• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I'd have loved to see something sneaky like...

Charlie's trophy shown in a second pic in the comment section saying 'Here's is Charlie's trophy too... wasn't there a third captain? Where could he be?'

D

Deleted member

Pikmin 3 was a recent game on the Wii U. Pretty sure it getting a trophy doesn't have anything to do with him considering a Pikmin 3 character any more than Olimar celebrating the release of the game and the Garden of Hope does.

Edit: That is to say, none of those do.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I'd have loved to see something sneaky like...

Charlie's trophy shown in a second pic in the comment section saying 'Here's is Charlie's trophy too... wasn't there a third captain? Where could he be?'
I so wish there was more stuff like this. That'd make things much more interesting around here. And by interesting I mean interesting to watch hehehehe.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Britney eh?

Well...

No one was surprised?

Staarih

Smash Master
Gotta love dem deconfirmations which have now come on a regular basis.

...until a character I truly support is deconfirmed like this. That's when hell breaks loose.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The concept of Alph, Brittany Charlie as a trio is disconfirmed then. Not like such an idea of a character had a chance in the first place given the technical nightmare it would cause.

Nice to see Brittany as a trophy at least. She's one of my favorite captains.

Morbi

Scavenger
The concept of Alph, Brittany Charlie as a trio is disconfirmed then. Not like such an idea of a character had a chance in the first place given the technical nightmare it would cause.

Nice to see Brittany as a trophy at least. She's one of my favorite captains.
It doesn't seem that different than the Chorus Men in concept.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I was pleasantly surprised it wasn't just confirmation of something that was already shown in the Direct.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
It doesn't seem that different than the Chorus Men in concept.
The general idea that was brought up for it was that it would be three separate characters (ala Pokemon Trainer) each having control of their own Pikmin squads.

_____

I'm tempted to change my avatar to this pic.

No...bad me....be strong....I can hold onto this avi for a while....

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Huh, well I was thinking Olimar could have an alt costume of another captain, as the only thing that would really need to change is the head (inside the helmet) and that wouldn't effect hurtboxes. I suppose that idea isn't out the window completely. Britney just won't be the costume.

Though, Sakurai may not want to do alts that change the actual character.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Meanwhile, Star Fox is still left in the dark...

Anytime now Sakurai, lets get it over with!

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
Pikmin 3 was a recent game on the Wii U. Pretty sure it getting a trophy doesn't have anything to do with him considering a Pikmin 3 character any more than Olimar celebrating the release of the game and the Garden of Hope does.

Edit: That is to say, none of those do.
Well, it does tell us that he considers the notion of playable Britney to be somewhat plausible and not patently ridiculous.

Whereas he openly laughed at the notion of playable Ridley.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Yep, things are really slowing down are we move toward E3 and further toward the 3DS release date. I no longer expect substantive new info from any pictures; I kinda suspect pictures like yesterday's Charizard picture are about as good as they get from here on out.

Morbi

Scavenger
Yep, things are really slowing down are we move toward E3 and further toward the 3DS release date. I no longer expect substantive new info from any pictures; I kinda suspect pictures like yesterday's Charizard picture are about as good as they get from here on out.
The Charizard picture was amazing; we got details on a new move and a confirmation on another. He also reaffirmed his Final Smash which was slightly ambiguous. That is more than I could hope for in regards to pictures.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Didnt think Pinkmin needed a Second rep just because we havent seen Rock Pinkmin yet, it could still apear as an item.

Also, Sakurai is now willing to deconfirm "obviously-not-going-to-happen" chars but still wont reveal Ridley's "pretty-much-confirmed" fate.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
The rapid-fire style of disconfirmations doesn't hurt as much anymore. Not that it ever did, considering a few missed opportunities/"wrongs" here and there don't mean all the other awesome/right stuff isn't happening. But I digress.

I wonder when we'll get our next Waluigi-level disconfirmation. Complete with kick-the-dog commentary from Sakurai.

YoshiSonic

Smash Ace
Rock pikmin and any other kind of mechanics are obviously going to be a part of Olimar's custom move-set. AmIright fellas?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The rapid-fire style of disconfirmations doesn't hurt as much anymore. Not that it ever did, considering a few missed opportunities/"wrongs" here and there don't mean all the other awesome/right stuff isn't happening. But I digress.

I wonder when we'll get our next Waluigi-level disconfirmation. Complete with kick-the-dog commentary from Sakurai.
Maybe he'll do that to Palutena. :awesome:

But seriously, who knows. It'll probably be a major character like Medusa, Tingle, Isaac, etc. Really well known ones.

Morbi

Scavenger
Maybe he'll do that to Palutena. :awesome:

But seriously, who knows. It'll probably be a major character like Medusa, Tingle, Isaac, etc. Really well known ones.
Those deconfirmations would hurt. I don't even feel as though we have gotten a painful deconfirmation aside from poor Waluigi, even then, it was to be expected.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Polygons: how do they work? An in-depth look at sacrifices for 1080p 60fps in the trophy room.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Polygons: how do they work? An in-depth look at sacrifices for 1080p 60fps in the trophy room.
...I hear they're a Fighting Team. :troll:

Those deconfirmations would hurt. I don't even feel as though we have gotten a painful deconfirmation aside from poor Waluigi, even then, it was to be expected.
Can't think of any at this point... Wonder Red was a slight mystery.

Now, I'm not going to ever hope he's playable, but he reveals new guys in full Directs now, it seems. I've noticed he doesn't just make quick videos anymore. If somehow he was going to be playable, it'd be at e3. Realistically, I only hope he's an Assist Trophy(who all get regular Trophies). To be fair, I don't ultimately think he's more than a Trophy, but "lack of information" is a style Sakurai does. Remember the Toon Link bit when he showed Conductor Link? This is why I believe not to take things at face value till he outright says a character is non-playable or says they don't have another role.

Again, not getting hopes up, just noting this trend of his.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Oh, this is Sakurai's personal favorite?

Interesting choice in Waifus Sakurai :p...

and mine stay back.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Yeah, you can usually tell if it is a good picture of the day; if it is a good one, like yesterday, people stay and discuss it. If it isn't they pretty much just say, "it was interesting" and then leave (to do something better).
I could see a rock Pikmin as maybe his Down Special or Dair? To help him fast fall (like Sonic's Dair)

I don't think he needs that Down B anymore because their always in a set order. Anyone else agree?

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Personally, I think Dillon was a pretty big disconfirmation. I mean, Waluigi have repped an already high repped series, whereas Dillon was a fresh series. I thought he could have had a chance.

Although, Brit and WR weren't too shocking. The 101 would make a good AT.

Either way, I like trophy pics. Even if it hurts, I want to know who has a role in this game, whether it be cameo, stage hazard, AT or playable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom