• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PWN3

Smash Apprentice
Happy almost-Birthday, Takamaru! I'll be sure to get hype when I see you in a few hours!

...Hopefully.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
I'm calling it. Veteran on Monday, new character on Tuesday, and then 10 minutes of menus, trophies and Miiverse integration with stickers for the Direct, and the big reveal of the crate item in action.
Called it.

(sorta)

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Okay guys, let's overanalyze. Each box represents a newcomer tonight, the wooden one is K. Rool (jungles and ****,) the space one is Ridley, and the gift is Mii (since they are in party games ya know.)

And before someone jumps at me, it's a joooooke.
No, the gift one is Delibird because Christmas.

We're getting Delibird.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Yeah, it makes me happy he says it will be Worth it loosing sleep to this. Can't wait to Watch it live, almost awake. XD

Really hope this somehow DOES hint at Three newcomers. *stares at Space Box*

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Dude. That sci-fi box. Is so ****ing cool.

Also, Sakurai's making this into a much bigger deal than I even expected.

My hype levels are UP.

Please please PLEASE don't be Mii.

Goooooood NIGHT everybody! Catch you on the flipside tomorrow, after the reckoning!

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Ahhhh! I was keeping my hopes low, but that "I know itll be late for some - but totally worth the wait" garuntees a newcomer for me and hightens the chance of a release date! Its real! The hype is real!! Goddamit Sakurai, you can flip me like a switch? I was so bored all March and now...? Well shucks.

Last edited:

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, the Direct is going to show 3 Newcomers.

Notice how Sakurai doesn't talk about the boxes in his comment...which basically means he wants us to associate the 3 boxes with the Smash Direct.

The logic is perfect!

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Yay for Crates.

I'm glad all three types can appear on the same stage now.
I wonder if they'll signify what kind of items are in there? Futuristic having Ray Guns and Pokeballs while Presents have Koopa Shells and Baseball Bats?

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Oh gosh

I'm... not sure what to think anymore.

He says it'll be worth the wait, but he doesn't say that it's new content.

But three presents. A present is (usually) something new.

Gah my brain can't handle this

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
At least it's a different character for the Direct. Now we wonder what's in those crates.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Yay for Crates.

I'm glad all three types can appear on the same stage now.
Which actually confuses the hell out of me, because wasn't the point of the different designs to fit different stage themes?

Ain't nothin' sciency about Skyloft. I'm confused.

Still look cool though.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Even before a Direct, Sakurai gives us a cool picture. The crates look awesome!

And this is it. The last PotD before tomorrow's madness. I am SO excited. Got off work for it any everything.

Also, seeing as Sakurai is a game developer/genius, I'm sure he can make all three crate designs appear on the same stage. When the game comes out I'm sure the crates will be different on each stage again.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Also note that there's no actual caption about the picture.

I think I'm getting too hyped for my brain... or my bed

Poor me

"[For North America] 4/8 3 PM PT!! We'll be airing Super Smash Bros. Direct!! There will be tons of new info in this one, so don't miss it! Click on the link below for the stream."

Okay I'm just gonna.... walk away now...

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I wonder if they'll signify what kind of items are in there? Futuristic having Ray Guns and Pokeballs while Presents have Koopa Shells and Baseball Bats?
That...would be pretty interesting actually. I'd be game for this idea.

Which actually confuses the hell out of me, because wasn't the point of the different designs to fit different stage themes?

Ain't nothin' sciency about Skyloft. I'm confused.

Still look cool though.
True. It is kind of confusing. I guess it does add more variety in general though.

If a futuristic box would appear on a Zelda stage, it would be more suitable for....wait a sec

Nayru Desert stage confirmed :awesome:

in all seriousness a Nayru Desert related stage would be awesome with Timeshift Stones

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
He made a second post, though it just clarifies the direct and provides a link.
"Tons of new info" So not JUST a new character ahaha~ Release date! Story Mode/Adventure Mode! Onlineee mode! WITH online identities and rankings of course!

Last edited:

Plain Yogurt

Smash Ace
PROBABLY worth the wait?! What is this Sakurai? I DEMAND PERFECT SATISFACTION

That said, the sci-fi box looks sick this time around. I kinda wish they kept the theme schtick though.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime

Oooh, aaaah, look at the pretty colors

Edit: Also, an apparent change from Brawl is that all three different crate types can appear together.
I could swear the middle box was one of the puzzle boxes from Portal. GLaDOS confirmed.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Might have to change my prediction by over-analyzing Pikachu's presence next to the presents in the picture we've been presented today.

Obviously we're going to get Mewtwo alongside Takamaru, Palutena, and Ridley. :troll: And Snake because boxes.

Last edited:

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Compare:

I prefer the Brawl present design to the newer version. The sci-fi crate's update is incredible, though.

Someone already updated the Smash wiki with the crates.

Well, we saw the creates. Now show us the barrels. Like, omg geez, Sakurai. This is so half-assed. Is that too much for a spoiled brat like me to ask?

-----

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
Worth the wait? I say they give us the release date, we've waited long enough!!

...just to hear that the games are delayed :troll:

Last edited:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I don't think the number of boxes on the picture have any significates... but we'll see soon enough.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Well, we already know we are not getting the release date.

I hope Pikachu in the pic doesn't mean we're getting (only) a Pokémon newcomer (or hell, even a veteran) on the Direct.

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman
Geez, combining a three crates picture with the message that the direct is probably worth the wait. I was trying really hard to not read anything into these pictures but obviously Sakurai doesn't want me to get away with that.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Yeah, the Direct is going to show 3 Newcomers.

Notice how Sakurai doesn't talk about the boxes in his comment...which basically means he wants us to associate the 3 boxes with the Smash Direct.

The logic is perfect!
That makes sense he diden't say anything about the boxes either not even the design change on the space one and that all 3 types are going to be on all stages

(Ps its safe to say the barrels might be confirmed as well)

If its 3 newcomers I will be happy

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
If it's 3 newcomers we're getting I hope for Isaac, Dixie and Mewtwo(yeah I know he's technically not new).

Also we'renot getting the release date just a release window.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom