• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Personally, I think Dillon was a pretty big disconfirmation. I mean, Waluigi have repped an already high repped series, whereas Dillon was a fresh series. I thought he could have had a chance.

Although, Brit and WR weren't too shocking. The 101 would make a good AT.

Either way, I like trophy pics. Even if it hurts, I want to know who has a role in this game, whether it be cameo, stage hazard, AT or playable.
I try to think of it as a good sign (who knows!). If the chances of W101 and Dillon are shot, this may also mean that more popular characters also have a chance to be in the roster, seeing as they can't cram everybody (more from the DK, Mario, Starfox, Mother & Zelda series). While I love new game reps, I welcome characters from classic series more. Of course, they'll probably be shot down, too :(

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Disconfirmation of Brittany, neat. Did anyone really expect Brittany? Disconfirmation updates pretty awesome cause, I mean yeah, you get upset if you really wanted Wonder Red or Dillon, but we all would've found out about them later when we played the game and it probably would've hurt more. I mean, the only real character I'm predicting I think is a stretch is Tetra, and if she's not an unlockable character, I'd like to know ASAP :/ I kinda wish he disconfirmed Mewtwo for Brawl or something cause when I unlocked everyone my reaction was kinda like "Wait, really? Y-You forgot a few..." Sooo yeah. Disconfirmations are nice.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
The worst is that it could happen but remember that it wouldn't tell me if at least music was included from the series which is the minimum I want.
I want Paper Mario too. I think he'd be an incredible addition. A Paper Mario stage would be awesome.

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
What are you waiting for? A Krystal deconfirmation? It will come, don't worry about it.
Yes when we buy the game, and unlock all the characters, and instead of SSB4 just telling us "Hey you unlocked everyone!" we'll hear Sakurai's voice say "**** furries!" Turns out he learned English just to make sure he said that one phrase correctly.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Sorry all you new Pikmin rep. supporters... it looks pretty grim. At least Louis sill has a chance.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Bad news of todays picture is looking bad for a second pikmin rep.

The good news this helps Ridley. (Another deconfirm directly update not indirectly.)

spader13

Smash Journeyman
I'm surprised by the amount of discussion of Britney being disconfirmed. I hadn't heard her name thrown around in any prediction, so I have to believe this update is less upsetting than Wonder Red (and certainly Waluigi).

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
If you ask me, the possibility of another Pikmin captain being playable pretty much died last July when Olimar was revealed and then took another bullet to the head when it was revealed Olimar had flying pikmin in the Direct. Today's update just pushed the remaining captains chances down even further. With the Hocotate Rocket item, I am still holding out that Olimar will get a new final smash and that Alph, Brittany, Charlie, Louie, and the President will somehow be involved.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
If you ask me, the possibility of another Pikmin captain being playable pretty much died last July when Olimar was revealed and then took another bullet to the head when it was revealed Olimar had flying pikmin in the Direct. Today's update just pushed the remaining captains chances down even further. With the Hocotate Rocket item, I am still holding out that Olimar will get a new final smash and that Alph, Brittany, Charlie, Louie, and the President will somehow be involved.
im just expecting more pikmin for his final smash. lol.

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman
Bleh, trophy pictures are like the ultimate filler pics for me. I wanna see the game, not the collectible stuff I wanna collect and find for myself. At least we get a deconfirm out of it. Not like she had any reasonable chance to begin with....

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
Bleh, trophy pictures are like the ultimate filler pics for me. I wanna see the game, not the collectible stuff I wanna collect and find for myself. At least we get a deconfirm out of it. Not like she had any reasonable chance to begin with....
Well, considering the games are going to have hundreds upon hundreds of trophies, I'd hazard a guess that revealing twenty or so of them isn't going to spoil anyone too much. I'd still rather he display the trophy for more contested and hoped-for characters, honestly. Those are delicious.

slicesabre

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2621-2933-2738
Alright so I'm in the camp of "If Sakurai shows them as a trophy before a reveal they are not a playable character" camp.

Morbi

Scavenger
Alright so I'm in the camp of "If Sakurai shows them as a trophy before a reveal they are not a playable character" camp.
I agree, I mean, I am not blatantly disregarding the notion that it is entirely possible for one of them to also be playable. But they are not playable characters by a preponderance of the evidence.

Morbi

Scavenger
Just check Sakurai showing ridley trophy only to tell he was playable all this time (thinking about it, this would be so mean).
I don't necessarily believe that he would show Ridley as a trophy, at this point, it is stage-hazard or boss. Maybe even an assist trophy. But he wouldn't show Ridley as a trophy, that would be counter-intuitive.

R0Y

Smash Master
I don't necessarily believe that he would show Ridley as a trophy, at this point, it is stage-hazard or boss. Maybe even an assist trophy. But he wouldn't show Ridley as a trophy, that would be counter-intuitive.
Could be a boss and playable :p

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
On the subject of Rock Pikmin, I'm actually thinking they're part of Olimar's Final Smash, since he does use Winged Pikmin, and the Hocotate Ship item is similar to his Final Smash in Brawl.

R0Y

Smash Master
On the subject of Rock Pikmin, I'm actually thinking they're part of Olimar's Final Smash, since he does use Winged Pikmin, and the Hocotate Ship item is similar to his Final Smash in Brawl.
That would make sense given their being strangely left out thus far. Odd that he stops at 5 Pikmin types and can pull 3 at a time, unless 1 of them is being saved for something.

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
Brittney deconfirmation, not too shocked. I'm just glad the new info keeps rolling out, even if it is just trophies. Actually I quite like these kinds of updates. While it does deconfirm a character(which will always hurt at least a few fans) it gives attention to the character and shows they are recognized enough to be included in the game in some way, even if they are just a trophy.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I'm quite happy with this potd. Sure trophies are generally boring but the less Pikmin we have running around the better. I'm also glad that Olimar got nerfed (seriously Olimar was my downright least favourite character to fight in Brawl. It eventually got to the point where I refused to fight an Olimar. ) However there are people who wanted this character in so even though we have opposite views about this potd you have my whateverit'scalled. Sympathy or apathy or condolences, some nice word that I don't use often enough.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
I could see a rock Pikmin as maybe his Down Special or Dair? To help him fast fall (like Sonic's Dair)

I don't think he needs that Down B anymore because their always in a set order. Anyone else agree?
Well, other than the fact that that was not its main function? Frankly, if I have less pikmin to work with, they become less expendable, making the whistle MORE important.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I just want rock pikmin somewhere in olimar's moveset.
Olimar's Final Smash: Pikmin Army.

Pikmin of all kinds pop from the ground and attack opponents. All of Olimar's Pikmin are replaced with Rock Pikmin for the duration of the Final Smash.

I'd love to see more Final Smashes in the PoTD...

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Olimar's Final Smash: Pikmin Army.

Pikmin of all kinds pop from the ground and attack opponents. All of Olimar's Pikmin are replaced with Rock Pikmin for the duration of the Final Smash.

I'd love to see more Final Smashes in the PoTD...
Agreed. I like that we saw Charizard's yesterday, but even still, more would be better. Especially characters who could use new ones like Zero Suit and Mario

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Agreed. I like that we saw Charizard's yesterday, but even still, more would be better. Especially characters who could use new ones like Zero Suit and Mario
Oh, that's right, ZSS HAS to have a new Final Smash now!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Oh, that's right, ZSS HAS to have a new Final Smash now!
They might just hold out until E3 for that, especially given how there will be demos for people to see and try them out first hand.

Anyways, for tonight:

Hopelessly optimistic prediction- a random veteran reveal.

Realistic prediction- explanation of another new item shown in the Direct press pics.

Jarringly pessimistic prediction- filler pic with a suicide inducingly bad pun in the caption.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom