• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
*wakes up randomly*

Yesterday was pretty soul crushing after learning I'll have to stay in grad school for yet another semester due to information the University didn't bother to share with me so hopefully Sakurai won't disappoint today...

*checks Miiverse*

!

IKE'S BACK! IKE'S BACK! THE CHROM VS IKE WARS ARE FINALLY OVER! EVERYBODY'S GETTING LAID TONIGHT! I REPEAT, EVERYBODY'S GETTING LAID TONIGHT! HOW DOES IT TASTE GAMES RADAR?!? HOW... DOES.... IT.... TASTE?!?

So, with this reveal, Lucas is the only Brawl starter left that hasn't been strongly hinted at. With this being said, the starting roster of Brawl (minus Squirtle and Ivysaur, probably) is almost certainly coming back!

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
*wakes up randomly*

Yesterday was pretty soul crushing after learning I'll have to stay in grad school for yet another semester due to information the University didn't bother to share with me so hopefully Sakurai won't disappoint today...

*checks Miiverse*

!

IKE'S BACK! IKE'S BACK! THE CHROM VS IKE WARS ARE FINALLY OVER! EVERYBODY'S GETTING LAID TONIGHT! I REPEAT, EVERYBODY'S GETTING LAID TONIGHT! HOW DOES IT TASTE GAMES RADAR?!? HOW... DOES.... IT.... TASTE?!?

So, with this reveal, Lucas is the only Brawl starter left that hasn't been strongly hinted at. With this being said, the starting roster of Brawl (minus Squirtle and Ivysaur, probably) is almost certainly coming back!
But if there's a uneven amount of males and females, there will be yaoi. So, that's a good thing!

Also, if that's the reaction of Ike getting revealed, I can't wait to see what happens when Ridley and Mewtwo are shown.

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman
Nice to see him back, there really was no reason he wouldn't be back but when spending to much time on this forum you'll be happy to see anyone back.

Also, dem muscles yo. What have you be using Ike? Good change though, It always looked awkward how strong he was in brawl while didn't look that strong at all.

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
But what we have noticed is that Sakurai ships LinkxPeach. And now, quite possibly, IkexEvery-female-in-the-game IkexMarth
Fixed. Ike is a one-woman type of man, obvs! :troll:

But srsly doe. Ike, y u so manry? <333 It'll be interesting to see what this means for other FE reps... personally, I'm hoping for Robin/Tactician. Chrom... eh, I've played Awakening, he just doesn't stand out much to me. I feel like anybody who doesn't really know much about FE will just be constantly getting him confused for either Ike or Marth, like, "Why does Ike/Marth have a separate character select icon for this alt costume?" Well, we'll see. I do like anything that makes the Gematsu leak appear to lose some credibility, though, even if it's only in my mind XD

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
HE FIGHTS FOR HIS FRIENDS! IKE'S BACK!
I didn't ever want him to get cut, now we need an Awakening rep, rep the best FE!

KiraYoshikage

Smash Journeyman
Suddenly, Ike. Looks like we were wrong about no more characters before E3. Hopefully we get falcon before E3 too....But seriously sudden Ike is sudden.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
Just woke up and saw the pic of the day. What a pleasant surprise. *rubs hands* Can't wait to use Ike to kick some ***. :evil:

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
....I shouldn't have overslept on this one. I was in bed right around the time that it updated, (approx 11:15-11:30pm) but I couldn't will myself to go to the computer and check.

Glad to see that the Ike naysayers got put in their place.

Was a bit unsure about what'd I think about the possibility of him having the Radiant Dawn design, but I think it looks good on him.

---

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
With Ike back, this does seem to add some hope for Lucas.
This adds a lot of hope for Lucas.

1. It's a flying dropkick to the balls to the relevancy argument that was commonly used against Ike and Lucas.
2. Lucas is now the only Brawl starter who hasn't been outright implied but, with the Franklin Badge and Mr. Saturn returning, it is very heavily implied that at least one Mother character will be in the starting roster.

I'm more of a fan of Ness but I'm happy that we have even more evidence that cuts will be kept minimal for this game.

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
I'm generally a very healthy guy, but I do have one condition I'll never shake, and that's very thin skin in the inside of my nose. Just born that way.

It's been warm here lately so I've got the fan going, and being from a different climate (generally) than where I live now I'm still not quite adjusted.

SO.

I jumped up suddenly in bed, an hour before I have to get up for work, checked smashbros.com for the update. "Oh ish it's Ike!"

And my nose started bleeding everywhere. Like a fountain.

"You'll get no sympathy from me!"

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
There! Beat Radiant Dawn! Now without being interrupted by a picture I shall yet again predict a random Ike reveal. Not on Monday though, Monday is gonna have something boring like stuff from the direct or (please Ashera no) something along the lines of Luigi nose or Rosalina lying down. The Ike reveal will be on like Wednesday or Thursday.
I haven't even read through any of the posts for todays pic but the moment I saw Ike I thought of this post. I was off by a day but gosh darnit I predicted Ike and we got him xD.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
So you revealed Ike Sakurai. Well I LIKE this. Hahaha, man I haven't seen you guys so, erm, excited since, erm, forever. I wonder what will happen when Captain Falcon is announced.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Finally, a PotD that causes maximum hype. I know we had the Direct, but I feel like we haven't been excited by a PotD in a long time. Lucario was the last epic moment for me. Let's hope Sakurai keeps it rolling until E3. Wario next week! Lucas the week after! Then... to E3! My 3 week hype strategy may come true yet!

D

Deleted member

I don't think people should have to worry about Lucas not getting in. Unlike Ike, Lucas has nothing that could potentially replace him and we all saw Ike return just earlier this morning. If Ike can return, Lucas can definitely return as well and I don't see why not since he was a high priority character.

I'm so happy to see Ike come back. He deserved to return for this game. It's great because it continues to tear down the recency logic as a reason to exclude characters.

At this point, all I care about hearing is if King K. Rool is going to be playable. If he is, I am going to be incredibly happy as not only my most wanted Nintendo character got in, but it would prove once and for all that recency does not contribute to exclusion of characters, after of which I can leave the speculation scene for good.

Lugubrious

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lugubrious
Ike-arumba! This...this I like. Now all we need is a third FE rep and a newcomer, revealed at E3.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
To quote Shakespeare: "Beware the Ikes of May."

Alright I'm leaving.

Dunno if that works better than "Beware the Ikes of Marth"

Last edited:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
There. Finally got through reading all of the hype. A lot of people talking about Chrom and his chances. I consider Chrom a guaranteed newcomer but if for whatever reason he doesn't get added (yet another swordsman that would need his own moveset and would have to be unique or be a clone/semi clone) then I can see Avatar/Robin being added especially since he/she would add a mixture of sword and magic based attacks.

My biggest concern was them cutting Ike and just giving Chrom Ike's moveset to be lazy but they didn't! Or at least not the first part, they could always add Chrom and make him a clone of Ike :/

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I looked at the update.

WOW ike survived.

Im very happy that im wrong on ike getting kicked.

His design is bad ass, bad news is hurts chrom and destorys roy all together.

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman
Well this is the third character that a lot people thought was on the chopping block.
I guess this shows that they are trying to bring back as many veterans as they can but also taking the time to give them a fresh look.

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I looked at the update.

WOW ike survived.

Im very happy that im wrong on ike getting kicked.

His design is bad ***, bad news is hurts chrom and destorys roy all together.
Nah, Ike doesn't say anything about Roy or Chrom. I mean, Roy was unlikely anyways, being a clone that was cut for Brawl. But Chrom is still very likely~

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I Like Ike.... It's nice to see him back. That also means it's time for my head to be handed to me once again by his godly Ike skills.

How does this effect Chrom's chances? Will we see Robin instead?

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I'm way glad he wasn't cut, though he wasn't one of my favorites. My hype level will remain where it is until I get Ivysaur or Lucas confirmation lol

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I'm glad to see my main from Brawl revealed, though to be fair I'm more glad that this tedious section of the Fire Emblem debate is over because it was getting extremely tiring. The funny thing is this version of Ike is actually the way I original knew the character because I had played Radiant Dawn before I had ever tired Path of Radiance so this version was actually the one I was familiar with more so then the younger version we saw in PoR and Brawl.

Though I still have to question a bit on those 'that knew' he would be in, I would point out that you 'believed' he would be in and that was what the whole debate was about, because to be honest this is a pretty random reveal as there was no evidence or indication of Ike until today. Just saying.

As far as the possibly of a 3rd Fire Emblem character that debate will continue until someone is revealed or the game is released, I don't really believe Ike apperance really helped or hurt anyone elses chances. It just ends the debate on whether or not a character would be replaced or not in the FE section this time around compared to the last time.

Last edited:

Artorias

Smash Journeyman
I Like Ike.... It's nice to see him back. That also means it's time for my head to be handed to me once again by his godly Ike skills.

How does this effect Chrom's chances? Will we see Robin instead?
I don't think this affects Chrom's chances at all. Not only he is a really popular character from one of the most popular Fire Emblem games of all time (plus one of the most popular games on the 3ds from the past year), but we can argue he has really good chances to get in since the gematsu leak is pretty trustable. Still its possible we might see robin getting in instead, or even as a 4th FE rep. Or we might get them paired up as a single character since it was a really important feature on FE A

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well E3 is close so we will probably learn everything about ike at that time likely.

And as for Chrom he is now probbaly not going to get shown till after the 3ds release.

Last edited:

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Ike's jacked in this game. Dude's been hitting that P90X.

He's gonna fight for his friends way better now.

Clint Jaguar

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClintJaguar
I just hope that Ike's return doesn't mean that Marth is again tarnished. I want Marth's shield breaker move to be similar to its Melee style. In Brawl it was useless.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom