• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProjectAngel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3179-5530-9222
Just so we're clear, Ike's return has no bearings on whether or not an Awakening rep will appear, be it Chrom, Lucina, Robin, or anyone else.

That said, SO glad Ike's back. And those muscles... dang. Looks like he decided to take on bodybuilding in between Smash installments.

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
So Ike, coffee or tea?
AETHER!

copyright jontron a million years ago

Last edited:

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Wow I'm glad Ikes back, and he's looking more badass this time around instead of just 'fighting for his friends.' Also, hopefully this shuts people up about Lucas.

(Also it feels good to be right hahahaha)

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Well to be fair fan art seems to stem from every reveal.
Even Toon Link... *shudders*. At least it hasn't reached Sonic level yet.

Well, Ike's back. Cool. This brings the total up to:

1. Mario
  2. Link
  3. Samus
  4. Kirby
  5. Pikachu
  6. Fox
  7. Donkey Kong
  8. Bowser
  9. Pit
  10. Villager
  11. Mega Man
  12. Wii Fit Trainer
  13. Olimar
  14. Luigi
  15. Peach
  16. Toon Link
  17. Sonic
  18. Marth
  19. Rosalina
  20. Zelda
  21. King Dedede
  22. Lucario
  23. Little Mac
  24. Diddy Kong
  25. Zero Suit Samus
  26. Sheik
  27. Yoshi
  28. Charizard
  29. Greninja
  30. Ike
31 characters. I wonder if we'll get one more before the end of the month, likely not but you never know. Wario for next Friday would be cool, but I doubt it.

Why does Sakurai go to the Fire Emblem cast if he needs a random reveal?

Last edited:

Artorias

Smash Journeyman
Even Toon Link... *shudders*. At least it hasn't reached Sonic level yet.

Well, Ike's back. Cool. This brings the total up to:

1. Mario
  2. Link
  3. Samus
  4. Kirby
  5. Pikachu
  6. Fox
  7. Donkey Kong
  8. Pikachu
  9. Bowser
  10. Pit
  11. Villager
  12. Mega Man
  13. Wii Fit Trainer
  14. Olimar
  15. Luigi
  16. Peach
  17. Toon Link
  18. Sonic
  19. Marth
  20. Rosalina
  21. Zelda
  22. King Dedede
  23. Lucario
  24. Little Mac
  25. Diddy Kong
  26. Zero Suit Samus
  27. Sheik
  28. Yoshi
  29. Charizard
  30. Greninja
  31. Ike
31 characters. I wonder if we'll get one more before the end of the month, likely not but you never know. Wario for next Friday would be cool, but I doubt it.

Why does Sakurai go to the Fire Emblem cast if he needs a random reveal?
you've listed pikachu 2 times(5th and 8th), ike is the 30th

Last edited:

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
OMG. Ike is hot.

Like it took me a while to even think of the implications of him being added, because of that model. xD

spader13

Smash Journeyman
I finally made it through all the posts. I'm glad Ike is back, although I'm less excited for him than I was for Brawl. I was expecting a much faster character since in game, he has a good speed cap and usually maxes it (and strength). Hopefully they've revamped him enough or the faster game speed will make playing him more fun. That said, I wasn't completely sure if he'd return, but I'm glad he did since he's my favorite FE lord. Upgrading him to his Radiant Dawn design is a logical move as well, and it looks great!

I've wanted Robin more than Chrom since the start of roster speculation, so hopefully when we get our Awakening rep, it's not a pure sword user.

Staarih

Smash Master
Now we shall observe when the "Challenger approaching"-banner is taken off of the Smash Bros site... just before Wario next week,

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I think this is his D-smash. He's on the Halberd platform.

I agree with everything else you said - I like these analytical posts. :)

--

This is likely to be Villager's D-tilt. It seems like U-tilt, D-tilt and Jab all use the twig.

EDIT: Actually, I think it is most likely a taunt after realizing that Villager isn't facing right.
Where'd you find this picture?

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
you have to click on today's post! it will appear between the comments! Sakurai does this a lot! Better go back and check a couple of them!
I usually get to Miiverse from the Official Smash Bros website and the link isn't there. Also, Miiverse was giving me error meesages for some reason. Nevertheless, I was able to see it so thank you all.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Yay, Ike is back to spite the people who thought they understood how Sakurai picks fire emblem characters. XP

I've said it once and I'll continue saying it: Everyone's systems of reasoning for character predictions are ultimately worthless.

In other news, I like Ike's model. Actually looks like he has the muscle to use that giant sword of his.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
My not so original predictions for the coming weeks and the remaining 4 Brawl veteran starters:

-Wario by next Friday
-Lucas by the Friday before E3
-Metaknight and Ice Climbers at E3 with significant changes

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
Yay, Ike is back to spite the people who thought they understood how Sakurai picks fire emblem characters. XP
We understand how Sakurai picks his Fire Emblem characters:

1.) Does it have blue hair?
2.) Is it a Lord?
3.) Is it male?
4.) Does he use a sword?

If yes, put into Smash. :troll:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622

I've said it once and I'll continue saying it: Everyone's systems of reasoning for character predictions are ultimately worthless.

In other news, I like Ike's model. Actually looks like he has the muscle to use that giant sword of his.
That's what she said.
On topic, am I the only one that thinks this new 'format' of revealing with the characters eyes a-la (Coincidentally) Fire Emblem critical animation IS THE COOLEST THING EVER!?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
That's what she said.
On topic, am I the only one that thinks this new 'format' of revealing with the characters eyes a-la (Coincidentally) Fire Emblem critical animation IS THE COOLEST THING EVER!?
Yes, it is quite awesome looking. And it does resemble the critical cut-in (which is also really awesome looking)

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
My not so original predictions for the coming weeks and the remaining 4 Brawl veteran starters:

-Wario by next Friday
I doubt we're getting anything before E3 now.

I'll be pretty surprised if Wario doesn't make an appearance at E3 now though. Meta Knight will probably appear too.

Ice Climbers and Ness/Lucas could make an appearance, although they might be saved for the gap between E3 and the release of the 3DS version.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I think the main reason this hurts Chrom's chances is because the new Ike design is really similar with the exposed arms, the shoulder pad, the cape, the raised collar, and the straps over the chest.

Far from identical obviously, but close enough that I would wonder why Ike would get this new look if the new Fire Emblem character was going to be so similar looking, especially when the two could have been more differentiated by simply updating Ike's old look. I think a nice compromise, and at this point perhaps even a likely one, would be for Chrom and Lucina to be alts for Ike and Marth respectively. The models would be similar enough that I think it could be a fairly easy change to make, and if they got their own voices then it would actually end up being a pretty fair and faithful way to include those characters. As in, they're virtually in the game, just without their own movesets. Then if there's a third Fire Emblem spot, it can be Anna or Robin or somebody else with something new and unique to offer as a Fire Emblem rep. Or you know, Roy I guess.

Of course, Chrom could still be in, but this definitely brings some doubt into the equation.
Yes, I noticed this even before Ike was revealed. This isn't even accounting for the various obvious similarities Chrom and Ike's character have.

Tough mercenary, cares deeply about his men, wields a legendary sword with one hand even though it is supposed to be two-handed...there's more, I bet.

To be fair, all Lords have similarities, though Chrom's and Ikes are very apparent, especially to an outside observer with little knowledge of either.

I'm definitely on the Robin/Anna/Roy boat now.

Last edited:

juddy96

Smash Lord
Not intending to be mean, but Wario should just be thrown in at E3 because he is a lock anyway, he doesn't need his own POTD reveal. Ike, however, had some doubters, and this was a great way to hype things up again before E3.

Shroob

Sup?
Honestly, I had an idea that Ike might have been back, but I didn't know if I'd be correct. I just figured that since Smash hadn't used his Radiant Dawn design, that they'd use it here... Granted, I wrote Ike out in my rosters so guilty as charged.

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
HELL YEAH IKE IS BACK

Ike was definitely my favorite Fire Emblem character in Smash Bros., so I'm SO glad to see him back. Plus this shuts up the "Ike is cut lolz" people.

He also seems a lot more...muscular this time, which is cool.

I better prepare myself to fight for his friends otherwise I'll get no sympathy from him. :troll:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
About Wario, I'd like him to be shown during the E3 with changes, in a similar way we saw the changes to veterans during the direct.

Shroob

Sup?
I feel sort of the same about Wario, to be frank.

I feel like people are forgetting there is a certain item that will most likely be shown off next week if nothing else to commemorate MK8. The Blue Spiky Shell of course.

I dare say the Blue Shell is one of the most famous things about Mario Kart, which Nintendo has acknowledged in the past.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Yikes, it's Ike!
Yes I just had to!

Great to see Ike back, even though I hardly ever played as him. :)

:toonlink::lucario::ike:
Three in...
:lucas::wolf::snake:
Three left to go.
Come on Sakurai... c:

Last edited:

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
I'll be surprised to see G&W and ROB get cut, really.

And I'll have to disagree with you guys. Unless Wario's got a drastic Wario Land/World-inspired moveset adjustment instead of the spastic gremlin moveset he had in Brawl, I'd rather see some Mother love in the upcoming Directs.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I doubt we're getting anything before E3 now.

I'll be pretty surprised if Wario doesn't make an appearance at E3 now though. Meta Knight will probably appear too.

Ice Climbers and Ness/Lucas could make an appearance, although they might be saved for the gap between E3 and the release of the 3DS version.
I don't know. Ike was literally revealed for no reason a little more than two weeks before E3 which is going to have a Direct, a Smash tournament, and a Q and A entirely dedicated to SSB4. With all these opportunities to reveal characters in a single day, it would have been super easy for them to have simply held off until E3 but, for whatever reason, they didn't so I don't think it's too farfetched that we'll get at least one more person before the big day. Besides, strings of character reveals are not at all unusual. Peach, Toon Link, and Sonic were all revealed within the span of a month and so were Rosalina, Zelda, and King Dedede as well as Lucario, Little Mac, and Diddy.

Last edited:

shadowjosh

Smash Apprentice
You think Ike is sexy, just wait until Zero Suit Snake gets confirmed. Dat ass.

Anyways, congrats to the Ike supporters. Even though he's a lock, I'm going to react the same way when Wario is confirmed.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
So.... when does Gamesradar admit they were wrong...again?
Gotta love Gamesradar. In the ultimate irony ROB is the only character cut and spends his life following gamesradar and telling them they are wrong about everything.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

-Wario by next Friday
I still don't see Lucas returning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom