• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dracometeor

Smash Apprentice
That's just the nature of the beast. Pokemon and Fire Emblem are essentially revolving doors when it comes to their protagonists so this means that they are more susceptible to cuts than any other major Nintendo franchise. If people are concerned about Lucina, she still has 6-7 years to land a prominent role in another FE game to better solidify her chances for SSB5 but, for realism's sake, I wouldn't hold my breath.
Or hopefully enough time for nintendo to make an amazing really appealing character rich Laguz Protaganist for a Fire Emblem game so I can live in a state of unending hype for my dream newcomer to be in Smash even though he doesn't even exist yet. A man can only dream.

Sil

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1032-1490-1609
I'm hoping on some info on how exactly Robin's tomes work or what activates the Levin Sword.

Malion

Smash Ace
Robin says his tomes have limited use... so he uses the levin sword... but as we all know. The Levin sword in the game also has limited uses. The same as a tome usually. Do you think Robin will swap out swords too?

I also wonder if it will work like it does in the game and work as a ranged attack sometimes.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Actually, I'd like some more explanation on Robin's moves too. I've got a few theories from the trailer, but it's still quite confusing! Such a strange character.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Gee Sakurai, it's almost scary when you explain things clearly.:laugh:

Anyway, I think it's cool that Lucina is a clone. She probably took up a very, very, very little amount of development time, and I think it was worth it.

But the more important thing: We have "ROY'S OUR BOY," "WE LIKE IKE," and uh, whatever Marth's thing is, but what about Robin and Lucina? We NEED catchphrases!
Lucina is the winna

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Shoutouts to @Marakatu and @ Malion Malion for the awesome idea/image :)
I'm sure someone will use it as a template to draw/fanart the entire Fire Emblem cast in Sm4sh as a band at some point :D

Perhaps the next step is using the bull/demon/dragon statue in the background for something.
Those three 'spirals' (up above the rest of the arena's skyline) as shooting out sparks/flames. Night Time.
Hi Vis lights coming from around. Fire works.

Actually wish this conversation was in the social thread rather than this one :O could easily get flooded out within the next hour or two :(.

Last edited:

Kumatora

Smash Cadet
So do you think Marth and Lucina will have some differences speed and power wise or just in the sword?
Just a guess, but I bet Lucina will be slightly weaker since Marth's a little more complicated because you have to hit with the tip of his sword. She'll probably be stronger than Marth not tipping.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I hope we get answers on Robin's Levin Sword and how the hell his tomes work.

Malion

Smash Ace
oh men That would be great. Robin on electric keyboard and I suppose Ike should be the lead singer.

"Prepare yourselves!"
"I rock for my friends!"
"You'll get no symphonies from me!"

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
oh men That would be great. Robin on electric keyboard and I suppose Ike should be the lead singer.

"Prepare yourselves!"
"I rock for my friends!"
I like how Ike and Robin are the most quotable characters in Smash. Well, of course behind Captain Falcon.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I'd like to see some information about Robin tonight, namely his/her tomes. I'm wondering if they can be dropped and respawned whenever the player wants to, similar to Peach's Turnips or if one randomly spawns at the beginning and it's the only one much like ZSS and her Varia Suit pieces or if a tome has to be used up before a new one can spawn. I'd also imagine that the more powerful the tome is, the less uses it has much like in FE.

Oh and before when Charizard's Flare Blitz was explained I made a lovely rant on this thread about how Sakurai only makes use of stuff that's 'true to game' if it's negative, well here we are with tomes that break. Maybe we'll get lucky and the numerous Thunder tomes Robin has will have a chance of getting a 'critical'. More damage and/or knockback...probably not gonna happen though. At least Nosferatu heals him/her although the amount will probably be low.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314

"Prepare yourselves!"
"I rock for my friends!"

Take my Like. Just take it.

Last edited:

Malion

Smash Ace
Shoutouts to @Marakatu and @ Malion Malion for the awesome idea/image :)
I'm sure someone will use it as a template to draw/fanart the entire Fire Emblem cast in Sm4sh as a band at some point :D

Perhaps the next step is using the bull/demon/dragon statue in the background for something.
Those three 'spirals' (up above the rest of the arena's skyline) as shooting out sparks/flames. Night Time.
Hi Vis lights coming from around. Fire works.

Actually wish this conversation was in the social thread rather than this one :O could easily get flooded out within the next hour or two :(.
I have paint.net so a lot of this is just winging it but I tried to make it at least a little concertish... probably went too far though! I'll do a fresh take on it in a bit.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Restore the color a bit in Marth/Lucina and it'd still be on the path of righteousness (maybe keeping the dark edges and having light beams angled from above for lighting/coloring the beam trajectories on marth/lucina).

Either way, looking quite good/awesome. Have the dragon shooting out fiyaaaaaaaa? Roy saddling it? :p

You're making everyone's day doing this :)

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
While I getting some more info on Lucia, Robin, and Falcon would be great; I feel we are in desperate need of a stage reveal for either version....but particularly the Wii U. The last stage reveal we had was technically Coliseum.

I am starving for a Donkey Kong, Star Fox, 3DS Metroid, 3DS Mega Man, and Kirby stage.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
While I getting some more info on Lucia, Robin, and Falcon would be great; I feel we are in desperate need of a stage reveal for either version....but particularly the Wii U. The last stage reveal we had was technically Coliseum.

I am starving for a Donkey Kong, Star Fox, 3DS Metroid, 3DS Mega Man, and Kirby stage.
I NEED a stage on the Great Fox (similar to Melee) in HD.

Shroob

Sup?
I have to wonder. With a scant 8 weeks left before Smash comes out in Japan, not counting this week, will character reveals pick up?

D

Deleted member

I have to wonder. With a scant 8 weeks left before Smash comes out in Japan, not counting this week, will character reveals pick up?
Well, we did get a newcomer trailer that wasn't accompanied by a direct or event, so that has to mean something.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We have about 40 PotD's left until the 3DS release. That Friday is going to be a pretty good update from Sakurai; announcing how the release is the next day. There is the Obon festival which people generally take time off from work in August but I don't think Sakurai did that last year.

I imagine we will be getting PotD after the 3DS release and leading up to the Wii U release.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I want some veterans, I want some stage reveals (the fact there are franchises we haven't seen a single new stage for is alarming), I want some Wii U exclusive modes.

Just come on now Sakurai.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I think the PotD updates that contains new information will largely be focused on the 3DS version as that is what's coming out soon. Then we will get all Wii U updates post-3DS release.

Xavier :D

Smash Ace
NNID
legend_of_xav
I could see veteran reveals picking up. But it all depends if Sakurai is going to reveal the whole roster or not before release.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Is Nintendo even going beyond the demo? I've never heard of Nintendo revealing anything at Comic Con in the past. Maybe I'm wrong though.
Haven't heard news on that, but with the tournament being a thing, I could see something more happening. But thats just me.

Malion

Smash Ace
Restore the color a bit in Marth/Lucina and it'd still be on the path of righteousness (maybe keeping the dark edges and having light beams angled from above for lighting/coloring the beam trajectories on marth/lucina).

Either way, looking quite good/awesome. Have the dragon shooting out fiyaaaaaaaa? Roy saddling it? :p

You're making everyone's day doing this :)
Attempt number 2!

edit:
420 posts!
Blaze it!

Last edited:

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
If we haven't seen any unlockables yet, I could see Sakurai not revealing anymore characters until launch. That would mean we wouldn't have much to look forward to with pic of the day.

You never know, however. If I learned anything yesterday, it was that Sakurai is beyond unpredictable.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
I heard somewhere that there was going to be an August Direct or something? That would be an unreal way to announce some really hyped up newcomers right before the game launches.

Does anyone know if the August Direct is confirmed or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom