to see you again walu xD

Last edited:

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
This poor purple b*stard can never catch a break. But his fate was sealed when Rosalina was announced anyway. He's lucky he's back as an Assist Trophy at all.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
And the site itself still hasn't updated. This is bizarre.

Dairz

Smash Ace
I thought Waluigi could be an interesting character, but I wasn't a supporter by any means; he could've been a joke character or something.

So how many ATs are we at, 5? We still have like, 15-20 or so not revealed yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom