• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Anyone else notice that Ike has a KNEE now?
#NewForwardAirConfirmed
#FalconMovesetDisectedAndSpreadAcrossTheOceans

(Likely his landing animation I think [because its definitely Marth's landing animation], but sure does look like Falcon's forward air, haha)

Last edited:

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
This is likely to be Villager's D-tilt. It seems like U-tilt, D-tilt and Jab all use the twig.

EDIT: Actually, I think it is most likely a taunt after realizing that Villager isn't facing right.
Not sure what it is exactly but I believe the D-tilt is pulling out weeds.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Surely Ike's muscles isn't the only thing that grew! ^______________^

k, I'm done here.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
The Pocketmangs have gotten enuff attention as it is. Jiggs is a staple sure, but F-Zero and Mother need love too, and really those two should've been shown by now anyway, everyone (I mean everyone) knows they're going to be in. Like Marth, there's no point in hiding or delaying them any longer.
Yeah, I get it. It's just a bit odd to me whenever people mention Ness and Falcon together but leave out the 'Puff, but that's probably just me. Carry on.

QJD1381

Smash Apprentice
Wait... * looks at older posts *

Dang, I got ninja'd with the "Ike is cut" joke by like a hundred people.

Sil

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1032-1490-1609
Jeez, someone has been working out!

...Seriously, those muscles are kinda freaking me out.

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
Anyone else notice that Ike has a KNEE now?
#NewForwardAirConfirmed
#FalconMovesetDisectedAndSpreadAcrossTheOceans

(Likely his landing animation I think [because its definitely Marth's landing animation], but sure does look like Falcon's forward air, haha)

I'm 99% sure that's a taunt where he kneels down and draws his arms in, surging with power and grunting.

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
If any veterans get revealed at E3, it really ought to be Captain Falcon and Ness. C'mon now. Smash is less Smashy without them.
Agreed that they're part of what makes smash "smashy", but I think that they're probably secret characters again this time around. Although we've seen Marth, Luigi, Lucario, and Toon Link at this point so who knows. They're in the game though, no need to worry about that.

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I'm 99% sure that's a taunt where he kneels down and draws his arms in, surging with power and grunting.
It's the animation he makes before taking off/catching Aether for his up special.

On another note ZSS also got a knee move, so I wouldn't be surprised if his jab kick got updated.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
My guess is it's part of his up special.

Agreed that they're part of what makes smash "smashy", but I think that they're probably secret characters again this time around. They're in the game though, no need to worry about that.
Similar things could be said about Marth and Luigi and Lucario and TL...

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Pocketmangs
Why have I never seen this before? This is quality. :laugh:

I'm interested in finding out if Ike got any significant changes to compliment his visual update a la ZSS, but his moveset was very well done in Brawl I doubt we'll see anything too radical.

kataridragon

Smash Ace
I'm surprised to see this announcement tonight. I wasn't expecting Ike's return. Hmmm.

Way less cuts than I was expecting as well. Maybe this roster will breach 50+....

Roy and mewtwos return would amaze me.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Yep, that knee is a part of his Aether Animation.

Oh, and I'm waiting for Fatmanonice to post his reaction. :p

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Oh man Ike, his redesign looks so badass. I think I need to change my boxers.
You're still wearing them? Get with the program, dude, most people in here stripped themselves clean 5 pages ago. That's why the thread got filled with everyone's fangasm.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Sakurai, you've done it again. Put your hand up if you saw Ike being revealed tonight. Put your hand down you liars.

*Raises hand*

looky here:

really itching for a character reveal... have had a weird feeling about ike though i usually "cut" him when i make prediction rosters.

not getting too hopeful though.

There was actually someone who had a feeling Ike would be revealed on Thursday. I am not even ****ting you, I can't remember his name though.
^Haha yup that was me... sorry for continuing to point this out im just really pumped i actually called Ike

Woke up being summoned to the porcelain throne, came to look at the page since I was up anyway, and low and behold: Ike. Personally, he does nothing for me, but I'm glad the post-Direct drought is over. He does look pretty cool though.

Last edited:

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Your friends and the world.

Between 'Mac, Hyrule Warriors Link, and now Ike, the target of the fanservice is slowly being changed to females lately.
Fixed.

Seriously, I'm really starting to believe they're trying to appeal to a female audience. Not only have they about doubled the number of Female characters you can play as, but the sex appeal of the male characters are up by about 200%. I've read shojo manga with less gorgeous looking men. You even got variety, you got your wood chopping manly man(Ike), your strong and buff but still kinda cute and wubable(Little Mac), your pretty boy (Link) your I-can't-belive-it's-not-a-woman high class prince type(Marth), and your boyish cutie(Pit). And probably more to come. Thrown in the unconventually attractive one(dat Luigi) and you've got a dating sim cast right there.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Where does the good Captain, who still has not been shown, fit into the female fanservice hypothesis?

That silly hypothesis aside, Ike looks fantastic in smash 4; they really did him justice with his new model. I really didn't expect a character reveal pre-E3, but I suppose with the contest they figured they had better tell half the casual Brawl audience that their main is back which is, likewise, why Ike was always a shoe-in to return.

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
Well, unless they also want chrom to use aether I can't figure out how he'd play differently than Ike.

Bring on Robin.

Last edited:

Sxips

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dark_Dino
Switch FC
SW-8329-8819-7281
I was surprised they showed him before E3. I like playing as Ike a lot and I like how for this game they used a different design for him. Can't wait to see the changes they made to him.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Where does the good Captain, who still has not been shown, fit into the female fanservice hypothesis?

That silly hypothesis aside, Ike looks fantastic in smash 4; they really did him justice with his new model. I really didn't expect a character reveal pre-E3, but I suppose with the contest they figured they had better tell half the casual Brawl audience that their main is back which is, likewise, why Ike was always a shoe-in to return.
Obviously the dashing badboy-outlaw-rebel without a cause that drives fast cars faster than they're meant to be driven who your father doesn't want to see you around.
Speaking of which I hope Captain Falcon has a helmet alt. costume.
You could do some beautiful things with that face.)
(also I suppose I should put a disclaimer that I'm mostly just being silly. Mostly. I don't actually think Sakurai is secretly trying to engineer an otome game or anything.)

Last edited:

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
Obviously the dashing badboy-outlaw-rebel without a cause that drives fast cars faster than they're meant to be driven.
Speaking of which I hope Captain Falcon has a helmet alt. costume.
You could do some beautiful things with that face.)
(also I suppose I should put a disclaimer that I'm mostly just being silly. Mostly. I don't actually think Sakurai is secretly trying to engineer an otome game or anything.)
But what we have noticed is that Sakurai ships LinkxPeach. And now, quite possibly, IkexEvery-female-in-the-game. Or Ike's too manly to care, as is the case by the end of Radiant Dawn, anyway.

Aduross

Smash Apprentice
Good stuff. I liked Ike pretty well in Brawl, so I'm glad he's made a return. His new design is pretty badass, everyone's mentioned his muscles (I mean how can you not? <3) but I'm liking the fiercer, more determined expression he's sporting.

Now we just need a flexing contest between Ike, Mac, Captian Falcon, and Hii Fit Trainer. Welcome to the GUN SHOW. B)

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I told a friend of mine yesterday that I thought we would see Ike or Lucas today (for no real reason.) WHY DIDN'T I POST THAT!

I can't wait to see those losers from Gamesradar apologize for being wrong again. It's the only time I ever watch their videos.

Also...come on Lucas!

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Aaaaaw yeah! I knew this guy was gonna return!
Me too, brother. Me too. Feels so good.

Nintendo is building all kinds of hype and speculation up for E3. I haven't cared about E3 in so many years, I don't even remember.

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I'm calling it now! We will get a rapid fire week of veterans, so one every week until E3.

• Wario will be on the 30th for Mario Kart 8.
  • Ness for the following week because he probably won't have anything announced for E3 for him to be super relevant at the time.
  • Ganondorf, Jiggs, and C. Falcon will be the 4 veterans announced at E3.
  • Metaknight will have a special reveal trailer with a 100% brand new moveset, and that's why he was taken so long. However it will also announce Bandana Dee. Kind of how Charizard was revealed along with Greninja.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
It's funny, I was so used to deconfirmations that when I saw the pic on the website my first thought was: "What character just got deconfirmed."

Of course, it started slowly sinking in that it was Ike, and so I scrolled down to see he was playable. My reaction then was:

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! :D"

I'm all for Ike returning. He may not be my playstyle, but he certainly shouldn't have been cut. Also, redesign is awesome. :3

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
I found something interesting.
It's funny, I was so used to deconfirmations that when I saw the pic on the website my first thought was: "What character just got deconfirmed."

Of course, it started slowly sinking in that it was Ike, and so I scrolled down to see he was playable. My reaction then was:

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! :D"

I'm all for Ike returning. He may not be my playstyle, but he certainly shouldn't have been cut. Also, redesign is awesome. :3
So at first you weren't able to recognize him as Ike? Shame on you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom