• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
I heard somewhere that there was going to be an August Direct or something? That would be an unreal way to announce some really hyped up newcomers right before the game launches.

Does anyone know if the August Direct is confirmed or not?
It's mere speculation on everyone's part.
Major Directs are bi-monthly, so everyone's predicting to have one two months after June.

Last edited:

Malion

Smash Ace
I'm now imagining this as a band. Ike on bass and Robin on vocals?
Ike on Bass, BoyRobin on Keyboard and GirlRobin on Vocals... or the other way around... or Ike on Vocals and GirlRobin on Bass.

There are a lot of possibilities. Time to play our scales!

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
Ike on Bass, BoyRobin on Keyboard and GirlRobin on Vocals... or the other way around... or Ike on Vocals and GirlRobin on Bass.

There are a lot of possibilities. Time to play our scales!
Ike: "I fight for my friends! No sympathy to the end!"

...Chrom is the roadie/groupie, then? :troll:

Chrom for DLC

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
My Opinion:

"Time to Tip the Scales!" > "I fight for my friends." > "HYAH."

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Seriously, I'm desperate for a new Wii U stage. Sakurai, don't leave me hanging.

EDIT: oh hey, 700 posts.

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Seriously, I'm desperate for a new Wii U stage. Sakurai, don't leave me hanging.

EDIT: oh hey, 700 posts.
I hope we DONT see a Kirby one. (Because I want it to be revealed alongside Bandana Dee and Meta Knight)

Maybe an FZero or a Stairfax?

Last edited:

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
I hope we DONT see a Kirby one. (Because I want it to be revealed alongside Bandana Dee and Meta Knight)

As long as it's Corneria 2.0 and not something from Stairfax Temperatures.

Xavier :D

Smash Ace
NNID
legend_of_xav

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the next stage we'll get is F-Zero. I have hope for Friday Doubt it though.

Last edited:

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491
Does anyone know if the August Direct is confirmed or not?
No. There were no rumors or announcements of an August Direct.

The general idea is that everyone is convinced that there will be a Direct in August to hype the game, similar to how Mario Kart 8 had a direct the month before it came out in order to hype it up.

So there very well COULD be one, but there's no guarantee.

If we haven't seen any unlockables yet, I could see Sakurai not revealing anymore characters until launch. That would mean we wouldn't have much to look forward to with pic of the day.

You never know, however. If I learned anything yesterday, it was that Sakurai is beyond unpredictable.
Nope. Sakurai confirmed there are still reveal videos.
He also confirmed that all of the videos would be 'unlocked from the start' to watch because he doesn't want people being 'spoiled' by the internet.
So even if he were to save these reveals for post 3DS launch, you'd be able to watch the videos as soon as you get it, thus revealing the characters immediately. UNLESS the 3DS version does NOT have the videos, and only the Wii U does. In which case, he could save videos for post launch.

However, there's not a whole lot of excitement in watching a reveal trailer for a character AFTER you already unlocked said character on 3DS.

So every character with a video will almost definitely be revealed pre-release. So we're going to get more reveals in August and early September, including Newcomers.

I'm honestly convinced, even if there ARE secret characters, Sakurai's going to just reveal them all in a blowout trailer and we'll have to unlock them still, but the surprise is gone. Similar to Mario Kart 8.

Morbi

Scavenger
I would be content with some news about our favorite tactician. She is shrouded in mystery as of current. I do not want her to get the Palutena treatment.

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace

The general idea is that everyone is convinced that there will be a Direct in August to hype the game, similar to how Mario Kart 8 had a direct the month before it came out in order to hype it up.

Nope. Sakurai confirmed there are still reveal videos.
He also confirmed that all of the videos would be 'unlocked from the start' to watch because he doesn't want people being 'spoiled' by the internet.
So even if he were to save these reveals for post 3DS launch, you'd be able to watch the videos as soon as you get it, thus revealing the characters immediately. UNLESS the 3DS version does NOT have the videos, and only the Wii U does. In which case, he could save videos for post launch.

However, there's not a whole lot of excitement in watching a reveal trailer for a character AFTER you already unlocked said character on 3DS.

So every character with a video will almost definitely be revealed pre-release. So we're going to get more reveals in August and early September, including Newcomers.

I'm honestly convinced, even if there ARE secret characters, Sakurai's going to just reveal them all in a blowout trailer and we'll have to unlock them still, but the surprise is gone. Similar to Mario Kart 8.
Ahhh :( all of this is correct/makes sense.

Unfortunately :(

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I would be content with some news about our favorite tactician. She is shrouded in mystery as of current. I do not want her to get the Palutena treatment.
We know all about Palutena and how she will work....we just don't know which special move uses what command and what are the defaults.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Either my phone is lagging or the thread died so hard that no one is even complaining that we haven't got the pic yet

Malion

Smash Ace
The only picture I could find of all 4 FE characters was a bit blurry but I made it work.

Mamp

Smash Apprentice

Actually, there is a Nintendo Direct usually every two months, and if the pattern holds true there will be one in August. I doubt it'd be a Smash specific direct, but we could definitely get some info.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Darn it, you had me, i thought that was pic of the day for a second!
"Pic of the Day! I recently had the chance to see the Flaming Emblems live. I had front row tickets at their sold-out Coliseum Concert. It was very exciting! Here they are in the middle of their newest hit single -- a cover of You Will Know Our Names."

Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Darn it, you had me, i thought that was pic of the day for a second!
Theres only one time when rocking a guitar would be acceptable as a PotD and thats when Mashiro and the Sakurailett Triplets perform on stage Great Barbara shows up

Last edited:

Halfhead

Smash Journeyman
"Pic of the Day! I recently had the chance to see the Flaming Emblems live. I had front row tickest at the sold-out Coliseum show. It was very exciting! Here they are in the middle of their newest hit single -- a cover of You Will Know Our Names."
Followed up with "With a Little Help from Ike's Friends."

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
The only picture I could find of all 4 FE characters was a bit blurry but I made it work.

I will never see these four the same way ever again and you're to blame for it.

Thank you. <3

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
To keep up with the changing modern audience, The Fire Emblems have just released their first rap single, Together We Ride Dat Booty.

epicgordan

Smash Ace
Pic of the Day: "I believe Ike has something to say: 'Don't kick the baby.'"

Edit: In all seriousness, I'm predicting Robin.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom