• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
*Meanwhile, in Sakurai's office*

Sakurai: "Watta bunch o' baka gaijin. Nyuck nyuck nyuck nyuck."

*lights a cigar and posts the pic of the day while continuing to cackle to himself*

Not a bad update and it provides more evidence that this game will be more combo oriented. So, of the veterans, this applies to: Diddy, Link, Toon Link, Pit, Kirby, Metaknight, King Dedede, Fox, Falco, Captain Falcon, Pikachu, Ivysaur, and Mr. Game and Watch.

Things are still shaping up for a bomb to be dropped tomorrow or Friday though.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
What do you expect, around here everything is a hype sign even it was probably just a system delay or late break that caused the delay. Everything must have a meaning.... not really. >>

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
See, this is why I wait till the next morning.
Wisdom is those words.

*lights a cigar and posts the pic of the day while continuing to cackle to himself*

Not a bad update and it provides more evidence that this game will be more combo oriented. So, of the veterans, this applies to: Diddy, Link, Toon Link, Pit, Kirby, Metaknight, King Dedede, Fox, Falco, Captain Falcon, Pikachu, Ivysaur, and Mr. Game and Watch.

Things are still shaping up for a bomb to be dropped tomorrow or Friday though.
I'm liking the way this game is shaping up. Combo oriented, with characters not falling like concrete blocks. :p

StarshipGroove

Smash Journeyman
Could've been a picture of Luigi sensually rubbing his nose in Zelda's armpit, the hype generated would have been huge.

*lights a cigar and posts the pic of the day while continuing to cackle to himself*.
I don't think he's really happy considering what he's going through

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
lol You guys got all hyped for nothing but a gameplay bit. XD
Well, it affects how very many characters play, some of my mains included, so of course it's a thing to look forward to. I honestly don't see why you shouldn't get hyped for a gameplay bit, it's a better update than an obvious veteran like Yoshi or G&W imo.

Prototype

Smash Apprentice
Interesting.
I really like the idea of seeing some new moves for the veterans like Fox and Kirby.

We (presumably) already got a look at this mechanic from Little Mac's trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kV82qq30Cfk&t=80

From the look of it, it seems to have some substantial knock-back. I don't really like he idea of skillessly getting a kill off of a jab, but it can be interpreted in many ways, so we can only speculate for now.

link2702

Smash Champion
here's my question though...with this new mechanic, will everyone who used to have a jab infinite, have a setup like link(prior to brawl), and pit had? where they have a standard 3 hit jab normally, but if you tap the a button quick enough, it goes into a jab infinite to that finisher? or will it be forced so that anyone who has a jab infinite now has to go into it, and no longer has the normal 3 hit jab?

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I looked at the picture

So infinite combo attacks are gone and now have a stop sign with a heavy attack sweetness

This would explain how little mac in the trailer did a uppercut right after his combo attack

(So basicly all characters with a combo attack will have a finishing attack after it no more infinites)

PadWarrior

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasboards suck
So this works basically like Mario when you hit a and his final strike is the knockback kick?

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Getting hyped for something that actually turned out to be worthwhile, yes.
Stop enjoying things others don't like.

There are a lot worse things we've been "hyped" for in the past, regardless. This was an update that made me actually want to play the game.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Where in the picture does it say infinite jab combos are gone? It just says "Now consecutive standard attacks will always transition into a finishing move." Which completely means two different things... to me.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
That invisible date in 2014.
I love how some people say "A release date's better than a newcomer reveal" when a release date would be like "OK, it's going to release, woohoo..." While a newcomer reveal's very hype.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN

Now consecutive standard attacks will always transition into a finishing move. This is Fox's finishing kick after his standard combo attack.

Pretty cool IMO
I guess Samus aborted more than her mission
#MorningAfterKick
#tasteless

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Where in the picture does it say infinite jab combos are gone? It just says "Now consecutive standard attacks will always transition into a finishing move." Which completely means two different things... to me.
Combos are not gone there not infinite because they have a knockback finisher now

Little macs trailer video doing the combo to fox and ending with a uppercut I think that's macs combo finisher

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Ah, yes. Hopefully they change this for Kirby also and not just Fox, so you don't get punched repeatedly in a corner unable to escape until your damage is sky high.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Ah, yes. Hopefully they change this for Kirby also and not just Fox, so you don't get punched repeatedly in a corner unable to escape until your damage is sky high.
I think all the characters with a combo are getting this little mac has one it was when he was doing the combo fox he ended with a uppercut that was probably his combo finisher

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Combos are not gone there not infinite because they have a knockback finisher now

Little macs trailer video doing the combo to fox and ending with a uppercut I think that's macs combo finisher
Yeah I saw that, but still, that doesnt mean that "infinites" are gone... To me it meant that you could cancel the "infinite" with a smash attack. (which sounds even more cheap but whateves, just gotta learn to sdi) Meaning you could either do the flurry, or cancel the startup animation with the finisher.
---
Here is a scenario, "combos" such as how Kirby's F-throw will (almost) always transition into up-air doesnt mean that it will auto up-air for you. Or how in Melee, Fox's up-throw will always transition into up-air on Puff at certain %s, but doesnt mean that Fox can do other things. Thats how im seeing it, then again Sakurai is... meh, so he might have gotten rid of the flurry. But if he totally replaced it, i think he wouldve said something like "Some characters had standard attack flurries, which have been replaced with a finisher."

Last edited:

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I think all the characters with a combo are getting this little mac has one it was when he was doing the combo fox he ended with a uppercut that was probably his combo finisher
Ooh good, I hope so. I think it is more fair that way from them all to have a combo finisher.

This smash game is just looking better and better to me, I don't know about you guys.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Yes, one of my favorite type of updates. Do have to wonder exactly how it works. It'd be cool in my opinion if all character are given a proper jab combo, but that's not implied at all. Just wishful thinking on my part.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Isn't the anniversary on Friday, though? Or, time zones, maybe.

Either way, doubt we'll get yet Another veteran this soon, but Sakurai sure loves being random. Pokémon Trainer would be nice to see.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I don't even know how'd I'd react to that.... I mean new(?) rep, yay! But... Pichu? Yay?
Trust me, want a bigger explosion than Mewtwo. Pichu.
It's perfect, not only do we get a once-perceived joke character. But now we'd question the legality of the other clones (Dr. Mario, Roy, Young Link).
It'd be his best trolling yet...

Last edited:

Renji64

Smash Lord
Melee's engine works too as well. There's a reason Sakurai said it was more polished. Also, what does the momentum engine have to do with falling speed? This was far from useless. He posted something that effects a large portion of the cast moveset wise.
He is a professional idiot don't mind him.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Trust me, want a bigger explosion than Mewtwo. Pichu.
It's perfect, not only do we get a once-perceived joke character. But now we'd question the legality of the other clones (Dr. Mario, Roy, Young Link).
It'd be his best trolling yet...
That day would live on in infamy.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
You guys do know that for the "anniversary" to count, it has to fall on either the number 0 or 5, right?

If it was the 20th anniversary, then it'd actually matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom