• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staarih

Smash Master
Ike's too buff to have been cut.

But yeah, it's definitely looking like a "no cuts" scene, except for maybe Squirtle and Ivysaur (and, sadly, Snake?)

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
IKE !!! Brace for the incoming Chrom, Isaac and Shulk arguments!

I KNEW today would be either a character reveal or major disconfirmation. Sakurai knows he has only 10 more updates left before the reveal apocalypse that is E3, so likely no more filler.

The next 2 weeks are gonna be really good, folks!

Predictions:

---Wario next Friday
---Another Vet the Friday before E3.

---and at least two of the following disconfirmed:

Isaac
Ghirahim,
Tingle
Shulk
Cranky Kong
Lip
Mach Rider
Bandana Dee
Krystal
Paper Mario
Bayonetta
Takamaru
Hades
Medusa

Morbi

Scavenger
It's an assumption. These three are very much alike, appearance-wise at least. That doesn't add much to the unique factor Sakurai is trying to bring to the game. At least when it comes to Star Fox characters you could tell the 3 animals apart, the fox, the bird and the wolf.
That is a fair assumption; I suppose the phrasing of your original post confused me. I mean, it sounded as though you were making an objective claim. I apologize.

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
I actually think Lucina's chances have risen. Because variety.
I agree, people don't seem to realize that variety affects this. Female, male, either one is fine, but for the sake of difference I just want someone who doesn't use a sword. And preferably not to have blue hair. You can rip into me but I would dislike having Chrom at this point; just a simple feeling.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
B-but, Ike's not relevant now! Sakurai's gonna cut Ike and replace him with Chrom (who's a new and popular Lord)! I mean, Ike replaced Roy in Brawl, so it only makes sense. Right?... Right!?

Nah, I'm just joking.

Congrats, Ike fans. It's nice to see a vet return, especially Ike who still has popularity even today (got some shout-outs in Awakening. Seems like IS is pretty fond of this Lord).

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Ike's too buff to have been cut.

But yeah, it's definitely looking like a "no cuts" scene, except for maybe Squirtle and Ivysaur (and, sadly, Snake?)
No, he's cut alright.

B-but, Ike's not relevant now! Sakurai's gonna cut Ike and replace him with Chrom (who's a new and popular Lord)! I mean, Ike replaced Roy in Brawl, so it only makes sense. Right?... Right!?

Nah, I'm just joking.

Congrats, Ike fans. It's nice to see a vet return, especially Ike who still has popularity even today (got some shout-outs in Awakening. Seems like IS is pretty fond of this Lord).
I hope this increases R.O.B.'s chances then.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
No, he's cut alright.
Ah, I see what you did there!

Nah, I'm just joking.

I always like these reveals, they are bitter sweet. I am excited, but I am also aggravated (as there is a lot of incompetence). They are great. I want to slam my head against the wall, but I want to do it with happiness!

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
To everyone saying Chrom is a likely E3 reveal now... I agree. Or some kind of FE character.

I love Chrom. The three blue lords would be awesome. The silver and white armour should go alongside the red and the blue.

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
I think the main reason this hurts Chrom's chances is because the new Ike design is really similar with the exposed arms, the shoulder pad, the cape, the raised collar, and the straps over the chest.

Far from identical obviously, but close enough that I would wonder why Ike would get this new look if the new Fire Emblem character was going to be so similar looking, especially when the two could have been more differentiated by simply updating Ike's old look. I think a nice compromise, and at this point perhaps even a likely one, would be for Chrom and Lucina to be alts for Ike and Marth respectively. The models would be similar enough that I think it could be a fairly easy change to make, and if they got their own voices then it would actually end up being a pretty fair and faithful way to include those characters. As in, they're virtually in the game, just without their own movesets. Then if there's a third Fire Emblem spot, it can be Anna or Robin or somebody else with something new and unique to offer as a Fire Emblem rep. Or you know, Roy I guess.

Of course, Chrom could still be in, but this definitely brings some doubt into the equation.

Last edited:

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
I seriously don't think anyone has been cut from Brawl other than PKMN Trainer

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
It was obvious Ike was coming back. Nothing good rhymes with Chrom like Roy/Boy and Ike/Like.

CHROM IS THE BOMB?
maybe.
Ughh.
that actually sounds pretty hype
ughh.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Cute.

I think the main reason this hurts Chrom's chances is because the new Ike design is really similar with the exposed arms, the shoulder pad, the cape, the raised collar, and the straps over the chest.

Far from identical obviously, but close enough that I would wonder why Ike would get this new look if the new Fire Emblem character was going to be so similar looking, especially when the two could have been more differentiated by simply updating Ike's old look. I think a nice compromise, and at this point perhaps even a likely one, would be for Chrom and Lucina to be alts for Ike and Marth respectively. The models would be similar enough that I think it could be a fairly easy change to make, and if they got their own voices then it would actually end up being a pretty fair and faithful way to include those characters. As in, they're virtually in the game, just without their own movesets. Then if there's a third Fire Emblem spot, it can be Anna or Robin or somebody else with something new and unique to offer as a Fire Emblem rep. Or you know, Roy I guess.

Of course, Chrom could still be in, but this definitely brings some doubt into the equation.
The main reason Chrom's chance is attenuated is because... shoulder pads? Mmkay.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
Here's my thoughts on it:

Ike's confirmation doesn't hurt Chrom's chances, it raises Robin's chances.

I highly, HIGHLY, HIGHLY doubt that we're not going to see some kind of Awakening representation in this game.

Having said that, Ike's confirmation, one of the guys highest on everyone's list to likely get cut, simply supports the fact that we're going to get all the Brawl veterans by virtue of them borrowing from Brawl's framework to get the game out faster. It's easy to put in characters you have all the animations, frame data and attacks for. Just give 'em a shiny new coat of paint, do some balance tweaking and throw 'em out the door.

This is, honestly, spectacular news, simply by further virtue that the chances of us having more newcomers increases 'cause all the time they'd have spent putting these characters together from scratch would've eaten up all the development time. Guess if we see Wolf or Lucas drop anytime soon, we'll know for sure 100%.

tl;dr: Chances: Robin +, Chrom -/+, All Brawl Veterans +, More Newcomers +++++

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319

Mario and Luigi look way to similar, Luigi should be cut. *mind blown*

Also Rosalina and Peach? Rosalina should have totes not been in the game because they share a dress and have blondish hair.

Last edited:

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
I seriously don't think anyone has been cut from Brawl other than PKMN Trainer
Let's not get too optimistic, I would be deeply surprised if Squirtle comes back, and things look grim for Ivysaur too. Plus we're all still waiting for something, anything, to confirm or deconfirm Snake. But I'd say Lucas and Wolf's chances are looking much better for sure.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero

If memory serves, Ike's look is based off his Gamecube game "Path of Radiance".

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I dont think Ike and Chrom's similar design means anything. We have 3 princesses, 2 plumbers and 3 space animals. It'd be like saying Jigglypuff wont be in the game because she looks too much like Kirby. That's why she got in, because her model was easy.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Last week page 409 of this thread:

I have a funny feeling about Ike...which is strange because he's the character I always "cut" when i'm making prediction rosters.

No reason beyond i've been thinking about him lately... though if he's revealed then I'll ride the "I have legit info on the new smash game" train...just kidding...maybe not.

Earlier this week page 425 of this thread:

really itching for a character reveal... have had a weird feeling about ike though i usually "cut" him when i make prediction rosters.

not getting too hopeful though.

I have predicted NO other characters in this span of time, check my posts.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Let's not get too optimistic, I would be deeply surprised if Squirtle comes back, and things look grim for Ivysaur too. Plus we're all still waiting for something, anything, to confirm or deconfirm Snake. But I'd say Lucas and Wolf's chances are looking much better for sure.
If the 4 cuts thing is true, (which it ain't), it would mean Squirtle, Ivysaur, Snake, and someone else. Maybe Lucas, but probably not likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom