• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbi

Scavenger
I dont think Ike and Chrom's similar design means anything. We have 3 princesses, 2 plumbers and 3 space animals. It'd be like saying Jigglypuff wont be in the game because she looks too much like Kirby. That's why she got in, because her model was easy.
#Logic
#Truth
#Justice
Last week page 409 of this thread:

Earlier this week page 425 of this thread:

I have predicted NO other characters in this span of time, check my posts.
Yes, you were the guy I was talking about. You totally called this! Good job, man!

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
A tad bit disappointed that Ike didn't come secretly packaged with a Wii U Fire Emblem stage, but maybe they're saving that for the Awakening rep reveal, if there is going to be one at all.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Oh MY GOD, I ALMOST FORGOT TO LAUGHT AT THE PEOPLE WHO WERE DISAPPOINTED AT THE FIRST COUPLE PICS THIS WEEK AND TOOK IT AS TOTAL LOGICAL COMFIRMATION THAT WE'D BE GETTING NOTHING PICKS ALL WEEK/TILL E3!

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!!

Few, that was a close one.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Is it now safe to say at least 3 reps from major franchises be in the roster? Please?

Lucina
Dixie Kong
Paula/Poo
Krystal (if Wolf gets cuts probably not :\\\\\\\\\\\\)
Ridley and Ridley Jr. ?????

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
A tad bit disappointed that Ike didn't come secretly packaged with a Wii U Fire Emblem stage, but maybe they're saving that for the Awakening rep reveal, if there is going to be one at all.
I'd be really surprised if there wasnt. Awakening has been their most successful entry yet.

Morbi

Scavenger
Oh MY GOD, I ALMOST FORGOT TO LAUGHT AT THE PEOPLE WHO WERE DISAPPOINTED AT THE FIRST COUPLE PICS THIS WEEK AND TOOK IT AS TOTAL LOGICAL COMFIRMATION THAT WE'D BE GETTING NOTHING PICKS ALL WEEK/TILL E3!

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!!

Few, that was a close one.
This was probably the best week in general (not counting the Direct). We got team color mechanic alterations, palette swaps, and Ike.

Rave Fetus was discouraging though.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Is it now safe to say at least 3 reps from major franchises be in the roster? Please?

Lucina
Dixie Kong
Paula/Poo
I wish that was safe to say. Nothing is safe.

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
Mario and Luigi look way to similar, Luigi should be cut. *mind blown*
See, I knew that would be the first argument somebody made. Mario and Luigi look similar, but given the difference in their body types, I'd say they actually look more different than Chrom and Ike. Not to mention the fact that Luigi is Luigi and gets to be in Smash Bros because he's god damn Luigi. There's a pretty huge difference between cutting an iconic character with a twenty five year history who has been in every game in the series, and adding a new one from a year old game who only fans of their origin series would be familiar with. It's a false equivalency. Chrom is not Luigi, and we've seen nothing conclusive to suggest he's in the game beyond Arena Ferox (which doesn't necessarily have to correspond to a character) and a leak. And besides, I didn't say he won't be in, just that this does affect his chances somewhat.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

Lucina
Dixie Kong
Paula/Poo
Earthbound/Mother a major franchise?

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319

Lucina
Dixie Kong
Paula/Poo
It will most likely be Chrom, it makes no sense to be anyone else. If I recall correctly they made a DLC in which they made bathing suit shots of the top 2 male and female characters. Chrom being the number 1 male character I believe.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
#Logic
#Truth
#Justice

Yes, you were the guy I was talking about. You totally called this! Good job, man!
Thanks! haha i'll be believing my intuition from now on...maybe ill sign up for one of those psychic detective agency thingies or something...

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
Let's not get too optimistic, I would be deeply surprised if Squirtle comes back, and things look grim for Ivysaur too. Plus we're all still waiting for something, anything, to confirm or deconfirm Snake. But I'd say Lucas and Wolf's chances are looking much better for sure.
Well by PKMN Trainer I meant Squirtle and Ivysaur. Snake still has a slight chance.

Everyone else though, I can see coming back. Toon Link, Ike and Lucario all came back, and everyone thought they were cut for sure. Wolf is the only other questionable one, and odds are, if those three are back, Wolf should be back as well. Lucas has a great chance of coming back now as well, I agree.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
I think the main reason this hurts Chrom's chances is because the new Ike design is really similar with the exposed arms, the shoulder pad, the cape, the raised collar, and the straps over the chest.

Far from identical obviously, but close enough that I would wonder why Ike would get this new look if the new Fire Emblem character was going to be so similar looking, especially when the two could have been more differentiated by simply updating Ike's old look. I think a nice compromise, and at this point perhaps even a likely one, would be for Chrom and Lucina to be alts for Ike and Marth respectively. The models would be similar enough that I think it could be a fairly easy change to make, and if they got their own voices then it would actually end up being a pretty fair and faithful way to include those characters. As in, they're virtually in the game, just without their own movesets. Then if there's a third Fire Emblem spot, it can be Anna or Robin or somebody else with something new and unique to offer as a Fire Emblem rep. Or you know, Roy I guess.

Of course, Chrom could still be in, but this definitely brings some doubt into the equation.
Sal Romano protects Chrom's chances.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon

You know the three look completely different and get unique gameplay, I don´t see the big deal in having the three Blue Haired Swordsmen,

.n_n.

Morbi

Scavenger
Well by PKMN Trainer I meant Squirtle and Ivysaur. Snake still has a slight chance.

Everyone else though, I can see coming back. Toon Link, Ike and Lucario all came back, and everyone thought they were cut for sure. Wolf is the only other questionable one, and odds are, if those three are back, Wolf should be back as well. Lucas has a great chance of coming back now as well, I agree.
Not everyone; trust me, there were intelligent speculators around, we are just in the minority.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
The main reason Chrom's chance is attenuated is because... shoulder pads? Mmkay.
SHOULDER PADS! AAAAAAAAH!

HUTHUTHUTHUTHUTHUTHUTHUTHUTHUT!

If you don't watch BrainscratchComms or you aren't IsmaR, you won't get this joke, so ignore me and move on. <3

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319

Characters I see on everyone's cut lists:

R.O.B. (no), Mr. G&W (no), Lucas (no), Jigglypuff (no), Wolf (no).

I'm pretty sure we will get no cut characters except for Snake, and the 2 other Pokemon.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
Ike, Marth, Chrom.... my dream. FOr those whosay Chrom's chances are hurt, I urge you take a look a little leak called Sal Romano.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
See, I knew that would be the first argument somebody made. Mario and Luigi look similar, but given the difference in their body types, I'd say they actually look more different than Chrom and Ike. Not to mention the fact that Luigi is Luigi and gets to be in Smash Bros because he's god damn Luigi. There's a pretty huge difference between cutting an iconic character with a twenty five year history who has been in every game in the series, and adding a new one from a year old game who only fans of their origin series would be familiar with. It's a false equivalency. Chrom is not Luigi, and we've seen nothing conclusive to suggest he's in the game beyond Arena Ferox (which doesn't necessarily have to correspond to a character) and a leak. And besides, I didn't say he won't be in, just that this does affect his chances somewhat.
Chrom and Ike have a drastically different colour scheme, and a completely different body shape. A better argument woukd be comparing Chrom to Marth, not Ike.

I agree about Luigi being god-damn Luigi though.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Or Final Smash(Hopefuly not though. We've been getting too many Transformation FSs. Unless he just transforms to do one attack).
I would think they'd just keep Great Aether, but make it flashier and maybe a little shorter.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Characters I see on everyone's cut lists:

R.O.B. (no), Mr. G&W (no), Lucas (no), Jigglypuff (no), Wolf (no).

I'm pretty sure we will get no cut characters except for Snake, and the 2 other Pokemon.
WTF? It's one thing to think ROB is getting cut but MR. G&W? :confused:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
Crashboards couldn't handle the hype and had to take a breather.

But we're back folks.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
YEEEAAAH!

AT LONG LAST, my last awaited veteran was confirmed. :colorful: This is truly a wonderful day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom