• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KoRLumen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoRLumen
3DS FC
3437-3066-8679
....dude. Project M, while not a 1:1 melee clone, was made to be more like melee except with more characters and a moveset changes. So speaking as if PM is some amazing artistic godsend is a bit hypocritical imo. I mean really. What beside balancing, moveset changes, new characters, costumes, stages, and modes (all of which, and then some, is being added to Smash 4) does PM have? What in the PM system mechanics doesnt already exist in some form in melee or brawl?

And I mean no disrespect to PM. I respect it as a technical feat. But acting like it's innovative and then condemning Smash 4 for doing the same thing and more is just sooooo biased and hypocritical.

And Smash 4 is meant to be a stable continuation/upgrade/refinement, not a completely revamped reboot like Kid Icarus was so the comparison between them is kinda pointless.
Hacked brawl. Propably a few hundred characters. It works. Competitive play? Online character updates + character bans. After hacked brawl, just the idea of a new normal Smash with a few new characters and modes is DULL. The Waluigi caption pretty much confirmed how the next Smash is not going to be that much different. One thing I'm wondering though is how Sakurai managed to create something new, Kid Icarus Uprising, a game packed with unique and innovative content, but Smash doesn't seem to evolve anywhere.
Yeah man, PM is great, but it absolutely doesn't make the prospect of Smash 4 any less awesome. Also, you can't possibly have hundreds of characters lol. You'd have to make new assets for just about everything. Look at the PM team - it took them years to make Mewtwo and Roy. And seriously. You'd have to be an extremely shallow person to think Smash hasn't evolved. As for KI:U, the game is meant to be completely different from the original KI games - the whole point of it was to redefine the series. Smash isn't trying to be redefined - there's absolutely no reason to do that. You're comparing apples and oranges. If he applied the same heuristic to making Smash 4, it wouldn't be Smash anymore.

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
Hacked brawl. Propably a few hundred characters. It works. Competitive play? Online character updates + character bans. After hacked brawl, just the idea of a new normal Smash with a few new characters and modes is DULL. The Waluigi caption pretty much confirmed how the next Smash is not going to be that much different. One thing I'm wondering though is how Sakurai managed to create something new, Kid Icarus Uprising, a game packed with unique and innovative content, but Smash doesn't seem to evolve anywhere.
Let me guess: Pre-Teen!
Little Mac and Rosalina gameplay is more innovative and unique than anything you or some hackers could create.

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
Yeah man, PM is great, but it absolutely doesn't make the prospect of Smash 4 any less awesome. Also, you can't possibly have hundreds of characters lol. You'd have to make new assets for just about everything. Look at the PM team - it took them years to make Mewtwo and Roy. And seriously. You'd have to be an extremely shallow person to think Smash hasn't evolved. As for KI:U, the game is meant to be completely different from the original KI games - the whole point of it was to redefine the series. Smash isn't trying to be redefined - there's absolutely no reason to do that. You're comparing apples and oranges. If he applied the same heuristic to making Smash 4, it wouldn't be Smash anymore.
Actually, you can have 100 characters now with the BrawlEx Clone Engine. It's far more advanced than Project M's CE. But anyway, even though I use Brawl mods, I'm still really looking forward to SSB4. The moveset mods people have made are nowhere near as good as the official ones, and SSB4 will actually have good online play unlike Brawl's(which is being shut down soon anyway). Plus there will be new modes and plenty of things to collect as well.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
This just straight up angers me... Today's pic means the game isn't going to be that much different? Seriously? Go play 64, Melee, Brawl and this when it comes out in order and tell me how little the series has changed. Tell me the mechanics, the characters, the stages, the music, the extra features don't change.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
Actually, you can have 100 characters now with the BrawlEx Clone Engine. It's far more advanced than Project M's CE. But anyway, even though I use Brawl mods, I'm still really looking forward to SSB4. The moveset mods people have made are nowhere near as good as the official ones, and SSB4 will actually have good online play unlike Brawl's(which is being shut down soon anyway). Plus there will be new modes and plenty of things to collect as well.
Brawl's online is being shut down?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If a vet was revealed tomorrow that'd be the first time that 3 characters have been revealed in a month. Ironic considering it's the shortest month.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
This month just had alot of stuff fall into place very close together. I would be kind of shocked to see any more playable character reveals.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Let me guess: Pre-Teen!
Little Mac and Rosalina gameplay is more innovative and unique than anything you or some hackers could create.
I wont say it's impossible for hackers to do something like that, but their expertise seems to focus on the more technical side while their creative side is a bit.....lacking. It certain possible, but just not likely.

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
So...I left yesterday just before Sakurai posted the pic of the day. And when I came back, I found that the forums exploded. Particularly this one.

liets

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2852-9552-5494
IT'S WALUIGI TIME!!!

i believe the waassist trophy is a great role for WWAAAAAAaaaaaluiiigiii to play- it more fits his character as the one who likes to intrude on things and screw with them. thank you, WWAAAAAAaaaaaluiiigiii, for being a try hard :chuckle:

as for my predictions tomorrow: i have no idea, i just have a real good feeling

KoRLumen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoRLumen
3DS FC
3437-3066-8679
That's news to me. I might have to go experiment with that.

Regardless, my main point still stands haha. There are some modders that come up with really good ideas, but nothing beats the sense of authenticity from a proper, vanilla Smash.

Simensis

Smash Apprentice
Still curious about the site not updating. Not even the japanese one, at least in my browser. Could only be a slip thought.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Still curious about the site not updating. Not even the japanese one, at least in my browser. Could only be a slip thought.
Personally I think he wanted to avoid any confusion. Imagine how much more it'd suck for people if they saw him on the site, without a caption immediately there to explain?

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Personally I think he wanted to avoid any confusion. Imagine how much more it'd suck for people if they saw him on the site, without a caption immediately there to explain?
Yet he did the same for Ashley and Skull Kid. It's probably just a little mix-up.

As for tomorrow, maybe a new stage? OR that damn KI stage!

Plain Yogurt

Smash Ace
There's a part of me saying "Sure! Random vet reveal tonight! Gotta show em all eventually: why not now?!"

If I'm being realistic though...we haven't gotten more than two character reveals a month yet and I don't feel like that will change until we get a proper release date. So I will predict a throwaway pic tonight because we've had 4 awesome Friday pics in a row. The streak has to end sometime.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Hopefully we'll end the month with a bang. Possibly Wario after today's PotD but I doubt it. I'm guessing it will be something to do with Little Mac or Diddy Kong.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Let's close out this month with something worthwhile. I don't want the Waluigi assist trophy to be the highlight of the week.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Let's close out this month with something worthwhile. I don't want the Waluigi assist trophy to be the highlight of the week.
Sorry but that was the bang.

We'll certainly still get good info pics though, and maybe one more oh hey there's a boxing glove.... or something.

Next month we'll get a vet. then in April if there's a direct... then the hype shall begin again.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
If I was Sakurai than I would give us a character reveal tomorrow, making many people see it as the norm, and then at Friday I would show a picture of Alfonzo's face, enraging the fan base and than Monday I would force Nintendo to do a developer direct and than show Palutena. Hehe

Dairz

Smash Ace
The pic is either a lame pic, a stage, or new info. In two weeks were gonna get Yoshi, and i'm thinking the other March reveal will be Wario. April were probably getting a newcomer, then E3 (June) is 1-3 newcomers... sweet.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
There has been a lot of talk regarding further representation for Mario.
For some reason, it is the general consensus that the only even moderately plausible addition is Paper Mario

This saddens me. No, it sickens me.

How quickly we forget, or, rather, how quickly you forget. Forget that there is someone else. From the very immediate past. Someone who brought life back to the series where there was only repetition. Who is responsible for at least half of the sales of the Wii U.

Who revolutionized Mario
Nintendo
The Video Game Industry
And The World

How quickly you all have forgotten. About this Hero-Among-Heroes. This Legend-Among-Legends. This God-Among-Gods.

But I haven't. Not yet. Nor Will I ever. There is only one mighty warrior who can save the Smash Brothers series from the auto-cannibalistic apocalypse foretold by the wise @ripa9

[collapse=And He is:]
PLESSIE

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Plessie would be a cool/cute assist trophy for Mario. I'd support him being in Smash in that regard.

Ideally tonight? I'd want a stage or a Wario reveal. Truthfully? We're getting a picture of King Dedede being an adorable fat ass while Olimar and Wii Fit Trainer work out.

Shroob

Sup?
It's highly unlikely, but with Waluigi revealed, I'd love to get Wario out of the pool of veterans already.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
There has been a lot of talk regarding further representation for Mario.
For some reason, it is the general consensus that the only even moderately plausible addition is Paper Mario

This saddens me. No, it sickens me.

How quickly we forget, or, rather, how quickly you forget. Forget that there is someone else. From the very immediate past. Someone who brought life back to the series where there was only repetition. Who is responsible for at least half of the sales of the Wii U.

Who revolutionized Mario
Nintendo
The Video Game Industry
And The World

How quickly you all have forgotten. About this Hero-Among-Heroes. This Legend-Among-Legends. This God-Among-Gods.

But I haven't. Not yet. Nor Will I ever. There is only one mighty warrior who can save the Smash Brothers series from the auto-cannibalistic apocalypse foretold by the wise @ripa9

[collapse=And He is:]
PLESSIE
[/collapse]

After seeing this, I'm glad I just took some Pep to Bismol.

Last edited:

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
I miss Smash Dojo.... anyway My money is still for Prof. Layton tonight. Don't care if Nintendo doesn't own him, hes an honorary Nintendo brotha if you ask me
It's doubtful that they'd reveal Third-Party characters outside of Nintendo Direct events - they are too high profile for the weekday Miiverse updates (which has been reserved for Veterans thus far). Sonic and Mega Man were revealed during Directs/E3, and Layton will most probably follow suit, if he is in the game.

If he is shown tonight, then this pattern will have been broken. I doubt anyone would mind, though, seeing as we're all greedy for character confirmations. >8D

Speaking of the Dojo, there's an unofficial fan site that compiles all Smash information. I prefer it to the actual Smash site, since it covers stages and items in addition to characters, and is well organized (and also contains all Miiverse pics to date). :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom