• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

link2702

Smash Champion
not too sure how i feel about it....on one hand it seems nice because certain jab infinites were often more likely to hurt the person using it than the opponent as they were easy to DI out of then punish, so having a set strong enough hit after em that can help to ensure the player using it won't end up being the one actually punished in the long run sounds like a good idea....

on the other hand this was clearly done due to noobs not knowing how to DI and complaining cuz they were jab infinited against a wall. Instead of learning the games mechanics which would of let em get out of that quite easily.

Priap0s

Smash Journeyman
An option would be nice too.
Like if you hold down A for the last jab-attack you perform it will follow up with a finish move. But if just a tap on A and nothing after, the character will just stop. This way you could do the finish move as early or late as you'd like. For example after 1hit or after 4hits depending on what jab you hold the A-button down. This way every character could stand and spam A-jabs by tapping or finish with a stronger knock back whenever they feel like it by holding down A on last jab (or just stop completly by tapping A and do nothing after).

Probably not the case tho. Seems more like the spam A-attacks are removed and every character gets an automatic finish hit after x ammount of hits. Simple. I like that too though, never liked the spam A's adn they almost always sucked.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Metaknight in particular is gonna have to be reworked. He had no standard attack, only the spam.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
......are you ****ing serious?

That image? That's from Kirby's Dreamland.
THIS is Super Star:

Did you even read the post? I even addressed that people should know he'd been in arenas at least as early as Super Star given that Ultra is a remake.
Wow...

Damn...

I'm sorry about that. I was very tired.

And also an *******.

On topic: I can't say I like the update. At least we still probably have tilt locks. Never mond, I read AA's usual brick of text. It was a cool update.

Last edited:

Accf124

Smash Journeyman
Rapid Jabs kinda deserved this, it was so easy to punish them and I find myself kinda avoiding them.

Espio264

Smash Ace
Wow, some of you stayed up until 4 for the update, and all we got was Fox love and a little mechanics. Good for you though. Die hard fans. All of my respect.

I had a dream where there was official art released, and the renders for Metaknight, Sheik and Yoshi were beautiful. And Shulk was on there too, but of course it was blurry. So essentially, I got a really great update. You know, Inception-wise.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Now if this games has Melee's momentum engine it would be perfect.
Please no, don't ruin the game with the physics engine that sings "Fallin' around at the speed of concrete block!" The balance of the game's being made around an engine that actually works.

:/ Useless mechanics info that could've been better explained on a Developer Direct? Yes.

Last edited:

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Please no, don't ruin the game with the physics engine that sings "Fallin' around at the speed of concrete block!" The balance of the game's being made around an engine that actually works.

:/ Useless mechanics info that could've been better explained on a Developer Direct? Yes.
Melee's engine works too as well. There's a reason Sakurai said it was more polished. Also, what does the momentum engine have to do with falling speed? This was far from useless. He posted something that effects a large portion of the cast moveset wise.

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Melee's engine works too as well. There's a reason Sakurai said it was more polished. Also, what does the momentum engine have to do with falling speed? This was far from useless. He posted something that effects a large portion of the cast moveset wise.
Useful = Items, Stages, Characters, Assist Trophies, etc...CONTENT!

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion

Someone is salty today. You do know though, that concrete blocks fall at the same speed as a bullet, or a pencil, or a textbook, or a train, or almost anything for that matter. We got a good bit of information today, but the question is. Will Link get his jab back, and will it actually be useful?

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Useful = Items, Stages, Characters, Assist Trophies, etc...CONTENT!
And we got something explaining GAMEPLAY. Knowing more about the gameplay is just as important (Actually it's more important) then knowing what content were getting. I hope you know that.

Last edited:

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
Updated. Kind mad that I waited up so long for this, and even madder that it posted like 10 minutes after I went to sleep.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
One thought on how this mechanic could work is that when the infinite combo performs its 7th attack, it'll then switch to the finishing attack.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
One thought on how this mechanic could work is that when the infinite combo performs its 7th attack, it'll then switch to the finishing attack.
Maybe it's manual.
Where you can stop the combo at any point (though I always found it better just to go into a grab but that's me).

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
It can't be manual though, as that would destroy the purpose of this mechanic change.
How exactly would it destroy the purpose of the mechanic change? The purpose is to give an actual end to infinite jab combos, and a finisher you can use at any time would pretty much meet that purpose.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
How exactly would it destroy the purpose of the mechanic change? The purpose is to give an actual end to infinite jab combos, and a finisher you can use at any time would pretty much meet that purpose.
The problem is the fact that if the infinite combo doesn't have a set end, characters like Meta Knight and Falco may never stop comboing people to death.

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
And we got something explaining GAMEPLAY. Knowing more about the gameplay is just as important (Actually it's more important) then knowing what content were getting. I hope you know that.
I'd rather have content or exciting gameplay news, like backwards specials or backwards Smashes, although it is pretty cool that you can cut off your own auto-combo now. I'd just like to not be limited to one lousy pic each day :/ Especially when we're getting so goddamn close to the game's release.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Regardless, the combo attacks may no longer be infinite, and that could keep Meta Knight and Falco from being too overpowered with their jab combos.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Remind me, is DI just holding the stick or is it slapping the stick in a direction repeatedly?

Especially when we're getting so goddamn close to the game's release.
You know something I don't?

Last edited:

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
The problem is the fact that if the infinite combo doesn't have a set end, characters like Meta Knight and Falco may never stop comboing people to death.
Except when said character gets above 30% or sdis out before.
Remind me, is DI just holding the stick or is it slapping the stick in a direction repeatedly?
DI itself is just holding a stick where you want to be launched, tap and smash DI are what is used to escape combos.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Well that was a nice good night sleep, what did I miss? ^_^

Ooh Fox is finally the one handing out the butt kicking? Nice for Fox there. c:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Regardless, the combo attacks may no longer be infinite, and that could keep Meta Knight and Falco from being too overpowered with their jab combos.
The only time any Meta Knight player would ever use his jab is by accident. It's his weakest move by far, unless you somehow get your opponent stuck in a corner, in which case it's the opponents own fault. Can't speak much for Falco, but I imagine it's somewhat the same. If anything this could mean a buff to them as it'd actually give them more utility.

Meta Knight's problem doesn't lie in his jab anyways, other parts of him needs to be nerfed for him to truly fall from his throne.

Last edited:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I'd rather have content or exciting gameplay news, like backwards specials or backwards Smashes, although it is pretty cool that you can cut off your own auto-combo now. I'd just like to not be limited to one lousy pic each day :/ Especially when we're getting so goddamn close to the game's release.
That invisible date in 2014.

StarshipGroove

Smash Journeyman
DI = influence the trajectory after being launched by an attack
SDI = tap stick while during the freeze frames of an attack to alter your position
ASDI = simply hold the stick and you will move out of most multi hit jabs

Of course dey are all glitches cuz competitive gameplay is teh devil, also y sakurai no show new stuffs instead of "gameplay changes" wut is dat doe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom