• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I still don't see Lucas returning.
Of the three characters left that have any real chance of being cut (Lucas, Wolf, and Snake), he has the highest chances of the three of staying.

1. He's literally the only character who has ever been in the starting roster of a Smash game that hasn't been confirmed or heavily implied yet.
2. With the Ike reveal today, the old relevancy argument against him got BTFO.
3. Mr. Saturn and the Franklin Badge are back which strongly implies that at least one Mother character will be in the starting roster.
4. Aside from the Mario franchise in Brawl (with Mario and Doc basically being folded into one character), no franchise has yet to be downsized its total number of reps in sequel installments.
5. He's still the latest hero of the Mother series.
6. With Toon Link confirmed, the "being too similar to Ness" argument doesn't work either.
7. Was arguably the only character in the SSE that had any real character development.

Today brought down the biggest argument against him (#2) so, at this point, there's nothing holding him back from returning aside from Sakurai saying "eh, didn't feel like adding him."

Krazy4Krash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SpongeBev
Ike seriously isn't given enough credit (outside of memes). It seems the only reason people pointed fingers at him to get removed or replaced is because Roy was. The same goes for Lucario and Toon Link against Mewtwo and Young Link. All three of the aforementioned Brawl characters have returned, to no surprise. Cuts aren't going to be as extraneous as some have ever believed.

Shroob

Sup?
Ike seriously isn't given enough credit (outside of memes). It seems the only reason people pointed fingers at him to get removed or replaced is because Roy was. The same goes for Lucario and Toon Link against Mewtwo and Young Link. All three of the aforementioned Brawl characters have returned, to no surprise. Cuts aren't going to be as extraneous as some have ever believed.
Well, they are going to happen, we're just not sure how severe. Squirtle and Ivysaur are most likely goners now that Zard is solo, and Snake's up in the air with Kojima's comment.

CombatScouter

Smash Apprentice
Man, Ike looks so cool, and his increased build really accentuates his playstyle.

Next Pic of the Day should be of him punching Kirby's stone transformation. :p

thedoctr11

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thedoctr11
Alright Ike! All my favorites are in so I'm just hyped for more characters!

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Of the three characters left that have any real chance of being cut (Lucas, Wolf, and Snake), he has the highest chances of the three of staying.

1. He's literally the only character who has ever been in the starting roster of a Smash game that hasn't been confirmed or heavily implied yet.
3. Mr. Saturn and the Franklin Badge are back which strongly implies that at least one Mother character will be in the starting roster.
4. Aside from the Mario franchise in Brawl (with Mario and Doc basically being folded into one character), no franchise has yet to be downsized its total number of reps in sequel installments.
6. With Toon Link confirmed, the "being too similar to Ness" argument doesn't work either.
7. Was arguably the only character in the SSE that had any real character development.

Today brought down the biggest argument against him (#2) so, at this point, there's nothing holding him back from returning aside from Sakurai saying "eh, didn't feel like adding him."
You forgot trainers Pokémon as cuts. I also think that the 3DS version will get some Mother 3 love, being a portable and all, and the Wii U stage will likely be based off of one of Ike's games. So Lucas being from a portable helps a bit or doesn't hurt, at least.)

Last edited:

AquaDork1

Smash Apprentice
I think we ALL had a sort of 'feeling' that Ike might not be cut. He's different from Marth and he's important & had 2 games.. so yeah.. It could have gone either way. Now we know which way it went.

Espio264

Smash Ace
I've never been so happy to wake up and find an attractive man waiting for me.

Not how that was supposed to come across. Screw it. IKE IS BACK!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
You forgot trainers Pokémon as cuts.
I think Squirtle and Ivysaur are all but gone. With no transformations this time around, there's no way that there's going to be more than 6 Pokemon characters, especially with Jigglypuff and Mewtwo both having such high chances. There's no way they would include one but not the other either. Charizard by himself made sense because he was by far the most popular of the three but Squirtle and Ivysaur aren't that far away from each other popularity wise so it would be unfair to choose one over the other. I also don't think they would have made such a big deal of Charizard being by himself if either of the other Pokemon were coming back.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

Also he mentioned Ultimate Chimera in the Orne pic of the day, I say Lucas is back guarenteed.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I think Squirtle and Ivysaur are all but gone. With no transformations this time around, there's no way that there's going to be more than 6 Pokemon characters, especially with Jigglypuff and Mewtwo both having such high chances. There's no way they would include one but not the other either. Charizard by himself made sense because he was by far the most popular of the three but Squirtle and Ivysaur aren't that far away from each other popularity wise so it would be unfair to choose one over the other. I also don't think they would have made such a big deal of Charizard being by himself if either of the other Pokemon were coming back.
I 100% agree with you, but I felt they should be included in your post for the sake of completion.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
I've never been so happy to wake up and find an attractive man waiting for me.

Not how that was supposed to come across. Screw it. IKE IS BACK!
Come on. Who wouldn't want to be Soren for a day.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I 100% agree with you, but I felt they should be included in your post for the sake of completion.
There's also the fact that I don't really consider them true cuts. Their fans will hate me for saying this but the other two were pretty much set up assistants for Charizard. Ivysaur was hilariously bad from the start (nonexistent offstage game, arguably the worst recovery in the game, limited kill moves that were awkward to use, terrible grab, etc) and Squirtle had a short time in the sun (maybe three months tops) before people figured out how to deal with his shell shifting gimmick. Charizard was the best of the three in every aspect except Squirtle's speed and aerial mobility, making the other two largely annoyances between Charizard. In my opinion, dropping Squirtle and Ivysaur was less like an amputation and more like a haircut. By getting rid of both, Charizard was ultimately made a better character.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Come on. Who wouldn't want to be Soren for a day.
So, I was checking the pic before I went to sleep and I saw Ike and the words "Ike joins the battle." And then instead of looking at the rest of the update I just went to sleep.

Then I had a dream about Ike... in Smash Bros. Ike was a lot faster and not much weaker. I was also Ike for a little while. I used his/my Final Smash and it was mostly the same, but instead of Fire, Soren came out an magicked while Ike slashed his opponents. Except Soren used Dark Magic, so that didn't exactly make sense. Then I was Toon Link of a little bit. Later on, I dreamt about a Giraffe that was about the size of a small dog, but that's neither here nor there.

Anyway, this Friday's update and last Friday's update were fantastic. Maybe we'll get something good next Friday too.

I wasn't expecting anyone before E3, but I'm.. okay with it.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Then I had a dream about Ike... in Smash Bros. Ike was a lot faster and not much weaker. I was also Ike for a little while. I used his/my Final Smash and it was mostly the same, but instead of Fire, Soren came out an magicked while Ike slashed his opponents. Except Soren used Dark Magic, so that didn't exactly make sense.
"Personally, I prefer the air."
*comes back with a tank*

Yeah... wouldn't be the most nonsensical Final Smash we have seen.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
"Personally, I prefer the air."
*comes back with a tank*

Yeah... wouldn't be the most nonsensical Final Smash we have seen.
No, only like 10% of the people playing the game would even think there is anything wrong with that anyway.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Remember everyone since Ike was reveled they won't add another Fire Emblem character to the roster because they all look too similar.

:4mario::4luigi::warioc:

Ragel

Smash Apprentice
I really hope he keeps the same voice actor, I just hope the actor himself steps it up a little. Some lines were cheesy and can be improved, not necessarily his fault, but the dude can do some battle crys pretty well. Hoping he gets another shot, cause imo he fits the character well.

Speaking of voice acting, I'm hoping we'll hear some at E3. Seeing Ike just reminds me we haven't heard anything really from grunting or taunt clips. Probably just hasn't really been finished yet, but with E3 most likely announcing a 3DS launch fairly close by, I hope we'll hear what our fighters "sound" like, if not just rehashed from previous titles.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I don't think easthetic similarities really matters that much to Sakurai, else we wouldn't have gotten certain characters in the first place... So long as they are distinguishable I guess...

Last edited:

Jellyfish4102

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jellyfish
I don't think easthetic similarities really matters that much to Sakurai, else we wouldn't have gotten certain characters in the first place... So long as they are distinguishable I guess...
Well Falco was in Melee because Wolf looked to similar to Fox.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Well Falco was in Melee because Wolf looked to similar to Fox.
Oh yeah, forgot about that.... :dizzy:

But then there is Ness and Lucas who look very similar too besides the different hair and lack of hat and backpack for Lucas (and different colour scheme). Guess Sakurai's definition of who looks too similar and who doesn't is a little out there...

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Not gonna lie, but new Ike is better than old Ike since it suits his personality and playstyle so much. The fangirls will have a field day with this new beefcake. :awesome:

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
It's pretty funny to look at posts before Ike's reveal, and see just how much their low expectations were DECIMATED

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
I was totally apathetic towards Ike last time around. Not into strategy games or RPG's or anime, and I really never was any good at him when the game came out. For a couple months I thought he was overpowered (ha!)

But it's fun that they bad-assed him out, I'm actually excited to see how they've changed his play style.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
It's pretty funny to look at posts before Ike's reveal, and see just how much their low expectations were DECIMATED
Right after I jokingly said this, too:

Don't encourage them.

You're gonna give them this stuff called "Hope." Hope is highly contagious, and can lead to high-expectations when handled incorrectly.

Do you want these people to have high-expectations of this game? Go to your room and think about what you've done.
And make sure to drink your chocolate oval-tine.
And then my hope for the game exceeded 9000.

Jellyfish4102

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jellyfish
I was totally apathetic towards Ike last time around. Not into strategy games or RPG's or anime, and I really never was any good at him when the game came out. For a couple months I thought he was overpowered (ha!)

But it's fun that they bad-***** him out, I'm actually excited to see how they've changed his play style.
I'm praying they make him slightly faster and he's not in free fall after quick draw so it's a recovery option.

spader13

Smash Journeyman
Fingers crossed for Ike/Soren support convo in addition to Star Fox and Kid Icarus codecs. :D
I'd be all for that addition! It doesn't seem very likely though since Fire Emblem got negligible stickers and trophies in Brawl. In fact, Soren got nothing despite being one of the more important characters in what was then the most recent FE game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom