• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Well, other than the fact that that was not its main function? Frankly, if I have less pikmin to work with, they become less expendable, making the whistle MORE important.
I disagree. I think if they come out in a set order, they become more expendable. Not to mention the fact you'll have to throw them to their death so you can have a better recovery. I think the whistle pulls away from his new gameplay mechanics. To me, the Rock Pikmin make more sense a down special, since the winged Pikmin are his up special.

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
Yay more Pikmin representation. I can't tell if Brittany's model is slightly worse than the one in Pikmin 3, but it still looks nice.

Also, why is everyone saying Brittany being disconfirmed disconfirms Alph(And Louie I guess)? To me it seems like it doesn't affect his chances at all...

But guise,
Plasm Wraith. Still not disconfirmed, and its chances are only rising.....

huehuehuehuehuehuehue

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Yay more Pikmin representation. I can't tell if Brittany's model is slightly worse than the one in Pikmin 3, but it still looks nice.

Also, why is everyone saying Brittany being disconfirmed disconfirms Alph(And Louie I guess)? To me it seems like it doesn't affect his chances at all...

But guise,
Plasm Wraith. Still not disconfirmed, and its chances are only rising.....

huehuehuehuehuehuehue
lol. pikmin should still stay at one rep tbh.
until something other than a captain or that wrath comes up and a pikmin 4 in the future.
edit:
guys Philips sues Nintendo.
Philips for smash!!! :D
joking.(about the second line).

Last edited:

R0Y

Smash Master
Old PAL region release date for Triple Deluxe on Friday. Meta Knight's a possibility, since we've gotten JP (Zelda) and NA (Diddy Kong) translating into character reveals before.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
I disagree. I think if they come out in a set order, they become more expendable. Not to mention the fact you'll have to throw them to their death so you can have a better recovery. I think the whistle pulls away from his new gameplay mechanics. To me, the Rock Pikmin make more sense a down special, since the winged Pikmin are his up special.
So that means every time you throw a pikmin and let it latch on, you're *almost* guaranteed to let it die? I understand the logic behind the rock pikmin, but the things that differentiate them from Purple Pikmin are almost completely moot in a smash context, meaning they don't really need to be in his moveset at all. OK, maybe a set order can make them more expendable (you're still cycling through 4 different other types before you get the one you want but WHATEVER) but an important part of Olimar is his ability to manage and control pikmin. And though the whistle might not be the greatest special in the world, it's basically necessary.

EDIT: Sorry for continuing character discussion, but I can't just end a conversation on an unfinished point :/

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well, it does tell us that he considers the notion of playable Britney to be somewhat plausible and not patently ridiculous.

Whereas he openly laughed at the notion of playable Ridley.
......no he didn't.
He laughed at the rumor that Ridley was at some point playable in Brawl. (context helps)

Aside from that, nothing he said about Brittany gives off any impression he seriously considered her.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
......no he didn't.
He laughed at the rumor that Ridley was at some point playable in Brawl. (context helps)
Yeah. More specifically, he actually said he never considered him and that if were playable, he'd be too slow(this is where the whole "he never said he was too big" thing is notable). A lot seem to still think he would never make him playable period, which was never really true.

Aside from that, nothing he said about Brittany gives off any impression he seriously considered her.
This. It's not some impossible thing he considered her, but all it is really saying is "This is solely a trophy, she is not playable" without any extra stuff. It's purely as it is.

D

Deleted member

Yeah. More specifically, he actually said he never considered him and that if were playable, he'd be too slow(this is where the whole "he never said he was too big" thing is notable). A lot seem to still think he would never make him playable period, which was never really true.

This. It's not some impossible thing he considered her, but all it is really saying is "This is solely a trophy, she is not playable" without any extra stuff. It's purely as it is.
Er..."too slow" gives the connotation that he can't work.
What Sakurai said was that Ridley "might have been a little slow. Would that have been alright?"

D

Deleted member

My prediction until it happens is a picture of Zelda being hit with a seismic shockwave by a Polar Bear from Ice Climber on Smash Run.
That strange disappearing pic has to show up sometime.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Er..."too slow" gives the connotation that he can't work.
What Sakurai said was that Ridley "might have been a little slow. Would that have been alright?"
The fact he wasn't considered to be playable for Brawl still keeps my overall point. He makes it sound entirely like he'd have to make it work by making him a slow character.

I don't interpret that as "can't" at all. Just "not this time, but maybe later. But he'd be slow, yeah." Sakurai's too hard to interpret these days. Anyway, the other half of my message was also important and more on topic. :/

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I wouldn't be surprised if Rock Pikmin replaced his Pikmin Order move. Seems kinda redundant seeing as he only has 3 Pikmin, and they're in a set order.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Im offically concluding that @GoldenYuiitusin is in huge denial of ridley being playable, and not want him playable.

By the evidence i found, i do believe Ridley is going to be playable. However im not holding my breath though

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Old PAL region release date for Triple Deluxe on Friday. Meta Knight's a possibility, since we've gotten JP (Zelda) and NA (Diddy Kong) translating into character reveals before.
It'll be a cold day in hell before Nintendo acknowledge anything PAL.

#bitter

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Im offically concluding that @GoldenYuiitusin is in huge denial of ridley being playable, and not want him playable.
He's in denial? Obviously you don't know what the word means.

Only Ridley supporters could keep turning negatives into positives.

Even if Sakurai stated he wasn't playable, you'll all swear that he's just joking.

D

Deleted member

I'm officially concluding you're looking for a fight for some stupid reason.
If you'd bothered to read what I was saying, I was dispelling the notion that Sakurai "laughed" at the idea of Ridley in Brawl and the notion that he said he was "too slow".

Furthermore, I would rather see Ridley playable. But the odds are not in his favor. If seeing the situation for what it is is considered "denial", then so be it.

You got a bone to pick with me, you take your poor typing to a PM, not to a thread about Miiverse pics.

Last edited by a moderator:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

Even if Sakurai stated he wasn't playable, you'll all swear that he's just joking.
I know what denial means, i have a hard time telling if people are joking or not. Besides he tried to proove meta ridley from brawl is playable size.

But anyway this is suppose to be about miiverse, NOT RIDLEY, i do not want another closedown

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Actually, that in itself would be a godsend. An actual answer would be nice. All the evidence has fully led me to believe his chances of being playable or a stage hazard are pretty much equal.

Of course, sadly, he won't do it via the Pic of the Day. Nope, gotta wait till e3. :facepalm:

Morbi

Scavenger

By the evidence i found, i do believe Ridley is going to be playable. However im not holding my breath though
Um...

Not all of us, only the delusional ones.

spader13

Smash Journeyman
They might just hold out until E3 for that, especially given how there will be demos for people to see and try them out first hand.
That would be a good way to introduce the smashes, but it might lead to backlash like the post-direct frustration at pics that showed "nothing new" when Sakurai later reveals the smashes again. I'd guess we'll get a few more FS pics for characters with vastly different smashes before E3 as a result, even if some are still revealed by the demo.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Reminder that this thread isn't for General/Character Discussion. PotD specific talk only pl0x.
I know it's off topic, but it always makes me laugh when someone says "pl0x." xD

I'm honestly surprised at all the Brittany talk. Didn't even think she was that big of a character choice, but then again, I suppose it is big in the sense that it kinda eliminates the likeliness of another Pikmin rep. Not that I ever saw one as likely anyway.

For tonight, I'm still hoping we get a stage. But I'll settle for:
  • A Veteran
  • An Item
  • A Final Smash
  • An Alternate Costume
  • Luigi's Nose
  • Villager Looking Creepy
No exceptions.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Playable characters can only be revealed in directs.
That only applies if he's actually playable. Just saying.(I want him playable, and get what you mean, but what I said is true. Stage Hazards get shown in non-directs)

I still expect it at e3 even if he's not.

Plain Yogurt

Smash Ace
If Sakurai keeps up this one deconfirmation a week thing I'll be cool with it. Starts giving a better idea of what the rest of the roster might look like, especially when bigger deconfirmations start happening.

Morbi

Scavenger
If Sakurai keeps up this one deconfirmation a week thing I'll be cool with it. Starts giving a better idea of what the rest of the roster might look like, especially when bigger deconfirmations start happening.
I don't really feel as though they help give a better idea of what the rest of the roster might look like to be honest. I just feel as though it confirms our expectations.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
I don't really feel as though they help give a better idea of what the rest of the roster might look like to be honest. I just feel as though it confirms our expectations.
IDK, it's good to know that Dillon and Wonder-Red are definitely out. Sure, I didn't expect them to get in, but there was a possibility (unlike in the case of Brittany).

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
Honestly, I'll be surprised if we get any legitimate player reveals this close to E3, but it's always possible.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
IDK, it's good to know that Dillon and Wonder-Red are definitely out. Sure, I didn't expect them to get in, but there was a possibility (unlike in the case of Brittany).

Yeah Dillon and WR were within the realm of possibility so they were good updates.

I don't think 2 Pikmin reps was too farfetched with it's three games, but Brit was never a top choice.

With disconfirmations, we get a better understanding of the direction Sakurai is going. I think he's focusing less on new characters and more on game play.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Yeah Dillon and WR were within the realm of possibility so they were good updates.

I don't think 2 Pikmin reps was too farfetched with it's three games, but Brit was never a top choice.

With disconfirmations, we get a better understanding of the direction Sakurai is going. I think he's focusing less on new characters and more on game play.
It's not that the Pikmin series isn't major enough for another rep, it's just that every protagonist plays extremely similar in their games.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It's not that the Pikmin series isn't major enough for another rep, it's just that every protagonist plays extremely similar in their games.
Also, unlike Luigi(extremely similar playing), they didn't stand out nearly as much to Olimar. Also helps Luigi had differences and his own games overall even before Smash 64. Say what you will about Mario is Missing, but he's the star none the less.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Didnt seem to be a problem with Star Fox and the two Link's.

You're right though, they'd be hard to make multiple movesets for.

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
But Louie and Alph(less so now) can easily be given a unique moveset... :ohwell:
Also, unlike Luigi(extremely similar playing), they didn't stand out nearly as much to Olimar. Also helps Luigi had differences and his own games overall even before Smash 64. Say what you will about Mario is Missing, but he's the star none the less.
I'd say the Pikmin leaders aside from Alph all look pretty physically different of Olimar...(head shapes and color) Luigi was just a reskin for a while, and he stood out just fine, so I don't understand why that would be a valid argument for characters who can be told apart from each other from a top-down perspective. :ohwell:

But no, Pikmin can't have a new character ever because Olimar represents it perfectly and it will never need another character but every other non-retro series will.

YA'LL SMASHERS NEED PLASM WRAITH

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
I love Pikmin as a series. Have played all three to completion. I don't think the series will ever get a second representative simply because all the diversity is in the Pikmin, and Olimar has 'em all. Since they didn't butcher Olimar's play style to incorporate a second playable Pikmin rep, this shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that Brittany got deconfirmed. If they had left Olimar as-is and incorporated Flying/Rock Pikmin into a second rep, I could see it then, but.. again, that's not the case.

That's developer laziness mixed with padding the rosters, plain and simple. Clearly they figured they could get away with it, and were eventually right, 'cause no-one seems adverse to Toon Link anymore, and people have been getting more vocal lately about the possibility of Wolf or Falco possibly being cut.

But no, Pikmin can't have a new character ever because Olimar represents it perfectly and it will never need another character but every other non-retro series will.
Like I said, any chance of us seeing a new Pikmin rep flew out the door when we saw Olimar with Flying Pikmin. Rock Pikmin are probably incorporated somewhere into his moveset now as well.

Last edited:

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
Like I said, any chance of us seeing a new Pikmin rep flew out the door when we saw Olimar with Flying Pikmin. Rock Pikmin are probably incorporated somewhere into his moveset now as well.
Explain to me why Winged and Rock Pikmin(potentially) being in Olimar's moveset affects Louie's or daresay, the Plasm Wraith's chances.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

You're right though, they'd be hard to make multiple movesets for.
Well, having an Adult and Child Link, both key protagonists, isn't entirely non-logical. They rep their own style of games.

As for Star Fox, to be fair, all Wolf and Falco are pretty well known and took off as high stand out characters. They're recognizable. Olimar is, but the rest aren't as nearly. It doesn't help that being different animals lets Sakurai make somewhat different moves(well, only Wolf's is fairly different at least).

I'd say the Pikmin leaders aside from Alph all look pretty physically different of Olimar...(head shapes and color) Luigi was just a reskin for a while, and he stood out just fine, so I don't understand why that would be a valid argument for characters who can be told apart from each other from a top-down perspective. :ohwell:

YA'LL SMASHERS NEED PLASM WRAITH
Being physically different doesn't mean playing different or standing out fully. Apples and oranges, dude. Looks don't matter, how you play does. Seriously, Luigi plays different in more than one game. He's more than just a reskin(how you start out means little in the looks department). He's also been starring in his own games in something not just called Super Mario Bros.

I love Pikmin as a series. Have played all three to completion. I don't think the series will ever get a second representative simply because all the diversity is in the Pikmin, and Olimar has 'em all. Since they didn't butcher Olimar's play style to incorporate a second playable Pikmin rep, this shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that Brittany got deconfirmed. If they had left Olimar as-is and incorporated Flying/Rock Pikmin into a second rep, I could see it then, but.. again, that's not the case.
Pretty much. It didn't surprise me at all.

That's developer laziness mixed with padding the rosters, plain and simple. Clearly they figured they could get away with it, and were eventually right, 'cause no-one seems adverse to Toon Link anymore, and people have been getting more vocal lately about the possibility of Wolf or Falco possibly being cut.
Wolf isn't padding. He's barely even close to being a clone. Falco was actually padding to the roster. Both of them were highly popular period, and are likely to stay anyway because of it. Neither needs cut.

Eeyup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom