• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
I'm praying they make him slightly faster and he's not in free fall after quick draw so it's a recovery option.
Since the game speed itself is actually faster, Ike automatically gets a bit of a boost. And with natural combos, he won't have to rely so heavily on punishes anymore. As for his quick draw, the ability to pass through opponents and not stop in front of them would be a major buff. And I'm not talking the Project M quick draw where you can choose not to attack so you can pass through them.

I mean Ike hits them with quick draw, and still passes through. Just like the critical hits in his games. This way, someone can't just stop his recovery by putting their body in his path. If anything, it would be a sort of punishment for the edge-guarder trying to stop him in that fashion.

Last edited:

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
You know I understand the jokes here, but it does give me doubts that chrom will be in. 3 blue haired swordsmen? They'd have to make chrom different somehow.

I'm holding out hope for robin/MU or Anna now.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
You know I understand the jokes here, but it does give me doubts that chrom will be in. 3 blue haired swordsmen? They'd have to make chrom different somehow.
I don't see why people see this as such a big issue. Worst case scenario, Chrom would be a semiclone of Marth/Ike or a composite of those two characters but would that really be all that terrible, especially when Brawl had five semiclones that worked and most people liked?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Wait wait wait.

Charizard was better than Squirtle?
Sorry fatmanonice, but, NUP.

Like so nup, unfortunately staling + fatigue exists but,
Squirtle had a kill throw, charizard did not.
Squirtle's hurtbox size was in the smallest class, one of the best single qualities in the game.
All of squirtle's aerials are significantly better than Charizards. Like Squirtle's uair, bair and fair are some of the best in the game. Charizard's aerials are ALL bad. ALL OF THEM ARE BAD.
Squirtle has a frame 1 jab. Which was never appropriately used in the meta (like how ZSS uses her frame 1 jab).
Charizard's moveset is slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. So slow. I'm the guy who originally sat down and did PT's frame data. He even has a bugged out jump squat animation that disallows him from buffering aerials out of it
All zard really has on squirtle is weight, glide (the worst out of the three in every aspect) and not being grab released into stuff. They both have great grab ranges, they both have great dashes, Squirtle has a better walk speed and aerial mobliity. As a Marth main who trained with a PT main for the first 2-3 years of Brawl, Squirtle had the best chance of being able to beat Marth although he dies at any point above 15% from a grab because at least squirtle has options, unlike Charizard who was a big and slow without any significant quality other than grab range without any strong pressuring positions other than edge guarding. All zard ever had was Rock Smash as a gimmick.

Let me not get into the scenario where any character with a tech chase could come close to 0-deathing zard
(Zard has the worst back tech roll in the game, in fact its so bad that it literally will not go behind you if you're standing ontop of him).

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I know people expect Wario next week.... but considering we haven't had it in the PotD yet, I'm honestly expecting the Blue Shell Friday. It'd tie in to the MK8 release.

Last edited:

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
It'd be pretty odd to get ONE fighter between the direct and E3

But I was expecting none at all. So, I'm happy we got Ike

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
I am honestly curious what he'll do for Mario Kart 8 on the 30th.

Last edited:

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
He could also reveal a Wii U Mario Kart stage. Or he could officially reveal the lightning bolt item we already know about.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
He could also reveal a Wii U Mario Kart stage. Or he could officially reveal the lightning bolt item we already know about.
It'll be the lightening bolt, blue spiny shell, super mushroom, the bob-omb, the bullet bill, the boomerang, the green shell and the power star. Mario Kart and SSB share too many items.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
It'll be the lightening bolt, blue spiny shell, super mushroom, the bob-omb, the bullet bill, the boomerang, the green shell and the power star. Mario Kart and SSB share too many items.
More in part by Smash Bros stealing the items from Mario Kart.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I actually think it confirms chrom if marth and ike are starters then guess who is unlockable?
Nah, excluding things one would say are 'obvious', it is pretty impossible to tell who is unlockable or not in these games. I would honestly guess that Ike is the only starting FE character, like in Brawl, with Marth and any new FE character being unlockable.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Nah, excluding things one would say are 'obvious', it is pretty impossible to tell who is unlockable or not in these games. I would honestly guess that Ike is the only starting FE character, like in Brawl, with Marth and any new FE character being unlockable.
The starting roster could be debated forever I think. I still can't decide if I want the three blue haired lords fighting together, or if I'd rather a female FE rep. Eirika would be my first choice, or Micaiah. Neither are likely though. It'd be Lucina or female avatar before them, but Chrom would be above them. FE used confusion!

Anyway, looking forward to next weeks PotDs! I wonder how Ike has been modified, if at all. I love playing as Ike. I hope they've made his attacks just a little bit faster.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
The starting roster could be debated forever I think. I still can't decide if I want the three blue haired lords fighting together, or if I'd rather a female FE rep. Eirika would be my first choice, or Micaiah. Neither are likely though. It'd be Lucina or female avatar before them, but Chrom would be above them. FE used confusion!

Anyway, looking forward to next weeks PotDs! I wonder how Ike has been modified, if at all. I love playing as Ike. I hope they've made his attacks just a little bit faster.
Yeah, Starting characters and such, it is very tough to say how it will be this time. XD Damn you, Sakurai.
And well, I honestly don't Think that's a problem. They all Three have blue hair, but that doesn't matter at all. Sure it would be nice with Three different colors, but it's just the hair of Three very different characters. So it won't matter in the end. ^^ And I do Think Chrom will be the one to get it.

Looking at the pics, so far, no new moves or so has been shown, but I expect there to be some new things, if only to the animations.
Also, let's see him revealing a character every day until the Tournament now. You Heard it here first!

Staarih

Smash Master
I want to have three blue haired lords just to prove that they can be different and unique even if they share similar looks.

As for starting characters, it really is a confusing subject. I feel like both Marth and Ike could be starters, because we know them already, while the third one (Chrom) would be unlockable.

Anyway, Ike's reveal helped me get excited of the daily pics again. After the Direct I was a bit like "meh" but slowly I've been getting more into the pics. Hopefully next week is good! E3 is also just around the corner...

Last edited:

spader13

Smash Journeyman
I want to have three blue haired lords just to prove that they can be different and unique even if they share similar looks.

As for starting characters, it really is a confusing subject. I feel like both Marth and Ike could be starters, because we know them already, while the third one (Chrom) would be unlockable.

Anyway, Ike's reveal helped me get excited of the daily pics again. After the Direct I was a bit like "meh" but slowly I've been getting more into the pics. Hopefully next week is good! E3 is also just around the corner...
I don't think most users are concerned about their movesets being unique. I could easily see a Chrom moveset that's swordbased and still differs from Marth and Ike. However, if he's in, and I'd rather see them use his Lance from his promotion, just to get a different weapon, despite his sword being more iconic. I know that personally, I just feel they'd look a bit too similar, and since FE has a huge cast of characters with much more variety beyond blue-haired swordsmen, I'd rather see some of that variety represented in Smash. The only issue, of course, being that few of these non blue-haired swordsmen are the main character of their games.

As for the starting roster, I'd guess we get an FE newcomer, but for all we know, Marth could still end up the one locked since Ike was a starter and might stay a starter with the newcomer. As has been said, it's really hard to predict.

While I'm not expecting more characters before E3, I'm hoping we continue to get mechanic changes in the PotD, especially since we've gotten through a lot of the more passive ones this week (team colors and mirroring).

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Can someone remind me of which lord characters do NOT have blue hair?
  • Leif - FE4 - Brown
  • Roy - FE6 - Red
  • Lyn - FE7 - Green
  • Eliwood - FE7 - Red
  • Micaiah - FE10 - Silver
  • Alm - Gaiden - Green
  • Celica - Gaiden - Red
None of them really have a chance, unfortunately.

Last edited:

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
Can someone remind me of which lord characters do NOT have blue hair?
That's like asking which tigers don't have stripes, or which sharks don't want love. There are none, Duke. Even if they don't have blue hair, they have blue hair in spirit. :troll:

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
  • Leif - FE4 - Brown
  • Roy - FE6 - Red
  • Lyn - FE7 - Green
  • Eliwood - FE7 - Red
  • Micaiah - FE10 - Silver
  • Alm - Gaiden - Green
  • Celica - Gaiden - Red
None of them really have a chance, unfortunately.
You're forgetting Ephraim and Eirika.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
The problem is not just the blue hair.. It's having 3 almost indistinguishable swordsmen in overall design. Judging from awakening, chrom really should play like a mix of Ike and Marth, so it'd be curious to have 3 chars that all seem like shades of each other. Even the spacies aren't as similar as they would be.

Not saying it won't happen... Saying I hope the developers choose a more unique char for the 3rd rep.. A mage, thief, etc. Robin/MU and Anna would work better than chrom, imo, since Ike is back.

To the same point, I could see them including lucina over chrom and just making her very quick... I also once thought Hector would be great, because the axe would give variety, but honestly Ike is kind of filling the heavy weapon position.

Now if they gave chrom a Lance instead of a sword for some reason, I'd be completely on board

Last edited:

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
Not saying it won't happen... Saying I hope the developers choose a more unique char for the 3rd rep.. A mage, thief, etc. Robin/MU and Anna would work better than chrom, imo, since Ike is back.
I still say I'd rather see Donnel over any of the others. Uses a spear, in his mid-teens (so not a beefcake), visually incomparable to Marth and Ike, humble farmer kind of personality to set him apart even further, still winds up being the best unit in his origin game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom