• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
Being physically different doesn't mean playing different or standing out fully. Apples and oranges, dude. Looks don't matter, how you play does. Seriously, Luigi plays different in more than one game. He's more than just a reskin(how you start out means little in the looks department). He's also been starring in his own games in something not just called Super Mario Bros.
I don't think I really implied that Luigi didn't play different because he looked similar to Mario, nor did I imply that the Pikmin leaders would play differently just because they looked different.

But eh, most Smashers tend to not like/care about Pikmin, and since there's really no convincing them to, I think I'll just drop it here. :psycho:

Edit: Please note that Pikmin is my favorite game series of all time, which is why I'm defending it. I just get a bit ticked when people say it has nothing new and unique to offer for new characters, when it actually does. I understand that a second Pikmin character is unlikely, but I hate how Pikmin seems to be the series that never needs another character.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I would like to ask, is there something going on tomorrow thats worthy for a character reveal?

All i see in may is mario kart 8 = wario. (Although sonic did get in for sonic lost worlds but shown way before that.)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I don't think I really implied that Luigi didn't play different because he looked similar to Mario, nor did I imply that the Pikmin leaders would play differently just because they looked different.

But eh, most Smashers tend to not like/care about Pikmin, and since there's really no convincing them to, I think I'll just drop it here. :psycho:
You took everything I said out of context in the first place.

Luigi stood out(by having his own games), the other Captains didn't. But he also stood out as extremely popular and well known. Almost everyone knows who Luigi is as well as Mario. Many can't name the other Captains in Pikmin. The Mario series is known by tons of people, even those who never played. Luigi is too, along with Peach and Bowser. Note how that all 4 stand out to a high degree. That's what I was getting at overall. I never spoke of looks or gameplay alone either. Just how much they stand out.

As for having more Pikmin characters, I never said I had a problem with that. In fact, nobody seemed to mind the idea at all, just that they think it's beyond unlikely to happen due to most of the Pikmin being among Olimar's moveset. That's all.

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
You took everything I said out of context in the first place.

Luigi stood out(by having his own games), the other Captains didn't. But he also stood out as extremely popular and well known. Almost everyone knows who Luigi is as well as Mario. Many can't name the other Captains in Pikmin. The Mario series is known by tons of people, even those who never played. Luigi is too, along with Peach and Bowser. Note how that all 4 stand out to a high degree. That's what I was getting at overall. I never spoke of looks or gameplay alone either. Just how much they stand out.

As for having more Pikmin characters, I never said I had a problem with that. In fact, nobody seemed to mind the idea at all, just that they think it's beyond unlikely to happen due to most of the Pikmin being among Olimar's moveset. That's all.
I thought I was in context but apparently I was mistaken. I did indeed think you were talking about appearance, as standing out is usually used in that context. Apologies for that.

Yes, I understand Luigi is more popular than the Pikmin series will ever hope to be. Yes, I understand a lot of people hardly even know Olimar, let alone anything else from the series.

Really the only point I was trying to make is that Pikmin could have a newcomer that doesn't use Pikmin, but probably won't. Also, I wasn't really referring to you with my last comment about Smashers not appreciating Pikmin; It's just an observation I've made about the fanbase in general. Not sure if you were typing while I edited but:
Edit: Please note that Pikmin is my favorite game series of all time, which is why I'm defending it. I just get a bit ticked when people say it has nothing new and unique to offer for new characters, when it actually does. I understand that a second Pikmin character is unlikely, but I hate how Pikmin seems to be the series that never needs another character.
So uh, lets just leave it at that. :upsidedown:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I thought I was in context but apparently I was mistaken. I did indeed think you were talking about appearance, as standing out is usually used in that context. Apologies for that.

Yes, I understand Luigi is more popular than the Pikmin series will ever hope to be. Yes, I understand a lot of people hardly even know Olimar, let alone anything else from the series.

Really the only point I was trying to make is that Pikmin could have a newcomer that doesn't use Pikmin, but probably won't. Also, I wasn't really referring to you with my last comment about Smashers not appreciating Pikmin; It's just an observation I've made about the fanbase in general. Not sure if you were typing while I edited but:

So uh, lets just leave it at that. :upsidedown:
Fair enough. That was vague and it happens. I agree and think a second character wouldn't be too bad. I think Sakurai finds the Pikmin fairly important, though.

I think it's similar to Pokemon Trainer. I doubt we'll see the Trainer ever without the Pokemon themselves(it's easily doable, of course. Tether Recovery with his Escape Rope, he's got a Bike for attacks, Fishing Rod alone, Poke Flute could put people to sleep and/or being used for blunt attacks, never mind the great costume changes >_>). I actually wonder if we can even do a Nolimar this time around. Also, his new Up B, at least from what I know of it, doesn't require any regular Pikmin like his Brawl version. So you can use it even if you have none out. Basically, a literal Nolimar is now impossible, but the overall concept of trying to use none still exist. :)

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
Fair enough. That was vague and it happens. I agree and think a second character wouldn't be too bad. I think Sakurai finds the Pikmin fairly important, though.

I think it's similar to Pokemon Trainer. I doubt we'll see the Trainer ever without the Pokemon themselves(it's easily doable, of course. Tether Recovery with his Escape Rope, he's got a Bike for attacks, Fishing Rod alone, Poke Flute could put people to sleep and/or being used for blunt attacks, never mind the great costume changes >_>). I actually wonder if we can even do a Nolimar this time around. Also, his new Up B, at least from what I know of it, doesn't require any regular Pikmin like his Brawl version. So you can use it even if you have none out. Basically, a literal Nolimar is now impossible, but the overall concept of trying to use none still exist. :)
Yeah, going Nolimar was pretty difficult in Brawl since you lost the Pikmin Chain. Winged Pikmin should help, despite not being a true Nolimar like you said.

I do like your ideas for the Pokémon Trainer as a solo character. Using the various items from the series would be super fun. I could see one of his smash attacks being using a fossil and whacking someone with it. But this is probably drifting into character discussion thread territory.

Back on topic:
I'm predicting an Assist Trophy explanation for one we've seen in the Direct tomorrow. Chain Chomp or Dark Samus maybe.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
Explain to me why Winged and Rock Pikmin(potentially) being in Olimar's moveset affects Louie's or daresay, the Plasm Wraith's chances.
Assuming they even considered putting the Plasm Wraith in there, none. Still, why rehash Olimar just to put Louie in? Seems to me like it'd be just best to use it as an alternate costume, but that's just me. Still, you've got me genuinely curious. What makes you think the Plasm Wraith would be in the game as a playable fighter? Am I just not understanding something here? Are you being serious or joking? I don't even mean that in a derisive way, either. I honestly want to know.

Oh, I understand completely. There's lots of characters I support that have similar issues. I just struggle a little to see how Pikmin could get another rep at this juncture, even the aforementioned Plasm Wraith. Though if I had to pick, I'd have gone with Alph, myself.

Staarih

Smash Master
Watch today's pic be the accidental pic from last Thursday (the Zelda + polar bear one, they just revealed it a week too early!).

...but I hope it's something new.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
Come on Palutena Assist Trophy! :awesome:

Yes, I'm serious. I want her in that role. :smirk: Medusa is the only KI rep I honestly want. More villains/bad guys to round out the roster. And she's awesome in her own right too.
I really feel sorry for Medusa. She should get Vegeta'd redeemed in a future game. Hades is a better straight-up villain.

D

Deleted member

Yes, I'm serious. I want her in that role. :smirk: Medusa is the only KI rep I honestly want. More villains/bad guys to round out the roster. And she's awesome in her own right too.
Good for you! Want a cookie?
Better slap this /sarcasm tag on here for good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Hey Sakurai! Let's have more 'true to game' stuff! Like how about Samus being able to rapid fire shoot her beams like Megaman or Yoshis eggs from Egg Throw being able to ricochet off of walls and floors? Oh wait no, it has to be negative for it to be in Smash and 'true to game'. Hmm, okay how about Kirby losing any power up he gets after one hit like in Amazing Mirror? That'd be pretty 'true to game' wouldn't it? Geez I talk like he can actually read this xD

Anyways, predictions. Normally I'd predict the whole Ganon/Wolf thing but if they are being revealed any time soon it'll be at E3 I can imagine so instead I'll predict a picture of Pika or Kirby. =o maybe we'll get to see yellow Kirby or Kirby wearing one of his adorable hats!

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
Assuming they even considered putting the Plasm Wraith in there, none. Still, why rehash Olimar just to put Louie in? Seems to me like it'd be just best to use it as an alternate costume, but that's just me. Still, you've got me genuinely curious. What makes you think the Plasm Wraith would be in the game as a playable fighter? Am I just not understanding something here? Are you being serious or joking? I don't even mean that in a derisive way, either. I honestly want to know.
When you say rehash, do you mean Olimar having to be changed to put Louie in, or since Olimar has been changed already there's no need to add Louie? If the first choice, then I would think Olimar wouldn't need to be changed since Louie could have a moveset that uses creatures from PNF-404(A summoner character). The second point would be more opinion, so I'll skip it.

On the topic of the Plasm Wraith, I know it's almost impossible. I have no reason to think it will be in the game in any form. It just happens to be a character that I really want, which is why I support it heavily. Looking at my sig, you'll notice it's full of unlikely characters. I just tend to like the unlikely ones better for some reason.

Heh. Despite me wanting Palutena, I would accept her as an Assist Trophy just so Medusa is playable.:laugh:

D

Deleted member

I have a feeling.....
I don't know why.....

But I feel tonight's the night.....

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
I predict stage details. I want Wario, however.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I'm thinking Sheik tonight. She's the only one of the newly-revealed vets who really hasn't gotten any attention since the Direct.

Not counting the cameo on the FD version of Gerudo Valley.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm thinking Sheik tonight. She's the only one of the newly-revealed vets who really hasn't gotten any attention since the Direct.

Not counting the cameo on the FD version of Gerudo Valley.
Maybe she'll be fighting Diddy Kong. :troll:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I wouldn't be surprised if it's Sheik and ZSS.

I'm hoping for a character. Obviously. Or a new stage. Something exciting!

Btw, I was going through old PotDs and I completely forgot the gust bellows is an item.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Still waiting for more Pit or KI stuff... or maybe something that was NEVER talked about in a POTD...

...Like talking about Bowser.

juddy96

Smash Lord
While we're waiting, anybody want to guess which character hasn't appeared in a POTD for the longest time? It's been forever since this character made an appearance.

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
Yeah but it's pretty likely to happen. :p
You sir, have been bagging on a character reveal every night this week. I think someone is a little starved, but I envy your optimism either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom