• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
So, we can have Brawl, but not Pokemon.
Interesting logic you have there...
We got Brawl but not Smash's actual anniversary.
I'd say I'm not the one with "interesting logic" here. (And no. One tiny mention does not count)

Besides, Sakurai's had to stay very tight-lipped about Pokemon anyway. I doubt we'll be hearing about anything for awhile since we recently got Lucario.

Well, not in regards to characters, anyways.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Pichu would be a disgrace, now that's a wasted character slot.

D

Deleted member

So, rapid combo attacks now end in a finisher? I guess that's cool.

Now, place bets for tonight's picture:
Something related to Pokemon (Series anniversary)
or
Something related to Fossil Fighters (Release of Infinite Gear)
or
Something completely unrelated?

:troll:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

or
or

You're just begging for someone to make a Helix Fossil joke. ¦D

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

or
or

There's your answer.

I'm expecting something new stage or item related soon. If not the exciting conclusion of usual Mac pics.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Seriously, the only cut from Melee even worth looking at is Mewtwo. Dr. Mario, Pichu, Young Link and Roy are all completely useless.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Here's how I've been seeing it the pics of the day patterns.

Monday: Something Simple and not new.
Tuesday: Either something new or not.
Wednesday: Something a lil interesting.
Thursday: Something like Weds but a lil better.
Friday: Something new and intersting.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Seriously, the only cut from Melee even worth looking at is Mewtwo. Dr. Mario, Pichu, Young Link and Roy are all completely useless.
I agree. Pichu shouldn't ever be in the game, Dr. Mario can easily be a simple custom swap, Young Link was never cut.
Roy is overrated and his fanbase exists only because of Melee. Nobody would ever care about him otherwise, but it's still the only one of the five (four) cuts bar Mewtwo which wouldn't seem like a waste if he returned.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Warning Received
As much as I liked Dr. Mario, all those characters were a huge waste of time. I would argue the same with Falco in Melee.

I like the sound of the new mechanic but we'll see. Hopefully a Pokemon stage or a Pokeball Pokemon is revealed tomorrow for the anniversary.

Last edited by a moderator:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Infinite jabs now finishing off with a powerful attack is definitely an interesting change. I do wonder how exactly it will work.

To be honest, I always preferred jab attacks with finishing blow than infinite jabs, so I can't say I'm disappointed by the change. On the contrary, I believe some characters will actually get better thanks to this.

Kirks21

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kirks_43
3DS FC
1848-1728-8218
Just throwing this out there: I hope this means that holding down A for an infinite jab is gone. I always felt that was a little too easy/lazy.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Just throwing this out there: I hope this means that holding down A for an infinite jab is gone. I always felt that was a little too easy/lazy.
They were all really easy to get out of though, in fact I almost never used them. Maybe sometimes on the edges.
I suspect Meta Knight's moveset is getting reworked a lot after this update, for some reason.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Now if you wanna rack up the damage you gotta stick two Lucarios together and hold B

Kirks21

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kirks_43
3DS FC
1848-1728-8218
They were all really easy to get out of though, in fact I almost never used them. Maybe sometimes on the edges.
I suspect Meta Knight's moveset is getting reworked a lot after this update, for some reason.
Yeah they were easy to get out of. But I mean from the attacking standpoint. Like it was too easy to just press A. Especially with Metaknight and Snake. And yeah, Metaknight seems like he's going to be very different based on this update alone.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I hope there's something Pokemon related tomorrow but I'm not holding my breath... because it's about 10-11 hours away.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
Can't wait to see what all the finishers are like.

I definitely prefer an ending attack instead of basically stopping your infinite jab or having your opponent get out of it. I feel like it'll lend more combo potential to those infi-jab characters.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
I feel like it'll lend more combo potential to those infi-jab characters.
Because everyone knows falcon and fox need more combo potential, right? :troll:
I wish there were more gameplay updates, they're more interesting than lots of things we usually see.
(also, we've been having very little throwaway pics of diddy and little mac, isn't that a bit weird?)

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I wish there were more gameplay updates, they're more interesting than lots of things we usually see.
(also, we've been having very little throwaway pics of diddy and little mac, isn't that a bit weird?)
Especially after Lucario and Rosalina...

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
Of course :troll:.

Definitely, that new ledge mechanic update was also pretty awesome. I just like seeing how the game will play, instead of Luigi's nose :troll:.

Very little throwaway pics? Prepare yourself!

rawrimamonster

Smash Ace
Infinite jabs now finishing off with a powerful attack is definitely an interesting change. I do wonder how exactly it will work.

To be honest, I always preferred jab attacks with finishing blow than infinite jabs, so I can't say I'm disappointed by the change. On the contrary, I believe some characters will actually get better thanks to this.

If you look at little ma'cs reveal you'll see exactly how it works lol. His rapid jabs end in finishers, that's why he looked so "brutal" on his reveal.

MasterLuigi

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2621-2835-8943
I think infinite jabs are still in. In Little Mac's trailer you can see him doing rapid consecutive punches and he finishes them with an uppercut which looks the finishing move for his A combo.

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Tomorrow will be a 3DS potd. I betcha'
Am I a bad person for getting disappointed by 3DS pics? I mean, I'll be buying both versions, but I'd much rather see a new HD Wii U screen than a 3DS screen that doesn't even look as good as it does in real time because it's size has been bloated.

MasterLuigi

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2621-2835-8943
Am I a bad person for getting disappointed by 3DS pics? I mean, I'll be buying both versions, but I'd much rather see a new HD Wii U screen than a 3DS screen that doesn't even look as good as it does in real time because it's size has been bloated.
I dislike 3DS pictures too. I guess Sakurai posts 3DS pictures every once in a while so people don't start panicking and getting crazy ideas like Villager and Wii Fit Trainer not being in the 3DS version.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
-Video Removed-

a lot of people were devastated that got kicked and quite a few people want him back

And plus did you even see some reactions when roy got confirmed for project m

Moderator Edit: Please do not post off-topic videos here.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Two important release dates tomorrow: The new Fossil Fighters game is releasing in Japan and it's the Pokemon anniversary in the west. I wonder how that'll affect the pic of the day.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Two important release dates tomorrow: The new Fossil Fighters game is releasing in Japan and it's the Pokemon anniversary in the west. I wonder how that'll affect the pic of the day.
For a stage or item

But character is a very slim chance

In what world a item or character or stage will come from fossil fighters

Last edited:

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
-Video Removed-

a lot of people were devastated that got kicked and quite a few people want him back

And plus did you even see some reactions when roy got confirmed for project m
imo, they werent excited that Roy was back, they were just glad something else from melee made it in. Other wise there'd be more Roys in tournaments and free play.

Seriously. Personally, really don't care much for characters and stages. Only one that has excited me so far was Marth.

I was more hyped for Link's Dair spike than Little Mac.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom