• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
As much as I liked Dr. Mario, all those characters were a huge waste of time. I would argue the same with Falco in Melee.

I like the sound of the new mechanic but we'll see. Hopefully a Pokemon stage or a Pokeball Pokemon is revealed tomorrow for the anniversary.
Well...the thing is that Falco IS relevant to the Starfox franchise, unlike Pichu, Dr. Mario and Roy...Young Link is pretty important to the Zelda franchise, but Toon Link does his job 10X better, and Mewtwo is Mewtwo.

Also, Roy's just a Marth clone completely irrelevant to the Fire Emblem franchise, he's the equivalent of adding Big the Cat as a second Sonic rep.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Roy is one of the most prominent lords now. Only after Marth, Ike and maybe Chrom. Plus he's HUGE in Japan. Only character that beats him there is Mewtwo.

Regardless, FE talk belongs elsewhere.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Roy is one of the most prominent lords now. Only after Marth, Ike and maybe Chrom. Plus he's HUGE in Japan. Only character that beats him there is Mewtwo.

Regardless, FE talk belongs elsewhere.
Chrom > Roy
I just hope we get something really good tomorrow, like a new stage, maybe Sunset Shores?

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I want to see Alfonzo in HD for the pic of the day, and the only difference is that he's in HD
He's HD
He's HD
He's HD
He's Tasty

Last edited:

Espio264

Smash Ace
Inhale slowly....

Smells like Assist trophy Thursday.
You don't smell that?
You're doing it wrong.

Gonna say something FEish.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Think I gave up trying to guess the PoTD a long time ago.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Wait, I'm still confused... does this mean that characters like fox no longer have their infinite neutral combos? Or does it mean that you can transition into smash attacks out of a neutral combo? Or what?​

Last edited:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I've seen a couple of different views on that statement. Personality I believe the former that the combos will end with a stronger attack with more knockback rather then going endlessly.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I feel like the biggest idiot in the world for asking you to further clarify this, but what do you mean by finisher?
(Fatality?)
If you watch little macs trailer when he did a combo on fx he finished with a uppercut so quickly that might be macs finisher

And on the Pofd that's fox's finisher he's doing on samus

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Like on Fox, if you were to continue to tap the standard attack button in previous games he would just continue kicking endlessly. It sounds in this version at some point instead of continually kicking he would used that stronger kick that would probably end the combo but do more damage or more knockback.

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
I suspect we get an assist trophy(Cranky) or a Pokeball Pokemon. Just a hunch. And Gangplank Galleon on Friday to make everyone's heads explode.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I suspect we get an assist trophy(Cranky) or a Pokeball Pokemon. Just a hunch. And Gangplank Galleon on Friday to make everyone's heads explode.
Tomorrow is the pokemon anniversary so pokemon stage or pokeball pokemon tomorrow is the most likely.

I have no idea why people think me might get a character tomorrow a third character in one month (now these odds deactivate when we are only 3 months till smash bros wii u. ) but the odds of 3 characters in one month the odds of picking the 1,000,000 dollar case on the show deal or no deal. But at this point right now

Dairz

Smash Ace
Don't get too excited... i'm sure the pic will just be filler.

"Pic of the day. Pikachu and Lucario are enjoying each others company. Today is the Pokemon anniversary, by the way."

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I don't think tonight will be anything important. Maybe a pokeball. Tomorrow though, it's going to be Lucas. My step brother played a secret demo of the game at a Mario Kart 8 event I just made up, and after scoring two flawless victories in a row and performing a final Smash while Santa was flying in front of the moon on a new Castlevania stage Sakurai appeared on screen and told him that Lucas would be the next character revealed.

WIldBam

Smash Apprentice
Tonight will mark the anniversary of the pokemon games released in Japan, sure, we have seen anniversaries go unnoticed, but this is pokemon we are talking about, one of the biggest franchise's of Nintendo, surely this calls for some acknowledgment, besides, there is no other time to reveal a certain pink ball of puff.

Build up your hype people, this is for sure what is going down tonight.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Tonight will mark the anniversary of the pokemon games released in Japan, sure, we have seen anniversaries go unnoticed, but this is pokemon we are talking about, one of the biggest franchise's of Nintendo, surely this calls for some acknowledgment, besides, there is no other time to reveal a certain pink ball of puff.

Build up your hype people, this is for sure what is going down tonight.
A Pokemon stage seems the most fitting thing we could get on this occasion. A mere pokeball confirmation/reveal seems too little, and an actual Pokemon character confirmation seems unlikely, given Diddy's reveal proximity.

Pokemon Stadium 3, here we go! XD

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Well, it's the Pokemon anniversary. Why not a PokeBall Pokemon? Some changes or moves of Pikachu or Lucario? Pokemon Staduim 3?

You know what's pending for a confirm especially to get out of the way? Kirby hats. It would be a bonus if we got to see one or more of the newcomer hats as well.

Thunderfang747

Smash Journeyman
Honestly I wouldn't be surprised to see Pokemon Trainer tonight if we get a character. Jiggs and Mewtwo are the only other expected candidates and they are unlockable material. Also Trainer would make sense in the context, Red and the original starters for Pokemon Red/Green anniversary. Honestly though I don't really expect anyone, probably a stage like others are saying.

Last edited:

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
It seems way too soon for a veteran reveal already. Wait for March for the next batch, I'd say. Although, the sooner we get Jigglypuff, that'll be a huge weight off my shoulders.

WIldBam

Smash Apprentice
A Pokemon stage seems the most fitting thing we could get on this occasion. A mere pokeball confirmation/reveal seems too little, and an actual Pokemon character confirmation seems unlikely, given Diddy's reveal proximity.

Pokemon Stadium 3, here we go! XD
Proximity isn't that much of an issue, there have been character reveals that have been close together. Such as Sonic being reveal 5 days after toon link, or Zelda reveal 8 days after the newcomer Rosalina, or Diddy revealed 7 days after newcommer little mac.

Though, maybe I'm wrong, Jiggs probably won't be tonight, Mewtwo is they one they'll go with. Raise the hype people! Let it soar like the hindenburg!

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
I expect that we'll get Mewtwo in a Sonic-style reveal trailer, which would flux the hype better than a few screenshots considering its absence from Brawl.

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Pichu revealed as a pokeball. runs around the stage and spams what used to be his down b

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Proximity isn't that much of an issue, there have been character reveals that have been close together. Such as Sonic being reveal 5 days after toon link, or Zelda reveal 8 days after the newcomer Rosalina, or Diddy revealed 7 days after newcommer little mac.

Though, maybe I'm wrong, Jiggs probably won't be tonight, Mewtwo is they one they'll go with. Raise the hype people! Let it soar like the hindenburg!
Proximity on its own is not necessarily an issue, true. But thus far, it seems that our quota is two characters per month (at least, ever since December). We've already got Mac and Diddy this month; whether they confirm a third is up in the air.

But of course, any character confirmation would certainly be welcome (and doubly so if its Mewtwo). ;)

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
hope it's something useful content wise, gameplay news is not really hype worthy for me

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
In here to say that you guys need to cool your hype.

We ain't getting **** tonight.

I will eat dog hair if we do.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom