• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
If it's 3 newcomers we're getting I hope for Isaac, Dixie and Mewtwo(yeah I know he's technically not new).

Also we'renot getting the release date just a release window.
Now that super likely this is no joke I swear but this direct is confirmed to be 30 minutes long and I'm not kidding look in the direct thread

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Keep in mind with Mac's update, we didn't get a Miiverse pic of the day for the following day, since the Direct being morning-ish time made having another one at "lunchtime" seem redundant. Not that we'll be having a lack of content to have fun with, anyway.

SeatreasureReturned

Smash Apprentice
In the crate is Dixie because crates are close to barrels.
In the futuristic one is Mewtwo or Ridley because they are sci-fi-y
In the present is...Mii? because of wii party

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
I can't tell who's joking about the three boxes=three characters thing and who's being serious.

This probably doesn't even need to be said but I'd definitely advise against going in expecting 3 newcomers. It's not completely impossible that's really maximizing your chance for disappointment.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I know today's pic is just a bunch of boxes but it's made me pretty hyped. Why? It's because this is the first time Sakurai hasn't used a filler pic to promote an incoming Direct. We've actually gotten 14 new pics in a row and Sakurai seems intent on keeping the new content flowing. Sakurai also tweeted earlier that the release date will be announced in the Direct so I'm hoping this is a sign of a late summer release.

I know today's pic is just a bunch of boxes but it's made me pretty hyped. Why? It's because this is the first time Sakurai hasn't used a filler pic to promote an incoming Direct. We've actually gotten 14 new pics in a row and Sakurai seems intent on keeping the new content flowing. Sakurai also tweeted earlier that the release date will be announced in the Direct so I'm hoping this is a sign of a late summer release.
He said that? Can I get the link?

spader13

Smash Journeyman
Three crates? A wooden crate (with wheels) is our Veteran, the Sci-Fi Crate is a newcomer, and the Present is a surprise (Third Party perhaps?)

Joking aside, I hated the rolling crates in Brawl, but the new Sci-Fi Crate looks especially awesome this time around.

DangerDamage

Smash Journeyman
Am I seriously the only one to notice that Pikachu is standing on the rolling box which is an entirely new mechanic to Smash Bros?

Or was that in a previous game? o.o

Can you explain why?
The present just looks tacky to me, and looks like it doesn't really belong there. Half the stages it appears in it doesn't match the rest of the level it's supposed to "belong" in. The steel box looks like it fits in well with the sci-fi stages, the present just...doesn't.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
It was in Brawl too and it was absolutely hilarious when someone accidentally rolled off the stage while standing on one.
LOL I preferred stepping on one in Green Hill and then becoming a pendulum of death with Marth's Down Tilt.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
The present just looks tacky to me, and looks like it doesn't really belong there. Half the stages it appears in it doesn't match the rest of the level it's supposed to "belong" in. The steel box looks like it fits in well with the sci-fi stages, the present just...doesn't.
Fair enough. I honestly never noticed(or rather forgot) the present boxes existed until todays update, despite always playing with items on(and playing A LOT of Brawl), though I was always aware the sci-fi stages had the sci-fi containers. What levels even have the presents?

juddy96

Smash Lord
Usually when I hear "window" for arrival, that means month (or sometimes season). I'm not expecting a concrete release date, but I am expecting us to know significantly more about this game than we did at 5:59 pm EST.

Fair enough. I honestly never noticed(or rather forgot) the present boxes existed until todays update, despite always playing with items on(and playing A LOT of Brawl), though I was always aware the sci-fi stages had the sci-fi containers. What levels even have the presents?
Here's a list. They don't appear on that many stages actually. Maybe that's what made them stand out. Most of them don't really fit, 75m and Flat Zone being the worst offenders, but why does it apper in Green Hill Zone and Pictochat? Maybe this time they can appear on all stage and hint at what they contain, like the sci-fi containers having mostly weapons, while presents have mostly more power-up items. Maybe that will help.

Last edited:

SpindaMaster

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3136-6569-2540
Am I the only one who's a bit disappointed that the present box's polka dots aren't Smash logos?

spader13

Smash Journeyman
I'd guess tomorrow is Greninja with a caption further explaining one of its moves since it and Charizard are the only two characters to be revealed after most of the footage.

gamer8

Smash Lord
I want to see more of that beautiful Charizard mega evolution, and if him and Lucario's Mega evolutions are their FS or not.

SpindaMaster

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3136-6569-2540
Remember that in some places, it is tomorrow, so we might not get a PotD much like when Little Mac was revealed.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
If you go on miiverse Sakurai basically says that the direct replaces the pic.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
All of this talk of multiple character reveals both vets and newcomers. Problem with that is that if that does happen only one or two will be able to have the spotlight of the following potd. If they tried to even out the information we'd be left with very little for all of them, or at least that's my thinking. That's of course assuming we get multiple character reveals let alone one.
And here we are with what is it 5 character reveals? Greninja, Yoshi, Charizard, Sheik and ZSS. Well good luck to anyone who predicts what we'll be getting for the next little bit =P As for my prediction, I want more Pika, Charizard and Greninja so I'ma predict one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom